Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

My father made excellent fruitcake. The cakes were very dark and moist with tons of fruit and nuts. Today's fruitcakes have too much flour and too little fruit and nuts. He sometimes doused the whole cake with rum or bourbon, but those were the really special ones. Kirkland brand looks good, but I don't need a 3.5 pound fruitcake in my life. Jill's would not tempt me. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Morons.  Fruitcake is made with fruit that has been soaked in booze, you use a water bath so the cake doesn't crack, and you make it months in advance so you can repeatedly soak it with more booze to cure it.

That sounds delicious can you send me one ? Haha

I never had a fruitcake 

• Love 1

My grandmother made a light fruitcake that was delicious.  No raisins, no nuts, no liquor, just candied fruit and peel, and whole glace red and green cherries.  My husband loved it, my kids not so much.  I stopped making them when Mr. 3 developed the type 2 diabetes that unfortunately runs in his family, but my brother still makes a couple every year.

Jill's production line with the minions and their loose hair made me feel slightly ill. And corn syrup?  No.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Do they even go to doctors? 

Doesn't Jesus protect them from common illnesses? Honestly asking, I assumed  that would be her thought process.

We know Jesus' dental plan hasn't worked out so well for the kids, they needed some work there.

I blame the prosecco.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 6

I finally got a chance to look at the pics of Jill's fruitcakes. They're cracking on the top like molten lava! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just checked my grandma's recipe. She's doesn't use liquor/alcohol for hers, but she uses candied cherries and pineapples, pecans, white raisins, and lemon extract, as well as a lot of butter, in addition to regular cake ingredients. My late uncle introduced me to the wonders of adding extra butter to the slices when they're hot. The man was a genius. It's good stuff. 🙂

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Quof said:

Morons.  Fruitcake is made with fruit that has been soaked in booze, you use a water bath so the cake doesn't crack, and you make it months in advance so you can repeatedly soak it with more booze to cure it.

Now THAT sounds like my kind of fruitcake!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Zella said:

I finally got a chance to look at the pics of Jill's fruitcakes. They're cracking on the top like molten lava! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just checked my grandma's recipe. She's doesn't use liquor/alcohol for hers, but she uses candied cherries and pineapples, pecans, white raisins, and lemon extract, as well as a lot of butter, in addition to regular cake ingredients. My late uncle introduced me to the wonders of adding extra butter to the slices when they're hot. The man was a genius. It's good stuff. 🙂

Your grandma's fruitcake recipe is making me want a slice SEVERELY. 

The recipients of one of Jill's fruitcakes, however, will need a reciprocating saw to get into it. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Now THAT sounds like my kind of fruitcake!

I'm not a fan of fruitcake in general, but my partner insisted on making it every year.  At least his way made it tolerable, and lots of friends eagerly awaited their cake.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Zella said:

Urgh. I'm glad I don't have to eat that mess that Jill made. I've never had fruitcake that I liked, and AFAIK few if any of them were cooked with booze. Somehow for a few years long ago, I got on a family's annual gift list to receive a fruitcake from the Collin Street bakery in Corsicana, Texas. (The wife had been a neighbor when we were in elementary school and one of my siblings had stayed in touch with her which was at that point my only connection.) Man, those cakes are AWFUL. I dumped the cakes into the trash, washed the decorative tins they came in, and then the tins went straight into the charity shop donation box. If I had money to burn and a revenge list I'd send those horrible cakes to everybody on the list, every year. Heh.

I do think that Jill could indeed be unraveling. She seems more manic than ever. While Nurie OTOH is looking so much better these days. I doubt she's totally escaped the clutches of her mother but at least she's not in her physical presence all the time. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

My mother LOVED fruitcake and I sent her one every month for years. I believe I was their sole customer from April to November. Collins Street Bakery really should have sent me a sympathy card after she died. 

On topic: Jill and fruitcake is just redundant.

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

My mother LOVED fruitcake and I sent her one every month for years. I believe I was their sole customer from April to November. Collins Street Bakery really should have sent me a sympathy card after she died. 

On topic: Jill and fruitcake is just redundant.

Aww, I'm sorry that I maligned your mother's favorite fruitcake. But it's good to know that somebody liked them! Honestly, nobody I knew cared for those cakes; I tried to "generously" share them without much success. Obviously, tastes do differ! 

And, I'm still LMAO over the Jill and fruitcake remark! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Aww, I'm sorry that I maligned your mother's favorite fruitcake. But it's good to know that somebody liked them! Honestly, nobody I knew cared for those cakes; I tried to "generously" share them without much success. Obviously, tastes do differ! 

And, I'm still LMAO over the Jill and fruitcake remark! 

Ha. Don’t worry for a second...my mother loved it...but she was wrong. I think it’s disgusting and so does my sister, so clearly we missed the fruitcake-loving chromosome. Whew!

• LOL 10

Those brooms look filthy, especially the black one. Yuck. Interesting that the girls have to share a bowl of cereal. It doesn't seem out of the question to give each girl her own little bowl rather than exchanging germs. It's not like Jill washes dishes or anything. 

Jill must be preparing them for their own future skimpy wedding receptions. 

Photo spread fail, Jill. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is she in the bathroom?

Yes!  Jill always makes her Make Your Life Count radio show from her bathroom!  Remember her plush, upolstered chair directly across from the toilet?!!!  With the fake, faux fur throw and couch pillows?

I could only watch a few seconds .  Her facial contortions and giant over-pronunciating mouth made me feel ill.

• Love 11

I watched Jill's latest rant on mute and it's insane. Her faces, gestures, and eyes are crazy. I really do wonder if she's got unchecked Graves disease or if Plexus has an unholy amount of caffeine in it. Something is very wrong with her. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

What has Jill been licking to get that cold sore??? Hmmm.

Two possibilities come to mind: Shrek and the microphone in the bathroom a few inches away from the toilet. I bet she puts the lipstick she wipes over the cold sore right back in the communal makeup basket too. 

1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's a new bit she's trying out. A minute is still about 50 seconds too long! 😁

I know its something new she's trying out. I want to know if they are really ONLY a minute long. With her, I'd imagine,  that minute could be much longer. 🙂

On 11/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, sarasue59 said:

Yes she does!  But I wish someone (Rebecca, or Susanna) would help Nurie with her eyebrows, she is plucking them out of existence.  

I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that conversation and subsequent brow tweezing tutorial!  😂

8 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Fruitcake is a marriage expert. Cold sore is taking over her lip.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIGqfCepj1T/?igshid=3tsdse9cu0p5

Could only watch it on mute, but holy cow her exaggerated facial expressions are disturbing. 

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Lol, Kyle does NOT look enthused to be joining Sammer’s birthday celebration!  😁

• Love 6
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:
3 hours ago, beckie said:

Are her rants really only a minute? 

It's a new bit she's trying out. A minute is still about 50 seconds too long! 😁

I wonder if she's thinking about adding a TikTok channel to her social media outlets. Her mania has probably cut into her sleeping so she has to fill that time with something or those kids might want some attention.

• Love 7

Does Jill know that those fancy white dresses and veils on the girls' heads are Catholic First Holy Communion dresses? 

On another note: does any one know if cold sores are from contracting HPV or some type of STD? I really don't know if they are exclusive to those things. Evidently, her husband has been around the block a few times before repenting his actions. I wonder if he carries something from those times.

• Love 7

Cold sores are HSV 1 and stress can cause outbreaks once you have been exposed to the virus.. It's something she could have had for years that pops up at times. HSV2 is genital herpes, though you can have HSV2 show up orally.

And HPV is the cause of genital warts, yes and there is a vaccine for it.

Edited by Chicklet
Brain fart and typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I sniggered at the Communion dresses! She clearly hasn't a clue that there's heathen evil Catholic stuff in her house.

Jill needs to go and see a Doctor right now for her thyroid issues - that coupled with the drugs she's swilling back daily (the magic pink juice IS a drug) is the reason she seems to be off kilter more than usual.

I reckon she's raging that she wasn't invited to the big Thanksgiving feast the Kellers held.  Surely as Anna Keller's nearly Mother-in-Law she should have held state?

Interesting titbit - the Fabulous Dave seems to turn away from Anna's fat slob of a spectacle that I refuse to call a person, there's a visible gap in between them.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Interesting titbit - the Fabulous Dave seems to turn away from Anna's fat slob of a spectacle that I refuse to call a person, there's a visible gap in between them.

Hmmmm. Right after Joshgate broke, he and Josh seemed quite chummy. David and Priscilla were the only ones willing to be seen in public with Josh and Anna. Maybe he was okay with the molestation (because apparently in their world that happens all the time and a quick “I’m sorry, Jesus” makes everything all right again), but was disgusted by the subsequent Ashley Madison scandal (which seems to many of them to be a much bigger deal). He may have decided that two sex scandals made Josh a lost cause.

• Love 4

Rods were saying there were going to Florida for Thanksgiving. My guess The Keller’s and Nurthan were invited to Texas and they went to Texas. Rods probably were not invited or it’s too far to drive.

Jill was probably mad that she didn’t go.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Cold sores are HPV 1 and stress can cause outbreaks once you have been exposed to the virus.. It's something she could have had for years that pops up at times. HPV2 is genital herpes, though you can have HPV2 show up orally.

HPV2 is considered an STD and also can cause cancer. The vaccine is now recommenced for men and women up to age 45.

I have cold sores, and yes, it always coincides with stress. When I'm stressed out, I can have a whole infestation of the shit.

Incidentally, I got some medication my dentist prescribed that has finally cleared them up. 

Maybe if Jill would pull off the Plexus and talk to an actual medical professional, she could get some help for it. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Rods were saying there were going to Florida for Thanksgiving. My guess The Keller’s and Nurthan were invited to Texas and they went to Texas. Rods probably were not invited or it’s too far to drive.

Jill was probably mad that she didn’t go.

If that's what happened, we can be sure Jill was pissed. If we don't hear much about Nurie and Nathan for the next two months, that's probably the reason. Good for Nurie for choosing the in-laws who feed and entertain her to the parents who expect her to feed and entertain them. 

• Love 12