Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Good lord, do these people throw a party for every damn thing? So one of Nathan's many sisters couldn't make the wedding (during a freaking pandemic), why couldn't she have just had a small, nice dinner with the happy couple? Why did this require both sides of the family getting together with a balloon arch? They truly have nothing to do except make up excuses to have another boring, awkward get together. 

To be nice, Nurie does look very happy and healthy. Getting away from Jill has made such a difference. 

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

79B54C45-C0C7-4195-BA04-40A8A04456C2.jpeg

4D11C088-192C-4513-984C-955DD57DE264.jpeg

30B57747-5890-4D5A-96F7-EFB7AFE2590A.jpeg

F1262FE3-C031-490D-A98A-29BE458D34A7.jpeg

Nurie looks great in these pictures.  Her face is not so gaunt, no big hair, nice make up.  The Not Nuries seemed to have dialed down the make up a little bit too. The littlest girl in the group picture (not sure of her name) looks like she has a serious illness.  How can her parents not see that?  Oh that’s right - they only care about themselves.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Is this the Bates boy who is a bit of a fame whore? It appears this girl was a Disney channel actress. 

Yes. This is Lawson, who thinks pretty highly of himself and is a bit of a diva. I think he'll find it hard being with someone prettier and more famous than him.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

Feeling like utter shite today, only just managed to get up (it's 2.30pm here) and I'm exceedingly happy to see that Jilly Dear has blessed me in this particular season of life with lots of material to snark upon.

Firstly, that dead beaver in her hair. Translation: her hair is fallling out due to the pink magic juice and likely thyroid problems so she felt a bit of a dead animal would make up for it. It looks horrendous. Shudder

Secondly, she's gone on a rant against coffee on her FB profile, feeling sorry for those who profess to like it. That's a bit.........rich........shall we say, coming from someone who slurps down a dangerous drug presumably several times a day. It shows Jilly Hun! Your rather manic behaviour is not blessing those around you, I should think.

Thirdly, the child with the face on her, presumably Suzanna's daugther positively looks fat next to the starving Rodlets. The deathly ill looking child seems to need to be held up now also. Why is nobody stepping in?? It's criminal.

Fourth, but certainly not last, her obese slob of a husband is driving with a sprained ankle? Nice. Who needs safety, eh? It's not as if your family has already suffered a near fatal accident or anything.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4DE2A974-8AC4-4934-A2CD-EBF85DA05059.jpeg

44D9FAE0-DE49-4A0D-A35A-F83478BAD78C.jpeg

It looks like she’s gotten some hair extensions.  I’m pretty sure her hair is not that long. 
ETA:  I didn’t know that the hair extensions had already been discussed.  I’m sorry.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's been photographed plenty of times drinking coffee, and she has a coffeemaker at home. Even good coffee is cheaper than Plexus and probably tastes a lot better. 

Jill must have offered to do the devotional since she loves being the center of attention at somebody else's party. Interesting list. "S" is for submission (right, Jill). Wonder what "F" is for. 

Probably faithful 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill, those extensions are baaaad.

image.png.43123096cf1c7b724b0ce4f1a5f48524.png

Oh wow, I didn't notice those at first. They are so bad.

I'm starting to wonder if Jilly has Hashimoto's disease. She's gained some weight, her hair does not look good, she's had some crazy moods--all of which can be symptoms. Hashi's makes your energy drop to nothing and I wonder if she's guzzling Plexus (which has caffeine just like coffee, JRod, you moron) to make up for the lack of energy?  Something is going on with her, she's changed physically in very noticeable ways lately. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I'm starting to wonder if Jilly has Hashimoto's disease. She's gained some weight, her hair does not look good, she's had some crazy moods--all of which can be symptoms. Hashi's makes your energy drop to nothing and I wonder if she's guzzling Plexus (which has caffeine just like coffee, JRod, you moron) to make up for the lack of energy?  Something is going on with her, she's changed physically in very noticeable ways lately. 

I agree with you.  She has all the signs of a thyroid disorder.  She actually has a bald spot on top around her bangs, she has thickening in the neck/throat area, and she’s bug-eyed, but she’s stupid enough to believe that Plexus and prayer will cure whatever health problems she might have.  

• Love 9
19 hours ago, emma675 said:

I wonder if Ma and Pa Keller are going to have to put some boundaries up? If not, they better get used to the Rod's crappy RV pulling into their driveway multiple times a year. 

I replied to this by suggesting that the grifting Rods may wear out their welcome with the Kellers. That was followed by this dose of reality:

19 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The Rods bother us more than they bother other fundies.  Their circle is so small, they are able to overlook the faults of other families because they are like-minded.  It might be different if the Rods lived closer.  If the Kellers really had a problem with Jill, they never would have allowed Nathan to marry Nurie.  

And, I can't disagree with @Ohiopirate02. I don't know all that much about the fundie world, but if it's small enough, and has enough of an "us vs. them" bunker mentality? I can see the Rods continuing to be accepted.  

It's depressing to think that the Rods will continue to grift successfully in the fundie world. OTOH, in my "mean girl" moments I figure all those fundies deserve each other, so what the hell anyway. 

• Love 15

I think it's tough to know.  The Kellers seem to be more open and kind than say the Bateses or Duggars.  Jim Bob seems to have established boundaries with the Rodrigues family without a second thought.  They didn't cut them off completely, but no more wedding invitations and no more RV in the Duggar front yard or driveway.  The Kellers may want to be nice with Nathan's in-laws or they may start making changes if Jill gets too pushy.  I think it's too early to tell.  I'm leaning toward they may develop a tad of deafness to Jill's hints, but try to appear hospitable for Nathan's sake.

• Love 10

I can see Pa Keller playing nice at first. He's already had three kids defect from the cult, so he's probably eager to welcome a like-minded daughter-in-law willing to pump out an army for Christ. I think the Kellers' patience will wear thin though, especially if the Rods' visits become too frequent. 

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoever can tolerate the JRods on a regular basis should earn a special place in heaven. No questions asked.

the proper evangelical term I learned at past church for this was "Jewels are being placed on your crown in heaven as we speak" - often used when people were putting up with some crazy amount of BS from a fellow righteous christian

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MargeGunderson said:

I bet my bank account that Jill’s post is copied directly from Plexus promotional material and not something she made up. I doubt she knows what synergistically means, much less how to spell it. Note also the correct use of “you’re” - a dead giveaway.

I was disappointed there wasn't a direct Plexus pitch after the coffee meltdown. I was waiting for it! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Did we know this? Tiffany is 21, wears mainstream clothes, including swimsuits and is gorgeous. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK5KNcehJ2A/

Tiffany is also in CO with them.

The Alyssa, Erin and Michaela families seem to be missing from the ski trip. It makes sense that Alyssa isn't there because I think she's due any day now.

Zack and Whitney and their brood do not appear to be there either.  Because, you know, he has a real job where he can't just pick up and go away on a whim.  Saw no evidence of Tori and Bobby either.  

I am guessing this is not for "I Love You Day", but just random filming.  Probably to introduce Lawson's girlfriend.  

Alyssa can't travel right now obviously.  I really don't think skiing is Erin's thing, plus maybe Chad is taking advantage of the fact that he can do a couple of jobs and not have to pay his brothers-in-law.  I noticed they weren't at a couple of the other trips last year too.  Michaela and Tori may not be into skiing either, or Michaela has her licensing test soon and is studying.  

I may be overly optimistic, but I am getting the sense that some of the older married couples are beginning to break away from the herd a bit.  Of course they still live in the area (except Alyssa), but they aren't in on everything anymore.

I wonder how Lawson met his girlfriend.  Is it possible she was in one of his music videos?

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

It looks like she’s gotten some hair extensions.  I’m pretty sure her hair is not that long. 
ETA:  I didn’t know that the hair extensions had already been discussed.  I’m sorry.

Did she actually pay someone to do that?  Nah, probably one of her kids did it, and it looks like crap.  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Zack and Whitney and their brood do not appear to be there either.  Because, you know, he has a real job where he can't just pick up and go away on a whim.  Saw no evidence of Tori and Bobby either.  

I am guessing this is not for "I Love You Day", but just random filming.  Probably to introduce Lawson's girlfriend.  

Alyssa can't travel right now obviously.  I really don't think skiing is Erin's thing, plus maybe Chad is taking advantage of the fact that he can do a couple of jobs and not have to pay his brothers-in-law.  I noticed they weren't at a couple of the other trips last year too.  Michaela and Tori may not be into skiing either, or Michaela has her licensing test soon and is studying.  

I may be overly optimistic, but I am getting the sense that some of the older married couples are beginning to break away from the herd a bit.  Of course they still live in the area (except Alyssa), but they aren't in on everything anymore.

I wonder how Lawson met his girlfriend.  Is it possible she was in one of his music videos?

I see fights for the mirror in Lawson's future, if girlfriend was on TV.  That should be entertaining.  He seems as in love with himself as RFP.

• LOL 19

Okay, I am confused, but not quite interested enough to go back three pages and reread because Jill creeps me out.

Nurie’s been married since the summer, correct? And there has been no hysterical announcements over her being pregnant? So why is Jill blathering on about the “devotion” at Nurie’s “shower”?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, I am confused, but not quite interested enough to go back three pages and reread because Jill creeps me out.

Nurie’s been married since the summer, correct? And there has been no hysterical announcements over her being pregnant? So why is Jill blathering on about the “devotion” at Nurie’s “shower”?

I'm confused too. I think it's probably easier to track with it if we just accept that Jill is both insane and high on Plexus, so we should look for no logic here. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Michael probably got stuck looking after Carlin's new puppy. They had it all of a week before deserting it. 😢

1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

I only posted two, here you go:

A41A6C3C-7C31-442A-83E0-B6B8F7F81D4E.jpeg

How do you save money if you just buy Plexus instead of coffee? 🤔 In fact, something tells me buying coffee may be cheaper than buying Plexus. I say this as someone who consumes neither.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Zella said:

How do you save money if you just buy Plexus instead of coffee? 🤔 In fact, something tells me buying coffee may be cheaper than buying Plexus. I say this as someone who consumes neither.

Well, this is something that Jill definitely knows nothing about, since we all know the best mama in the world doesn’t pay for her own coffee. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

It would only be cheaper if you insisted upon drinking Starbucks lattes and similar 2 to 3 times  a day.  Plexus is definitely more expensive than my coffee habit.  I drink plain black coffee.  Folgers is just fine as far as I am concerned.  If I get a cup while out, it's either McDonalds, Dunkin, or Sheetz because I do not live close enough to a WaWa.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Yes, let's talk about this. A shower for what? Nurie's already married, and this looks recent if it shows JillRod's hair extensions.

But if they didn’t go to the wedding, how could they give gifts? JillRod needs to replenish the stink bus/barndominium somehow. Because we all know Nurthan will *INSIST* that Best Momma EVER* deserves all the gifts that were given to them!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, emma675 said:

My mom was manic when she had it.She had 4 operations in all.Dr finally removed all of it.That was before radioactive iodine came out.She could run circles around me when I was a kid in the 70's

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

This Florida trip is Jill's long-awaited Funding an Addition to the Barndominum Palooza tour. While she appreciates prayers, prayers with cash in envelopes are especially welcome.

Yes.Jill always has her hand out,yet never gives anything of value in return

• Love 9