Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sondraK said:

My mom was manic when she had it.She had 4 operations in all.Dr finally removed all of it.That was before radioactive iodine came out.She could run circles around me when I was a kid in the 70's

That sounds more like hyperactive thyroid than hypoactive.  Hashimoto's is hypoactive and the treatment for that is thyroid pills not radioactive treatment or removal.  Those are used for hyperactive thyroid.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

That sounds more like hyperactive thyroid than hypoactive.  Hashimoto's is hypoactive and the treatment for that is thyroid pills not radioactive treatment or removal.  Those are used for hyperactive thyroid.  

Hashi's can have periods of hyperactivity when the thyroid fights back and tries to kick into gear. It can be a roller coaster, as I unfortunately know. And if Jill is using tons of Plexus to counteract the sluggishness, it could be making things worse. She definitely needs to see a doctor, even if it's just for an annual physical, but we all know she won't. Also, thyroid removal can be for a number of things, not just Graves/hyperactivity. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 7

I guess I've been fortunate.  I have Hashimoto's and it's been fairly stable, consistent, and relatively easily handled.  Jill could have any number of things wrong with her and she'd probably have to "detox" from Plexus to get her stabilized.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

You're right.She had Grave's disease.I got them mixed up

• Love 3
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Two of Jill’s coffee posts.......

4FFF9486-88B3-4174-B7FE-984133A14D2D.jpeg

925E0C42-D185-44D2-8451-4C926FA83D1B.jpeg

As I drink my second coffee this morning.  😂

Is she trying to sell us Plexus, or Jesus?  I really thought this would end with something about giving your fatigue to the Lord. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, jennblevins said:

Is she trying to sell us Plexus, or Jesus?  I really thought this would end with something about giving your fatigue to the Lord. 

Yes,like "O Come to me,all thy weary,and I will give thee rest"

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I find Jill's condescension and use of the word "ignorant" to be so cringey.   And, well, ignorant.

To any of her fans 🙄 who drink coffee for fatigue, shouldn't they be offended as heck?  What a sales pitch.  🙄🙄🙄

image.thumb.png.10696bc986f002f32079a42287e5b2b9.png

• Love 10

Not to defend Jilly but ignorant means lacking in information. But ! It's a loaded term and she has no clue what it really means, it's that poor home school education of hers. 

I am sure she is using it as a slam to us stupid people who won't ingest the toxic crap in her witches brew.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Portia said:

That post took me on a whole sordid journey. I couldn't help but imagine what sorts of acts "smoosh" might be a euphemism for. Eventually I realized she'd just misspelled "smooch"... but dear God, that makes me queasy, too. 

We need a barf reaction! 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Not to defend Jilly but ignorant means lacking in information. But ! It's a loaded term and she has no clue what it really means, it's that poor home school education of hers. 

I am sure she is using it as a slam to us stupid people who won't ingest the toxic crap in her witches brew.

No, I get it.  I'm not ignorant to the meaning of ignorant!  😄 But it's very loaded.  If I use the term to indicate someone is lacking in knowledge, I usually soften it with context, or choose a different word.  Just to say someone is ignorant, full-stop, is ugly to me.

And considering the source, it's clear to me that there is ugliness in its use.  Ugh.

• Love 18

Jill's hair and neck look really bad in the smoosh photo. (Smoosh is the sound David's bloated belly makes when she pushes close enough to kiss him.) Jill must be aware her hair is thinning to have resorted to those cheap extensions. Nurie must notice how ragged Jill looks, but I wonder if she would dare say anything. Probably not. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's hair and neck look really bad in the smoosh photo. (Smoosh is the sound David's bloated belly makes when she pushes close enough to kiss him.) 

There goes my appetite for lunch! lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Portia said:

That post took me on a whole sordid journey. I couldn't help but imagine what sorts of acts "smoosh" might be a euphemism for. Eventually I realized she'd just misspelled "smooch"... but dear God, that makes me queasy, too. 

Oh, thank goodness you explained this, I did not realize it was a typo and thought the worst, lol. 

I think 'ol Jill is never going to reveal she has health problems, if she's ever diagnosed. It would mean 1. religion has failed to protect her righteous self, 2. she would have to confess to using doctors/medicine/science for help, and 3. Plexus can't cure all. None of those are things she will ever admit. 

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Portia said:

Smoosh is a slang word. I'm linking the urban dictionary, but be careful about clicking the link.  I honestly can't tell if that's a typo. 

• Useful 1
On 2/6/2021 at 12:11 PM, crazy8s said:

the proper evangelical term I learned at past church for this was "Jewels are being placed on your crown in heaven as we speak" - often used when people were putting up with some crazy amount of BS from a fellow righteous christian

And this was stolen directly from the Catholics.  Generations of Catholic moms have told their kids to 'offer it up' because 'you'll get another star in your crown in heaven'.  Very Catholic idea, doing penance on earth to get a step up in heaven.

30 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Looks like Erin Paine won't be having any more kids.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLAl20hrduX/?igshid=hcew3jx2v6tx

There are literally millions of eggs in the ovaries; even with a fraction of one ovary, it is quite possible to become pregnant.  That being said, this doesn't sound like run of the mill ovarian cysts, but, more likely, something like endometriosis, which can decrease fertility.

• Useful 10
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I feel bad for Erin. Even though I disagree with the way these people breed like rabbits, it sucks to have your choice taken from you. Hopefully she's at peace with it.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  They do have four healthy children so it isn't exactly a tragedy. I have to wonder if on some level she and Chad are a bit relieved that God made the choice for them.  Having to have an injection every day during pregnancy could not have been pleasant.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Something about the way she worded the last line makes me think they are still looking for ways to have more kids.

Or maybe they just want to know what caused this to happen.  Whenever I hear "ovarian cysts"  my mind immediately goes to the "C" word. If she has had 3 surgeries it means the problem was not easily resolved.

I’m sorry to hear that she’s going through a health crisis — three emergency surgeries on top of a nasty case of covid is a lot, and sounds pretty serious. But as long as her health improves, I think this will end up being a blessing in disguise. They have a beautiful, complete (and not especially small!) family. And it may even be a relief to get out of the baby race.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I feel bad for Erin. Even though I disagree with the way these people breed like rabbits, it sucks to have your choice taken from you. Hopefully she's at peace with it.

It hasn’t been “her” choice. They’ve been leaving it up to God. Maybe this is his way of saying that’s enough.

• Useful 6
  • Love 12
On 1/30/2021 at 11:35 PM, Bridget said:

When the JWs used to come to our front door when I was a wee girl, my mom would not only go into her own “Catholic Cooties” monologue, making sure to highlight her K-12 education from Holy Redeemer in Detroit, but she’d also put the parents on blast. It was so awesome to see!!!

”Your kids are too young to be traipsing from door to door on a Saturday morning! They should be at home and watching cartoons or sleeping late. Do you think they’re actually enjoying themselves? Newsflash: they aren’t having fun. They should be acting like kids, not walking from door to door with adults every damn weekend!” 

I’m such a proud daughter. 🤗

As a child that got drug from door to door every Saturday morning, I thank your mom profusely. I would much rather have been at home watching cartoons. I can imagine and have lived through a lot of what the Rod children have experienced, but I can't imagine doing it all without food. I truly hate these people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, emma675 said:

Something about the way she worded the last line makes me think they are still looking for ways to have more kids.

If they weren’t hoping for more kids she would’ve had that other one removed. I’m guessing they are praying for their “miracle baby” even harder now. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

It hasn’t been “her” choice. They’ve been leaving it up to God. Maybe this is his way of saying that’s enough.

God saw that their little cottage was bursting at the seams!

• Love 10

I know quite a few women who've got pregnant with one ovary, but it wasn't a partial ovary. 

I really hope takes her health seriously and I hope that she continues to work on her health. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they have more children, but they are unlikely to reach her parents' family size and that's probably for the best. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I know quite a few women who've got pregnant with one ovary, but it wasn't a partial ovary. 

I really hope takes her health seriously and I hope that she continues to work on her health. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they have more children, but they are unlikely to reach her parents' family size and that's probably for the best. 

I agree

It sounds like maybe the virus attacked Erin's ovaries? Idk a lot about it,so just guessing.

I wonder if they would consider ivf,if they have the money? I'm not sure they could grift for it;fundies don't like ivf.

But maybe if they want it enough,Chad and Erin would consider ivf? I wish Michaela and Brandon would.Seems it's the only way they could get a baby

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I agree

It sounds like maybe the virus attacked Erin's ovaries? Idk a lot about it,so just guessing.

I wonder if they would consider ivf,if they have the money? I'm not sure they could grift for it;fundies don't like ivf.

But maybe if they want it enough,Chad and Erin would consider ivf? I wish Michaela and Brandon would.Seems it's the only way they could get a baby

They already have 4 kids . . .

• Love 8
4 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

If they weren’t hoping for more kids she would’ve had that other one removed. I’m guessing they are praying for their “miracle baby” even harder now. 

I think so,too.Prob.the reason for 3 surgeries.She told them to remove as little as possible,but they had to go back in,whereas most women might tell them to go ahead and take both ovaries;they don't want more kids or surgery

1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

They already have 4 kids . . .

I know,but Erin's comment made it sound like they're wanting more

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 2
12 hours ago, doodlebug said:

And this was stolen directly from the Catholics.  Generations of Catholic moms have told their kids to 'offer it up' because 'you'll get another star in your crown in heaven'.  Very Catholic idea, doing penance on earth to get a step up in heaven.

Yep, the teachers at Catholic schools told us that all of the time, especially when we were being told to do something that we didn't want to do. 

I do feel sorry for Erin, having to go through so many surgeries in a short amount of time, especially with small children at home.  That couldn't have been fun. But like others have said, maybe this is God's way of saying they need to slow down the baby factory. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

23C8F4DC-E861-4A0E-9ED4-9C03BE9C6A36.jpeg

9A8BA829-E529-4AEB-BFCB-C81BDCEB3442.jpeg

The whole gang crowded into the stink bus for games?  Why?  Also, did Jill hit the Plexus so hard she didn't notice that these pics are out of focus?

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 15
Just now, 65mickey said:

By removing both ovaries would put her in menopause. She is young to have this done unless it is medically necessary.  She needs to be greatful that she has 4 healthy children.  

Most doctors would try to preserve ovaries in a woman her age; if a woman her age told me to 'take it all', I'd tell her we should try to save as much as possible because hormone replacement therapy is not equivalent to the real thing.

As those great philosophers Marvin and Tammy told us, 'Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.'

• Useful 5
  • Love 18
14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think God said enough or at least slow down. They won't do IVF though so this might be it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Most doctors would try to preserve ovaries in a woman her age; if a woman her age told me to 'take it all', I'd tell her we should try to save as much as possible because hormone replacement therapy is not equivalent to the real thing.

As those great philosophers Marvin and Tammy told us, 'Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.'

I agree as she is too young for menopause. They might have left enough to keep her hormones at a certain level. 

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Also, did Jill hit the Plexus so hard she didn't notice that these pics are out of focus?

The pictures were all videos. That’s on me. It’s hard to get a still out of it, she pans quickly. 😁

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

No Jill, it is this. "What a joy it is to brainwash our children into not being able to do anything in life, but fellowship. We are blessed to scare our children with this power."

• Love 7

the game they were playing with their "grown children" was who can make everyone laugh in the least amount of time. no less than 3 people were filming the entire thing. Philliy, with the candle lighter, sang This Little Light of Mine in various voices/accents. they all obediently did silly laughing. It was sad to watch.

the "grown children" apparently are from 13yr old Tessie and older..

Edited by crazy8s
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the game they were playing with their "grown children" was who can make everyone laugh in the least amount of time. now less than 3 people were filming the entire thing. Philliy, with the candle lighter, sang This Little Light of Mine in various voices/accents. they all obediently did silly laughing. It was sad to watch.

the "grown children" apparently are from 13yr old Tessie and older..

That video was absolutely ridiculous.  I didn’t find any of it funny, and I’m still not sure why several of them were videotaping it.  I was actually surprised to see so many smartphones.  Do all of the “adult” children have their own phones?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Those children didn’t CHOOSE anything.  They have never had a choice in anything they’ve ever done since the day they were born.  They are 100% brainwashed.  I would love to see some of them break away from the cult at some point, but I don’t think it’ll ever happen.  The saddest part is that those brainwashed children will brainwash their own children someday.

• Love 11