Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Latest idiocy from Carlin and Evan:  She went to get her hair done.  She went quite blonde and got about 5 inches chopped off.  Her sisters all wanted to see Evan's reaction so of course she filmed him coming home.  As he opens the door the puppy runs outside.  Carlin starts yammering at him and while he does ask if he should get the puppy, she doesn't answer and seems more concerned about him noticing her hair. This goes on for a good 30 seconds and no sign of him going to get the puppy. (which, btw, still evidently has no name.)  

This was on her Instagram stories, and is no longer up.  Maybe he did go get the puppy and the video was edited, but it sure didn't look like it. 

Those two have no business owning a dog.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

which would mean the singing/grifting tours with our 13 starving waifs would end. they are already minus Timothy and Nurie most of the time. the not Nuries are on the market for the next best son in law after NATHAN KELLER. Philliy and Sammers will be legal adults in the next 2 yrs.

Will the grifting train be as effective with only 7 sickly looking children and the we need "living space" for our giant family?

Jill is as dumb as a rock about most things, but she has grifting smarts. She knows she better get the house addition money now while there is  still a pack of kids at home. In fact, she may keep the older kids from leaving until this big grift and any others (new RV, new car, new sewer, new heating system, etc.) are complete. Time is running short, and no Jill pregnancy is on the horizon (thank God). Kids nearing puberty, and a shrinking gospel group do not spell success for Jill and David's current financial structure. Maybe they'll have no choice but to move on to working sons and sons-in-law as new revenue streams. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe they'll have no choice but to move on to working sons and sons-in-law as new revenue streams. 

They already have...look at poor Nathan. That’s the most expensive sex he could have ever had. It’s nice that he seems to genuinely love Nurie but at some point, throwing all his hard-earned money at feeding her family is going to get old.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15

i do think Jill has failed at her greatest desired grift. for Timothy to be a pilot and somehow grift a plane to fly around for grifting and ditch the RV.

she totally wanted to be like the duggars and bates on that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

They already have...look at poor Nathan. That’s the most expensive sex he could have ever had. It’s nice that he seems to genuinely love Nurie but at some point, throwing all his hard-earned money at feeding her family is going to get old.

As new Nathans come on board, current Nathan may get some relief. Of course, Jill has to vet potential husbands carefully to make sure they will follow the plan. Fortunately, she knows a good mark when she sees one. The Rod sons are a bigger problem. Lack of education is going to limit their employment choices. It's hard to say how it will work out as there are only so many gutters to clean in their area. 

Jill is in a tough spot. She doesn't want to let go of her role as Best Momma of a giant family since this strokes her ego. However, her worldly tastes will necessitate living off the kids, so she has to let them go. 

11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i do think Jill has failed at her greatest desired grift. for Timothy to be a pilot and somehow grift a plane to fly around for grifting and ditch the RV.

she totally wanted to be like the duggars and bates on that.

I think she also wanted a TV show that would have allowed her to feel important and rich. That never happened, and now it's too late.

Her best bet would have been to kiss a bunch of frogs to look for a prince before settling for a big toad who sits on a lily pad all day opening his mouth to catch flies. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2B236524-10B2-465E-8D62-8048BFE5C925.jpeg

20134593-84FA-4C26-BFCE-1D1E22C34371.jpeg

Someone on Reddit said Tessie looks like a mother during the Great Depression. Both girls look so very gaunt and zoned out. I hope all the kids got fed by the Kellers while their parents enjoyed Coconut Jack’s...in a pandemic.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Isn’t he supposed to assume that heart failure is God’s plan for him and just wait for heaven?

A million in donations. Every time I try convince myself that the human species isn’t entirely stupid something like this comes along.

Even if they didn't want to spend it on infidel scum, think of how many fundie families are doing without (despite "gawd will provide") who could really, really use some of that grift money just to feed their kids and keep them warm. 

Something tells me that if Voddie Baucham survives his million-dollar heart treatment, he won't come out in favor of an exercise program and plant-based diet, nor will he acknowledge the education and training that allowed his medical team to care for him. He'll give all the credit to gawd and keep asking for donations. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2B236524-10B2-465E-8D62-8048BFE5C925.jpeg

20134593-84FA-4C26-BFCE-1D1E22C34371.jpeg

Boy, this sure looks like a great time. 🙄 Jill's caption is so simpering/ego stroking toward "Mom" and "Dad" I assume she's laying as much groundwork for future grifts/meals from them as possible. If I never experience my life being "poured" into like this I will be one grateful heathen.

Deep spiritual direction aside...since Covid, seeing people crammed together in small spaces like this just gives me anxiety and secondhand claustrophobia.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, thehorseofpower said:

Boy, this sure looks like a great time. 🙄 Jill's caption is so simpering/ego stroking toward "Mom" and "Dad" I assume she's laying as much groundwork for future grifts/meals from them as possible. If I never experience my life being "poured" into like this I will be one grateful heathen.

Me,too.It all seems pretty boring,not to mention,overcrowded

• Love 6
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

I swear Carlin reads here. After yesterday’s puppy debacle, today’s Instagram story has lots of footage of Evan with the puppy on a leash outside, and a vote on two names: Izzy and Rue.  

I was afraid that poor dog was going to run out in the st and get hit by a car,the way Carlin was going on about her hair,and they didn't get him back in right away

• Love 3

Did Timmer just start shouting in the middle of the empty road and frighten his poor dog? I like nature as much as anyone, but I didn't see anything in those bleak photos to trigger an orgasmic release of that magnitude. 

He's used up his current allotment of exclamation points. Good thing Jill won't let him post again for another couple of months. 

I'd really like to know how he's keeping busy these days. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Did Timmer just start shouting in the middle of the empty road and frighten his poor dog? I like nature as much as anyone, but I didn't see anything in those bleak photos to trigger an orgasmic release of that magnitude. 

He's used up his current allotment of exclamation points. Good thing Jill won't let him post again for another couple of months. 

I'd really like to know how he's keeping busy these days. 

I wonder if Tim's various bursts of singing and exclaiming may come from the fact that his mother has put him (and the rest) into a permanent nailed-down, isolating, suffocating existential hell in which they get no open windows, fresh air or agency.....and they're pushed to declare themselves unforgivable sinners based on just existing and to really do nothing else except perform like puppets on strings for their hideous mother.

Seriously, they're in a religion of enslaved people, and one of the apparent functions of religions is situations like that is to give people an outlet -- a place where it's not just acceptable but a positive good to burst out with yourself. Where you get to shout and sing about your connection to the whole wide world and the powerful god of that whole world -- to express joy that you aren't otherwise allowed to feel and to actually link yourself up with not just beauty but great power when you yourself may be entirely deprived of power in the situation you're in. 

I find pretty much everything the Rod kids express or do absolutely heartbreaking. But Tim's periodic singing and proclaiming may be the most heartbreaking of all. I don't think he's simulating fervor in the least. I think when he does what may seem to be crazy or even fake singing and shouting he's actually linking up with the beauty and power he does truly find in those hymns and scriptures they've made him parrot so often. Only when he bursts out with them on his own he's not parroting, he's feeling the beauty and power of the songs as an expression of the life in him that he's otherwise forced to squelch and deny. It's an outlet in a true sense, the way it's always been in slave religions. .....

I'm dead serious about this. These kids may seem to be jokes, but they're not jokes. They're human beings who've been greatly wronged on a daily basis -- and because that's been done by their parents they're also largely in ignorance and denial of the fact -- and so they occasionally break out and try to be themselves and feel themselves and their own powers using the only tools they know that encourage and enable that.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Dude, I'd be shouting for joy, too -- the Rods are out of town and Tim finally has a teeeeeeeeeeny tiny scrap of freedom!

• LOL 6
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Dude, I'd be shouting for joy, too -- the Rods are out of town and Tim finally has a teeeeeeeeeeny tiny scrap of freedom!

I’ll bet Jill has one or two “sweet friends” who are deputized to drop in on Tim unexpectedly and tattle to her if he’s caught doing anything “wrong”.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Nathan just gave a sermon about about selfie obsessed people and social media. His mother in law of course recorded and posted it. There’s a look of total shock on Nurie’s face while he’s talking.

LOL.Tell it like it is

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Nathan just gave a sermon about selfie obsessed people and social media. His mother in law of course recorded and posted it. There’s a look of total shock on Nurie’s face while he’s talking.

Where can I find the sermon?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Either Nathan is totally oblivious or he’s impressively devious and about to drop an anvil on his greedy MIL. For Nurie’s sake, I hope it’s the latter.

Unfortunately I think he’s oblivious. Most fundies look down on everyone not like them and he may not really know the full extent of what JillR is posting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Even if she got the jab, Jill the Grifter is not about to alienate Nathan, Nurie, or "Dad" and "Mom" Keller since trips to Florida would become a lot more expensive if not impossible. She would also lose her tenuous connection to the Duggar family, the closest to TV fame she'll ever get. 

Are the Rods back in northern Florida already?

• Love 11

Well JillR never sees herself as doing anything wrong so as usual, she thinks Nathan is talking about everyone else. She only posts godly messages to save us and to point out how SEVERELY ebil we all are. You can hear her cackling as she films. Ugh she is just awful.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I think she’s also the one sitting there going, “Yaaass, mm-hmm.” The irony. Who knew Nate Dog had it in him lol.

Yes, that was her agreeing with what Nathan was saying.  She really is a stupid bitch, isn’t she?  I think that she truly believes that she has no faults.  She appears to think that she’s right up there with Jesus.  I’d love to see someone knock her off of the pedestal that she’s put herself on.

• Love 17
36 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

My thoughts exactly when I read the post. So the guy invites them on his boat, HE gets it ready and HE cleaned it after. Useless, crappy guests.

This same man invited them on his boat last winter too.  Jill had the audacity to photograph several pictures, indoors or outdoors, of his beautiful Florida home.  And of course she posted them on SM, along with her selfie.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Was she on the boat or was it just for the guys? Ooops, forgive me. If she'd been on the boat she would have been front and center of every picture. 

Yep,Jill would've had her ugly mug in them.I bet they were all happy to get a break from her

• Love 2
On 2/16/2021 at 6:32 PM, ginger90 said:

F24E80CD-06C5-4128-92EE-3F301EA79C69.jpeg

Maybe I've just watched too many horror movies, but this looks like the final scene of some sort of cult movie (not "cult classic"- a movie about cults) where the young virgins, at the guidance of their male leader, all dress in their white dresses, their hair in lovely loose braids or curls, and walk hand-in-hand into the ocean, all while singing a hymn to the Almighty before meeting their demise.  This family are just all kinds of disturbing that I've had more than one bad dream about them. 

• Love 20

Allison Bontrager Helferich is pregnant! She posted the news on Instagram:

Baby Helferich coming late spring!!! We’re excited + grateful for this gift from the Lord.❤️

She and her husband Jeremiah married last August.  baby is probably due early June and late May. Allison is currently 26 and she'll be 27 in May. She looks really skinny so it's hard to tell she's pregnant and halfway through a pregnancy. 

Her parents, Marlin and Becky Bontrager have 8 grandchildren and this one will be number 9. Her brother Denver and her sister-in-law Praise Helferich are getting married in March. 

• Useful 3