Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 9/12/2020 at 3:56 PM, lianau said:

I guess her brother in law deserves an award for not cheating on his SEVERELY broken necked wife  now that she's useless  (according to Jill at least ).

I wish I could work up some outrage at JillyRod using her sister's accident (with a bloody freaking picture!) as a way to drum up sympathy FOR HERSELF, but I can't say I'm surprised.

She is vile. Loathsome.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, awaken said:

This makes me angry. They don’t deserve anyone’s thoughts and prayers for their challenging time. They brought it on themselves and have no shame flouting guidelines and endangering others, and their own children. 

I wonder if any of them have long term damage from covid; that’s more scary than  handling the illness.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, awaken said:

Why doesn’t she see families when out?  That’s bizarre, I see them everywhere. Insulting “fat ladies” when her husband is huge?  And blue hair when she colors hers?  What would be wrong with a baby or children being with a fat parent and their grandma?  I assume everyone in their godly church is thin?  

She looks okay for a mother of 13, but she's packing on some pounds now.  She shouldn't be so judgmental, but then, she wouldn't be Jill.  And yes Jill, I really believe that Kaylee said that about the fat tattooed mother.  Just like I thought that Nurie called women who don't wear dresses sluttish.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Zella said:

I routinely read things Jill posts that are so offensive that all I can say is "what a fucking c***." And that's literally all I can think. Of all people, who the fuck is she to judge other people's families? 

Word.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, sarasue59 said:

She looks okay for a mother of 13, but she's packing on some pounds now.  She shouldn't be so judgmental, but then, she wouldn't be Jill.  And yes Jill, I really believe that Kaylee said that about the fat tattooed mother.  Just like I thought that Nurie called women who don't wear dresses sluttish.

Well, what else have the girls heard? All their lives their lives their mother has judged people harshly.  I bet they have never heard her say anything kind about someone who looks different and because they do not go to school they have no other model. 

• Love 17
17 hours ago, drafan said:

Surrounded by skeletons that look like my children!

ETA: My joke may fall flat due to the fact that drafan's hilarious comment about the scarecrow looking just like Jill not showing up easily. Oh, well!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Exactly, if a young child actually said those things; it is indicative of poor parenting that Jill didn't correct her and tell her that criticizing the appearance of others is wrong.

Exactly. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Exactly, if a young child actually said those things; it is indicative of poor parenting that Jill didn't correct her and tell her that criticizing the appearance of others is wrong.

Also, in the 1950's ideal family pic that Jill posted, the mother figure has sluttish bare shoulders.  Jill should've asked Jana Duggar to photoshop a tee shirt under her dress.

Or as King James wrote in Matthew 7:1:  "Judge not, that ye not be judged".

Jill's children struggle daily to please "Momma". Thus, NotNurie will of course make a judgmental comment that she knows will please the everlastingly judgmental Jill. The girl will not have a thought of her own until she is married and even then her thoughts will be those of her husband. I feel so hopeless for those poor, underfed children! And it seems the boys are even worse off than the girls 😞

• Love 3
On 9/23/2020 at 1:22 PM, GeeGolly said:

Every time I read Hosanna's name, my head starts background singing Oh Susanna. 

Mine starts singing a church song from my childhood:

"Hosanna! Hosanna! Shout to the lord with a voice of triumph.
Praise him! Praise him! Shout to the lord with a voice of praise."

Unfortunately, that is the only part of the song I remember and it's going to hang around all day!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Mine starts singing a church song from my childhood:

"Hosanna! Hosanna! Shout to the lord with a voice of triumph.
Praise him! Praise him! Shout to the lord with a voice of praise."

Unfortunately, that is the only part of the song I remember and it's going to hang around all day!

I am a heathen Catholic and the first thing that comes to my mind is:

Hosanna
Hey Sanna Sanna Sanna Hosanna
Hey Sanna Hosanna
Hey JC, JC won't you smile at me?
Sanna Hosanna
Hey Superstar

Thanks, Andrew Lloyd Webber.

• LOL 9
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, Heathen said:

Timmy's chin reminds me of Kurt Cobain's. Not that any Rod kid would ever have the slightest clue who Kurt Cobain was. 

To be fair, I doubt that many kids in the age range of the Rodlets have the slightest clue who Kurt Cobain was. 

And now I feel old...really, really old.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She has her FB set so that only “close friends” can comment on her posts.  Jill knows how hated she is, but she so closed-minded and egotistical that she refuses to think about WHY she is so despised.  She thinks she’s hated because she’s Christian, but I can assure her that she couldn’t be more wrong.

From your keyboard to God's ears.

• Love 10

Most people want their kids to be better off financially as well as educationally, but that's no concern of our hateful Jill. She and tubby only care about themselves. And appearing as "christian" as possible.

Yea in quotes cuz she has no idea of what that means.

• Love 13

Oh Jilly Bean those two women you saw with a baby were a lesbian couple (I would love someone to say that to her, watch her head explode). Also what’s the problem with a grandma going shopping, with her daughter and grandchild? Don’t even get me started on judging someone’s appearance has she looked in the mirror. 

• Love 21

Jill is also conveniently leaving out the time of day she is out shopping.   Dad is at work 11am on a Tuesday and can't go with his wife and kids to Aldi.  Or 2pm on a Thursday.   The Amish men can because they are self employed. 

And also, most 1950s dads did not go with the wife and kids either.   The image Jill used is of a family at leisure. Shopping has never been a family leisure activity,  usually.   I know many families in my area who shop at Walmart together on the weekends.  Jill's argument would have been stronger if her scenario was a Saturday afternoon at the park.  The premise of the meme and her diatribe is still fundamentally wrong though.

• Love 21

Jill needs to realize that she has posted pictures of herself and her daughters out at coffee shops, etc. Perhaps people who saw them in the coffee shop thought that Jill was a single mom and judged her just as she is judging others. Not that I really think anyone other than Jill would be that hateful. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She has her FB set so that only “close friends” can comment on her posts.  

As long as the close friends don’t tag along with her and her children when they’re running errands. 

(I knew I was a heathen, but I didn’t know I was contributing to the dissolution of society by hanging with my friends’ families sometimes. I hope Jill publishes a list of what I’m allowed to do. Is anything besides Facebook okay?)

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I wonder if Jill ever stops to think that the Amish might be judging her for her hair, makeup and modern ways?

Jill is everything about the English that the Amish rail against. But as I said before, Jill is a lazy thinker. It would never occur to her that the Amish judge her. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jill is also conveniently leaving out the time of day she is out shopping.   Dad is at work 11am on a Tuesday and can't go with his wife and kids to Aldi.  Or 2pm on a Thursday.   The Amish men can because they are self employed. 

And also, most 1950s dads did not go with the wife and kids either.   The image Jill used is of a family at leisure. Shopping has never been a family leisure activity,  usually.   I know many families in my area who shop at Walmart together on the weekends.  Jill's argument would have been stronger if her scenario was a Saturday afternoon at the park.  The premise of the meme and her diatribe is still fundamentally wrong though.

I’m also in Ohio, but not Jill’s area. Our stores have signs stating only one member of a household at a time should be shopping.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Does Jill ever tell "Bud" in person how much she loves him? Or does love only count when it's on social media for all the world to see. 

Is this one of those rhetorical questions? Jill might want to know.

• LOL 8