Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

292B9351-BF22-4D21-BE82-EE43C6B31E64.jpeg

I watched that video.  Phillip is so pale and emaciated that it pains me to look at him.  He’s nothing but skin and bones, and I’m not exaggerating at all.  He’s the one who wants to be a preacher, and Jill has several videos of him preaching.  From the way he looks, he’s either fasting for Jesus more often than not or he has a terminal illness.  He looks like he’s at death’s door.  

It's HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act). 

I'm surprised Timbits was able to spell schizophrenia correctly. As well as dementia and he even called Down syndrome by the proper name (as opposed to Down's which I have sometimes seen). And then he got to "metal disabilities" and all my dreams were shattered, lol!

How exactly was he "trained" to work with these populations? Some people have to go to graduate school to receive training on therapies, evaluations, etc., and then earn a license. 

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I'm surprised Timbits was able to spell schizophrenia correctly. As well as dementia and he even called Down syndrome by the proper name (as opposed to Down's which I have sometimes seen). And then he got to "metal disabilities" and all my dreams were shattered, lol!

How exactly was he "trained" to work with these populations? Some people have to go to graduate school to receive training on therapies, evaluations, etc., and then earn a license. 

Tim is probably a CNA. 

I guessed  that he worked in a group home of some sort. 

26 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Snuggles lives! How? I don't know.

Probably sits next to David and eats all the crumbs/chunks he drops. I picture David as a messy eater.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I think autofill helped him with his spelling, both good and bad. I almost sent this post reading "goof." 😁

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Here's the job description for  a program coordinator from the Midwest health services website:

Program Coordinator

Midwest Family of Companies – Midwest Health Services

Full-time

About Us

The Midwest Mission for its Program Coordinator is to provide person-centered, community-based supports to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

We Are Looking For Someone That

Is self-motivated

Is inspired to make a difference in other’s lives

Is highly organized

Possesses great time management skills

Customer Service driven

Is energized by getting out from behind their desks to engage with others

Strong basic computer skills

Embraces teamwork

Leads by example

Values communication

Believes in employee appreciation

Is willing to learn what they don’t know and build on what they do know

Valid Ohio Driver’s license

Willing to work flexible hours

Current successful Program Coordinators previously worked in

Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities field

Long Term Care – Assisted Living, Nursing Home

Home Health Care

Residential Settings management – apartment complex, congregate living

Settings requiring teamwork – team leader, crew leaders

Out from behind a desk – works in the field

Your Responsibilities Will Include, but are not limited to (full job description available at interview)

Works in a collaborative team process supporting a group of residential homes for individuals with ID/DD

Advocating for the rights of those with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (ID/DD)

Supporting a team of personnel serving individuals with ID/DD in their home and community

Participate as a team member in support of individuals with ID/DD in service plan development

Complete and process documentation of services provided

Works with guardians, family members, friends, in support of the individuals hopes, desires, dreams

Encourages community integration, self-advocacy and independence of individuals

Other duties as assigned by your supervisor

What We Offer You

Benefit package for all employees

Dental Insurance

Life Insurance

Sick Time

Holiday Pay

Job Specific Training and Continuous Learning Opportunities

Promotion Opportunities

Person centered atmosphere and an on call administrative team for support

Flexible schedules

Additional Benefits for Full Time Employees

Vacation time

Health Insurance

I know it's difficult to fill positions in care facilities like this but no way does Timbits fulfill those qualifications.

I shudder to think about how many patients Timbits could've exposed to Covid.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

"children training"? 🤮

Timothy's note sounds like it was written by a small child, but I believe he wrote it. Glad to hear he has a job and is actually doing well there. I wish he sounded less condescending to the people in his care, but hopefully some things were lost in translation and he's kind and supportive to them in person. What Timothy probably thinks is normal when it comes to "training" people would probably curl my hair, and honestly, I wonder what perspective that gives him on his job.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How can Tori say she's surprised that she gets pregnant less than a year after the last baby? You don't use birth control! 

She probably thinks that breastfeeding is a method of contraception

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 4

I'm giving Tim the benefit of the doubt on his condescending tone.  Remember he's really only been exposed to Jill's attitude and way of expressing things.  She calls her sister "severely crippled."  I think the attitude he's trying to express is that he likes helping people and seems to care for them.  Hopefully I am right on that and if he enjoys it, maybe he can find an actual career there.  Of course, I do worry that he might be talking all about Jesus to the clients, which, if I had dementia would be the definition of a living hell.  

• Love 23
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Tim needs to look up what a “metal” disability is.

HIPA, Tim? You may not have given a name, but the rest of the information you gave wasn’t yours to give.

Less fortunate?

OMG

I can’t believe he gave the facility name.

I feel like there are at least 10 things in that stupid post that are grounds for firing.  Just because you didn't post a literal photo of the patient, Tim, doesn't mean you're not violating his privacy.  I hate to call Tim an idiot because he probably doesn't know any better than to brag about his wonderful job in a desperate effort to make himself feel important, but this is certainly not the way to go about it.  

Idiot.

• Love 18

I didn't know what to make of Tim's post, and I still don't. He was reared and educated by a narcissist liar, in what's pretty much a cult like environment, so I'm not sure if he can tell the truth from a hole in the ground. I suppose I'm inclined to feel sorry for Jill's kids, but have realized that doesn't mean I can take anything they say at face value. 

• Love 11

My guess is that the Rod kids are forced to help BestMommyEver create content...or else. And especially when the content addresses multiple criticisms of this messed up family. Timmy does have a real job, check. The Rod kids aren’t criminally undereducated, check. The Rod kids aren’t just selfish prigs for Jesus, check. 

🙄

• Love 7

So, I guess this means Tim's lawn/gutter/whatever business is side hustle.  Which is good.

I feel like Tim might be the breadwinner of his family.  Which is bad.

I don't really have that much of an issue with his post, though it was quite cringe, I feel like he was trying to put his affection for patients into words that he really doesn't have because of his poor education.   If he had the words they probably would have been more like 'even though many patients I have interacted with over the years haven't had their full faculties under their control, they were kind people with good hearts and I felt connected to them' or something.

• Love 15

I wonder if someone warned her it might jeopardize Tim's job (i.e., money) since he works in a sensitive, HIPPA controlled industry? We all know she wouldn't have taken it down because it had misspelled words or was demeaning to patients or anything else. 

• Love 12
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

"Although they may not be all there."

Nice show of sensitivity there, Timbits.

Don't even get me started on "metal disability's." No wonder he flunked out of two colleges.

Sounds like Timbits has given up on the missionary pilot career.  No surprise there.  If he was sent to the hospital to sit with a client, then he must be an aide or another low-paid, non-licensed caregiver.  The job description someone posted confirms that.  It doesn't even require CPR certification.  They probably run some sort of employee training program where they cover the basics over a couple of days, probably no more than a week.  As you might expect, those are very low paying jobs, no wonder he's living in a trailer next to the barndominium.

I would presume that he doesn't work with people with different diagnoses in the same setting; that he worked with them at various facilities or various units.  He had a similar job up in Wisconsin; perhaps he worked with mentally ill clients there and now works with developmentally disabled clients here.  And, of course, many developmentally disabled individuals have other issues like CP or seizures.

Yes, his use of improper terminology is disturbing; as is his lack of understanding of what HIPAA is and what it means.  His characterizations of his clients are insensitive at best.  Of course, he never would've learned the correct way to describe his clients' conditions from his mother who has repeatedly shown an appalling lack of sensitivity to her own sister's medical problems.  I hope someone who works with him has corrected his poor choice of words and let him know the proper and respectful way to discuss the conditions affecting his clients.  Hopefully, that person saw his post and will take him aside and not report him for the umpteen HIPAA violations in it or he will be unemployed.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
31 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

He was reported by a few people in a FB group I belong to. The company replied that it had been dealt with. They did not elaborate.

Any wager on when Jill's next We're So Persecuted post will appear?

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

He can thank his MAMA for that. 

Yep. I don't blame the place at all for firing Tim after that, but I doubt Jill or Tim will place the blame for that where it belongs, on themselves for writing and posting that. 

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Maybe he was reprimanded and agreed to take the post down? That would still count as persecution in their eyes.

It's certainly possible! But it seems like there were multiple fire-able offenses in that post. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Zella said:

It's certainly possible! But it seems like there were multiple fire-able offenses in that post. 

Oh, I agree. But finding workers for those kind of jobs can't be easy. Having to take down Mama's post was bad enough. I can't feel too sorry for him if he did get fired. That post was a dumpster fire of HIPAA violations.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I can't feel too sorry for him if he did get fired. That post was a dumpster fire of HIPAA violations.

Same. There is a tiny inkling of me that feels sorry for him, simply because I really do think he's completely ignorant of why that was so offensive. But that makes him spectacularly unfit for that job, so I'm back to not feeling sorry for him. I feel terrible for Jill's kids, and I root for them to succeed and get away from her, so I do hope Tim learns something from the experience and emerges better for it, regardless of whether the consequences were being fired or disciplined. But I don't think he's going to take away anything useful from it with Mama in his ear squalling about persecution. 

• Love 24

Jill’s kids are so brainwashed/undereducated there is no hope for them to leave the cult and dear mama for good. I feel sorry for them for that. 

I imagine they are all going to bother people to convert them and hate the non believers just like mama. All the Rod kids will be Jill’s mini me’s and grifters.

Edited by iwantcookies

The hospital group I work for is incredibly strict about HIPPA and social media. If I had written Tim's post, I would be terminated. We are allowed to share where we work, but are not allowed to make any reference to patients even if we know them in our personal life (literally one of the examples in the test we take each year is that if my lifelong friend has a baby, I'm not allowed to take a picture or post about me visiting her in the hospital because that's confirming that she is a patient in the care of my employer). So no Tim didn't technically violate the rules of HIPPA but he may have violated the rules his company has provided. And as GeeGolly noted with her example above, he definitely put his toe right on the line of what's HIPPA compliant. At the very least, he should be warned. 

And that's not even getting into his actual word choice about the people he is supposedly such a blessing to. He has no business being in that career if this is how he views his clients. If it were my family member in his care and I saw this post, I would be appalled. 

• Love 21
45 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

The hospital group I work for is incredibly strict about HIPPA and social media. If I had written Tim's post, I would be terminated. We are allowed to share where we work, but are not allowed to make any reference to patients even if we know them in our personal life (literally one of the examples in the test we take each year is that if my lifelong friend has a baby, I'm not allowed to take a picture or post about me visiting her in the hospital because that's confirming that she is a patient in the care of my employer). So no Tim didn't technically violate the rules of HIPPA but he may have violated the rules his company has provided. And as GeeGolly noted with her example above, he definitely put his toe right on the line of what's HIPPA compliant. At the very least, he should be warned. 

And that's not even getting into his actual word choice about the people he is supposedly such a blessing to. He has no business being in that career if this is how he views his clients. If it were my family member in his care and I saw this post, I would be appalled. 

So is the hospital system where I work.  We are strictly advised to not talk about specifics online in forums.  It's ok to say you had a tough day at work, or that it was a sad day; it is not ok to say that 3 patients arrested and died.  What Tim put online would've certainly gotten him called to HR and 'counselled' at the very least.  The insensitive terminology he used in discussing his clients would definitely get a mention.  We have to do a yearly course on respecting diversity in our patients and coworkers; including those with disabilities.  If he was at work and commented that a patient 'was not all there', I would expect a supervisor to speak up and correct his language.  If he cannot do it at work, he should not do it online.

• Love 20
8 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill’s kids are so brainwashed/undereducated there is no hope for them to leave the cult and dear mama for good. I feel sorry for them for that. 

I imagine they are all going to bother people to convert them and hate the non believers just like mama. All the Rod kids will be Jill’s mini me’s and grifters.

I wonder if Tim tried to convert the patients he was working with (which in my opinion would be a good reason for firing him). I can just see him trying to get in good with Jill by coming home and saying “I won four more people for Jesus today, Mama!”

• Love 13

I feel a little sorry for Tim if he got fired or even badly punished. He is caught between a paying job that he seems to like and BEST MOMMA whose demands must be met--including writing stupid posts. But considering the behaviors of his parents, Tim should not be commenting on people who are "not all there."

I guess if he's not sitting in the room with concrete block walls and wearing five layers of clothing for his next podcast (if there is one), something has changed about the job. 

As for being a missionary pilot, in the second podcast, Tim says that he's "burdened" to become a missionary pilot. I think that means he still wants to do it. Unfortunately, just as I don't think Tim is really a manager of anything at the care facility, I don't think he'd be a good bush pilot. Both jobs require the ability to think clearly, communicate properly, and make sound decisions quickly. Tim has not been taught or encouraged to do any of this. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 10

the sad part is if Timothy would just stay off Mama's social media, or have the um.. nerve to tell Mama to quit posting as him, he would have his job without any attention or problems and the godly gutter cleaning business might have flown under the radar for the most part.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I wonder if Tim tried to convert the patients he was working with (which in my opinion would be a good reason for firing him). I can just see him trying to get in good with Jill by coming home and saying “I won four more people for Jesus today, Mama!”

i was wondering about that too. I can't imagine him NOT trying to do so. 

• Love 6

I’m trying to be kind.

Tim is no Einstein himself. I would consider him low IQ based on what I have seen. So for him to use that language to describe his patients is appalling. I can’t imagine him NOT trying to convert people at work. He probably carries bible tracts in his pocket.

• Love 14

Hey Jill and Debi: It's not called training. It's called child abuse. 

Also TimBits has no education. I hope he treats the people he works with well. And him saying that they have mental disabilities.... Ugh. Well... he's right with some. But others are mental illnesses. 

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Same. There is a tiny inkling of me that feels sorry for him, simply because I really do think he's completely ignorant of why that was so offensive. But that makes him spectacularly unfit for that job, so I'm back to not feeling sorry for him. I feel terrible for Jill's kids, and I root for them to succeed and get away from her, so I do hope Tim learns something from the experience and emerges better for it, regardless of whether the consequences were being fired or disciplined. But I don't think he's going to take away anything useful from it with Mama in his ear squalling about persecution. 

I would feel terrible for Tim if Momma wrote and posted it and he had nothing to do with it.  I think that is a good possibility.  Poor Tim.  No education and no future.

• Love 4