Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I could cheerfully live out the rest of my days without ever again hearing “gender reveal” in any context. One of the many reasons I adore my nephew is that he and his wife not only refused to have that party, they deliberately didn’t learn the babies were boys until delivery. Impressed me no end, especially as all their friends were trend-slaves on this issue.

• Love 21
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I like the middle name, Sloane, better than I like Hazel. 

Both of those names are trendy and I'm not sure why.

Hazel is traditional, but also was the heroine of The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene (also a movie). Sloane isn't my style. 

That being said Hazel Sloane Balka is a fine name and will probably age well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Both of those names are trendy and I'm not sure why.

Hazel is traditional, but also was the heroine of The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene (also a movie). Sloane isn't my style. 

That being said Hazel Sloane Balka is a fine name and will probably age well. 

Sloane Stephens is a US women's tennis player but I can't imagine them knowing that 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

I could cheerfully live out the rest of my days without ever again hearing “gender reveal” in any context. One of the many reasons I adore my nephew is that he and his wife not only refused to have that party, they deliberately didn’t learn the babies were boys until delivery. Impressed me no end, especially as all their friends were trend-slaves on this issue.

In the news recently there was yet another incident where a gender reveal party guest was killed by a stunt with a cannon. This madness has got to stop!

• Love 8

How SEVERELY fortunate the HUNK didn’t fall into the WATER. Imagine his SEVERELY malnourished sons trying to fish the HUNK outta the ocean. CHUBBY hubby would have drowned and poor Nathan would be stuck supporting Jill forever...

Oh wait Nathan is already spending all his money on his in laws.

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

How SEVERELY fortunate the HUNK didn’t fall into the WATER. Imagine his SEVERELY malnourished sons trying to fish the HUNK outta the ocean. CHUBBY hubby would have drowned and poor Nathan would be stuck supporting Jill forever..

LOL!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

314A0DEA-3B1A-4C81-8E12-9300BA2E3328.jpeg

like they know a damn thing about chess - a toddler in one shot, kid in a life jacket and goggles masks and a snorkel in pics. the rich guy that took them fishing must have the chess set in his yard or something

• Love 9
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

like they know a damn thing about chess - a toddler in one shot, kid in a life jacket and goggles masks and a snorkel in pics. the rich guy that took them fishing must have the chess set in his yard or something

Well, would anyone believe Jill would settle for a just a boat ride for the guys? Dinner at Pastor Vinny's lovely home is more Grifter Jill's style. Maybe she even hinted for an overnight stay. Last year, however, everyone was hustled off to church right after dinner, so Pastor Vinny and his wife may have their limits. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

314A0DEA-3B1A-4C81-8E12-9300BA2E3328.jpeg

There is no way on God's green earth that either one of those kids knows the first thing about playing chess, which is kind of obvious since all the pieces are set for the game to start.  The toddler is more likely to know how to open the game than either of them.

I am also being defrauded by the sight of preteen male knees.  Why do the girls have to swim in full length skirts if the boys are allowed to wear shorts?  And, of course, if the boys are allowed to swim dressed like that, why not just buy them board shorts and rash guards which are meant to be used as swimwear?  So many questions, so much stupidity.

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

There is no way on God's green earth that either one of those kids knows the first thing about playing chess, which is kind of obvious since all the pieces are set for the game to start.  The toddler is more likely to know how to open the game than either of them.

I am also being defrauded by the sight of preteen male knees.  Why do the girls have to swim in full length skirts if the boys are allowed to wear shorts?  And, of course, if the boys are allowed to swim dressed like that, why not just buy them board shorts and rash guards which are meant to be used as swimwear?  So many questions, so much stupidity.

Then Jill would have to buy them more clothes,which ain't gonna happen

• Love 1

Jill has pics and videos of all of the girls and herself, of course, on the beach at sunset.  A couple of the pics were taken on someone’s balcony.  In one of the balcony pictures, you can see Kaylee’s feet in a pair of joggers and I swear, her shoes look to be the same size as some of the little girls.  Does weight loss cause your feet to shrink in size too? (I’m only halfway joking.) Nurie looks so pretty.  I’ll bet she’s counting down the hours until the Rods leave for Ohio, so she can get her life back to normal.

• Useful 1

Tori Bates is right on par with Joe and Kendra. She'll have 3 under 3 this June. Tori doesn't post much, but of all the Bates daughters she came off as one of the most entitled and clueless. I wonder how she is managing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Jrod takes a break from being persecuted to post this. Obvious;y Renee and Philly did not just start this program. 2 different locations for the pics Nathan in the background of one and a stairway is shown, so not the barndo or the RV. and Philly's workbook/tablet seems near the end

Screenshot (21).png

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Who are the Busbys?

54 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I think they are the ones on "Outdaughtered" but they aren't fundie

Yes, a family of 6 girls, one singleton and a set of quints, on the TLC show Outdaughtered. Not Fundy, but the mom does make quite a few Christian references.

I think the oldest is 9 or 10 and the quints are 5 or 6. All much too young to have their teeth whitened.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jrod takes a break from being persecuted to post this. Obvious;y Renee and Philly did not just start this program. 2 different locations for the pics Nathan in the background of one and a stairway is shown, so not the barndo or the RV. and Philly's workbook/tablet seems near the end

Screenshot (21).png

Renee looks 45. Like a wrinkled prune housewife who birthed 15 kids. She looks as old as her momsy.

6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Her choices were: 

Timbits, Renee, or Kaylee courting. 

Nurthan expecting.

Jill #14.

4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Good lord, she is such a narcissist! Who even cares? And it seems kind of mean to list out possible scenarios for certain kids and then only have one of them be true.

Maybe they're all true?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
29 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Nope. Not after Jill posted about her oh so successful homeschooling earlier today. 🙄

It’s like JillR reads here and then posts something to show YES the kids are doing school even on the road. She also posted on Facebook about her own schooling. Did you know she was on the honor roll? 😳

• LOL 10
9 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

It’s like JillR reads here and then posts something to show YES the kids are doing school even on the road. She also posted on Facebook about her own schooling. Did you know she was on the honor roll? 😳

She was on the honor roll at beauty school! I've seen some newspaper clippings regarding her family, and one of them mentioned that she'd won some awards. No wonder she thinks she's God's gift to hairdressing. 🙄

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Renee looks 45. Like a wrinkled prune housewife who birthed 15 kids. She looks as old as her momsy.

And yet she looks better than she used to. Her smile is much less of a grimace now.

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2804274263144242&id=100006850878192

Here's a link, I can never get my screenshots to post correctly on my phone.

I think the announcement will be tied to the Florida trip so either Nurie is pregnant or Kaylee/Renee is in a courtship with Nathan’s brother.

Now that I am thinking about it, did we even see him (the brother) in the photos?

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

My vote is that Nurthan is preggo. 

Dear God I hope Jill is not pregnant with #14.

Unlikely to be Renee courting, as she just posted about Renee working on Bible studies. I think of the courting choices, the most likely is Kaylee as things have been pretty quiet in terms of talking about her. Besides, I can see Kaylee courting before Tim.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 5