Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

The little girl in the peach and blue outfit that is 3 sizes to big is cute.

She is cute, and she’s also healthy-looking; however, Jill is weaning her so expect her to begin looking thin and sallow in the not-too-distant future, like the rest of the concentration camp victims. ☹️

11 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I BURST into giggles at Jill’s description making it sound that the rug was the last thing Nurie made before DYING. 

🙄🙄🙄

Jill is the epitome of a drama queen, Jesus freak, narcissistic lunatic.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Honestly I would not mind having that rug. Yes, it is far from perfect  but thats what I like about it. I imagine her working hard on it, knowing it would not be perfect but still keeping on working despite the imperfections and finishing.  I would have given up at the first misstep. 

Me too. I love things that are homemade and it's obvious Nurie put a lot of effort into it, flaws and all. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Every time I read Hosanna's name, my head starts background singing Oh Susanna. 

I am transported back to elementary Catholic school and weekly mass, singing "Hosanna in the highest..." 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s all about things....

10 pictures:

Pumpkin pies, snacks, heat? I'm sure these are signs of autumn at the homes of many people named Jill, but hard to imagine at the home of Jill Rodrigues. 

Where does she store all these seasonal decorations in the crowded barndo? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Pumpkin pies, snacks, heat? I'm sure these are signs of autumn at the homes of many people named Jill, but hard to imagine at the home of Jill Rodrigues. 

Where does she store all these seasonal decorations in the crowded barndo? 

And the Dollar Store, home of all things.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm also wondering who the we is here. Is Tim the royal we? Is he employing some of his siblings? 

Jill posted a pic of Kaylee up on a ladder, so she must be working with Timothy.  There are 3 reviews, all are by family members. 😒 Apparently Tim will be a handyman for the rest of his life, instead of a missionary pilot.  At least he’s trying to work, unlike his POS lard ass father.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill posted a pic of Kaylee up on a ladder, so she must be working with Timothy.  There are 3 reviews, all are by family members. 😒 Apparently Tim will be a handyman for the rest of his life, instead of a missionary pilot.  At least he’s trying to work, unlike his POS lard ass father.

Ah okay! I'm not going to touch the ethics of an employee providing a review with a 10-foot pole. LOL

Regardless of what Jill said when Tim returned home, I think this indicates that his pilot dreaming days are over. I suppose one could say this is part-time work he does while still in school, but I never believed Jill when she said he was transferring to another school. I think you're right that this is the rest of his life, which is sad.

Just now, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing they used Christ in the 'business' name to avoid heathen customers. Which also works for the person hiring them, which for me would be a big nope.

I think so. I'm a Christian and wouldn't hire them either. Putting it in the business name and URL was really laying it on thick. I think he's guaranteed a fairly small pool of customers this way, but I guess they at least know what they're in for. LOL

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm guessing they used Christ in the 'business' name to avoid heathen customers. Which also works for the person hiring them, which for me would be a big nope.

As an actual Christian, although the wrong kind in Tim's estimation, I would never hire a business that was so blatant about their religious perspective.  Nobody needs to know if you're a Christian, Tim; Jesus didn't like braggarts.  

There are a fair number of Christians in the Rodrigues vein out in Wayne County; but, for a new business to use a name that may be off-putting to a large segment of potential customers is really not a good business move.

Also, I am not sure it is 'Christ honoring' for the mother and sisters of the business owners to review the business without identifying themselves as related to the owner.  Some might even called it dishonorable.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 23
6 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Perfect business name

Because we all know Christ was all about getting that paper 😇🙄

I also notice Tim takes cash or check only.  Anyone think he plans to report all his earnings to the IRS?  Not that I think he'll ever earn enough to owe money to Uncle Sam.

It was just 2 years ago that Timbits was heading out west, in the RV from hell with the rest of the family, full of high hopes and big plans.  It's kinda sad to see what has become of his dreams.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Last time I checked, Tim wasn't licensed to do tree work. About all he could do is saw off small, low branches.

As if a little thing like being unlicensed would stop him! 

The business name is in the same vein as Uncle Kevin Foster's business, Christ-honoring lawn care, or something like that. 

35 minutes ago, Triple P said:

As if a little thing like being unlicensed would stop him! 

The business name is in the same vein as Uncle Kevin Foster's business, Christ-honoring lawn care, or something like that. 

Uncle Kev's business is indeed known as Kevin's Christ-honoring Contracted Services.  Who knew Christ was so into home improvement?  Well, his stepdad was a carpenter, so I guess He was.

Uncle Kevin's business is located in Frazier's Bottom, WVA which sounds like a punchline to a joke about a TV show, but is apparently a real place.  Maybe Tim is a franchisee?

Edited by doodlebug
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, emma675 said:

This. There are several handyman services in my neighborhood who flaunt their Christianity in their business names and advertising. I avoid those every single time. Using Jesus to try and make money doesn't sit right with me. 

I agree. We have a Good Shepherd HVAC company near me. Jesus on the side of the van with a lamb. Will never use them. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

There is just so much crap on every surface.  The space heaters should not have flammable items on them.  There appears to be no central heating so no air filters.  I can only imagine how awful the air quality is in there.

OMGSheputknickknacksonthespaceheaters. Arghhhh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hmmmm....

We’re a locally owned business with experienced professionals that respect customers and handle their property with great care. We attribute our success to our receptiveness to each customer’s unique needs, and commitment to uphold the highest standards of excellence for every project we undertake. We comply with all local, state and federal legislation for your protection.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I'd throw a fit if I saw anyone in an ankle-length skirt climbing up a ladder to clean my gutters. Maybe a potential customer should ask about this company's insurance coverage. A Bible tract is not an insurance policy document. 

If Tim were still in school, Jill would be bragging. That dream is over, it appears. 

I wonder how long the Holy Gutters company has been in business, for all the experience in various types of jobs "they" are bragging about. Where did Tim learn about putting flashing around a chimney?  Who puts a used paint roller on an uncovered hardwood floor? Jill, choose your stock photos better.

And yet, Tim may have managed to surpass his deadbeat father.  

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

If were some random Ohioan who had never heard of these people and found all business reviews for a business from people with the same last name of the owner and then one random person with the name Dingus, I'd feel like I was being trolled. 

The reviews by family were on Timothy’s site. Real slick! 😂 The 10 that included a Dingus, were on the BBB page, and did not include any Rodrigues.

• Useful 4
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The reviews by family were on Timothy’s site. Real slick! 😂 The 10 that included a Dingus, were on the BBB page, and did not include any Rodrigues.

The odyssey of Tim's reviews are making me laugh so hard! Yeesh. These people. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Call me silly, but when I hire someone to work in my home I want the job done well, and I really don't care about the religious beliefs of the person I hire. 

The fear of being God bothered while getting my gutters cleaned would make me pass.

Maybe he doesn't take credit cards because he doesn't want to pay the service fee.  He can't be making much, so losing 6% on each job would be off-putting.  Also, I highly doubt he is licensed, bonded, and insured, so he may not be able to take credit card payments.  And, of course, the tax dodge is very likely.

His ad does say, "We comply with all local, state and federal legislation for your protection". I wonder what, exactly, that means if he is not licenced/bonded/insured, as we are speculating? Did he, maybe, take some sort of class somewhere along the line in airplane missionary school which dealt with aircraft repair, and he's using that as though it equals a license in the handyman trade? What sort of licensing does handyman work (vs, say, plumbing or construction) require, anyway? I really don't know. Is all his knowhow from having helped Shrek with the renovation on the Barndo? If so, that can't make him ready to go out there tackling whatever random jobs people have for him. And I wouldn't put it past him to tackle things he has next to no experience with just because he might have helped his father, who we KNOW cut corners, with a renovation job? If he's just cleaning gutters or picking up debris, then it's probably not a big deal, but I doubt he has a good grasp on where his weaknesses might be, or what jobs need way more qualification (even if he actually has a fair grasp on how they work) than he has.

It almost surprises me, in a way, that they played up the religious angle so much in naming the business, because obviously the only clientele he will get with that will come from among those of like mind who tremble in fear at the thought of heathen hands sullying their drainpipes. But, who is he going to be able to bring to the Lord every time he sets foot out in the world now? Mightn't an ambush be the better gamble? At least until word got around.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
56 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

His ad does say, "We comply with all local, state and federal legislation for your protection". I wonder what, exactly, that means if he is not licenced/bonded/insured, as we are speculating? Did he, maybe, take some sort of class somewhere along the line in airplane missionary school which dealt with aircraft repair, and he's using that as though it equals a license in the handyman trade? What sort of licensing does handyman work (vs, say, plumbing or construction) require, anyway? I really don't know. Is all his knowhow from having helped Shrek with the renovation on the Barndo? If so, that can't make him ready to go out there tackling whatever random jobs people have for him. And I wouldn't put it past him to tackle things he has next to no experience with just because he might have helped his father, who we KNOW cut corners, with a renovation job? If he's just cleaning gutters or picking up debris, then it's probably not a big deal, but I doubt he has a good grasp on where his weaknesses might be, or what jobs need way more qualification (even if he actually has a fair grasp on how they work) than he has.

It almost surprises me, in a way, that they played up the religious angle so much in naming the business, because obviously the only clientele he will get with that will come from among those of like mind who tremble in fear at the thought of heathen hands sullying their drainpipes. But, who is he going to be able to bring to the Lord every time he sets foot out in the world now? Mightn't an ambush be the better gamble? At least until word got around.

In Ohio, as long as he sticks to the basics, like his website implies, he doesn't need any sort of license.  As far as plumbing, he could repair a leaky faucet but isn't allowed to install new plumbing in a bath or kitchen or tie stuff into the sewer system.  If he does electrical, he could replace an existing light fixture, he cannot re-wire a house.  I think, in general, a handyman can do stuff that doesn't require a permit.

It looks like a general handyman can get liability insurance for about 30 bucks a month although I don't know that the state requires it if he's not licensed.  If he does mess something up and a customer sues, he has no assets and he's a legal adult.  There's nothing for a plaintiff to recover.  No lawyer is going to take the case anyway.

A handyman who does more involved jobs would need a general contractor's license which would require at least 3 years' experience working with a general contractor.  I could see David and Uncle Kev exaggerating Timbits' credentials to get him a general contractor's license. 

Timbits might've made sure his religious beliefs were front and center if only because these fundies tend to be a tight knit bunch and someone with likeminded beliefs is going to be less likely to sue for defective work and also more likely to allow him to do work outside his wheelhouse without a permit and pay him more than he usually makes while not as much as if they'd hired a real pro.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

I feel sorry for Tim. I probably wouldn't be able to stand his righteous self in person for a single minute, but my human self feels bad for a young man whose whole life so far has been badly engineered by a crazy control freak. 

Maybe this venture will work out. Maybe Tim will get lucky and not hurt anyone or damage anything. Maybe he'll do what he needs to do to get the credentials to make an honest business out of this. Maybe he'll eke out enough of a living to support a wife. 

Jill, please grift Tim and truck and a plow. Ohio winters don't require much gardening or gutter work, but there is snow that needs moving. 

Plowing, especially out in the country where people have long driveways is a great business and a lot of those guys, including the ones who do my drive, often add lawn services in the warm months to keep the cash flowing year 'round.  If he got a contract or two to plow a parking lot for a business or church, he could do quite well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder how he'd react to a gay couple hiring him for his services.  Would he run to Mommy the minute he figured it out?

I'm sure he would.  Jill has undoubtedly warned him about the gays and their agenda to make restrooms unisex.  And, how they attract unsuspecting hetero males with their secret gay pheromones and then turn them into man lovers against their will.  I am sure that Tim would be unlikely to take a job from a gay couple and would instead offer them one of Daddy's tracts with bloody Jesus on the front and tell them to give him a call once they repent and decide to change their wicked ways.

• LOL 14
  • Love 7