Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, sondraK said:

Thx. I've been hearing things about the Covid vaccine affecting female fertility,but I think it's all just scare tactics from fundies and their like minded ppl

Not the vaccine, but COVID itself.

Yes, COVID-19 Can Cause Erectile Dysfunction in Men

Research suggests negative effects on sexual health due to coronavirus

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/yes-covid-19-can-cause-erectile-dysfunction-in-men/

Covid-19 Compromises Sperm Count And Quality In Recovering Patients

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriaforster/2020/11/15/covid-19-compromises-sperm-count-and-quality-in-recovering-patients/?sh=77d6252060a1

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1

Since the Rodriguez family is well known and these people climbing the walls were photographed doing it, the Castillo should track them down and fine them for trespassing/destroying a national monument, whatever else they can put on them. These are not 2 year olds. Those boys are old enough to know better. If they are minors, their parents should be fined/jailed for this. I have been to that fort a few times and this would never have entered my mind to attempt to do. Disrespectful ....morons IMO. Their behavior, all of them, is appalling.

• Love 24

Jill was filming and actually cheering them on - yelling "good job" Jill has removed the FB post

i reported their names, home address and the address I believe the are currently at - the kellers  it would not be hard to track them down at all

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

And if those kids are like, 5-6 years old. There is no excuse for the teenager to climb that wall. Period

My thoughts exactly.  Did they just think it would make for a cool picture?  I just don't get it. 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

One comment gave Nathan’s location in a picture, and the name of his business. I can’t remember if it was on Jill’s Facebook, or the Fort’s. I feel bad for him, not the rest.

It was on the Fort's FB page, under a photo of a bunch of the Rods + Nathan, standing on top of a wall at the Fort - which is also illegal.

I don't feel sorry for him. He was illegally trespassing at a national monument, and got called out for it. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

And if those kids are like, 5-6 years old. There is no excuse for the teenager to climb that wall. Period

I am triggered by seeing all those St. Augustine pictures - my husband, my daughter and I went there in early March of 2020, right before the country shut down.  I hate that they are dragging their cooties all over that beautiful city.  They are literally standing in several of the exact places we were.  It makes me twitchy.

Too bad Jill didn't tell her boys to climb the walls of the alligator enclosure at the Alligator Farm instead of the beautiful, historical Castillo San de Marcos.  Freaking idiots.

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

It was on the Fort's FB page, under a photo of a bunch of the Rods + Nathan, standing on top of a wall at the Fort - which is also illegal.

I don't feel sorry for him. He was illegally trespassing at a national monument, and got called out for it. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

True enough.

I don’t know about including the name of his business though. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Not the vaccine, but COVID itself.

Yes, COVID-19 Can Cause Erectile Dysfunction in Men

Research suggests negative effects on sexual health due to coronavirus

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/yes-covid-19-can-cause-erectile-dysfunction-in-men/

Covid-19 Compromises Sperm Count And Quality In Recovering Patients

https://www.forbes.com/sites/victoriaforster/2020/11/15/covid-19-compromises-sperm-count-and-quality-in-recovering-patients/?sh=77d6252060a1

Thanks, and it seems it was my own employer who posted an article about it.  Shows how much I know.

As for the Rods, isn't that fort the oldest masonry structure in the US?  At least, I think that's what I remember from my visit there a few years back.  They're lucky they didn't break huge chunks out of the wall.  Of course, Jill might not have filmed that.  From what I can tell, it is Phillip, Samuel and Gabriel climbing the wall.  They are 17, 16 and 14 years old!  There are signs as you enter the monument that it is old and fragile and it is illegal to climb or otherwise deface the property.  Big signs.  I realize they are barely literate because their semi-literate mother taught them to read; but there is no excuse for any of them to climb on that wall. They should have read the signs and realized that it meant them, too.

The national parks website actually has photos of trash people have stuffed into the cracks with a reminder that this is illegal.  Surely, if you cannot put your gum wrapper into the mortar, your big, idiotic feet don't belong there either.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Thanks, and it seems it was my own employer who posted an article about it.  Shows how much I know.

Everything is changing so fast, and on a daily basis.  I think at some point we have to disconnect our brains a little bit to information overload to keep from losing our minds - or maybe that's just me. 🙂

But one thing I do know is that JillR dragging her ginormous family around on vacation with nary a mask in sight enrages me on a level I didn't even knew I had.  I wonder if Nathan also paid for their entrance to the climbing wall historical monument?

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Everything is changing so fast, and on a daily basis.  I think at some point we have to disconnect our brains a little bit to information overload to keep from losing our minds - or maybe that's just me. 🙂

But one thing I do know is that JillR dragging her ginormous family around on vacation with nary a mask in sight enrages me on a level I didn't even knew I had.  I wonder if Nathan also paid for their entrance to the climbing wall historical monument?

Oh, I don't wonder at all, I am SURE that Jill and Chubby didn't pay.  They probably lied about the ages of the kids to get a cheaper admission fee; but I am sure it didn't come out of their pockets.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Oh, I don't wonder at all, I am SURE that Jill and Chubby didn't pay.  They probably lied about the ages of the kids to get a cheaper admission fee; but I am sure it didn't come out of their pockets.

I'm also sure they didn't pay for their dinner out with the Kellers.  Hence Jill's JOY!

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I just visited the official FB page of the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument. As @EVS noted, the comments on their post call out Jill R by name. In the comments, some of the snarkers are "fellowshipping" which I am finding enjoyable because I'm not better than that. Heh. And of course JillR can't delete those because it's not her FB page and apparently she's not bold enough to post anything in her defense. Yet.

There are now more comments than there were when I took this screenshot. 

1243470664_ScreenShot2021-02-10at4_50_31PM.png.00ee862d5758c5f87769603fd71bcc05.png

Jill and Shrek are getting raked over the coals in the comments, and I’m finding out things about Jill that I never knew.  For instance, I didn’t know that Jill’s sister had a leg amputated, and Jill had a memorial service for the leg. 😳 WTH?!?! 

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, skipnjump said:

My thoughts exactly.  Did they just think it would make for a cool picture?  I just don't get it. 

Yes, that's what they thought.

My comment about "kids will be kids" meaning only the right kind of kids -- do you think the Rods would be all peachy keen with kids defiling a historic site if those kids were Black, Muslim, LGBTQ+, or otherwise unlike the Rods themselves? 

Edited by Heathen
Clarity
  • Love 10

Mike and Suzette are Jill's "dearest friends on earth" because they pay for meals out. The lunch check appears to be next to Mike. Nathan no doubt paid for the admissions. The grand grift is in full swing.

Aren't the Rods supposed to be touring churches singing for love offerings instead of defacing monuments, breaking laws, spreading disease, and being generally obnoxious? 

Tim's either aged out of the vacations, or he still has his job at the care center. I hope he was able to keep his job after getting a stern lecture from the management about HIPPA violations and using work time and space to record sermons. His poor dog needs to be fed and cared for and his human siblings thrown some food once in a while.   

Wonder what the theme for Jill's retreat is this year? She could feature her mother or her SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC sister Amy again, or just give up pretenses and make the entire conference about herself. Two days of celebrating Jill would make the best ladies' retreat ever! 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Yes, that's what they thought.

My comment about "kids will be kids" meaning the right kind of kids -- do you think the Rods would be all peachy keen with kids defiling a historic site if those kids were Black, Muslim, LGBTQ+, or otherwise unlike the Rods themselves? 

Jill won't see her children's actions as being defilement.  That fort is Spanish.  Built by Conquistadors who's secondary purpose after profit was to convert the natives to Catholicism.  I assume Jill is well aware of the history of the area particularly what happened to the French Huguenots and Fort Caroline back in the 1560s.  French Huguenots attempted to start a colony in Florida near St. Augustine.  The Catholic Spanish had issue with that and, well, killed a bunch of them.  The Castillo de San Marco is not a historic site that the Rods would revere.  

5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill won't see her children's actions as being defilement.  That fort is Spanish.  Built by Conquistadors who's secondary purpose after profit was to convert the natives to Catholicism.  I assume Jill is well aware of the history of the area particularly what happened to the French Huguenots and Fort Caroline back in the 1560s.  French Huguenots attempted to start a colony in Florida near St. Augustine.  The Catholic Spanish had issue with that and, well, killed a bunch of them.  The Castillo de San Marco is not a historic site that the Rods would revere.  

I agree, so I wish they'd just stayed the hell away from it.

I feel bad for the Castillo staff having to wade through the 400+ comments destroying Jill and Shrek (many posts include pictures), but at the same time I sincerely hope Jill is reading every single one of them.  

• Love 15
48 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill and Shrek are getting raked over the coals in the comments, and I’m finding out things about Jill that I never knew.  For instance, I didn’t know that Jill’s sister had a leg amputated, and Jill had a memorial service for the leg. 😳 WTH?!?! 

WTF???? 

15 hours ago, auburn-waves said:

Did Jill disable her FB and Insta? I can’t seem to find them now, and I wouldn’t be “banned” because I’ve never commented on anything 🤔

I can't find her on FB and same thing! 

• LOL 1

Yeah, there are lots of issues with the conquistadors who founded Saint Augustine... but I doubt that Jill knows any of them!

It's a beautiful town, and when I went a couple years ago there was a small history museum that was really amazing (I'm sorry, I don't remember the name. It's also possible it was a time-limited exhibit and isn't there anymore). Something that also made the trip fascinating for me was that, at the time I was reading a book called The Moor's Account by Laila Lalami. It's historical fiction about a real member of one of the earliest Spanish expeditions to the New World, including Florida (the real person that the story is based on was an enslaved Moor whose Spanish name was Estabanico). The book was nominated for the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and I really recommend it! It's heavy reading but so vivid, and it really sticks with you.

Anyhow, I wish that the Rods had been reading The Moor's Account, and visiting historical sites, and otherwise doing interesting and age-appropriate activities down in St. Augustine instead of literally climbing the walls like feral animals... but wtf do I know? 🙄

• Love 11
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Jill was filming and actually cheering them on - yelling "good job" Jill has removed the FB post

i reported their names, home address and the address I believe the are currently at - the kellers  it would not be hard to track them down at all

the response I just received from the National Park Service also a direct number to call if I have further information.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your message and for reporting this issue to the park. We have been made aware of this post on social media and our law enforcement division is looking into this matter. This activity is not only dangerous but illegal. The mission of the National Park Service is to ensure that our most nations most cherished resources remain unimpaired for future generations. Notifications and observations of this activity from the visiting public is invaluable in our quest to ensure we are meeting the mission of our agency and working to keep our visiting public safe while enjoying their National Parks.

Thank you again for your message. If you would like to discuss this further or if you have additional information, please feel free to contact me directly at the number listed below. 

Have a great day, 

******* **** Chief Ranger

Castillo de San Marcos and Fort Matanzas National Monuments

1 South Castillo Drive St. Augustine, FL 32084

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

You're giving Jill WAY too much credit for education and intelligence. She probably thinks Pilgrims landed in Florida. 

Actually, there are certain strains of American Protestants who view that part of Florida as a pilgrimage site.  They view those French Huguenots as some of the first American Martyrs.  I first read about it a couple of years ago when I read Tony Horwitz's A Voyage Long and Strange.  It is possible that Jill knows about it.  The Rods have visited St. Augustine and it's environs more than once.  

• Useful 3
Just now, Ohiopirate02 said:

Actually, there are certain strains of American Protestants who view that part of Florida as a pilgrimage site.  They view those French Huguenots as some of the first American Martyrs.  I first read about it a couple of years ago when I read Tony Horwitz's A Voyage Long and Strange.  It is possible that Jill knows about it.  The Rods have visited St. Augustine and it's environs more than once.  

I doubt someone like Jill Rod is one of them. She's willfully ignorant. 

• Love 10

Are the Rods on break from homeschool? Or are we supposed to believe they have school in the RV? The trip to St. Augustine could have been tied into a history lesson but somehow I don’t think it’s on the curriculum.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Are the Rods on break from homeschool? Or are we supposed to believe they have school in the RV? The trip to St. Augustine could have been tied into a history lesson but somehow I don’t think it’s on the curriculum.

School ? Good godly Christians don't need school .

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Of course not. Jill has no interest in educating her children beyond the basics. 

I went to Saint Augustine several times as a child. I don't remember too much but I know I didn't scale a wall! 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am just trying to imagine these Castillo employees gathered around a computer learning way more than they ever wanted to about the wackjob that just desecrated their place of employment.....:(

Lmfaooo, I had the same thought! Can you imagine the poor person in charge of media walking into the office and finding this shitshow on their computer?! 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lmfaooo, I had the same thought! Can you imagine the poor person in charge of media walking into the office and finding this shitshow on their computer?! 

probably like 2 people -the Ranger and someone else. which makes it even worse. NPS is SEVERELY short staffed and even this park is only open Wed - Sun. with limited hours. per covid rules. Jill posted on what tuesday? so did they visit on sunday or just crash in unpaid when it was closed?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

probably like 2 people -the Ranger and someone else. which makes it even worse. NPS is SEVERELY short staffed and even this park is only open Wed - Sun. with limited hours. per covid rules. Jill posted on what tuesday? so did they visit on sunday or just crash in unpaid when it was closed?

I wouldn't put it past her! 

• Love 9

There are some fundies that may be super fixated on the early history of Florida, but I seriously doubt Jill is one of them. I'm not convinced she could tell you basic dates in American history, let alone relatively obscure facts.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The pictures and videos she posted appear to be of the outside of the fort.  It's been awhile since I was there, but it is very possible that the Rods just visited the grounds.  The fact that they were able to climb on the walls leads me to believe that they visited when the park was closed to visitors.  I suspect they were the only people around.  Someone would have alerted the Park Rangers.  Climbing on the walls is something so out of the ordinary it would have been noticed.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 10

I am almost positive that the walls that are being climbed are inside the walls that contain the fort (does that make sense)?  When we visited, it was outside the technical hours of operation so we couldn't get an official tour or anything, but we could wander around the outside of the fort and read the signs, look at some of the artifacts, etc.  Which makes me think they probably did go in outside of operating hours and assumed that because the fort was "closed," they could use it as their own personal playground.

Man, I hope they get fined for this.  Jill is so willfully stupid, she's almost a parody of herself.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
28 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am almost positive that the walls that are being climbed are inside the walls that contain the fort (does that make sense)?  When we visited, it was outside the technical hours of operation so we couldn't get an official tour or anything, but we could wander around the outside of the fort and read the signs, look at some of the artifacts, etc.  Which makes me think they probably did go in outside of operating hours and assumed that because the fort was "closed," they could use it as their own personal playground.

Man, I hope they get fined for this.  Jill is so willfully stupid, she's almost a parody of herself.

One of the comments on the forums Facebook page states that they were there on a Monday.  I don't know how true that is. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

One of the comments on the forums Facebook page states that they were there on a Monday.  I don't know how true that is. 

If that is the case and it was closed, could they get hit with trespassing? 

• Love 6
Just now, libgirl2 said:

If that is the case and it was closed, could they get hit with trespassing? 

I don't think so.  I was looking on Google maps and the fort really looks like a city park.  The grounds would then be open to all while the interior of the building would be closed.  The parking lot does not appear to have a way for the NPS to close it.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

WTF???? 

I can't find her on FB and same thing! 

I just checked IG and FB and Jill’s accounts to both are still active, although certain pictures and videos have been deleted. 😒

• Useful 1
29 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think so.  I was looking on Google maps and the fort really looks like a city park.  The grounds would then be open to all while the interior of the building would be closed.  The parking lot does not appear to have a way for the NPS to close it.  

There are paths and steps up to the fort that you can access all the time.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, Zella said:

There are some fundies that may be super fixated on the early history of Florida, but I seriously doubt Jill is one of them. I'm not convinced she could tell you basic dates in American history, let alone relatively obscure facts.

Exactly. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think that might be about the poem Jill wrote for Amy's paralyzed legs. The whole think is just as bad, but no amputation.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think that might be about the poem Jill wrote for Amy's paralyzed legs. The whole think is just as bad, but no amputation.

That poem was awful. She spoke of her sister in the past tense. Creepy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

The 'kids will be kids' comment has always annoyed me. I think it's a lame cop out for lazy parents, who can't be bothered to teach their child(ren) respect or responsibility. We have rules and regulations for reasons. And they should be abided by everyone, whether you agree with them or not. 

Not to mention, but all of the 'kids' involved are in their teens.  One of them will be a legal adult in just a few months.  

• Love 15