Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I get cold sores, too (bane of my life 😞) and I can’t imagine doing a closeup Instagram video while having one!  I just want to hide from the world!

1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

Nathan looks like he could be Nurie's dad. Use sunscreen!!

He looks positively ancient. Ever hear of sunglasses, buddy?  Where is his bible degree from?  Liberty or bob Jones or somesuch?

• Laugh 3

10 minutes ago, awaken said:

I get cold sores, too (bane of my life 😞) and I can’t imagine doing a closeup Instagram video while having one!  I just want to hide from the world!

He looks positively ancient. Ever hear of sunglasses, buddy?  Where is his bible degree from?  Liberty or bob Jones or somesuch?

Genetics play a big, big role in wrinkles. Some people are wrinkly at 17, some people are not wrinkly when they're old enough for AARP. 

I don't think Nathan went to real college. I'm guessing his "degree" is from some online diploma mill that fundies use. 

ETA: I was right. It looks like something called Independent Baptist Bible College, which is not accredited. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 3
  • Useful 5

Disclaimer: No idea if this is legit. It's possible it's a cosplaying snarker. 

A baby registry was found for Nurie Keller in Florida. Due date June 4, 2020. It seems a bit soon to announce this pregnancy, but Whitney Bates announced a pregnancy today also due in June.  It seems legit to me, but it could be a fake. Nurie turns 22 in April.  She and Nathan will be married 10 months and 1 week on June 4. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

10 hours ago, louannems said:

Just when I had hoped that Nurie and Nathan would pull back from fundamentalism, they prove otherwise.  The matchy, matchy clothes prove it!

I don't recall seeing anything about either of them that showed any inclination for independent thinking. They seem like a nice young couple and I hope they are happy together, but they also seem to be solid followers of the religion that both their families so enthusiastically belong to. Didn't we see - months ago - that Nathan preached to the Rods' church in Ohio? Or was it to a church somewhere else? Anyway, IIRC he was up there preaching loud and proud for the correct family Jesus.

Did I miss something about either of them that would suggest they would pull away? 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 11

If Nathan is looking to minister then he would basically have to travel to the church to "audition", so to speak.  And depending on the congregation's attitudes about masking and social distancing, pandemic be damned.

My father-in-law did that earlier this fall.  Drove hundreds of miles or whatever on Friday evening/Saturday and then after his sermon and a chat with the church leaders turned around and went home Sunday afternoon to go to work at his second job on Monday evening.  (he was totally masked up except actually on the pulpit from what I understand)

• Like 4

I never expected Nurthan to break away from their cultish beliefs. I'm just happy they're not living in Jill's pocket and allowing her to dictate their lives. 

While it doesn't look like Nurie has gained any weight, Nathan definitely has.

• Like 12

53 minutes ago, ms.o said:

Nurie looks gorgeous in the last photo.  No forced smile, she seems at peace.  

I see a halter strap swimsuit peeking out from under her t-shirt!  Hopefully it's a real swimsuit!

• Like 11
  • Surprise 2

4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Well, Jill claims it is kind of a second honeymoon.  Because they've been married almost 6 months.  Doesn't everyone take multiple honeymoon trips in their first year of marriage?

They probably need more special time to get pregnant, since the first honeymoon didn't take.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

23 hours ago, Temperance said:

Disclaimer: No idea if this is legit. It's possible it's a cosplaying snarker. 

A baby registry was found for Nurie Keller in Florida. Due date June 4, 2020. It seems a bit soon to announce this pregnancy, but Whitney Bates announced a pregnancy today also due in June.  It seems legit to me, but it could be a fake. Nurie turns 22 in April.  She and Nathan will be married 10 months and 1 week on June 4. 

I definitely believe it could be true!  

7 hours ago, ms.o said:

She does!  I also see a resemblance to Renee here!  I also hope it’s a real swimsuit!  And Nathan again squinting into the sun!  He went to the Jill Dillard school of photo taking. 

• Laugh 15

17 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

JillRod must be seething...

I think Jill is circling the drain.  Between Nurie leaving home and you-know-who leaving the WH, I think Jill is having some kind of psychotic break.  I think she also has some kind of thyroid malfunction which is probably adding fuel to the fire.  And now if Nurie is pregnant, but Jill may never be pregnant again?  My heart breaks for those poor, pitiful kids having to live with that raging lunatic. 💔

• Like 5
  • Sad 18

12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Jill is circling the drain.  Between Nurie leaving home and you-know-who leaving the WH, I think Jill is having some kind of psychotic break.  I think she also has some kind of thyroid malfunction which is probably adding fuel to the fire.  And now if Nurie is pregnant, but Jill may never be pregnant again?  My heart breaks for those poor, pitiful kids having to live with that raging lunatic. 💔

Jill is always a sorry mess. However, she definitely looks worse than usual. I'm glad she isn't having any luck producing another unfortunate kid to throw on the pile. 

I hope Nurie has a swimsuit she's not choosing to show Best Mama. Nathan wears shorts and swim trunks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed he's encouraging Nurie to have play clothes too. 

• Like 9

20 hours ago, ms.o said:

Yes she does!  But I wish someone (Rebecca, or Susanna) would help Nurie with her eyebrows, she is plucking them out of existence.  

• Like 13

2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

It has to be killing Jill that Nurie is spending the holiday at a cushy beach house while she's scrounging the South for spare change. I wonder if the Rods expected an invite?

• Like 9

The fruitcakes are cracked on top--not a good sign for a baked good that is supposed to be soft and moist. Did the fruitcakes get stacked in the stink van and handed out to sweet church friends on the long drive to Florida? Nothing says holidays like dry, over-baked fruitcake. 

Nuts and candied fruits are expensive. Wonder who paid for the ingredients?

• Like 9

Ok my fruitcake baking experience is non-existent as I hate it, but what on earth did she use Karo syrup in? And just imagine that first mouthful of long hair and dried up fruit, yum.

• Laugh 5

Morons.  Fruitcake is made with fruit that has been soaked in booze, you use a water bath so the cake doesn't crack, and you make it months in advance so you can repeatedly soak it with more booze to cure it.

• Like 9
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 4

7 minutes ago, Quof said:

Morons.  Fruitcake is made with fruit that has been soaked in booze, you use a water bath so the cake doesn't crack, and you make it months in advance so you can repeatedly soak it with more booze to cure it.

Yeah I don't generally like fruitcake, but my grandmother's is excellent, and she bakes them with a pan of water in the bottom of the stove for moisture. I bet Jill's is like eating fucking concrete. 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 5

8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So its not true that there's really only one fruit cake that has been passed throughout the country over time? 🤔

I think that is true, at least for the commercially prepared fruitcakes. They don't even make them anymore, just recirculate. 🤢

• Laugh 9

I agree,Jill needs to have her thyroid checked.Her eyes remind me of my mom's,and she had Grave's disease.Jill also seems like she might be manic from it.Jmo

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

My father made excellent fruitcake. The cakes were very dark and moist with tons of fruit and nuts. Today's fruitcakes have too much flour and too little fruit and nuts. He sometimes doused the whole cake with rum or bourbon, but those were the really special ones. Kirkland brand looks good, but I don't need a 3.5 pound fruitcake in my life. Jill's would not tempt me. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Quof said:

That sounds delicious can you send me one ? Haha

I never had a fruitcake 

• Like 1

My grandmother made a light fruitcake that was delicious.  No raisins, no nuts, no liquor, just candied fruit and peel, and whole glace red and green cherries.  My husband loved it, my kids not so much.  I stopped making them when Mr. 3 developed the type 2 diabetes that unfortunately runs in his family, but my brother still makes a couple every year.

Jill's production line with the minions and their loose hair made me feel slightly ill. And corn syrup?  No.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, sondraK said:

I agree,Jill needs to have her thyroid checked.Her eyes remind me of my mom's,and she had Grave's disease.Jill also seems like she might be manic from it.Jmo

Do they even go to doctors? 

• Useful 1

20 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Do they even go to doctors? 

Doesn't Jesus protect them from common illnesses? Honestly asking, I assumed  that would be her thought process.

We know Jesus' dental plan hasn't worked out so well for the kids, they needed some work there.

I blame the prosecco.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Laugh 6

We know Jill went for prenatal care, because that's when she learned about the issues with Janessa. And then there was mention of taking Janessa to the "neurologist doctor." So I don't think the Rods are particularly averse to medical care.

• Like 5

I finally got a chance to look at the pics of Jill's fruitcakes. They're cracking on the top like molten lava! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just checked my grandma's recipe. She's doesn't use liquor/alcohol for hers, but she uses candied cherries and pineapples, pecans, white raisins, and lemon extract, as well as a lot of butter, in addition to regular cake ingredients. My late uncle introduced me to the wonders of adding extra butter to the slices when they're hot. The man was a genius. It's good stuff. 🙂

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Quof said:

Now THAT sounds like my kind of fruitcake!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I finally got a chance to look at the pics of Jill's fruitcakes. They're cracking on the top like molten lava! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just checked my grandma's recipe. She's doesn't use liquor/alcohol for hers, but she uses candied cherries and pineapples, pecans, white raisins, and lemon extract, as well as a lot of butter, in addition to regular cake ingredients. My late uncle introduced me to the wonders of adding extra butter to the slices when they're hot. The man was a genius. It's good stuff. 🙂

Your grandma's fruitcake recipe is making me want a slice SEVERELY. 

The recipients of one of Jill's fruitcakes, however, will need a reciprocating saw to get into it. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Now THAT sounds like my kind of fruitcake!

I'm not a fan of fruitcake in general, but my partner insisted on making it every year.  At least his way made it tolerable, and lots of friends eagerly awaited their cake.  

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Zella said:

Urgh. I'm glad I don't have to eat that mess that Jill made. I've never had fruitcake that I liked, and AFAIK few if any of them were cooked with booze. Somehow for a few years long ago, I got on a family's annual gift list to receive a fruitcake from the Collin Street bakery in Corsicana, Texas. (The wife had been a neighbor when we were in elementary school and one of my siblings had stayed in touch with her which was at that point my only connection.) Man, those cakes are AWFUL. I dumped the cakes into the trash, washed the decorative tins they came in, and then the tins went straight into the charity shop donation box. If I had money to burn and a revenge list I'd send those horrible cakes to everybody on the list, every year. Heh.

I do think that Jill could indeed be unraveling. She seems more manic than ever. While Nurie OTOH is looking so much better these days. I doubt she's totally escaped the clutches of her mother but at least she's not in her physical presence all the time. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 8

10 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

If I had money to burn and a revenge list I'd send those horrible cakes to everybody on the list, every year.

I like the way you think.  

• Laugh 16

Scarlett45

We may all agree that David Rodriquez is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history.

Hate Speech and Insensitive Language 

Scarlett45

Moderator Announcement- The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.