Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

And a notebook @ginger90 

I cannot believe Jill posted gifts that probably cost $1 from Plexus 

You're too kind.  If I had received those cheap a**ed prizes, I would not feel like a valued member of the team and I sure wouldn't be posting pictures on Facebook.  I picked up a nicer pen last time I stopped by the dry cleaners.

It looks like this junk was part of the Plexus virtual Leaders Retreat which was a week or so ago.  It was originally scheduled to be held in Arizona but went virtual due to COVID because most people who sell Plexus are smarter than Jill.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill mentioned getting a CASH AWARD for her Plexus successes. She and David are probably out spending it on themselves. 

Well, we know for sure her kids won't see a dime of it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, emma675 said:

If Kelly's mom is falling right and left on a regular basis, I hope that in-home caregiver is permanent. I remember what happened to Mary Duggar, that was awful.

Deanna was living with Mary, but wasn't home when the accident happened. 

Meema needs to be in assisted living. A ten year old "gate keeper" isn't going to cut it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Thanks, ginger90 for that post. Callie is not a professional care giver. She is a child. I hope these people get proper care for Kelly's mom. It's clear this woman is having balance issues and should not be living on her own. I wonder just how much of a damn Kelly gives about her 'non-Gothard" mother? I'm sorry her husband passed away. He seemed like a nice man. Kelly sure is dismissing her mom's grief over losing her husband.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The Gruesome Grifters are BACK! Jill's social media boycott wasn't long enough to teach anybody a lesson. She ought to try again. 

If they paid by themselves, the date night was a soda each and a shared dessert. The tip was a leftover bible tract. 

I bet the box on the table is for taking home whatever that stuff is on the plate. This way they can divvy it up for the kids at home and feel good about themselves that they shared their special dinner with their children.

• Love 1

"Let's go out to eat, then linger maskless afterwards until I can hand my germy disgusting phone to the busy underpaid server to take our picture to humblebrag about how we always go out to eat and then tip the server with a Bible tract."

Gross, these people are so gross.  I feel bad for their server.

• Love 19

David looks very happy in the restaurant photo. With the stimulus checks and Jill's Plexus CASH AWARD, he has weeks to stuff his face with as much food and drink as he wants and not have to worry about working or doing anything useful. What's not to smile about? 

7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

David looks very happy in the restaurant photo. With the stimulus checks and Jill's Plexus CASH AWARD, he has weeks to stuff his face with as much food and drink as he wants and not have to worry about working or doing anything useful. What's not to smile about? 

And also, he may have been thinking that Jill's baby-making days are over and he won't be "blessed" with any new mouths to feed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

Thanks, ginger90 for that post. Callie is not a professional care giver. She is a child. I hope these people get proper care for Kelly's mom. It's clear this woman is having balance issues and should not be living on her own. I wonder just how much of a damn Kelly gives about her 'non-Gothard" mother? I'm sorry her husband passed away. He seemed like a nice man. Kelly sure is dismissing her mom's grief over losing her husband.

Why doesn't Meema have a walker?  That was the step for my mother when she became unsteady.  They have enough family to help that Meema may not need assisted living and now is not really the time to place someone.  Tours should not be happening and frequently new residents have to quarantine.

I agree Kelly seemed very nonchalant about the poor man's passing.  He was important to her mother if not to Kelly and her family. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

And also, he may have been thinking that Jill's baby-making days are over and he won't be "blessed" with any new mouths to feed. 

I don’t get the sense that either David or Jill are particularly concerned about whether they can feed the mouths they have, let alone another blessing. They can always convince one of the kids to fast. 

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 4

Unfortunately, some older daughters would have to remain at home should another baby happen. Jill has to weigh the value of household help (since she doesn't do anything herself) with the prospect of a working son-in-law like Nathan to indulge her restaurant and shopping needs. 

After seeing Nurie's success, surely both Renee and Kaylee are praying for a good marriage and a happy life. Another Rodlet would delay or end  the dreams of at least one of them. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Unfortunately, some older daughters would have to remain at home should another baby happen. Jill has to weigh the value of household help (since she doesn't do anything herself) with the prospect of a working son-in-law like Nathan to indulge her restaurant and shopping needs.

I hope Nathan wakes up and stops indulging her. It is not attractive to grift from your newlywed daughter. Sheesh.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

After seeing Nurie's success, surely both Renee and Kaylee are praying for a good marriage and a happy life. Another Rodlet would delay or end  the dreams of at least one of them.

And after seeing Timothy's disgrace, if an unapproved engagement/courtship was the cause, Phillip, Samuel and Gabriel are equally stuck. dreams crushed before they ever had a chance to dream

Nathan seems like a nice,young man. I imagine he's been taught manners and feels the need to thank the Rods for letting he and Nurie stay there,so he takes them out.I feel like Jill knows this,and takes advantage of it,though

• Love 10
15 hours ago, floridamom said:

In the pictures, her mother seemed to have be on oxygen. 

Pay attention that's the real Kelly coming out! The sweetness is a facade; she's pure poison underneath. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Tori and Bobby Smith are idiots IMO. Tori is such a crank and a lazy person. How will she take care of 3 little kids? I doubt her mother will send over her own daughter-slaves to help. She wants them home to her HER work.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Tori and Bobby Smith are idiots IMO. Tori is such a crank and a lazy person. How will she take care of 3 little kids? I doubt her mother will send over her own daughter-slaves to help. She wants them home to her HER work.

Definitely a laundry room breakdown in Tori's future.  I just can't see that she could handle a large family.

• Love 3

Wow, 3 under 3 years old.

Its so odd that Tori is never in any of Carlin's or Josie's posts. Tori and Carlin were pretty tight for a time and Josie's husband and Carlin's husband were best friends before they met the Bates girls.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Its so odd that Tori is never in any of Carlin's or Josie's posts. Tori and Carlin were pretty tight for a time and Josie's husband and Carlin's husband were best friends before they met the Bates girls

I wonder if that is actually Tori distancing herself a bit because she doesn't approve of Josie and Carlin's choices- they wear pants and don't disguise the fact that they watch tv.  I think Tori is more aligned with Erin these days- they both seem to be keeping closer to the way they were brought up.  I have seen posts on Erin's Instagram where Tori and Bobby and the boys go over for an evening of music.

• Useful 6
13 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I wonder if that is actually Tori distancing herself a bit because she doesn't approve of Josie and Carlin's choices- they wear pants and don't disguise the fact that they watch tv.  I think Tori is more aligned with Erin these days- they both seem to be keeping closer to the way they were brought up.  I have seen posts on Erin's Instagram where Tori and Bobby and the boys go over for an evening of music.

I'm guessing she's trying to get caught up to Erin having 4 kids as well

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How can Tori say she's surprised that she gets pregnant less than a year after the last baby? You don't use birth control! 

I have always been puzzled when women of reproductive age who are engaging in vaginal penile intercourse with men who have not told them that they have had a vasectomy become pregnant and go “I don’t know how this happened!”

Is the “surprise” a modesty thing on Tori’s part? Like “I’m surprised I have been blessed with a pregnancy.” Because it’s like being surprised when you’re eating a bunch of delicious calorie dense foods and then you gain weight. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

Tim needs to look up what a “metal” disability is.

HIPA, Tim? You may not have given a name, but the rest of the information you gave wasn’t yours to give.

Less fortunate?

OMG

I can’t believe he gave the facility name.

edited to add Jill’s comment on the post:

Love you, Bud.  I LOVE your kindness and love for these people!  They are so precious it even makes ME want to cry. ❤️  Keep shining bright, my sweet Timothy! 🙂 Mama xoxo

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 17

Ikr? I got pregnant 10 months after my first baby,but I know how it happened.I was slack with bc.

There must be something about 10 mo. and fertility. I've seen so many other moms who also got pregnant 10 months later,oops babies or just not using bc

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

How can Tori say she's surprised that she gets pregnant less than a year after the last baby? You don't use birth control! 

Wait!!!  Are you saying pregnancy is caused by having sex with no birth control??   Omg, no way...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4