Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This photo just makes me laugh. Nurie and Nathan look like misplaced potted plants.    

For us old folks, this reminds me of the Laugh-In skits where Arte Johnson came up out of a bush in a German soldier uniform.

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Boston said:

that child is gonna have a hell-of-a-mouthful of big teeth

Oh God--not all at first,  I hope! Now I'm picturing a shiny-faced, weak-chinned newborn with a freaky-ass full set of chompers

• LOL 13
12 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder how Jilly really feels about Nurie being pregnant and not her?

SEVERELY jealous. I wonder if David hurt his leg as a result of a sex injury. 

I bet Nurie has to console MAMA because she isn’t pregnant. 

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill could still theoretically get pregnant while Nurie is. Remember, Kendra's mother is still pregnant (due in May, IIRC). But they overlapped for what, 5 months? Same could happen with Nurie and Jill. 

Let's hope it doesn't happen. 😁

That might be the best thing for Nurie, however.  Granny would be too busy with her own baby to bug Nurie quite as much. (Shudder)

• Love 10

I hope they really love and appreciate this baby,esp. considering it took several months to get pregnant.

And I hope they don't use the Pearl methods.I don't think the Kellers do? Idk.I know they got 15 min/week chats w their parents,and that's it.

I hope Mrs Proof in the Pudding Pearl doesn't call Nurie to make sure she's beating their kids w plumbing line,.

Nathan needs to put his foot down to Jill directly,not thru sermons,since Jill doesn't get it

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 4

If I'm thinking correctly, none of Ms. Kellar's grandchildren live locally to her. Nurthan's baby will be the first to be local. I think Mrs. Kellar will be thrilled with this prospect and be a loving grandmother to Nurthan's baby. This will annoy Glammie to no end.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

If I'm thinking correctly, none of Ms. Kellar's grandchildren live locally to her. Nurthan's baby will be the first to be local. I think Mrs. Kellar will be thrilled with this prospect and be a loving grandmother to Nurthan's baby. This will annoy Glammie to no end.

Yes,and I'm sure Jill will annoy them all with her endless trip grifts to fl

• Love 6
12 hours ago, ozziemom said:

For us old folks, this reminds me of the Laugh-In skits where Arte Johnson came up out of a bush in a German soldier uniform.

Or the original ending of "Little Shop of Horrors".

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

With this very early announcement, Nurie's pregnancy might be longer than Jinger's was with Felicity. I'm hoping we don't have a baby bump picture every month, but I'm sure we will. I hope it's a healthy pregnancy for her. I'm glad she's on her way doing what she was brought up to only know what she can do in life.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Is it wrong to collectively loathe every single one of these people?  I may be suffering from pandemic fatigue but I don't find this funny at all, since it's clear that none of them ever took it seriously, even when they got it themselves.

500000 dead people, a city the size of Atlanta or almost the entire population of Wyoming, have passed away from this terrible disease. It's disgusting but I can't say I'm surprised they are doing this at all considering the amount of fucks they have given about it so far. 

• Love 20

So the matching clothes continue. Didn’t Nathan always match his brother too? What’s going on with him lately? Can you imagine when Anna received this announcement, lol? And do we think JillR is a bit jealous that Ma Keller received flowers and a cake?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

500000 dead people, a city the size of Atlanta or almost the entire population of Wyoming, have passed away from this terrible disease. It's disgusting but I can't say I'm surprised they are doing this at all considering the amount of fucks they have given about it so far. 

Almost two and a half million worldwide. But I bet this garbage thinks it's a hoax or no big deal or they have some BS "medical reason" why they can't wear masks, just like the scum I got it from at work. 

Topic: I'd like to know what is really going through Jill's tiny little brain. Is she excited or mad? Looking forward to a grandchild or jealous that it isn't her pregnancy? 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 15
49 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

So the matching clothes continue. Didn’t Nathan always match his brother too? What’s going on with him lately? Can you imagine when Anna received this announcement, lol? And do we think JillR is a bit jealous that Ma Keller received flowers and a cake?

but Jill got to have that few days of "Guess what our big news is" and then a live thing for all her followers. Jill also probably got cake and flowers and hasn't posted that yet.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If she didn’t, there will be hell to pay.

That's difficult to think about - her kids are used to dealing with "Best Mama" and gifting her whenever they can to keep her reasonably happy.  Now they've got to pivot and adjust to a pre-menopausal woman who chugs Plexus in the hopes of getting knocked up herself, and is going to have the spotlight taken off of her and onto Nurie (unless Jill figures out a way to birth that baby herself).  I'm not sure any of them are equipped to deal with that level of crazy.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

I hope they really love and appreciate this baby,esp. considering it took several months to get pregnant.

And I hope they don't use the Pearl methods.I don't think the Kellers do? Idk.I know they got 15 min/week chats w their parents,and that's it.

I hope Mrs Proof in the Pudding Pearl doesn't call Nurie to make sure she's beating their kids w plumbing line,.

Nathan needs to put his foot down to Jill directly,not thru sermons,since Jill doesn't get it

Considering Nurie and Kaylee(?) appeared to actually move in with the Pearls for a time, I won't be holding my breath for those methods to be cast aside by Nurie. 🙁 I'm not sure when it was or how long they were with the Pearls, but it was probably a couple of years ago and there were posts from Jill with pictures of Nurie and Kaylee(I think it was her, anyway), with them and Jill talking about how her daughters would be staying with the Pearls and helping them out in some way. 😨 It was horrifying.  So Jill's bunch, at least, seems quite entrenched and perhaps brainwashed into that mindset. I guess it depends on Nathan and the Kellers' thoughts on that as to whether Nurie and Nathan are likely to use those methods...but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Kellers are fine with it. If they aren't, I hope most of the "pouring" of their godly wisdom into the Rodriguii, or whatever Jill claimed they did on the recent visit, was spent preaching on the evils of beating children with plumbing line and keeping them confined to a blanket...but somehow I doubt that.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Why would either grandma-to-be receive flowers and a cake?  Is that typical nowadays?  I am childless (and thus worthless in Fundieland), so I'm not up on all the current customs.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That background looks like something from the 70s. 

It think it is from the 70's given the flat cardboard backdrop with the seam in the middle and what looks like bubbles in the paper. This all has to have been Oh Joy! Jill's idea. 

1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

but Jill got to have that few days of "Guess what our big news is" and then a live thing for all her followers. Jill also probably got cake and flowers and hasn't posted that yet.

Jill probably grabbed the pee stick out of Nurie's hand and knew before Nurie did. 

I didn't see Jill's live show. Are the Rods back home, or are they still touring and singing for an addition to the barndo?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

2C0E4649-D249-4E0C-AA68-0F115DA91B56.jpeg

July? I'll bet she makes them move into Nathan and Nurie's driveway until the baby comes.

Jill probably found out FIRST,  plus she probably also got flowers and cake . (Just my opinion).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

I think

Jill got a bigger cake and more flowers than Ma Keller 

If she had, she’d have posted them, IMO. She’s never been one not to brag about any type of tribute she gets (or extorts) from her offspring.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

If she had, she’d have posted them, IMO. She’s never been one not to brag about any type of tribute she gets (or extorts) from her offspring.

since her most recent posts were things that happened last week, give her time. She likes to pace the pics and fudge the timelines. There will be the flowers and cake. maybe even a family dinner at Golden Corral for the announcement to Jill.😂

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

since her most recent posts were things that happened last week, give her time. She likes to pace the pics and fudge the timelines. There will be the flowers and cake. maybe even a family dinner at Golden Corral for the announcement to Jill.😂

She hasn’t shown us how Nurthan told them the big news so perhaps that will be a VSE on the JillR SM. I’m guessing she had an idea that Nurie was pregnant almost before Nurie. She is the BEST mother after all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

With Nathan paying. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I hope it was the GOOD Golden Corral...

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

So the Bontragers are advertising for the Man Camp and Young Women's Retreat. They will both be held in May and are enrichment opportunties

Man Camp sounds like more of a joke than usual.

"On May 13-16th Denver would love if you joined him and his amazing team of staff for a weekend in May in which you will be prepared for life, adversity and manhood. You will be stretched outside of  your comfort zone physically, mentally, and spiritually. You will discover what it means to truly be a mighty man of God in your discipline, character, passions, pursuits, and conversations. There will be convicting sessions, stretching activities, outstanding "man food" and fellowship with other men! Sign up soon and mightymencamp.org to receive the early bird discount!"  

Both of these camps are fundie-networking events to meet other people with similar beliefs. The Bontragers may met have the Helferichs through these camps. Lauren Caldwell went to women's one once.

Edited by Temperance
  • LOL 9