Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, realityfan26 said:

Sure, let your girls hold the messy brooms up to their face at the kitchen counter!  Of course wife is their only choice! They should be playing lawyer, doctor, tradesperson, teacher,

None of which they will ever become......nor will they ever come in contact with the certified/licensed/educated version of any of those professions.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Now I'm just imagining the Rods not knowing that Nurthan went to Texas, only to drive down to Florida to find that no one was there.

Just imagining this makes me laugh like crazy. Jill would deserve this.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5

I imagine Nurie got blessed out by best momma if she didn't tell her they were going to Tx.Nurie is supposed to keep her apprised of all travel! Maybe they thought Jill and family might show up in Tx she told them.I guess they landed on the Keller's doorstep otherwise.Lucky them

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 1

I wonder if Jill, assuming they'd be welcome at the Kellers' in FL for Thanksgiving, lined up some church appearances for that planned trip. Then later found out that, oops, all the Kellers were going to be in TX for Turkey Day. And the Rods weren't invited. I don't remember exactly, but weren't they recently at one or more churches out of town? Maybe she decided they would keep those gigs but not go on to FL? We'll never know because she'll never admit to making any mistakes, or to not being the bestest mama and in-law on the Earth.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Cold sores are HPV 1 and stress can cause outbreaks once you have been exposed to the virus.. It's something she could have had for years that pops up at times. HPV2 is genital herpes, though you can have HPV2 show up orally.

HPV2 is considered an STD and also can cause cancer. The vaccine is now recommenced for men and women up to age 45.

Cold sores are caused by HSV-1, and herpes are caused by HSV-2. HPV causes genital warts.

• Love 3
On 11/28/2020 at 1:21 PM, Jeeves said:

I wonder if Jill, assuming they'd be welcome at the Kellers' in FL for Thanksgiving, lined up some church appearances for that planned trip. Then later found out that, oops, all the Kellers were going to be in TX for Turkey Day. And the Rods weren't invited. I don't remember exactly, but weren't they recently at one or more churches out of town? Maybe she decided they would keep those gigs but not go on to FL? We'll never know because she'll never admit to making any mistakes, or to not being the bestest mama and in-law on the Earth.

The Rods were out and about singing and begging, so this makes sense. They have to book these appearances in advance.  I assumed they made the fruitcakes before they left to give to church people on the way to Florida. I doubt Jill would make gifts for the local people they grift from. 

On 11/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, madpsych78 said:

Now I'm just imagining the Rods not knowing that Nurthan went to Texas, only to drive down to Florida to find that no one was there.

Ha, ha. Not only were Nurthan not home, the house was locked and no spare key could be found. No one answered the phone either. Jill was sitting in the stink van wailing, cheap eye makeup running in rivulets down her face. If she had thought of it, one of those fruitcakes could have broken a window. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 16

As entertaining as it is to imagine the Kellers purposely didn't invite Jill to Thanksgiving and disappeared out of town, I shudder to think the fall out her poor kids would face. Because you know they face her wrath and mood swings when something doesn't go her way. They are probably her easiest and favorite targets. Can't go against the sainted hubby and ranting on social media probably only goes so far to make her feel better. I hope one day one of those kids breaks away and spills all the dirt on her.

• Love 15
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now that Timothy has fallen out of the favor of #bestmamaever , Sammer is now the golden boy.  I hope that Sam is just biding his time until he can GTFO of that insane asylum and live life as a normal guy.  I have a soft spot for Kaylee and Sam, and I hope they’re able to find happiness after escaping the maniac’s clutches.

• Love 10

It's possible that Nathan and Nurie, like many married couples, decided to spend Thanksgiving with his family and Christmas with hers.  

As much as I like the idea of Jill arriving in Florida to find no one home, I think this is how it will play out. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, awaken said:

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that conversation and subsequent brow tweezing tutorial!  😂

Could only watch it on mute, but holy cow her exaggerated facial expressions are disturbing. 

Lol, Kyle does NOT look enthused to be joining Sammer’s birthday celebration!  😁

When I turned 15, the last thing I wanted to do was coerce one of my friends into going out to dinner with me and my parents.  And vice versa.  My parents were pretty good parents, IMO, but the last thing I wanted at that age was to spend an evening with them.  I have a feeling it was pretty mutual, I don't think I was good company for them, either.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Cold sores are caused by HSV-1, and herpes are caused by HSV-2. HPV causes genital warts.

Nowadays, cold sores and genital Herpes can be caused by either HSV-1 or HSV-2.  I'm sure we can all figure out how HSV-1 traveled south of the equator and vice versa.

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

It's possible that Nathan and Nurie, like many married couples, decided to spend Thanksgiving with his family and Christmas with hers.  

As much as I like the idea of Jill arriving in Florida to find no one home, I think this is how it will play out. 

That is true, but that's also assuming Jill is not an unreasonable psycho bitch. She has never shown herself to be very logical or even-keeled, and she also inserts herself into her adult children's lives to a disturbing degree and seems to hold grudges about their perceived lack of effort in kissing her ass. I literally cannot imagine her accepting the fact her daughter spent a holiday with her in-laws and didn't include Jill, even if the plan is to then spend another holiday with Jill. It will be interesting to see if Nurie is on the shit list with Tim after this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Ugh. Please stay home during this pandemic! I know I sound like a broken record, but people traveling out of state to be with family - that you, of course don’t live with - annoy the living crap out of me! We are never going to end this pandemic if people keep doing this. STAY PUT!

*whew* Rant over. Sorry. Please continue on with the regularly scheduled snark. I just feel very strongly about this. Carry on.

29 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

You're in good company, I totally agree.  I've ranted about this very thing, too.

That Keller reunion just made me see red.  And then, they have the balls to have shirts made and boast about their irresponsible selfish asshole behavior on SM.  They're a bunch of brain-dead loonies.

Me three. I feel like I rant about this on here weekly. I wish I could say its just the families on here, yet I see it in my real life too. 😢🤬

• Love 19
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Nowadays, cold sores and genital Herpes can be caused by either HSV-1 or HSV-2.  I'm sure we can all figure out how HSV-1 traveled south of the equator and vice versa.

Sounds like sin in the camp to me 🤣🤣

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

I think maybe the honeymoon did take. There hasn't been a full length picture of Nurie in a while. 

My first guesses are Neriah Jill, Mercy Katelin, Uriah Nathan or Zebulon David.

I'm thinking we'll soon see a chalkboard with Baby Keller Spring 2021, along with a lengthy post about JillR having another SEVERE miscarriage.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Ugh. Please stay home during this pandemic! I know I sound like a broken record, but people traveling out of state to be with family - that you, of course don’t live with - annoy the living crap out of me! We are never going to end this pandemic if people keep doing this. STAY PUT!

*whew* Rant over. Sorry. Please continue on with the regularly scheduled snark. I just feel very strongly about this. Carry on.

I don't disagree. My husband and I spent a quiet Thanksgiving with only our youngest son (who lives with us).  

But you just know these dumbasses will not follow any common sense restrictions, so I can see Nurie and Nathan going to Ohio for Christmas, which, I suppose, is better than the whole Rodrigues circus driving down to Florida with multiple stops along the way.

• Love 6

These pictures of Nurie and Nathan traveling, fine dining, and spending Thanksgiving with the famous Keller family (granted, a stupid move in a pandemic, but . . .) must have caused Jill's cold sore to flare up badly. Jill got stuck with church potlucks and making fruitcakes at home. 

I suspect Nurthan will be on a plane at Christmas with gifts and money for lots of dinners out, gift shop shopping, and other amusements. With airfares, a week's visit will set Nathan back a good thousand dollars if not more. Mollifying the jealous queen isn't cheap. 

• Love 4

That's probably the most food she's ever seen on her plate. I'm glad Nathan is feeding her well. I hope she ate the whole thing!

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think maybe the honeymoon did take. There hasn't been a full length picture of Nurie in a while. 

My first guesses are Neriah Jill, Mercy Katelin, Uriah Nathan or Zebulon David.

I'm thinking we'll soon see a chalkboard with Baby Keller Spring 2021, along with a lengthy post about JillR having another SEVERE miscarriage.

This was posted from their trip to Texas a few pages back. She doesn't look pregnant yet, but it doesn't mean she isn't. I'm fully with you that Jill will make it all about her "miscarriage" when Nurie does announce she's pregnant.

IMG_6425.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I wonder if the Rods are pushing hard to have the next girl in line date (oops, "court") Nathan's oh-so-eligible brother?  Actually, a dream come true for JRod would be a double wedding with the two not-Nuries and the Duggar twins.

Edited by kaleidoscope
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, kaleidoscope said:

I wonder if the Rods are pushing hard to have the next girl in line date Nathan's oh-so-eligible brother?  Actually, a dream come true for JRod would be a double wedding with the two not-Nuries and the Duggar twins.

I think the Duggars do not spend time with the Rodrigueses. The Kellers have probably had enough of Jill by now too. Are there any eligible Dinguses? 

• Love 5

I think the Dingiii are the most likely next targets. It also wouldn't surprise me if she gets so mad over the Nurie thing that she doesn't permit any courtships for a good long while. 

• Love 5

If I had raised my siblings like Jilldo's older girls, I would probably have remained childless by choice.  Of course, I wasn't raised to believe having an army of kids was my only choice.

Question:  I read but don't post on Reddit.  Does anyone here know what Jillpm means?  I see it used a lot over there.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

If I had raised my siblings like Jilldo's older girls, I would probably have remained childless by choice.  Of course, I wasn't raised to believe having an army of kids was my only choice.

Question:  I read but don't post on Reddit.  Does anyone here know what Jillpm means?  I see it used a lot over there.

Jill recently received a certificate from Plexus, which listed her name as "Jillpm Rodrigues." Why her name was written that way is a mystery, but Jillpm caught on.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

Jill recently received a certificate from Plexus, which listed her name as "Jillpm Rodrigues." Why her name was written that way is a mystery, but Jillpm caught on.

I was thinking maybe perimenopausal or post menopause. 😁

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 8