Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

He hasn't so far (at least it seems so) so I'm not sure if he will start now. 

He’s sticking to veiled references to encouraging her to back off via his sermons!  She hasn’t gotten the message though. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

He’s sticking to veiled references to encouraging her to back off via his sermons!  She hasn’t gotten the message though. 

To the contrary, she was all AMEN! when Nathan gave his sermon about worshipping oneself on social media. She TOTALLY missed the point.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9

Given that Ma & Pa Keller already have 2-3 dozen grandchildren, their enthusiasm for the next one may not be that high. Nurthan may appreciate having someone who is as enthusiastic about this baby as they are.

• Love 6

I knew I was pregnant at 4 weeks and 3 days.I was 3 days late and decided to take a test on a whim,and the line turned blue immediately.I'm surprised it took Nurie that long to be sure,unless she waited for a Dr's confirmation.I would've thought,that as a fundie,she would've had a supply of tests on hand

• Love 5
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

To the contrary, she was all AMEN! when Nathan gave his sermon about worshipping oneself on social media. She TOTALLY missed the point.

Jill would miss the point if it were a wrecking ball.

If Nathan had any potential to grow a set, the Rods wouldn't have made so many trips to Floriduh already (and vice versa). Jill has practically climbed into the marital bed with Nathan and Nurie. 

Super snark -- I hope for its sake that the baby looks like neither parent nor any grandparent. Let's hope there are some deeply recessed genes in the family tree. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

If Nathan had any potential to grow a set, the Rods wouldn't have made so many trips to Floriduh already (and vice versa). Jill has practically climbed into the marital bed with Nathan and Nurie. 

Unfortunately, I suspect you're right. I think Nathan may find Jill very annoying and may very well dance the same freedom dance my dad did whenever his in-laws left (LOL I mean, I danced with him, so not gonna judge), but I'm not sure it's really in him to stand up to her. One of the things about toxic people like Jill is they do a lot of boundary testing to ensure you will take their shit and pretty quickly eliminate someone who won't. Nurie and Nathan's courtship, engagement, and marriage have been one marathon escapade of Jill testing boundaries and ultimately still getting to run over them. I think Jill would have shut down the relationship pretty quickly if Nathan had been more independent or pushed back. As it is, I suspect he is probably a people pleaser or considers Jill an elder he must be deferential too. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 19

Granny JRod. Jill will be going on and on about how young of a grandma she is. She did a post last week on how Plexus keeps you looking young. She used herself for an example of course. Jill's going to struggle a bit if anyone asks if the new baby is hers. On one hand she'll take it as a compliment and on the other it will emphasize she has not been able to conceive. 

It seems as if Nurie actually waited until she missed a period before peeing on a stick. The Duggars could learn from her.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think JillRod was miffed because the Nurthan Nuptuals diverted attention away from her, so she will make damn sure this baby is all about her!

Oh she was pretty much the center of attention at the nuptials. She was the matron of honor after all! She let them have what she couldn't but in on, but that, too, was mostly about her.

This is so early to announce. I hope everything goes well and the pregnancy is ok.

But before hearing a heartbeat and 10-12 weeks, it could go either way. Not wishing them bad, it's just reality.

Who else had it like that - Lauren with Asa and Jinger, and Jessa says so. Anna too?

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Unfortunately, I suspect you're right. I think Nathan may find Jill very annoying and may very well dance the same freedom dance my dad did whenever his in-laws left (LOL I mean, I danced with him, so not gonna judge), but I'm not sure it's really in him to stand up to her. One of the things about toxic people like Jill is they do a lot of boundary testing to ensure you will take their shit and pretty quickly eliminate someone who won't. Nurie and Nathan's courtship, engagement, and marriage have been one marathon escapade of Jill testing boundaries and ultimately still getting to run over them. I think Jill would have shut down the relationship pretty quickly if Nathan had been more independent or pushed back. As it is, I suspect he is probably a people pleaser or considers Jill an elder he must be deferential too. 

He must indeed be a huge people pleaser to have allowed himself to be photographed sitting in a hydrangea bush grinning like a fool.

Edited by louannems
  • LOL 5
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

He must indeed be a huge people pleaser to have allowed himself to be photographed sitting in a hydrangea bush grinning like a fool!

I don't remember that specific photo, but if it was taken before the wedding?  He was probably so happy that he'd soon be having Teh Sex at last, that he would put up with anything He may not have even paid much attention, just followed JillR's directions and smiled for the camera. 😉

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder how Jilly really feels about Nurie being pregnant and not her?

It's better not to know...Though I am sure she'll tell us through her actions, if not her words.  I feel sorry for the kids at home 😞

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

I don't remember that specific photo, but if it was taken before the wedding?  He was probably so happy that he'd soon be having Teh Sex at last, that he would put up with anything He may not have even paid much attention, just followed JillR's directions and smiled for the camera. 😉

N/m!

Edited by louannems

In other news the Bates family had their "I Love You Day" celebration.  This year the theme was either "dress like an animal" or "The Lion King".  Some of them (Josie, Carlin) went all out, while others (Michaela) appeared to do nothing.  One of the boys wore a leopard print suit.  Alyssa was not there.  I saw this on Josie and Carlin's Instagram pages.  Maybe not everyone was dressed in costume when she took the photos, but it was kinda meh.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Even worse, she won’t be the center of attention anymore. That’s walking death in Jillandia.

Don't underestimate her. Jill is a master of making herself the center of everything. Even for a narcissist, she's an expert. 

"Jillandia" is a perfect description. It's hell for those who have to live there. 

• Love 6

I think JillR would love to be known as Glammie - you know, because of her glamorous style! But perhaps she would like "Glammie P" even better, so that Plexus gets its due. 

Also, I hate to break it to Jill, but Nathan's Mom will be the Grandma in residence and from what I've seen, her grandkids all adore her, so watch out, Jill!

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I wonder how Jilly really feels about Nurie being pregnant and not her?

Jill is probably having a prayer marathon, begging God to open that old, worn out womb. 🙄

Edited by farmgal4
Added words
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Nysha said:

Given that Ma & Pa Keller already have 2-3 dozen grandchildren, their enthusiasm for the next one may not be that high. Nurthan may appreciate having someone who is as enthusiastic about this baby as they are.

Nurthan needs to be careful what they wish for, though: they might end up with "Glammy P: The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, Part Deux."

And I hope Nathan will do a modicum of research and get Nurie to stop chugging Plexus while pregnant or after, for that matter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Nysha said:

Nurthan may appreciate having someone who is as enthusiastic about this baby as they are.

Jill won’t give a rusty damn about the baby except as SM fodder and a way to get more attention. The second that baby cries, grabs her thinning hair, requires a diaper change or messes her makeup, back to Nurthan he’ll go.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jill won’t give a rusty damn about the baby except as SM fodder and a way to get more attention. The second that baby cries, grabs her thinning hair, requires a diaper change or messes her makeup, back to Nurthan he’ll go.

on a "southern tour" to spread the gospel. Jill says to grandchild "come spend the night with Plexi in our RV, we have this nice cage you can sleep in"

22 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Jill's name is now Grammy Grifter 🤑

Perfect!! 👍🏻

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I think she looks better now. 

She not only looks prettier, but she looks younger now too!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:
3 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

Where did you see this?

I believe the dad's IG. There was a lot of negative feedback, not surprisingly.

It was presumably a joke.  How can you tell? Because they didn't tag the dental clinic providing the service in exchange for the advertising. 

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill is probably having a prayer marathon, begging God to open that old, worn out vagina 🙄

I totally see Jill talking Nuri into giving her baby Maxus to raise as her own grandson/son lol

7 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Edited by iwantcookies
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

In other news the Bates family had their "I Love You Day" celebration.  This year the theme was either "dress like an animal" or "The Lion King".  Some of them (Josie, Carlin) went all out, while others (Michaela) appeared to do nothing.  One of the boys wore a leopard print suit.  Alyssa was not there.  I saw this on Josie and Carlin's Instagram pages.  Maybe not everyone was dressed in costume when she took the photos, but it was kinda meh.

I wonder if Michaela is tired of the nonsense,seeing as she was raised and groomed to be a mom,and now she can't be.I do feel bad for her,in that respect.I wish she could have at least 1 or 2 

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Quof said:
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:
4 hours ago, Lukeysboat said:

Where did you see this?

I believe the dad's IG. There was a lot of negative feedback, not surprisingly.

It was presumably a joke.  How can you tell? Because they didn't tag the dental clinic providing the service in exchange for the advertising. 

I don't think it was a joke. There's a picture of her in the dentist chair with a light pen in her mouth. I wonder if their teeth were grey because of preemie issues or prolonged meds?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I think JillR would love to be known as Glammie - you know, because of her glamorous style! But perhaps she would like "Glammie P" even better, so that Plexus gets its due. 

Also, I hate to break it to Jill, but Nathan's Mom will be the Grandma in residence and from what I've seen, her grandkids all adore her, so watch out, Jill!

Oh good lord.  One of my best friends who I adore has her grandchildren call her "Glammy".  She is a wonderful person, wonderful grandmother, but Glammy?  Just no.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F3F94885-3D8C-4793-A815-3E2440269A59.jpeg

Nurie does look better.. however that child is gonna have a hell-of-a-mouthful of big teeth

Edited by Boston
forgot a word- Nurie looks better NOW
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I wonder if Michaela is tired of the nonsense,seeing as she was raised and groomed to be a mom,and now she can't be.I do feel bad for her,in that respect.I wish she could have at least 1 or 2 

I'm sure someday Michaela will have a baby to blanket train. 

I’m happy that Nurthan waited for a baby.  They needed this time to get to know each other and to bond as a couple.  

I’m just hoping beyond hope that they blaze their own path with this child and not follow the Pearls with their sick child rearing “methods”.  And that Nathan puts his foot down about grandparent intervention with this pregnancy.   Nurie needs healthy food and no stress, not three Plexi a day and gramma flying in to cause a ruckus. 

• Love 15