Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Most of the churches in my area are having indoor services along with streaming services, with just a handful only streaming. But, I'm in Idaho and half the people living here don't believe it's as bad as our governor says it is.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

And had covid during the pregnancy.

Wow.I'm glad they're ok.

Isn't Erin usually pregnant again before the last one's first bday? I think she'll announce soon,if the virus didn't interrupt that

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3

Oh my goodness, I hope Nathan doesn't give up his steady income to be drifter grifters like the Rods.

And Jill can't even make it through her Bible study without talking about herself and MAKING SURE we all know her hair is JUST PERFECT.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness, I hope Nathan doesn't give up his steady income to be drifter grifters like the Rods.

And Jill can't even make it through her Bible study without talking about herself and MAKING SURE we all know her hair is JUST PERFECT.

An assistant pastor at a church would receive a regular salary. They don’t have to travel around begging for donations. Plus, Nathan has proven to be a decent worker. I think Nurie’s grifting days are over. 

I wonder if he was interviewing with a couple of different churches. Usually when you get to the “candidate” stage, you’ve interviewed and a preaching a sermon as a “try out.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Jill is lecturing other people about being content with what they have while the witch can't go anywhere without hitting every gift shop in sight? Her cluelessness would be funny if her kids didn't have to do without so she can buy figurines, frumpy home decor, teddy bears, jewelry, scarves, and other personal indulgences. Maybe God sent the cold sore as a warning to mind her mouth. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I get cold sores, too (bane of my life 😞) and I can’t imagine doing a closeup Instagram video while having one!  I just want to hide from the world!

1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

Nathan looks like he could be Nurie's dad. Use sunscreen!!

He looks positively ancient. Ever hear of sunglasses, buddy?  Where is his bible degree from?  Liberty or bob Jones or somesuch?

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, awaken said:

I get cold sores, too (bane of my life 😞) and I can’t imagine doing a closeup Instagram video while having one!  I just want to hide from the world!

He looks positively ancient. Ever hear of sunglasses, buddy?  Where is his bible degree from?  Liberty or bob Jones or somesuch?

Genetics play a big, big role in wrinkles. Some people are wrinkly at 17, some people are not wrinkly when they're old enough for AARP. 

I don't think Nathan went to real college. I'm guessing his "degree" is from some online diploma mill that fundies use. 

ETA: I was right. It looks like something called Independent Baptist Bible College, which is not accredited. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Disclaimer: No idea if this is legit. It's possible it's a cosplaying snarker. 

A baby registry was found for Nurie Keller in Florida. Due date June 4, 2020. It seems a bit soon to announce this pregnancy, but Whitney Bates announced a pregnancy today also due in June.  It seems legit to me, but it could be a fake. Nurie turns 22 in April.  She and Nathan will be married 10 months and 1 week on June 4. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, louannems said:

Just when I had hoped that Nurie and Nathan would pull back from fundamentalism, they prove otherwise.  The matchy, matchy clothes prove it!

I don't recall seeing anything about either of them that showed any inclination for independent thinking. They seem like a nice young couple and I hope they are happy together, but they also seem to be solid followers of the religion that both their families so enthusiastically belong to. Didn't we see - months ago - that Nathan preached to the Rods' church in Ohio? Or was it to a church somewhere else? Anyway, IIRC he was up there preaching loud and proud for the correct family Jesus.

Did I miss something about either of them that would suggest they would pull away? 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 11

If Nathan is looking to minister then he would basically have to travel to the church to "audition", so to speak.  And depending on the congregation's attitudes about masking and social distancing, pandemic be damned.

My father-in-law did that earlier this fall.  Drove hundreds of miles or whatever on Friday evening/Saturday and then after his sermon and a chat with the church leaders turned around and went home Sunday afternoon to go to work at his second job on Monday evening.  (he was totally masked up except actually on the pulpit from what I understand)

• Love 4

I never expected Nurthan to break away from their cultish beliefs. I'm just happy they're not living in Jill's pocket and allowing her to dictate their lives. 

While it doesn't look like Nurie has gained any weight, Nathan definitely has.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Well, Jill claims it is kind of a second honeymoon.  Because they've been married almost 6 months.  Doesn't everyone take multiple honeymoon trips in their first year of marriage?

They probably need more special time to get pregnant, since the first honeymoon didn't take.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Temperance said:

Disclaimer: No idea if this is legit. It's possible it's a cosplaying snarker. 

A baby registry was found for Nurie Keller in Florida. Due date June 4, 2020. It seems a bit soon to announce this pregnancy, but Whitney Bates announced a pregnancy today also due in June.  It seems legit to me, but it could be a fake. Nurie turns 22 in April.  She and Nathan will be married 10 months and 1 week on June 4. 

I definitely believe it could be true!  

7 hours ago, ms.o said:

Nurie looks gorgeous in the last photo.  No forced smile, she seems at peace.  

She does!  I also see a resemblance to Renee here!  I also hope it’s a real swimsuit!  And Nathan again squinting into the sun!  He went to the Jill Dillard school of photo taking. 

• LOL 15
17 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

JillRod must be seething...

I think Jill is circling the drain.  Between Nurie leaving home and you-know-who leaving the WH, I think Jill is having some kind of psychotic break.  I think she also has some kind of thyroid malfunction which is probably adding fuel to the fire.  And now if Nurie is pregnant, but Jill may never be pregnant again?  My heart breaks for those poor, pitiful kids having to live with that raging lunatic. 💔

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Jill is circling the drain.  Between Nurie leaving home and you-know-who leaving the WH, I think Jill is having some kind of psychotic break.  I think she also has some kind of thyroid malfunction which is probably adding fuel to the fire.  And now if Nurie is pregnant, but Jill may never be pregnant again?  My heart breaks for those poor, pitiful kids having to live with that raging lunatic. 💔

Jill is always a sorry mess. However, she definitely looks worse than usual. I'm glad she isn't having any luck producing another unfortunate kid to throw on the pile. 

I hope Nurie has a swimsuit she's not choosing to show Best Mama. Nathan wears shorts and swim trunks, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed he's encouraging Nurie to have play clothes too. 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, ms.o said:

Nurie looks gorgeous in the last photo.  No forced smile, she seems at peace.  

Yes she does!  But I wish someone (Rebecca, or Susanna) would help Nurie with her eyebrows, she is plucking them out of existence.  

• Love 13
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

It has to be killing Jill that Nurie is spending the holiday at a cushy beach house while she's scrounging the South for spare change. I wonder if the Rods expected an invite?

• Love 9

The fruitcakes are cracked on top--not a good sign for a baked good that is supposed to be soft and moist. Did the fruitcakes get stacked in the stink van and handed out to sweet church friends on the long drive to Florida? Nothing says holidays like dry, over-baked fruitcake. 

Nuts and candied fruits are expensive. Wonder who paid for the ingredients?

• Love 9

Morons.  Fruitcake is made with fruit that has been soaked in booze, you use a water bath so the cake doesn't crack, and you make it months in advance so you can repeatedly soak it with more booze to cure it.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, Quof said:

Morons.  Fruitcake is made with fruit that has been soaked in booze, you use a water bath so the cake doesn't crack, and you make it months in advance so you can repeatedly soak it with more booze to cure it.

Yeah I don't generally like fruitcake, but my grandmother's is excellent, and she bakes them with a pan of water in the bottom of the stove for moisture. I bet Jill's is like eating fucking concrete. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So its not true that there's really only one fruit cake that has been passed throughout the country over time? 🤔

I think that is true, at least for the commercially prepared fruitcakes. They don't even make them anymore, just recirculate. 🤢

• LOL 9