Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

Recommended Posts

First, JillR has been, and I believe still is, on DCF's radar. 

Second, it seems there are a lot of Reddit posters who have personal knowledge of all these families yet they just repeat the rampant speculation that is already out there. 

What do folks get out of saying they have first hand knowledge? 

The funniest was one a few months back. I forget who it was about, but the poster said Diane Sawyer wanted to interview the him/her. Diane Sawyer?! She's going to come out of retirement to interview a random person about a random Fundy family? I don't think so.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 10
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, sondraK said:

Cracker Barrel is what?

The word she covered up was “screwed”. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

reddit folks were not kind on this one. I believe the post was removed quickly. Truly if you wanted to help the Rod kids and had first hand knowledge of alleged abuse, reddit is not the place you would first think to go for help. I thought it a fake right off for that reason

Yeah it just seems to throw out what is essentially vague information with some slight details that cannot be verified. It seems very on brand for Jill--I would not be shocked to hear she did actually beat one of her kids with a clock (the one detail that I am pretty sure is repeated each time)--but at the end of the day, this person just keeps repeating the same vague unsupported story on Reddit every few months, and when they're asked about why they don't actually report this to the authorities, they never seem able to articulate any reasonable excuse. 

Something about that "Hello world" opening also just seems hella weird to me. That's how you open your stark expose on abuse, which you have repeated to the world before?

The one person who posted about Tim and a girl at least had some original pictures to bring to the table. I don't think that's the same person as this one. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is JillR that obtuse or does she play along to further the bullshit?

JillR must have run out of week old "southern tour" pregnant Nurie/grifting trip pics to post. so she is back to her usual copying hate posts and copying plexus hype to keep her "followers" interested.🤣

  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes, Sophia (Sofia?) looks like she’s dying of cancer.  She’s the 5-year-old who gave her sin-filled life to Jesus (got “saved”) several months ago.  She’s the child who wears shoes that are at least two sizes too small.  She also wears tube socks (with holes big enough for her big toe to fit through) with plastic sandals that she appears to be very fond of, probably because it’s the first brand new thing that she’s ever worn in her entire life.

That little girl is haunting. It’s very possible she has a serious health issue and really is at death’s door.
 

Breaks my heart. How can Jill and David see this and not help her?!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 13

Share this post


Link to post

46 minutes ago, rue721 said:

That little girl is haunting. It’s very possible she has a serious health issue and really is at death’s door.
 

Breaks my heart. How can Jill and David see this and not help her?!

I wonder if she's anemic,at the least.She doesn't strike me as someone who appears to have a healthy blood count

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

How can Jill and David see this and not help her?!

They don’t see her, not as she really is. The whole family is wrapped up in the JRod web of lies...hubby is a hunk, everyone just adores each other, Mama is the bestest most beautiful mother ever, Jesus loves them best, and they convert souls to Jesus all the time.

Trust me, when the core of a family’s belief system is a bunch of lies enforced by a nutcase, nobody is going to step out of line. Jill says her kids choose to fast and have naturally skinny physiques. Case closed. Never mind the pallor, the dark circles and low energy. Her kids are healthy and happy, and DON’T YOU FORGET IT.

  • Like 8
  • Sad 17

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sure Nathan has figured out by now, that since marrying into the Rod family,he's supposed to live for Jill,not Jesus.I don't think that sits too well with him,via his sermons

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I'm sure Nathan has figured out by now, that since marrying into the Rod family,he's supposed to live for Jill,not Jesus.I don't think that sits too well with him,via his sermons

And that particular sermon sailed waaay over Jilly's pouffed head.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/6/2021 at 5:50 AM, ginger90 said:

Two of Jill’s coffee posts.......

4FFF9486-88B3-4174-B7FE-984133A14D2D.jpeg

925E0C42-D185-44D2-8451-4C926FA83D1B.jpeg

As I drink my second coffee this morning.  😂

Did JillyRod put down her glass o' pink chemicals to lecture US about drinking coffee?

Look at your kids, Jill. You don't have any right to lecture ANYONE on nutrition.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 2
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/25/2021 at 3:10 PM, DangerousMinds said:

What rights would Jill lose if others gained them?

The right to be the only arbitrator of good and evil.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't read those claims about Jill and the kids before.

But I believe the kids are neglected, maybe even punished, beaten. Starved yes, just  look at them. I feel so sorry for them, they do not deserve parents like Jill and David. No one does.

And they have fans, people who don't see anything wrong with their family. That is horrifying. 

 

  • Sad 16

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/28/2021 at 5:38 AM, beckie said:

She loves playing with them. Get it right, Jill. We all know she didn't eat them.

I wouldn't eat them either but in my case it was because at a party when I was a child I thought they were grapes and I never recovered from that betrayal 🤣

 

That poor kid probably had to put them back in the jar after the bestest mama ever got her social media picture. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

I believe that the Rods beat their kids. Starving them is just a bonus to Jill and David.

  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 12

Share this post


Link to post

Those kids remind me so much of the family from southern California that was on the news a few years ago. They also looked malnourished (and were!).

  • Sad 13

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Those kids remind me so much of the family from southern California that was on the news a few years ago. They also looked malnourished (and were!).

The Turpins? Yes I agree. I read a book about that case about a year or so ago, and the Rodrigues vibes were very strong. 

  • Sad 16

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I believe that the Rods beat their kids. Starving them is just a bonus to Jill and David.

I think the Rod parents follow the Pearl’s way of discipline to the letter.  They sent 2 of the oldest daughters to live with the Pearls for awhile, didn’t they?  If that’s not endorsement, I don’t know what is, and Debi Pearl complimented Jill on SM a couple of months ago for “child-training at its finest” (or something close to that) regarding the Rod’s children.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 18

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think the Rod parents follow the Pearl’s way of discipline to the letter.  They sent 2 of the oldest daughters to live with the Pearls for awhile, didn’t they?  If that’s not endorsement, I don’t know what is, and Debi Pearl complimented Jill on SM a couple of months ago for “child-training at its finest” (or something close to that) regarding the Rod’s children.  

Yes! I posted about remembering Nurie and Kaylee's stay with the Pearls as well. I remember seeing pictures of them with both Pearls and feeling supremely creeped out. I did a search here on this thread to make sure I wasn't making this up, and there are posts from June 2017 about Nurie and Kaylee going to stay with the Pearls for part of the summer.  Unfortunately, the pictures no longer show up. There is no doubt in my mind the Rodrigues children have been raised with the abusive methods detailed by the Pearls. 😔

  • Like 1
  • Sad 17

Share this post


Link to post

The most horrible thing about the visit to the Pearls was that Nurie and Kaylee both looked happier, better rested, and better fed there than they did with their own family! FFS, how bad is your home life when a stay at the PEARL homestead is a better option?!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 31

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

They don’t see her, not as she really is. The whole family is wrapped up in the JRod web of lies...hubby is a hunk, everyone just adores each other, Mama is the bestest most beautiful mother ever, Jesus loves them best, and they convert souls to Jesus all the time.

Trust me, when the core of a family’s belief system is a bunch of lies enforced by a nutcase, nobody is going to step out of line. Jill says her kids choose to fast and have naturally skinny physiques. Case closed. Never mind the pallor, the dark circles and low energy. Her kids are healthy and happy, and DON’T YOU FORGET IT.

I wish I could like this post a hundred times. People with personality disorders are delusional and destructive. Only their needs are important. Other people exist just to serve them. This is the way a cult operates. 

However, Jill may be her own worst enemy. She has an active social media presence and appears to be on the radar of child services wherever the family moves. If Sophia (or any of the other children) had an unusual medical event, Jill's obsession with putting herself and her family in the public spotlight would come back to haunt her. She may cry persecution, but she and David will be judged by clearer heads.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Nearly a MONTH?????

I wonder what Ma and Pa Keller had to say about that.  I didn’t see a whole lot of pictures of Jilly Bean and her Hunk with their “sweet bffs” so I suppose the Kellers put a limit on Rod time. And a budget. Or is prison ministry so hot right now in the age of Covid that the Keller menfolk were too busy at the state penn to host them very much in their lovely home?  Or did the rich pastor life, with the big, beautiful boat, supersede any fun with the less wealthy Kellers?

So here’s another thing...who is running the asylum print shop while Hunk is travelin’ and preachin?  I’m assuming the print shop didn’t just stop taking orders.  And those smiley face tracts don’t print themselves...

One more thing before I slither back into the shadows...I wonder if they were able to grift enough cash and/or materials to build the addition to the barndo?  

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Nearly a MONTH?????

I wonder what Ma and Pa Keller had to say about that.  I didn’t see a whole lot of pictures of Jilly Bean and her Hunk with their “sweet bffs” so I suppose the Kellers put a limit on Rod time. And a budget. Or is prison ministry so hot right now in the age of Covid that the Keller menfolk were too busy at the state penn to host them very much in their lovely home?  Or did the rich pastor life, with the big, beautiful boat, supersede any fun with the less wealthy Kellers?

So here’s another thing...who is running the asylum print shop while Hunk is travelin’ and preachin?  I’m assuming the print shop didn’t just stop taking orders.  And those smiley face tracts don’t print themselves...

One more thing before I slither back into the shadows...I wonder if they were able to grift enough cash and/or materials to build the addition to the barndo?  

I wonder if Tim had to run the print shop while they were gone.Even if he's still working a job,they prob. figured,what else does he have to do in his spare time?

Edited by sondraK
  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Gweilo said:

The most horrible thing about the visit to the Pearls was that Nurie and Kaylee both looked happier, better rested, and better fed there than they did with their own family! FFS, how bad is your home life when a stay at the PEARL homestead is a better option?!

The Pearls are terrible, but they don't beat adults or near adults. Actually Michael has radical idea that adults should live their own lives.  He probably treated Nurie and Kaylee like they were nearing adulthood and not like little girls. The Pearl kids all grew up to be crazy fundies like their dad and yet they run wild in ways the Duggars/Bates etc. never will. 

  • Like 4
  • Useful 6
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

I wonder if Tim had to run the print shop while they were gone.Even if he's still working a job,they prob. figured,what else does he have to do in his spare time?

I’m thinking yes. Maybe sweet church friends got roped in to volunteer. The Rods are amazingly great grifters. 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

I wonder if Tim had to run the print shop while they were gone.Even if he's still working a job,they prob. figured,what else does he have to do in his spare time?

David prints when he receives orders, but it's not clear how often that is. Jill brags about the big orders, but there are probably small ones she doesn't bother to mention. Has Tim ever taken over the print shop on his own? Wouldn't Jill be bragging if Tim were running the print ministry,  or does Tim not merit a comment about anything these days? 

It sure seems Jill was having such a grand time touring sunny Florida on Nathan's money that rural Ohio, their sweet church friends, the modest Amish, and their oldest son were out of sight and mind. If she is being investigated by children's services or getting pushback from the members of the church of the giant neon sign, she may be plotting how to grift a move south. 

 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I kind of thought the Rods guilt folks into ordering from them, or partnering with them for tracks. I'm thinking most folks are one and done with orders from them and the printer collects a lot of dust.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I kind of thought the Rods guilt folks into ordering from them, or partnering with them for tracks. I'm thinking most folks are one and done with orders from them and the printer collects a lot of dust.

That's how I think of it too. I think if there were orders constantly rolling out from the print shop, we'd see more of that on JillR's social media. Instead of the occasional post trumpeting them shipping out or delivering an order. She brags about how her husband is so "hard working" and I think she'd post about his print jobs more if there were more of them. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think she'd post about his print jobs more if there were more of them. 

Yes. And he seems to have plenty of time to remodel the barndo and go on vacations. They’re getting big time government benefits somehow, is all I can think. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That's how I think of it too. I think if there were orders constantly rolling out from the print shop, we'd see more of that on JillR's social media. Instead of the occasional post trumpeting them shipping out or delivering an order. She brags about how her husband is so "hard working" and I think she'd post about his print jobs more if there were more of them. 

But then it might appear they are making money and should be self supporting and the grifting game wouldn't be as effective

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

David dyes his hair or Jill does it for him. How vain.

As long as they both are over fed who cares about their half dead/starving brood if kids. 
 

Jill is definitely plotting her move to Florida. If HUNK dies she is 100% will move and expect Nathan to support her for forever.

3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Yes. And he seems to have plenty of time to remodel the barndo and go on vacations. They’re getting big time government benefits somehow, is all I can think. 

I am sure Jill is salivating/spent all the upcoming stimulus $$$ already. Maybe each kid will get their own candy bar!!!
 

Wonder how long it took her to spent the previous stimulus $$$. I’m thinking a month. 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Last post for today:

I bet Jill will be back to FL for Mother’s Day if not sooner. 
 

Did Jill post what her kids/Hubby got her for Valentine’s Day? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Did Jill post what her kids/Hubby got her for Valentine’s Day? 

Jill and David spent a day in Bonita Springs, celebrating their INCREDIBLE love by eating in two different restaurants and sipping "Non-alcoholic" drinks with little umbrellas. I'm sure the day included hitting the local gift shops. It's not clear who paid for it. 

As for the kids, I don't remember Jill posting anything. They know better than to forget BEST MOMMA.  

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill is definitely plotting her move to Florida. If HUNK dies she is 100% will move and expect Nathan to support her for forever.

If HUNK dies, I'm sure Jill will head for Nurthan's place. She'll probably leave the kids behind to fend for themselves since she won't need them as grift props anymore. 

Nathan and Nurie went to Georgia as part of the Rods' Florida singing tour? How does Nathan justify taking so much time off work? Does Jill realize that if Nathan doesn't work, he can't continue to support her and the entire family?

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

37 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

But then it might appear they are making money and should be self supporting and the grifting game wouldn't be as effective

That's a good point. JillR must have to walk a fine line between "look at the print jobs my hardworking husband is doing" and "we're serving Jesus at great financial hardship to ourselves so please give us money if you love Jesus!" 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I am sure Jill is salivating/spent all the upcoming stimulus $$$ already. Maybe each kid will get their own candy bar!!!
 

Wonder how long it took her to spent the previous stimulus $$$. I’m thinking a month. 

So I’m a masochist. I calculated their stimulus check based on the assumptions that first, they actually file taxes, which I could see them refusing to do, and an AGI of $40,000. Which is probably a wild exaggeration of what they actually earn and/or report.

They’re looking at $21,000. I hope she writes the evil gubmint a thank you note. Nah...she’ll just bite the hand that’s literally feeding her on SM. 

I just wish I could believe the kids will get anything from it. Like food.

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

With that amount, they could pay for the renovation of the barn themselves. 😂

Don’t be silly! Of course NOT! Using their own money is unacceptable it must be grifted!

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Don’t be silly! Of course NOT! Using their own money is unacceptable it must be grifted!

It is grifted  from their fellow American citizens’ taxes.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Plus, Jill probably needs the money to decorate the space once it’s finished. That money will buy a lot of rustic chalkboard signs and baskets with artificial flowers. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

How does Nathan justify taking so much time off work?

Well if he has his own lawn service, it's the best time to take mini vacations from that in Florida as the grass doesn't need to be cut as often in the winter.  I think he also is in business with his brother or a friend, so they could cover for him.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I kind of thought the Rods guilt folks into ordering from them, or partnering with them for tracks. I'm thinking most folks are one and done with orders from them and the printer collects a lot of dust.

I think so, too.  They even guilted the Church of the Neon Sign into ordering all those pamphlets to be mailed.  I wonder how the flock feels about that. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Normades said:

I think so, too.  They even guilted the Church of the Neon Sign into ordering all those pamphlets to be mailed.  I wonder how the flock feels about that. 

Maybe they will start calling CPS on them... that would drive the Rods out of town.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Normades said:

I think so, too.  They even guilted the Church of the Neon Sign into ordering all those pamphlets to be mailed.  I wonder how the flock feels about that. 

Eighty thousand of those tracts, and we never heard a word about how many people were saved or even came to the church as a result. I'm guessing none. 

The Giant Neon Sign church members had an entire Jill-free month. What a blessing that must have been. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 23

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

David prints when he receives orders, but it's not clear how often that is. Jill brags about the big orders, but there are probably small ones she doesn't bother to mention. Has Tim ever taken over the print shop on his own? Wouldn't Jill be bragging if Tim were running the print ministry,  or does Tim not merit a comment about anything these days? 

It sure seems Jill was having such a grand time touring sunny Florida on Nathan's money that rural Ohio, their sweet church friends, the modest Amish, and their oldest son were out of sight and mind. If she is being investigated by children's services or getting pushback from the members of the church of the giant neon sign, she may be plotting how to grift a move south. 

 

But would FL be tougher on homeschooling laws? I'm wondering if they moved to Ohio to get more leniency with that

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

FWIW, HSDLA lists both Ohio and Florida as states with "moderate" regulation of homeschooling (as opposed to high or low), but if you actually read the summary for both states, FL seems quite a bit more lenient regarding requirements.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

West Virginia was more lenient than Ohio. They didn't move to skimp (more) on homeschooling.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

We may all agree that David Rodriquez is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history.

 

Hate Speech and Insensitive Language 

Scarlett45

Moderator Announcement- The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size