Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The website for the boutique is still up, but it appears that every single item is out of stock except for gift cards. 
So is the stuff truly out of stock or is this just a way to avoid admitting they are inactive?🤔

I was just checking the site out as well. Everything I clicked on was available. 

29 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I was just checking the site out as well. Everything I clicked on was available. 

That's so strange. I just checked again and it was ok. 

Seriously though, if they are not current on their status can they still do business?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Seriously though, if they are not current on their status can they still do business?

It's not unusual for people who start a small business, to neglect filing documents to keep their business entity in good standing with their state. I'm not sure if there will be any serious consequences for the Bates sisters' neglect to keep their LLC reports current, or whatever it was they didn't file. If they are making any serious coin from that business they *should* be filing tax returns, but I don't see them as particularly interested in being careful about paying taxes. I don't know how the tax thing works for these small online businesses. They may fly under the radar of state and federal taxing authorities. OTOH sometimes state or local governments will contact small businesses concerning sales or use tax collection, and I'm sure that varies widely from state to state and even from county to county.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I think it was Carlin who posted the other day that they are moving the boutique to a larger facility. So some changes are going on, don’t know what 

If they have a sticks and bricks business open to the public, that raises the stakes and their visibility to their local/county government as far as sales and use taxes, and unemployment taxes, etc. If it's just an online business and they didn't sign a commercial lease for the space, I suppose they could fly under the radar a lot better. And TBH I care so little about any of that family that I can't believe I just posted twice about them.  🙁. (Okay, I'm waiting for a work email to arrive at the moment, and a little bored . . . ) 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5

29 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I don't know how the tax thing works for these small online businesses. They may fly under the radar of state and federal taxing authorities.

That makes me crazy. My husband was self-employed, paid quarterly estimated tax payments every single quarter, and was incredibly careful to do everything right. We got audited. And the way that works is that they send you a notice months in advance so you can freak out the entire time. 

Audit day finally arrived. The nice IRS lady sat in our dining room all day doing our taxes and then, months later, we got the verdict: the IRS owed us $27. That’s twenty-seven dollars. In the meantime these online businesses can do whatever without consequence.

🤯

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

That makes me crazy. My husband was self-employed, paid quarterly estimated tax payments every single quarter, and was incredibly careful to do everything right. We got audited. And the way that works is that they send you a notice months in advance so you can freak out the entire time. 

Audit day finally arrived. The nice IRS lady sat in our dining room all day doing our taxes and then, months later, we got the verdict: the IRS owed us $27. That’s twenty-seven dollars. In the meantime these online businesses can do whatever without consequence.

🤯

Yup. We had a business for about 30 years. The amount of money we paid out in excise tax, license fees, employee tax withholding, liability insurance, etc, was up there. I doubt the Bates ladies have paid anything but excise tax.

• Love 7

When Nathan Bates was asked why the Medicccoprs LLC was dissolved and he said it was no longer needed when they got 501c3 status.. If Carlin has said new business plans are coming up then possibly they are forming some re invention under a new name or just not an LLC

001008624LLCBates Sisters' Boutique LLC
TENNESSEE Entity Inactive - Inactive - Dissolved (Administrative)

Name:Bates Sisters' Boutique LLC

Status: Inactive - Dissolved (Administrative)Initial Filing

Formed in:TENNESSEE Delayed Effective Date:03/01/2019

Fiscal Year Close:December AR Due Date:04/01/2021

Term of Duration:Perpetual Inactive Date:10/06/2020

• Useful 6

So Jill Rod posted pictures of 3 of her boys climbing up a wall of the Castillo de San Marcos in St Augustine. This is a historical building from the 1600s. People then reported the pictures to the museum Facebook page which then posted a response. There is a thread with pictures and possibly video on Reddit fundiesnarkuncensored. The comments on the Castillo Facebook page are overwhelmingly critical. 
I don’t know how to add the links. Hopefully someone can help. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 5
On 2/9/2021 at 11:51 AM, doodlebug said:

I haven't seen any reports of COVID interfering with fertility.  There are quite a few reports that, like the flu, pregnant woman are more likely to have complications and that premature birth is more common in women battling severe COVID.

I believe I read something about data showing that Covid may have an effect on male fertility.   It was a few weeks back.  I'll try and see if I can find it.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It boggles the mind how stupid Jill is and how poorly she has raised her children.  They should all be fined and perhaps jailed for trespassing on a national monument.  Who in their right mind thinks it is ok to climb all over a 400 year old wall, one of the oldest structures in the country?

Those morons! I wish they would get fined. I don't care how much she would whine and complain about it. They can't just do whatever they feel like! Idiots! 

• Love 13

The thread on Reddit fundiesnarkuncensored is “the one where Jillrod breaks the law”. There are 2 threads but this one has the pictures. Sorry I can’t figure out how to link. I know I’ve done it before but I am technologically challenged, lol. 

Edited by EVS
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Those morons! I wish they would get fined. I don't care how much she would whine and complain about it. They can't just do whatever they feel like! Idiots! 

But, but their freedoms are important, dontchaknow? (they carry on about "freedom" while trying to keep certain freedoms from certain individuals because of "God").

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

But, but their freedoms are important, dontchaknow? (they carry on about "freedom" while trying to keep certain freedoms from certain individuals because of "God").

Sure "freedom" is important, as long as it is their freedom. 

• Love 13

If I remember correctly there are postings about not climbing on any of the coquina structures at the Castillo because it can damage them. There used to be park rangers patrolling and giving tours. I saw the pictures Jill posted on Facebook and they spent a good bit of time on the walls. I agree that they should be fined. I am sure Jill will cry persecution,  but it is not persecution to enforce laws equally.  

• Love 10

I don't read Reddit because, well honestly it confuses me, but here's one picture of the Rod boys on the wall. I would love to hear what the St Augustine Fort folks said.

148684549_2796347977270204_5686576113112

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2

JillR is just the worst! How ignorant to ignore the rules and to have her children climb on this fragile, old structure. She will of course feel persecuted as the great Christian she pretends to be, that people dare to find fault with anything she does. 

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't read Reddit because, well honestly it confuses me, but here's one picture of the Rod boys on the wall. I would love to here what the St Augustine Fort folks said.

On her FB page someone said how kids will be kids. No, they are old enough to know better and their moron of a mother was there. If I would have done that, my mom would have hurt me! But I wouldn't have done that because she wouldn't let me and I wouldn't do it! 

• Love 20
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't read Reddit because, well honestly it confuses me, but here's one picture of the Rod boys on the wall. I would love to here what the St Augustine Fort folks said.

The fort FB post basically said they had received a lot of messages about publicly posted pictures and video of some teenagers climbing the wall. They thanked everyone for their concern and reminded those reading the post that, besides damaging the fort, climbing on it is illegal. The post was pretty standard but people in the comments identified the Rods by name and a few said that it was Jill encouraging the boys to climb the wall. I guess that was apparent in the video. I think people are hoping that the Rods will be held accountable, but I doubt it will happen. 

Edited by EVS
  • Useful 8
  • Love 9

I just visited the official FB page of the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument. As @EVS noted, the comments on their post call out Jill R by name. In the comments, some of the snarkers are "fellowshipping" which I am finding enjoyable because I'm not better than that. Heh. And of course JillR can't delete those because it's not her FB page and apparently she's not bold enough to post anything in her defense. Yet.

There are now more comments than there were when I took this screenshot. 

1243470664_ScreenShot2021-02-10at4_50_31PM.png.00ee862d5758c5f87769603fd71bcc05.png

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 7
  • Love 7

It's not just the Rods who are inconsiderate.  When Josie was born and in NICU, the Duggers were allowed to stay in a huge, beautiful victorian-type home/mansion.  The kids were roller skating and pulling other wheeled toys on the beautiful hardwood floors and stairs.  I can't even think how much damage they did.  But, not their fault.  They are special.

• Love 3

That ledge they're all lined up on is off-limits also. Not to mention that one big gust of wind could hit those maxi-skirt/ sails and blow those waifs right off the edge.

Also: Admission: Adults, 16 and up : $15. Under 16: free with an adult. Hope Nathan works overtime when he gets home, because we know the HOUSEWIFE has all those duties to perform. Gag.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, auburn-waves said:

Did Jill disable her FB and Insta? I can’t seem to find them now, and I wouldn’t be “banned” because I’ve never commented on anything 🤔

As of a minute ago her Insta is private. Heh.

117277471_ScreenShot2021-02-10at5_17_19PM.thumb.jpg.293169d1f060ad3dcf470ad164c1028f.jpg

• LOL 11

Some thoughts for Jill in her preferred language

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier [matters] of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 

Man, Matthew really has issues with hypocrites.

PS I so want to see Jill's forthcoming rant about her freedumbs. I think it'll violate the politics policy and I don't want to give her any clicks.

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

On her FB page someone said how kids will be kids. No, they are old enough to know better and their moron of a mother was there. If I would have done that, my mom would have hurt me! But I wouldn't have done that because she wouldn't let me and I wouldn't do it! 

Her Facebook is still up..here's some of the comments.🙄

Screenshot_20210210-184137.png

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

The "kids will be kids" comments are a puzzle to me.  Isn't this group into "instant obedience"?  Don't they brag that  they have total control over their kids?  Can't have it both ways, folks.

Plus their parents were there, then again they are both morons and Jill is under the delusion she is 16 and that David is a hunk. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Jill “liked” this comment:

I agree! I believe you are not allowed to climb on the walls, but come on! Children will be children and there are way worse things happening in the world everyday!

And this one:

I think it's because they're climbing on a historical building, or whatever it was. Some people believe that you should show respect to historic places,  and not be so careless. Personally,  I wouldn't have allowed my children or family members to do that but they probably aren't the first ones to try so it is what it is. I don't worry about it. 😊 It's great that they have so much fun! 

And of course, this one:

Exactly what I thought.  🤔  It is really pathetic to be angry at seeing a family have fun together.  😳🙄

So she’s reading the comments and still doesn’t get it. 🤦‍♀️

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I believe I read something about data showing that Covid may have an effect on male fertility.   It was a few weeks back.  I'll try and see if I can find it.

Thx. I've been hearing things about the Covid vaccine affecting female fertility,but I think it's all just scare tactics from fundies and their like minded ppl

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

96D2BA07-F77C-401B-BB63-18B2FE059031.jpeg

Wait...what? Why would I book a hotel room to watch a conference that I cannot attend, but you’re live-streaming anyway (pandemic notwithstanding)? Am I reading this correctly? Does she know what livestream means?

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Wait...what? Why would I book a hotel room to watch a conference that I cannot attend, but you’re live-streaming anyway (pandemic notwithstanding)? Am I reading this correctly? Does she know what livestream means?

She should know since she live-streamed the funeral service of children she did not know, nor knew the children’s parents. Don’t get me started on the pictures in front of a casket with huge smiles. Jill is such a vile person. 

• Love 3

I wonder if what she means is that the hotel's conference room is too small to hold all the registrants but they will have an overflow room in the hotel where the sessions will be livestreamed on a big screen.

That's not unusual for conferences - although usually it's just when there's a specific session or meeting for which the interest exceeds the capacity of the biggest available room. Good conference planning involves matching the size of the audience for sessions, to the capacities of the available meeting rooms. I'm not a conference planner, but for a couple of years not long ago as a change from my prior work life, I supplemented my retirement income by working as on-site staff for conventions - usually very large ones. It was an interesting glimpse into what it takes to put on an event with so many moving parts and hundreds or thousands of attendees. 

[ETA: I know, Jill's weekend 'women's retreat' for Jesus doesn't involve thousands of attendees, lol.]

I wonder if Jill's getting greedy and instead of cutting off registrations she's just going to dump the newcomers into a meeting room with a big screen TV. I assume that these fundies will be so happy to get away for a weekend that they won't mind. They will probably get plenty of socializing time, maskless I'm sure, so they'll have pretty much full participation in the superspreader event. And go home happy to spread the word of the Lord and any random viruses they encountered. Urgh. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

One of my favorite comments on the national monument's FB post: "This is pretty bad but at least they weren't stealing pecans."

🤣  🤣  🤣  

OMG I laughed so hard on that one that I scared my dog. 

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

The "kids will be kids" comments are a puzzle to me.  Isn't this group into "instant obedience"?  Don't they brag that  they have total control over their kids?  Can't have it both ways, folks.

"Kids will be kids" only applies if they're the right kind of kids. 

• Love 17