Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

BF576FC6-55B4-4CA0-818C-C9F9A77E54C7.jpeg

Both my parents come from large impoverished families so my mom said her sisters frequently did her hair when my grandmother could not. However, my grandmothers were busy and overwhelmed. If Jill has time to take before and after pictures of Janessa and her assigned Brother-Mom, then surely she could’ve combed Janessa’s hair herself. It probably would’ve taken less time and effort than snapping the photos.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Wait, isn't that women's work?  Philip's soul has now been endangered!  Though I admit that Janessa looks much better than she usually does.  She actually looks cute.  Is Jill trying to promote Phillip as being a good father candidate so she can marry him off now that the Duggars have married off one of their young sons?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Well Jill certainly wasn't going to do it! 

Jill does do her kids' hair, and not so nicely either.  Years back, Jill put out a hair tutorial video and I was absolutely appalled at how she yanked at their hair, grabbed their jaws and twisted them into position, moused and gelled and sprayed them into petrification.  But mostly I remember just how roughly she treated those children while styling their hair.  And they never once complained, which I found chilling.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

Wait, isn't that women's work?  Philip's soul has now been endangered!  Though I admit that Janessa looks much better than she usually does.  She actually looks cute.  Is Jill trying to promote Phillip as being a good father candidate so she can marry him off now that the Duggars have married off one of their young sons?

She certainly looks better, but it appears that her hair, especially on the back, is super sparse. There are literal bald spots in there by the looks of it. A few of the littles seem to also have that look to them. Maybe Nurie and the other NotNuries had somewhat better nutrition as they were growing up, because as thin as they are, at least they appear to have enough hair to cover their heads.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janessa is a cutie!  It’s too bad that she doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in hell of having a somewhat normal life, because she’s being raised by 2 idiots.  

(edited)

The type of shirt Phillip is wearing (on a non-starving person) is supposed to fit like this. 
image.thumb.jpeg.8281501045e8df83291a0355eeced943.jpeg

Even on a much younger child.

image.thumb.jpeg.09e4319a3c07099c5976b37c3bc0f720.jpeg

It’s similar to the golf shirts that Tiger Woods wears and is designed to fit somewhat snugly on the body. That shirt is swallowing Phillip. Look how much the fabric billows, especially at the bottom and compare it to how it fits on the model. Of all the children, Phillip always looks the most unwell to me.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

The type of shirt Phillip is wearing (on a non-starving person) is supposed to fit like this. 
image.thumb.jpeg.8281501045e8df83291a0355eeced943.jpeg

Even on a much younger child.

image.thumb.jpeg.09e4319a3c07099c5976b37c3bc0f720.jpeg

It’s similar to the golf shirts that Tiger Woods wears and is designed to fit somewhat snugly on the body. That shirt is swallowing Phillip. Look how much the fabric billows, especially at the bottom and compare it to how it fits on the model. Of all the children, Phillip always looks the most unwell to me.

Phillip is skin and bones, especially his face, which looks skeletal.  He’s also very pale.  I think he may fast frequently so that there will be more food for the little kids.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, SMama said:

Have Best Mama Ever and Hunk (🤮) ever fasted? I’d be ashamed as a “good Christian” if my children fasted while I happily stuffed my face. 

I want to say that every time Jill posts about her children fasting she is either pregnant or breastfeeding.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, SMama said:

Have Best Mama Ever and Hunk (🤮) ever fasted? I’d be ashamed as a “good Christian” if my children fasted while I happily stuffed my face. 

No look at both of them 

They are overweight 

all the Rod kids look unwell but Phillip, Gabriel, Sadie and Sofia look worse than the rest. I note Phillip seemed to be chewing gum. so either he  had worked in the print shop for a piece of candy from david's bribe jar or that was a meal for Phillip

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

David is overweight, but Jill looks to be an average weight to me. I doubt she fasts often, though.

She just chugs plexus. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, skipnjump said:

Jill should think about getting him into barber school,or some other career,if that's the case.If it isn't sinful for Jill to do hair,it shouldn't be for Philip,either

• Love 9
54 minutes ago, sondraK said:

ill should think about getting him into barber school, or some other career, if that's the case. If it isn't sinful for Jill to go to school to learn how to do hair, it shouldn't be for Philip, either

Fixed it for you.

• LOL 2
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Fixed it for you.

LOL.Thx.I like the ill part,too It describes her better

5 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sondraK said:

Jill should think about getting him into barber school,or some other career,if that's the case.If it isn't sinful for Jill to do hair,it shouldn't be for Philip,either

I’m pretty sure God will guide all her sons to be preachers/grifters only. No real job is necessary!

6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I want to say that every time Jill posts about her children fasting she is either pregnant or breastfeeding.

You’re exactly right.

6 hours ago, SMama said:

I’m pretty sure that Shrek has never missed a meal.

• Love 3

I actually love quirky things, but I like them to be a little more intentional. Matching earrings that are unintentionally different sizes wouldn't be something I'd choose.

I would, however, rock those earrings if one of my kids made them for me when they were preteens.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Sad to say, those are some ugly earrings. 

They really are 

I can’t say I’ve noticed Jill wearing any of their earrings, or any of the girls 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Totally said:

They really are 

I can’t say I’ve noticed Jill wearing any of their earrings, or any of the girls 

I’ve seen Jill wear them a couple of times.  I watched the video and wow, it was hard to watch.  Those poor children...😢

• Love 1

After being stuffed into that dark, cluttered, soul-crushing RV with 14 people for a month, I'm surprised any of the Rod kids have the energy to be creative. 

Those earring styles must have an audience because several Etsy stores sell them. The material is vinyl "leather." Most of the ones for sale are evenly cut, however, so I don't understand why these look uneven. They are made from patterns. Maybe Jill should buy the business a decent pair of scissors. 

Never mind. Jill doesn't buy things for other people, even her own children. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

ok maybe its the drugs talking (shoulder surgery) but are they using aluminum foil for earrings?

I thought the same thing and I haven't had any drugs. Actually I looked at their Etsy shop and they are calling it faux leather. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Dumb question, but are these girls expected to be in full hair and makeup every single day, all day long?  Because I don't think I've ever seen Nurie and the Not-Nuries bare-faced.  I can't imagine having to be "on" like that, especially when stuck inside an RV all day long.  If I'm traveling anywhere, I'm in super comfortable clothes and the heck with makeup.  It's very sad to think that they've been trained that their bare face is not acceptable to the world and they have to be done up, probably just in case they stop at a rest area and Jill sees a suitable godly man for one of her daughters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
58 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Dumb question, but are these girls expected to be in full hair and makeup every single day, all day long?  Because I don't think I've ever seen Nurie and the Not-Nuries bare-faced.  I can't imagine having to be "on" like that, especially when stuck inside an RV all day long.  If I'm traveling anywhere, I'm in super comfortable clothes and the heck with makeup.  It's very sad to think that they've been trained that their bare face is not acceptable to the world and they have to be done up, probably just in case they stop at a rest area and Jill sees a suitable godly man for one of her daughters.

I guess Daniel from laundromat wasn’t godly//good enough for not Nuries. Haha

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Dumb question, but are these girls expected to be in full hair and makeup every single day, all day long?  Because I don't think I've ever seen Nurie and the Not-Nuries bare-faced.  

There was one of those fundy mothers that bragged about her daughters panicking if Daddy was coming home soon and they weren't all made up like a Godly young woman should be, so they'd rush off to make sure they were presentable.

It sounds like Jill, but when would the girls have to worry about Daddy coming home to washed faces?  He's almost never gone, and not gone for long when he does go somewhere.  Usually he's just taking Jill off for a private meal or shopping while the kids make to with whatever is in the house.  Maybe she's talking about the very few times when David went off with just the boys for some man time.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

There was one of those fundy mothers that bragged about her daughters panicking if Daddy was coming home soon and they weren't all made up like a Godly young woman should be, so they'd rush off to make sure they were presentable.

It sounds like Jill, but when would the girls have to worry about Daddy coming home to washed faces?  He's almost never gone, and not gone for long when he does go somewhere.  Usually he's just taking Jill off for a private meal or shopping while the kids make to with whatever is in the house.  Maybe she's talking about the very few times when David went off with just the boys for some man time.

I think that was Jill, but it may be a common thing amongst some groups. My grandmother, a very proper Southern lady, never left the house without makeup even when we were on a road trip and would be sitting in the car all day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I think that was Jill, but it may be a common thing amongst some groups. My grandmother, a very proper Southern lady, never left the house without makeup even when we were on a road trip and would be sitting in the car all day.

I wear make up pretty much all the time. I will even wear it when we go hiking, I do concede and not do much with my hair besides a pony tail and I try to tone down the make up some. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Triple P said:

Jill did say that about her daughters.  I found it disgusting.

• Love 2

I think it has more to do with Jill's beautician background.  They are like walking billboards of Jill's exceptional cosmetics and hair talent.

I used to work with a lady who told me that for years after she was married, she would always be sure to wake up before her husband so she could go into the bathroom, put on full makeup and then go back to bed so when they woke up together she looked beautiful.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I wear a full face of makeup almost every day.  Even on a Saturday when I only leave the house for 30 minutes to run an errand.  Makeup is something I enjoy.  I also own enough powder cosmetics to last the rest of my life, so why not.  Do I need to wear it? No.  Am I capable of leaving the house without it? Yes.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshots from video, they apologized for how long it’s been. They said they’ve been traveling and haven’t done anything. 

D9599F0D-0C8B-4D9B-947D-091D924A708D.jpeg

CD0FE47A-91F0-47C6-B7C1-51257C3BC8CC.jpeg

I would have to be ON drugs to buy that garbage 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Sad to say, those are some ugly earrings. 

True, unfortunately.  Why don't they make bead jewelry like Nurie?  If they get the hang of it, they can turn out some pretty jewelry, and would have more luck selling it on Etsy, at least to their leg humpers.  

• Love 4

JRod has a new video that shows every one of the Rod children taking a bite of food.  It looked like a big 🖕🏻from Jill to her “haters”.  Of course they were at Zaxby’s with church members who, I’ll bet, bought the Rods dinner.

• Love 7