Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

We don't know that Nurie has obvious problems. For all we know, Nurie could be pregnant. I don't think there will be an immediate announcement, because Jill is hoping to be pregnant and has mixed emotions about becoming a grandmother.

Also I never asking for cash is tacky. It's a class/generational take maybe, but I have no problem with people saying they prefer cash. 

I never said she did.  I was simply replying to your assertion that she doesn't meet the criteria to be treated for infertility.  If she is not ovulating because she is underweight; she is not having regular periods.  In that circumstance. most OB/GYN's would not wait a year before starting to evaluate and treat her.  

I have a problem with people who invite people to their wedding and then dictate what their wedding gift is supposed to be.  The guest should decide on the gift.

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I just checked. It appears that she removed them.

She must read here daily.

Do you call it stories on Facebook like it is on Instagram? If so, that’s where it is at the moment. She may have removed the post itself.

BC3153DC-90C7-4E1C-BC37-9DDB54E0312F.jpeg

9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Jackson?  He's only 16 and an extremely immature 16 at that.  I can't see it.  Kaylee and Renee are too old and Tessie is not even 14 yet.

Also, somehow I can't see Jim Bob wanting anything to do with the Rods.

But stranger things have happened, I guess.  I never say never with these people because I have been proven wrong too many times.

I'm not sure Kaylee and Renee are too old, they may be 2 - 3 years older than Jackson. Claire is about two years older than Justin and Jessa is 2.5 years older than Ben.

So Kaylee is going to be 20 in July and Renee will be 19 in June.  Jackson will be 17 in May, but honestly he acts like a 12 year old. 
I realize there have been other marriages where the bride is 2-3 years older, but I just can’t see this happening.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

Congrats to them for the baby.  However, I'm not sure how one is supposed to pronounce the baby's first name, but it reminds me of stereotypical person from Boston saying "Baylor" as in the college. 

That's how I'd say it.

• Love 3

There is no way Jackson would be able to drive to Ohio without a chaperone.  I could see Jill keeping quiet about Jackson himself.

If there was a chaperone that Jill could exploit, we would know about it.  There would be a pic with a Dingus, or proof in the background of a picture... something!

I also question where they would have met in recent times.  I don’t recall any separate Duggars at the Nurptials.  If it was something innocent like Anna & Josh and a few Duggars helped Nurie move, we would have heard about it.

Jill, is that you?

• LOL 5
55 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

"Baylah Lugosi"?

Turns out, the term 'Baylah' is in the urban dictionary to describe certain women.  I wonder if  Gabby and Cade knew about that.

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 13
6 hours ago, Saylii said:

There is no way Jackson would be able to drive to Ohio without a chaperone.  I could see Jill keeping quiet about Jackson himself.

If there was a chaperone that Jill could exploit, we would know about it.  There would be a pic with a Dingus, or proof in the background of a picture... something!

I also question where they would have met in recent times.  I don’t recall any separate Duggars at the Nurptials.  If it was something innocent like Anna & Josh and a few Duggars helped Nurie move, we would have heard about it.

Jill, is that you?

Oh heck no.I'm not Jill.I saw it posted on the DWOP site for Jan. I hope I can say that here.If you read thru the posts,you'll see it near the end.It's posted by Anonymous,saying someone drove Jackson to meet a Rod girl a couple of times.THAT might be Jill posting for attention

Edited by sondraK
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder if any of this families know pregnancy is on the list of conditions that increase the risk of severe complications of covid.

They probably do, and they consider the fact that so many of them got COVID while gestating and survived it to be a sign of just how much God favors them.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I just checked. It appears that she removed them.

She must read here daily.

I’m almost certain that FB stories disappear after a certain period of time, just like IG stories which disappear after 24 hours.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m almost certain that FB stories disappear after a certain period of time, just like IG stories which disappear after 24 hours.

I'm not FB friends with JillR so I can't see her stories. She may have had it in her stories, but it was definitely a regular post on her page as well.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not FB friends with JillR so I can't see her stories. She may have had it in her stories, but it was definitely a regular post on her page as well.

I’m not FB friends with her either.  You should be able to view her stories unless you are blocked.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m not FB friends with her either.  You should be able to view her stories unless you are blocked.

Huh, I know I'm not blocked because she doesn't know I exist. The way my FB works is my FB friends' Stories show at the top of my page. When I go to JillR's page the little Stories section does not appear.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Huh, I know I'm not blocked because she doesn't know I exist. The way my FB works is my FB friends' Stories show at the top of my page. When I go to JillR's page the little Stories section does not appear.

Click on her user picture, that’s where they’ll be, unless they expired already.

• Useful 4
18 hours ago, Temperance said:

Gabby Barrett and her husband Cade welcomed a daughter Baylah May Foehner. 

She was born January 18th 2021. 

All this time to come up with a name and this is what they choose?  

• LOL 20

Cade’s post on Twitter:

@CadeFoehner

Jan 25

The Lord Jesus has given me so much that I scarce can believe it. Not only to be saved from sin because of His Gospel but to also be given a Wife who is not only my best friend in the whole wide world but who also has bore me a child. I am a blessed man beyond my understanding.

• LOL 5
34 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Cade’s post on Twitter:

@CadeFoehner

Jan 25

The Lord Jesus has given me so much that I scarce can believe it. Not only to be saved from sin because of His Gospel but to also be given a Wife who is not only my best friend in the whole wide world but who also has bore me a child. I am a blessed man beyond my understanding.

We really need an eye roll reaction emoji. Cade is insufferable. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
41 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Cade’s post on Twitter:

@CadeFoehner

Jan 25

That's quite the run-on sentence. 😂

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Cade’s post on Twitter:

@CadeFoehner

Jan 25

I don’t think my husband would ever have said I “bore him a child” when we became parents. As if he now owned said child? (Though I suppose back in the day the man *would* in fact have owned his wife and children.) ugh.

• Love 21

If Tim and his siblings aren't getting fed, what is that poor dog supposed to eat?  Unless the pets in that family quickly learn to sit next to Shrek at the dinner table, knowing that the scraps will bounce off his face, onto his gut and then to the floor.

And that "little bit country" comment about Cade is going to have me laughing into next week. 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 13

I hope Tim is a better pet parent to Roxie than his human parents have been to him. He doesn't have good role models for nurturing living beings. He does seem fond of her. I hope he still has a job, despite BEST MOMMA's interference, and can afford to feed her. 

• Love 12
On 1/24/2021 at 1:34 PM, Jenniferbug said:

If anyone is interested in podcasts, The Dream is a really well done one whose first season is all about MLMs. The history, why they're not considered illegal pyramid schemes, the manipulation that goes into recruiting, etc but it does so without getting too judgmental about the people who get roped into them. Their 2nd season is about alternative health practices so somewhat tangentially related to Plexus even though I don't think that company is ever specifically addressed. Every time I see Jill's claims about making so much money with Plexus, I think of The Dream. 

Thanks for the recommendation! There’s also a pretty good documentary on Amazon Prime Video called The Slave Circle that highlights the same themes of MLMs. They really prey on vulnerable people.

ETA: Those poor dogs! The mother has a huge bald patch where she has probably licked or bitten her fur off. I wonder how many litters she’s probably been forced to birth. My dog had a dime sized hot spot in that same area and I went into hysterics. One huge vet bill later, I think it was probably just a mosquito bite, but it killed me to see him in any type of discomfort. I hope Roxie Rod has a a better life than her mother probably had.

Edited by charmed1
  • Useful 3
27 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Thanks for the recommendation! There’s also a pretty good documentary on Amazon Prime Video called The Slave Circle that highlights the same themes of MLMs. They really prey on vulnerable people.

ETA: Those poor dogs! The mother has a huge bald patch where she has probably licked or bitten her fur off. I wonder how many litters she’s probably been forced to birth. My dog had a dime sized hot spot in that same area and I went into hysterics. One huge vet bill later, I think it was probably just a mosquito bite, but it killed me to see him in any type of discomfort. I hope Roxie Rod has a a better life than her mother probably had.

Of course, Tim is probably not going to spay her and may well decide to breed her for profit; so the jury is still out on whether her life will be better.  The Rods live in Amish country where puppy mills are common and, considering how his parents bred for Jesus, stuffing kids into every nook and cranny of their camper; I doubt that Tim has a lot of concerns about overbreeding dogs.

• Love 3

Roxie is really cute and I hope she has a good, happy life.  This reminds me of Sarah Maxwell and her dog, Ellie.  I wonder if these kids that were raised in their cult get attached to their pets because they can actually give and get affection from another living thing.  I also think @doodlebug     is probably right about the breeding.  I remember Sarah wanting to breed her dog.  Thankfully, it didn't work out that way.  Of course, I'm sorry the reason was because Ellie got sick, but I believe had she been spayed in the first place, none of it would have happened. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

That is an adorable dog.  I hope Tim keeps her out of the barndominium and feeds her at his place where he can keep the dogfood under lock and key.  One would think that since Tim is so enamored of the breed, he would know they are Blue Heelers, not Healers.  He could call her an Australian cattle dog but he probably doesn't know where Australia is anyway.

On FB Timmy says that the dog is a “purebred blue healer”.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Seems like Timmy should now have his own Instagram account.  Its ridiculous that a kid that age be required to post on mommy's account. 

He has to use Jill’s FB account, as well.  It’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen.  I don’t understand these Fundies who shove all things godly down their kid’s throats from birth but then are afraid to take them off the leash because they might sin.  Apparently they have zero faith in trusting their kids to not dive headfirst into a sinful lifestyle.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Tim apparently lives very nearby. I'm guessing the tiny tow RV is his place. He's separated from his family by a driveway.

142647372_2786335621604773_5424189761560

Timmy is living in that little camper.  Where’d that camper come from?  Who bought it?  How much does a camper like that cost anyway?  I’ve seen pics of the interior and exterior, and it looks fairly new.

• Useful 3
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Timmy is living in that little camper.  Where’d that camper come from?  Who bought it?  How much does a camper like that cost anyway?  I’ve seen pics of the interior and exterior, and it looks fairly new.

Let's call it a "tiny house."  Then I won't pity Tim so much.  Semantics, you know. 🙂

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Cade’s post on Twitter:

@CadeFoehner

Jan 25

Please, Mods!  We must be given an eye roll emoji!! 🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 10