Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Now I’ve been sucked into the Plath vortex.  Good lord.  These two have NOT prepared their children for life outside of the farm. In any way, shape or form.  But maybe that was the idea...to keep them there so they would all be like the Duggar’s with most kids on the compound for life. I feel so sorry for the kids:

Ethan...good LORD this man is so naive and childlike.  Olivia is enjoying introducing him to the world...but for how much longer?  Once their first baby arrives this will grow REALLY tiring, having to raise the equivalent of two kids. 

Micah is extremely handsome.  And people will take advantage of this, and him.  He is waaaaay too naive for his line of work.  I’m hoping that he stays on the straight and narrow.  Otherwise he is going to wind up in a place he may not want to be. 

Moriah is doing well for herself, best I can tell. But she has a long way to go.  I’m hoping Olivia will mentor her through this transition.  But Olivia has her own issues to contend with. 

Lydia is the family Jana.  Kim and Barry will never let her go.  Poor girl does it all, so why let her go?  

Kim and Barry need to wake the hell up. Sorry that Kim grew up with an alcoholic parent.  Sad, but it happened.  Take the lessons and, instead of hiding your kids from the real world and instill in them the tools to understand how to cope with it.  You have basically left them to the wolves.  I grew up in an abusive alcoholic home.  I am neither of those things. Because I am capable of seeing right from wrong. And I’ve prepared my children to see the same. And leave your married kids the hell alone.  Ethan is head of his own household.  Let him decide if he wants a dang Coke with his Cap’n Crunch!  The day he married Olivia your oversight of his life ended.  Get over it.  You are the problem here, not them!  You gave up your “piece of heaven on earth” farm to move to town so you could maintain your illusion of control.  Disgusting.  They are both fractured individuals who need therapy in the worst way.  

Isn't Hosanna Plath, Nurie Rodrigues' bestest friend who is not her mother, one of their spawn?  Explains a lot that these two clans are chums.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, the Rods might want to take this virus more seriously. The Cleveland Clinic has nearly 1000 employees out sick with covid.

Yep. And at least one of Ohio's medium-sized cities has reportedly maxed out its (pretty substantial) hospital capacity. Just got a report of a guy with Covid pneumonia who couldn't be accommodated there. He was taken to a hospital in Orrville, the town where the Rods' church is. 

So look out, Jilly, if David the godliest man in the state gets the virus there may be no nearby hospital bed for him. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, the Rods might want to take this virus more seriously. The Cleveland Clinic has nearly 1000 employees out sick with covid.

In just the past two weeks, Lake County, just east of Cleveland; has had 1% of its residents test positive for COVID,  So, whoever it was that said the chances of catching COVID are 1%; well, if you live in Lake County, that happened in TWO WEEKS.  Imagine what percentage of residents will have had COVID when all is said and done.

And, yeah, Clinic is being hit hard.  They are the largest employer in NE Ohio with over 50,000 employees in the area, but it's getting tough out there.

Jill is never going to take the virus seriously.  If she gets it, it will be God's will.  If she doesn't; also God's will.  No sense of personal responsibility or need to conform to societal needs for Jilly.  Nothing is ever her fault.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

It will be “god’s will” if she or anyone else in her family gets it, but they will also have no qualms about rushing to the hospital to be first in line for medical care. I wish those who refuse to take precautions would just let “god” take care of them at home if they get sick. 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If she’s posting in real time, they’re in  North Carolina.

I was out running errands yesterday and passed a local restaurant where a bus was parked.  The bus had "Country Time" on the front windshield.  Now I'm wondering if it was them!

• LOL 2

Jill has a video on IG where she’s doing a “Minute With Jill” Bible verse thing.  Man, she looks rough, REALLY rough.  I didn’t think that it was possible, but she has on even more eye makeup than usual, and her hair is totally fried.  She looks worse than I ever seen her look.  In the coffee shop video, it appears that no one was wearing a mask.  Masks are mandatory where I live.  You can’t go anywhere without one on.  All restaurants, coffee shops, etc. require you to wear a mask until your food is setting in front of you.  In the recent church service that Jill videoed, I didn’t see one person with a mask on, and the sanctuary was almost full.  I don’t understand how the Rods haven’t been infected by now.  They’re giving the🖕🏻to those of us who are trying our hardest to keep people safe.

• Love 6

Someone on FJ found that the NC pastor is in Ohio leading a revival at a church close to an hour away from the Rodriguii.  Maybe they didn't travel very far.  Although having an indoor revival the weekend before Thanksgiving with no mask wearing or distancing seems the height of folly right now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Every. Single. Set of pictures she posts has to have at least one with everyone making a weird face or sticking out their tongues.  Sorry Jill, it’s not funny or cute after the millionth time.  Just stop.

Also not cute if you are over the age of 12.

• Love 15

Yiles! Jill’s caterwauling is something else. She screeches louder than anyone. And her constant videoing in a Church is unbelievable!

there’s a hussy with bare shoulders and green hair and a child in jeans😱😱😱 such loose trollops in the same place than miss holy of the holiest?

1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

If Jill gets it she's just going to double up on her miracle oil, Plexus.

Shes been ill with a “cold” recently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

Yiles! Jill’s caterwauling is something else. She screeches louder than anyone. And her constant videoing in a Church is unbelievable!

there’s a hussy with bare shoulders and green hair and a child in jeans😱😱😱 such loose trollops in the same place than miss holy of the holiest?

Shes been ill with a “cold” recently.

I had to go back and look for the green haired hussy! 😄 I’d like to know what the purpose of that latest church video was.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why she videoed that and put it on SM??

• LOL 3
57 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I had to go back and look for the green haired hussy! 😄 I’d like to know what the purpose of that latest church video was.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why she videoed that and put it on SM??

To showcase her catterwailing? Just guessing

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

To show how often she goes to church and how godly and awesome singer she is. 

And to show us heathens how much more godly she is. (I know that sentence is severely wrong... but you all know what I am saying... )

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Kaylee is up for sale. Hard times at the Rod Ranch. 

I’m afraid that you’re right about that.  Kaylee is a beautiful girl who, IMO, can’t wait get out of that hell she’s living in.  I’m just hoping that she’ll meet a nice guy who will make her happy.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m afraid that you’re right about that.  Kaylee is a beautiful girl who, IMO, can’t wait get out of that hell she’s living in.  I’m just hoping that she’ll meet a nice guy who will make her happy.

I've noticed that there hasn't been much on Nurie and Nathan from Jill.  I hope it means that they're having tons of fun and have realized that close contact with Mama is not in their best interest.  The less involved she is, the happier they will be, IMO.  Or, perhaps they are expecting, and Jill is so jealous that she cannot bring herself to mention it online.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
42 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

...or girl...

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Granted, I'm an atheist so I'm probably not going to go to anymore church services, but the thought of being around all those people singing forcefully with their mouths wide open makes my skin crawl now. All those free-flying moisture droplets just filled with other people's germs?!? Ack, ick, yuck!

I feel the same way about buffets and salad bars, even with the sneeze guards.

• Love 23
31 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Granted, I'm an atheist so I'm probably not going to go to anymore church services, but the thought of being around all those people singing forcefully with their mouths wide open makes my skin crawl now. All those free-flying moisture droplets just filled with other people's germs?!? Ack, ick, yuck!

A couple of weeks ago during our weekly state COVID update, it was stated that Arkansas virus cases were happening in churches that were otherwise following the rules, and they were tracing it back to maskless singing. So, yeah. Definitely not a good idea.

• Love 7

In addition to being in a crowded, happening place such as a bar, singing, blowing out candles and even hardy laughter take on whole new meanings now. Lets hope we come out the other side with a healthy respect for germ sharing and not anything more.

I saw a meme the other day saying, "I guess we can't use the phrase avoid it like the plague anymore, because people don't do that". That sums up the Rods, Duggars, Bates, Caldwells and many, many more.

• Love 23
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

I’ve gone to church my entire life (My Baby Book lists my first trip as “to church”), and I refuse to go in person right now. Even with masks, all those people in one room, singing, is enough to send me into an anxiety attack. (I feel the same about movie theaters and indoor dining). 

I just can’t understand people who are SO determined to go to in person services right now. 

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I get the feeling it's become the saintly act of rebellion against secular society that many in this cluster of people have wanted to have for a long time. The liberal-secular-establishment-persecutes-conservative-Christians talk has gone on for ages, but they've had little specific they could point to to verify it except for things like not allowing discrimination against LBGQT folks and the pretty invisible "war on Christmas' and such.  

They did argue that legalized gay marriage oppressed them of course, but it was a hard thing to argue since making the case that you have a right to continue to oppress somebody else just for the hell  heaven of it comes off both convoluted and mean. 

But now, they themselves are affected daily by mask requirements and restrictions on public gatherings including churches! So the oppression they've long complained about is finally real and active in their lives each day!

So they want to make the most of it. Show the world that they are the most suppressed and discriminated-against group in the land although they're doing it all for Jesus. It's persecution they can prove as long as they keep singing in crowded churches when secular authority tells them not to. 

You hit the nail on the head. 

My friend's church that she is a pastor at (well one in training) is still holding virtual services. Her church is also LGBTQ friendly and racially diverse. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8

Yes. And their Constitutional right to freedom of religion is being taken away by the ebul government. The right-wing white evangelicals are big on the Constitution when they can use it to benefit them. Anyway, the virus is a hoax, and they need to gather to fight that darn War on Christmas again this year. 

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I get the feeling it's become the saintly act of rebellion against secular society that many in this cluster of people have wanted to have for a long time. The liberal-secular-establishment-persecutes-conservative-Christians talk has gone on for ages, but they've had little specific they could point to to verify it except for things like not allowing discrimination against LBGQT folks and the pretty invisible "war on Christmas' and such.  

They did argue that legalized gay marriage oppressed them of course, but it was a hard thing to argue since making the case that you have a right to continue to oppress somebody else just for the hell  heaven of it comes off both convoluted and mean. 

But now, they themselves are affected daily by mask requirements and restrictions on public gatherings including churches! So the oppression they've long complained about is finally real and active in their lives each day!

So they want to make the most of it. Show the world that they are the most suppressed and discriminated-against group in the land although they're doing it all for Jesus. It's persecution they can prove as long as they keep singing in crowded churches when secular authority tells them not to. 

Churches have more rights than bars right now. So see, they got this one wrong too. They're not that special or that persecuted. Poor things.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

I'm sure the Rods won't be interested in a Covid vaccine for fear of being tracked by the deep state, new world order, and/or Bill Gates and his darn micro-microchips. That said, I hope child protective services is investigating them for neglecting to feed and educate their brood of children. Since the Rod 'rents are always crying persecution, someone ought to chase them.  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Except - in many areas, including mine, the closures and the capacity decreases, etc, apply to everything BUT churches. So they are getting exempted and allowed to do things restaurants and stores or not. So privileged, not persecuted.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Churches have more rights than bars right now. So see, they got this one wrong too. They're not that special or that persecuted. Poor things.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Restaurants and stores here are not required to post signs outside stating masks are required to enter, etc, but churches ARE NOT.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In addition to being in a crowded, happening place such as a bar, singing, blowing out candles and even hardy laughter take on whole new meanings now. Lets hope we come out the other side with a healthy respect for germ sharing and not anything more.

I saw a meme the other day saying, "I guess we can't use the phrase avoid it like the plague anymore, because people don't do that". That sums up the Rods, Duggars, Bates, Caldwells and many, many more.

Every time I see a TV show with people close together, laughing in each other's spaces, all I think now is I visualize all the spit particles flying!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Zella said:

A couple of weeks ago during our weekly state COVID update, 

ours are daily from the governor and daily from the mayor of los angeles plus online updates for our county.  also, we are in the most restrictive level of stay-at-home in my area. restaurants in los angeles area cannot even have outdoor dining.  we still can, for today anyway. oh and churches....ours are either shut down and going online OR outdoors only.  no church activities allowed here at all. and its been that way since the beginning of this. i  personally am on hard lockdown at my own discretion. it is hard because husband likes to eat out at restaurants and i just dont feel okay about it. i have gone a few times but have taken a step way back as of last monday. 

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Except - in many areas, including mine, the closures and the capacity decreases, etc, apply to everything BUT churches. So they are getting exempted and allowed to do things restaurants and stores or not. So privileged, not persecuted.

Absolutely! But everywhere they've got the exemptions, they got them by playing this exact persecution card. 

And for the first time they have something they can call persecution that actually sorta kinda looks like persecution (if you squint hard...). A lot harder (though of course not impossible) to make that Conservative-Christians-Being-Horribly-Persecuted! argument about stuff like gay people being protected from discrimination! 

The public-health measures proposed everywhere gives them the excuse they've longed for to play up their persecution claims hard not just in places that are relatively friendly to it but everywhere. Making a big fuss about the paramount importance of having live, crowded, mask-free, loud-singing church services is part of that! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

ours are daily from the governor and daily from the mayor of los angeles plus online updates for our county.  also, we are in the most restrictive level of stay-at-home in my area. restaurants in los angeles area cannot even have outdoor dining.  we still can, for today anyway. oh and churches....ours are either shut down and going online OR outdoors only.  no church activities allowed here at all. and its been that way since the beginning of this. i  personally am on hard lockdown at my own discretion. it is hard because husband likes to eat out at restaurants and i just dont feel okay about it. i have gone a few times but have taken a step way back as of last monday. 

But churches like Jinjer’s are still meeting.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Making a big fuss about the paramount importance of having live, crowded, mask-free, loud-singing church services is part of that! 

Which would be fine if we were allowed to brick the doors closed and put bars on the windows while they're inside so they can quarantine together. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

in my experience, it is a few specific churches that are in defiance. none around my area are meeting, that i know of. my BIL goes to one about an hour away that is meeting in defiance of the order.  i think he is being foolish. i could go to outdoor services but i choose not to. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And praying praying praying that their brave resistance against the bigoted persecutors (public health officials!) will finally alert the world to how conservative Christians are being misused and abused in this degenerate land in this degenerate century!

And then we'll all finally see the light and clamor for their restoration to their proper place as our ultimate overlords. 

Why do I think this is the dream of MacArthur and a bunch of others? like Jill R ...😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm sure the Rods won't be interested in a Covid vaccine for fear of being tracked by the deep state, new world order, and/or Bill Gates and his darn micro-microchips. That said, I hope child protective services is investigating them for neglecting to feed and educate their brood of children. Since the Rod 'rents are always crying persecution, someone ought to chase them.  

Definitely no vaccine for Rods. I am getting one when it’s available. 

I think Jill and David are fools. 

Nurie is probably pregnant by now. Jill is probably not saying  anything because she is trying to get pregnant lol. Jill wants the big announcement that both are pregnant together!

• Love 4