Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Micah Plath with I assume is his girlfriend. Wowza 

Nike! X 100

A0D4C24B-E21F-45DE-A4AB-0781B29CC7DE.jpeg

The girl with Micah is also a model. They have done a few modelling sessions together. She helped him out when he first started to model and they became good friends. This picture could be from a photo shoot. Or they could be dating now.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Jesus did get kinda salty with the money changers in the temple (knocking over their kicks, basically), as those of us who are pro social justice Jesus like to to remind the prosperity gospel crew. Otherwise, no, it's all "turn the other cheek and bless those that curse you". No exceptions for high powered assault rifles given (if that's what those are, I'm Canadian and haven't seen many, sorry). 

Jinx! Oldernowiser

Hey I'm Canadian too!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ozziemom said:

IIRC there are 3 boys (Philip, Peter and Paul) and 2 girls (Davis and Destiny) ranging in age from about 1-7

Davia and Destiny.I'm surprised they don't have a David Jr.Maybe he's next

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

So far they've been using P names for the boys and D names for the girls. 

Has that been confirmed? They've also been alternating P and D names, and they keep alternating genders. Pris needs to have another boy next so we can see if he's a P or a D.

Regardless, I doubt they'd have a David and a Davia. Although of course Priscilla's mom has Anna and Susanna, and the Duggars have way too many similar names, so who knows...

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Watched a couple of seconds. I don't agree with the content, but he wasn't half bad. Maybe my expectations are low because I wasn't even sure the man could speak. 🙃

He’s a better speaker than Jeremy IMO.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sondraK said:

Davia and Destiny.I'm surprised they don't have a David Jr.Maybe he's next

When they announced they were expecting another girl, I speculated that all the girls born to the Wallers would be named some variant of David. Davida, Davee, Davinia, etc. I was disappointed that Destiny was selected.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Has that been confirmed? They've also been alternating P and D names, and they keep alternating genders. Pris needs to have another boy next so we can see if he's a P or a D.

Regardless, I doubt they'd have a David and a Davia. Although of course Priscilla's mom has Anna and Susanna, and the Duggars have way too many similar names, so who knows...

And Pris and Anna's mom is Suzette.

They could alternate the next 5 and have a David Jr boy, and Paula for a girl

Edited by sondraK
11 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

The girl with Micah is also a model. They have done a few modelling sessions together. She helped him out when he first started to model and they became good friends. This picture could be from a photo shoot. Or they could be dating now.

She reminds me of Sasha on General Hospital,if anyone watches that

On 11/14/2020 at 10:34 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Correction: He devoted ALL of his adult life to IBLP/ATI.

I'm shocked that he left. That was a prime position, and I'm sure it beats pastor's pay.

Perhaps he purposed in his heart to have interactions with a pecan that could not be righteously fulfilled...

• LOL 10

Huh. I may need to hear Jeremy "preach" to hear just how bad he really is. I agree that David wasn't too bad. That may be what drew JillRod to him. 

Hearing all these P and D names along with Anna, "Prisanna" came to mind. Which actually would not be that horrible. Probably on the same level as Maryella. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Huh. I may need to hear Jeremy "preach" to hear just how bad he really is. I agree that David wasn't too bad. That may be what drew JillRod to him. 

Hearing all these P and D names along with Anna, "Prisanna" came to mind. Which actually would not be that horrible. Probably on the same level as Maryella. 

Or Davianna

• Love 1

I just watched a few minutes of Jeremy's preaching and I think the problem is that he comes off too professor-like. Shrek comes off as a more effective preacher because he's appealing to the emotions rather than trying to sound super-scholarly. While Jeremy is likely legitimately more educated than Shrek, I think it is working against Jeremy's favor as a preacher.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

It's two different schools of preaching.  Shrek is pure IFB fire and brimstone.  It's all about the fear of God and proof texts whether in context or not.  Get the crowd going with emotion.  Jeremy is going to a school that prides itself on exegetical analysis.  It is indeed supposed to be an academic approach.  No sermon I've ever heard at that church was anything else.  I've heard physics lectures that weren't as dry.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Even though I love academia, I've always preferred the more down-to-earth, practical approach to preaching as opposed to the more "scholarly" type. The latter oftentimes comes off condescending, unwelcoming and snobbish, whereas the former is more appealing and can help with day-to-day application of the message.  For me, if a preacher tries to show his/her superiority to his/her congregation, I tune out the whole sermon. You've gotta be likeable and relatable, just like all jobs in the public eye.

• Love 14