Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

True. However, if she ate all those olives, she'd get thirsty. Drinking water is probably rationed in chez Rodrigues like everything else. 

Is that Sadie with the olives, the child who always looks ill? 

Sadie's the picture of health compared to her little sister Sophia, who looks deathly ill.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

True. However, if she ate all those olives, she'd get thirsty. Drinking water is probably rationed in chez Rodrigues like everything else. 

Is that Sadie with the olives, the child who always looks ill? 

I think that’s Janessa.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Sadie's the picture of health compared to her little sister Sophia, who looks deathly ill.

Yes, Sophia (Sofia?) looks like she’s dying of cancer.  She’s the 5-year-old who gave her sin-filled life to Jesus (got “saved”) several months ago.  She’s the child who wears shoes that are at least two sizes too small.  She also wears tube socks (with holes big enough for her big toe to fit through) with plastic sandals that she appears to be very fond of, probably because it’s the first brand new thing that she’s ever worn in her entire life.

12 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

41771AA2-F7DD-4EEF-8554-2D932B7D495B.jpeg

405F7DE4-BB34-46E0-AECF-4E5685A03C7B.jpeg

Nurie has SEVERELY tragic eyebrows 

OMG, when did that happen?  I saw a picture of Nurie several days ago, and she looked great.  Her eyebrows did not look like this then!  Jill, you crazy bitch, wth have you done?!?!?  It also appears that Jill and Nurie have the same hair color. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Edited by farmgal4
Added a sentence

Jill doesn't ruin her own eyebrows, so why does she do this to Nurie? Not only are the brows much too thin, the arch is on the inside instead of outer corner of the eye. As a beauty school honor student and graduate, Jill should know that's wrong. 

Nathan must have been crawling the walls waiting for Jill and the RV to leave. Now, he's staring at the single-digit balance in his bank account. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Did anyone read a reddit post about the Rodriguez? It was said that Tim told how the kids were abuse, they were not allowed to sleep ,they were beaten. They moved because od CPS. Real horror story and I believe it is true.

I saw a screenshot on Pickles

• Love 2

reddit folks were not kind on this one. I believe the post was removed quickly. Truly if you wanted to help the Rod kids and had first hand knowledge of alleged abuse, reddit is not the place you would first think to go for help. I thought it a fake right off for that reason

• Useful 5
  • Love 17

First, JillR has been, and I believe still is, on DCF's radar. 

Second, it seems there are a lot of Reddit posters who have personal knowledge of all these families yet they just repeat the rampant speculation that is already out there. 

What do folks get out of saying they have first hand knowledge? 

The funniest was one a few months back. I forget who it was about, but the poster said Diane Sawyer wanted to interview the him/her. Diane Sawyer?! She's going to come out of retirement to interview a random person about a random Fundy family? I don't think so.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 8
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

reddit folks were not kind on this one. I believe the post was removed quickly. Truly if you wanted to help the Rod kids and had first hand knowledge of alleged abuse, reddit is not the place you would first think to go for help. I thought it a fake right off for that reason

Yeah it just seems to throw out what is essentially vague information with some slight details that cannot be verified. It seems very on brand for Jill--I would not be shocked to hear she did actually beat one of her kids with a clock (the one detail that I am pretty sure is repeated each time)--but at the end of the day, this person just keeps repeating the same vague unsupported story on Reddit every few months, and when they're asked about why they don't actually report this to the authorities, they never seem able to articulate any reasonable excuse. 

Something about that "Hello world" opening also just seems hella weird to me. That's how you open your stark expose on abuse, which you have repeated to the world before?

The one person who posted about Tim and a girl at least had some original pictures to bring to the table. I don't think that's the same person as this one. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is JillR that obtuse or does she play along to further the bullshit?

JillR must have run out of week old "southern tour" pregnant Nurie/grifting trip pics to post. so she is back to her usual copying hate posts and copying plexus hype to keep her "followers" interested.🤣

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes, Sophia (Sofia?) looks like she’s dying of cancer.  She’s the 5-year-old who gave her sin-filled life to Jesus (got “saved”) several months ago.  She’s the child who wears shoes that are at least two sizes too small.  She also wears tube socks (with holes big enough for her big toe to fit through) with plastic sandals that she appears to be very fond of, probably because it’s the first brand new thing that she’s ever worn in her entire life.

That little girl is haunting. It’s very possible she has a serious health issue and really is at death’s door.

Breaks my heart. How can Jill and David see this and not help her?!

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, rue721 said:

That little girl is haunting. It’s very possible she has a serious health issue and really is at death’s door.

Breaks my heart. How can Jill and David see this and not help her?!

I wonder if she's anemic,at the least.She doesn't strike me as someone who appears to have a healthy blood count

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

How can Jill and David see this and not help her?!

They don’t see her, not as she really is. The whole family is wrapped up in the JRod web of lies...hubby is a hunk, everyone just adores each other, Mama is the bestest most beautiful mother ever, Jesus loves them best, and they convert souls to Jesus all the time.

Trust me, when the core of a family’s belief system is a bunch of lies enforced by a nutcase, nobody is going to step out of line. Jill says her kids choose to fast and have naturally skinny physiques. Case closed. Never mind the pallor, the dark circles and low energy. Her kids are healthy and happy, and DON’T YOU FORGET IT.

• Love 8

I'm sure Nathan has figured out by now, that since marrying into the Rod family,he's supposed to live for Jill,not Jesus.I don't think that sits too well with him,via his sermons

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I'm sure Nathan has figured out by now, that since marrying into the Rod family,he's supposed to live for Jill,not Jesus.I don't think that sits too well with him,via his sermons

And that particular sermon sailed waaay over Jilly's pouffed head.

• Love 7
On 2/6/2021 at 5:50 AM, ginger90 said:

Two of Jill’s coffee posts.......

4FFF9486-88B3-4174-B7FE-984133A14D2D.jpeg

925E0C42-D185-44D2-8451-4C926FA83D1B.jpeg

As I drink my second coffee this morning.  😂

Did JillyRod put down her glass o' pink chemicals to lecture US about drinking coffee?

Look at your kids, Jill. You don't have any right to lecture ANYONE on nutrition.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I haven't read those claims about Jill and the kids before.

But I believe the kids are neglected, maybe even punished, beaten. Starved yes, just  look at them. I feel so sorry for them, they do not deserve parents like Jill and David. No one does.

And they have fans, people who don't see anything wrong with their family. That is horrifying. 

On 2/28/2021 at 5:38 AM, beckie said:

She loves playing with them. Get it right, Jill. We all know she didn't eat them.

I wouldn't eat them either but in my case it was because at a party when I was a child I thought they were grapes and I never recovered from that betrayal 🤣

That poor kid probably had to put them back in the jar after the bestest mama ever got her social media picture. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Those kids remind me so much of the family from southern California that was on the news a few years ago. They also looked malnourished (and were!).

The Turpins? Yes I agree. I read a book about that case about a year or so ago, and the Rodrigues vibes were very strong. 

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I believe that the Rods beat their kids. Starving them is just a bonus to Jill and David.

I think the Rod parents follow the Pearl’s way of discipline to the letter.  They sent 2 of the oldest daughters to live with the Pearls for awhile, didn’t they?  If that’s not endorsement, I don’t know what is, and Debi Pearl complimented Jill on SM a couple of months ago for “child-training at its finest” (or something close to that) regarding the Rod’s children.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think the Rod parents follow the Pearl’s way of discipline to the letter.  They sent 2 of the oldest daughters to live with the Pearls for awhile, didn’t they?  If that’s not endorsement, I don’t know what is, and Debi Pearl complimented Jill on SM a couple of months ago for “child-training at its finest” (or something close to that) regarding the Rod’s children.  

Yes! I posted about remembering Nurie and Kaylee's stay with the Pearls as well. I remember seeing pictures of them with both Pearls and feeling supremely creeped out. I did a search here on this thread to make sure I wasn't making this up, and there are posts from June 2017 about Nurie and Kaylee going to stay with the Pearls for part of the summer.  Unfortunately, the pictures no longer show up. There is no doubt in my mind the Rodrigues children have been raised with the abusive methods detailed by the Pearls. 😔

• Love 1

The most horrible thing about the visit to the Pearls was that Nurie and Kaylee both looked happier, better rested, and better fed there than they did with their own family! FFS, how bad is your home life when a stay at the PEARL homestead is a better option?!

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

They don’t see her, not as she really is. The whole family is wrapped up in the JRod web of lies...hubby is a hunk, everyone just adores each other, Mama is the bestest most beautiful mother ever, Jesus loves them best, and they convert souls to Jesus all the time.

Trust me, when the core of a family’s belief system is a bunch of lies enforced by a nutcase, nobody is going to step out of line. Jill says her kids choose to fast and have naturally skinny physiques. Case closed. Never mind the pallor, the dark circles and low energy. Her kids are healthy and happy, and DON’T YOU FORGET IT.

I wish I could like this post a hundred times. People with personality disorders are delusional and destructive. Only their needs are important. Other people exist just to serve them. This is the way a cult operates. 

However, Jill may be her own worst enemy. She has an active social media presence and appears to be on the radar of child services wherever the family moves. If Sophia (or any of the other children) had an unusual medical event, Jill's obsession with putting herself and her family in the public spotlight would come back to haunt her. She may cry persecution, but she and David will be judged by clearer heads.

• Love 14

Nearly a MONTH?????

I wonder what Ma and Pa Keller had to say about that.  I didn’t see a whole lot of pictures of Jilly Bean and her Hunk with their “sweet bffs” so I suppose the Kellers put a limit on Rod time. And a budget. Or is prison ministry so hot right now in the age of Covid that the Keller menfolk were too busy at the state penn to host them very much in their lovely home?  Or did the rich pastor life, with the big, beautiful boat, supersede any fun with the less wealthy Kellers?

So here’s another thing...who is running the asylum print shop while Hunk is travelin’ and preachin?  I’m assuming the print shop didn’t just stop taking orders.  And those smiley face tracts don’t print themselves...

One more thing before I slither back into the shadows...I wonder if they were able to grift enough cash and/or materials to build the addition to the barndo?  

• Love 22
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Nearly a MONTH?????

I wonder what Ma and Pa Keller had to say about that.  I didn’t see a whole lot of pictures of Jilly Bean and her Hunk with their “sweet bffs” so I suppose the Kellers put a limit on Rod time. And a budget. Or is prison ministry so hot right now in the age of Covid that the Keller menfolk were too busy at the state penn to host them very much in their lovely home?  Or did the rich pastor life, with the big, beautiful boat, supersede any fun with the less wealthy Kellers?

So here’s another thing...who is running the asylum print shop while Hunk is travelin’ and preachin?  I’m assuming the print shop didn’t just stop taking orders.  And those smiley face tracts don’t print themselves...

One more thing before I slither back into the shadows...I wonder if they were able to grift enough cash and/or materials to build the addition to the barndo?  

I wonder if Tim had to run the print shop while they were gone.Even if he's still working a job,they prob. figured,what else does he have to do in his spare time?

Edited by sondraK
11 hours ago, Gweilo said:

The most horrible thing about the visit to the Pearls was that Nurie and Kaylee both looked happier, better rested, and better fed there than they did with their own family! FFS, how bad is your home life when a stay at the PEARL homestead is a better option?!

The Pearls are terrible, but they don't beat adults or near adults. Actually Michael has radical idea that adults should live their own lives.  He probably treated Nurie and Kaylee like they were nearing adulthood and not like little girls. The Pearl kids all grew up to be crazy fundies like their dad and yet they run wild in ways the Duggars/Bates etc. never will. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

I wonder if Tim had to run the print shop while they were gone.Even if he's still working a job,they prob. figured,what else does he have to do in his spare time?

I’m thinking yes. Maybe sweet church friends got roped in to volunteer. The Rods are amazingly great grifters. 

7 hours ago, sondraK said:

David prints when he receives orders, but it's not clear how often that is. Jill brags about the big orders, but there are probably small ones she doesn't bother to mention. Has Tim ever taken over the print shop on his own? Wouldn't Jill be bragging if Tim were running the print ministry,  or does Tim not merit a comment about anything these days? 

It sure seems Jill was having such a grand time touring sunny Florida on Nathan's money that rural Ohio, their sweet church friends, the modest Amish, and their oldest son were out of sight and mind. If she is being investigated by children's services or getting pushback from the members of the church of the giant neon sign, she may be plotting how to grift a move south. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I kind of thought the Rods guilt folks into ordering from them, or partnering with them for tracks. I'm thinking most folks are one and done with orders from them and the printer collects a lot of dust.

• Love 14
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I kind of thought the Rods guilt folks into ordering from them, or partnering with them for tracks. I'm thinking most folks are one and done with orders from them and the printer collects a lot of dust.

That's how I think of it too. I think if there were orders constantly rolling out from the print shop, we'd see more of that on JillR's social media. Instead of the occasional post trumpeting them shipping out or delivering an order. She brags about how her husband is so "hard working" and I think she'd post about his print jobs more if there were more of them. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think she'd post about his print jobs more if there were more of them. 

Yes. And he seems to have plenty of time to remodel the barndo and go on vacations. They’re getting big time government benefits somehow, is all I can think. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That's how I think of it too. I think if there were orders constantly rolling out from the print shop, we'd see more of that on JillR's social media. Instead of the occasional post trumpeting them shipping out or delivering an order. She brags about how her husband is so "hard working" and I think she'd post about his print jobs more if there were more of them. 

But then it might appear they are making money and should be self supporting and the grifting game wouldn't be as effective

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

David dyes his hair or Jill does it for him. How vain.

As long as they both are over fed who cares about their half dead/starving brood if kids. 

Jill is definitely plotting her move to Florida. If HUNK dies she is 100% will move and expect Nathan to support her for forever.

3 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Yes. And he seems to have plenty of time to remodel the barndo and go on vacations. They’re getting big time government benefits somehow, is all I can think. 

I am sure Jill is salivating/spent all the upcoming stimulus $$$ already. Maybe each kid will get their own candy bar!!!

Wonder how long it took her to spent the previous stimulus $$$. I’m thinking a month. 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Did Jill post what her kids/Hubby got her for Valentine’s Day? 

Jill and David spent a day in Bonita Springs, celebrating their INCREDIBLE love by eating in two different restaurants and sipping "Non-alcoholic" drinks with little umbrellas. I'm sure the day included hitting the local gift shops. It's not clear who paid for it. 

As for the kids, I don't remember Jill posting anything. They know better than to forget BEST MOMMA.  

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill is definitely plotting her move to Florida. If HUNK dies she is 100% will move and expect Nathan to support her for forever.

If HUNK dies, I'm sure Jill will head for Nurthan's place. She'll probably leave the kids behind to fend for themselves since she won't need them as grift props anymore. 

Nathan and Nurie went to Georgia as part of the Rods' Florida singing tour? How does Nathan justify taking so much time off work? Does Jill realize that if Nathan doesn't work, he can't continue to support her and the entire family?

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

But then it might appear they are making money and should be self supporting and the grifting game wouldn't be as effective

That's a good point. JillR must have to walk a fine line between "look at the print jobs my hardworking husband is doing" and "we're serving Jesus at great financial hardship to ourselves so please give us money if you love Jesus!" 

• Love 7