Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

One of David's bathrooms would be a good place to get electrocuted too.

I'm researching the layout of this place for no good reason at all except I'm stuck at home. It's truly baffling. 

The two original bedrooms went to the boys and girls, based on clear photos from Jill's remodeling archives. She kept the same paint and carpet for both rooms. The smaller, light blue room is the boys' and is at the far end of the dining (I use the term loosely) room. The Love Nest seems to be off the side of the lower dining area going toward the interior and may not have a window. In the singing for victory video of Jill in the bedroom, she pans across the room quickly. The door is open and there is light from the dining/kitchen showing. It's a tiny room, but Jill got her own bath, built in the checkerboard space, and that walk-in closet, which appears to have a framed print on the wall and a pipe with a shutoff valve. 

The kitchen/dining logically runs across the front of the low roof house, but things don't line up quite right. I guess it could run across the back of the house.

I am also attempting to figure out the layout of this monstrosity.  The Love Nest does have a window, but the nursery does not.  I noticed that the original house had baseboard heating in the boys' room, and Jill covered the heater with a dresser in her after picture.  I can't tell if the heater is still behind the dresser or if David moved it.  That got me wondering how David is heating the Love Nest and nursery.  Did he extend the baseboard heating system into the new rooms he created?  If not, whatever is in the middle of the larger room is going to be frigid come winter.  Jill's after pictures don't show how the new rooms are going to be heated, and while I am not a physicist, I do know that heat doesn't go through walls.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I am also attempting to figure out the layout of this monstrosity.  The Love Nest does have a window, but the nursery does not.  I noticed that the original house had baseboard heating in the boys' room, and Jill covered the heater with a dresser in her after picture.  I can't tell if the heater is still behind the dresser or if David moved it.  That got me wondering how David is heating the Love Nest and nursery.  Did he extend the baseboard heating system into the new rooms he created?  If not, whatever is in the middle of the larger room is going to be frigid come winter.  Jill's after pictures don't show how the new rooms are going to be heated, and while I am not a physicist, I do know that heat doesn't go through walls.

Good point. I think you can see the top of a small baseboard unit in the checkered room, pre-Rod. But like you said it won't heat the other spaces the room was broken up into.

8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I noticed that the original house had baseboard heating in the boys' room, and Jill covered the heater with a dresser in her after picture.  I can't tell if the heater is still behind the dresser or if David moved it.  That got me wondering how David is heating the Love Nest and nursery.  

C'mon...I think we all know how David is heating the Love Nest.  🤣🤢🤮

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, not you again said:

Y'ALL.  I have to admit that other than seeing a brief meeting on one of the Duggar specials or something long, long ago, other than what is posted here I really didn't know anything about the Bates other than the parents' names.  So last night I was channel surfing and landed on the Bates' show.  OMG.  What the heck?  I sat in on maybe 10 minutes of what I think was a Valentines Day (I love you day?  WTF???) show.  Kelly is insufferable.  Has she ever looked at herself in that denim skirt?  And when the guys were doing the Charleston it reminded me of the scene in Blazing Saddles where Slim Pickens rode up and found the bad guys dancing to Camptown Ladies.  😲

THEY ARE JUST SO RELATABLE!

Nevermind the Roaring 20s go against everything they stand for.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

What pisses me off JillR got a whole shelf of teddy bears. Her kids should be playing with them instead!

Not only does she have a whole shelf of teddy bears, but she keeps them in a closet packed away where no one sees them, not even her.  And, yet, she continually demands that her husband and children continue to gift her with them; apparently so she can keep them hidden away out of the reach of her kids who might actually enjoy them.  What is the purpose of insisting on bears as gifts if even she doesn't do anything with them but squirrel them away?

Take that money and feed your kids, Jill

• Love 13

my question on the organized closet for the little girls/linen closet is why is there a chair and a tv in there?

for people that "don't do screen time" - they have a large tv in the piano area, a tv in the little girl's closet with stacks of dvds, and the boys room has an early 1990 small portable TV/VCR combo on the dresser

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

my question on the organized closet for the little girls/linen closet is why is there a chair and a tv in there?

for people that "don't do screen time" - they have a large tv in the piano area, a tv in the little girl's closet with stacks of dvds, and the boys room has an early 1990 small portable TV/VCR combo on the dresser

I don't recall Jill saying their family was anti-TV meaning they never watch an actual television.  They just eschew the vast majority of network TV shows except for tuning in for Counting On, or Bringing Up Bates, or a certain news network I will not name.  They will watch dvds or old VHS tapes of Jesus-Approved (TM) shows and movies.  And they will find the time on Sundays in the fall to watch The Washington Football Team.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't recall Jill saying their family was anti-TV meaning they never watch an actual television.  They just eschew the vast majority of network TV shows except for tuning in for Counting On, or Bringing Up Bates, or a certain news network I will not name.  They will watch dvds or old VHS tapes of Jesus-Approved (TM) shows and movies.  And they will find the time on Sundays in the fall to watch The Washington Football Team.

I get your point, but watch DVD's in a closet?

she has went on tangents about screens and just 2 weeks ago

"You see this at our dining room table almost every night. Not having cable or dish TV is the best thing ever for our children. It is the way I was raised also and I LOVED it!"

how would David watch the Washington Football Team in ohio? even with an antenna he would sadly most likely get the Browns or Bengals

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

how would David watch the Washington Football Team in ohio? even with an antenna he would sadly most likely get the Browns or Bengals

David might have to hit up his local sports bar to catch a Washington Football Team game~

• LOL 14

Someone at reddit did a sims layout of their shack.

she’s got yet another video out with kaylee for sale and it just occurred to me that we never see jilly muffins interacting with people, do we? She’s forever shoving her mobile into people’s faces, even at her own home. Might it be that others really dislike her and she hasnt a clue on how to interact with others?

stop filming and feed your children!!

Big post from the Maxwells. They announced the move! 

More Changes by Teri Maxwell Joseph moved!

"Joseph and Elissa have moved! Not very far really, but not like when they only lived a mile from us. With the birth of Caleb, they felt they outgrew their starter house and began looking for a bigger one. They decided to settle in Kansas City, closer to their church.

After finding their new house, they put their old house on the market. It sold right away.

Joseph and Elissa are only about fifteen minutes away from Jesse and Anna Patrice. Both couples go to the same church.

We know we will miss having Joseph and Elissa so close, but we are happy that found a home they are delighted with. They said they plan to make it back regularly for family Sunday lunches."

In the comments, someone asked how far they are from Steve and Teri's house? Teri replied "They are not quite an hour away."

Their fans aren't saying much, which suggests to me they aren't thrilled. I think a lot of them like the fantasy/reality of having the whole family in the same neighborhood. Elissa is probably thrilled. She never seems comfortable around Steve and Teri. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

We know we will miss having Joseph and Elissa so close, but we are happy that found a home they are delighted with. They said they plan to make it back regularly for family Sunday lunches."

I wonder how long it will take for “something to come up” on Sundays and they’re not there every week. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

she’s got yet another video out with kaylee for sale and it just occurred to me that we never see jilly muffins interacting with people, do we? She’s forever shoving her mobile into people’s faces, even at her own home. Might it be that others really dislike her and she hasnt a clue on how to interact with others?

stop filming and feed your children!!

Jilly muffin is Jill Duggar Dillard, not Jill Rod. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I get your point, but watch DVD's in a closet?

she has went on tangents about screens and just 2 weeks ago

"You see this at our dining room table almost every night. Not having cable or dish TV is the best thing ever for our children. It is the way I was raised also and I LOVED it!"

Yeah, setting up the tv/dvd player in the closet doesn't make sense to anyone outside of Jilly Rod.  As to her rants about screen time and cable tv, I think that goes back to her stunted upbringing.  Jill likes to live in a fantasy world where the TV is what destroyed the American Family.  From families sitting down with their TV dinners in the, gasp, living room with tray tables instead of sitting down at the table together, to when cable TV first hit in the late 70s and early 80s where shows were so much more risque.  And those vidoes on MTV especially Prince.  And now families sit down to eat, but each one has his/her head in a screen.  The same old fundie playbook on the disintegration of the American Family.  Jill just parrots back what she was taught.  

Washington plays in the NFC and both Cleveland and Cincinnati play in the AFC.  Fox carries NFC games while CBS carries AFC games.  I don't know exactly how many times Washington will appear on their local Fox affiliate, but they will show up on there.  The division the Browns and Bengals play in play the division Washington plays in this season so there's at least one game that will air.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

David might have to hit up his local sports bar to catch a Washington Football Team game~

the idea of this really made me laugh - David in his Washington jersey, Jill along as accountability in her Washington "blouse" at somewhere like Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a game. the image is fun to imagine and a good laugh

• LOL 16
4 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the idea of this really made me laugh - David in his Washington jersey, Jill along as accountability in her Washington "blouse" at somewhere like Buffalo Wild Wings to watch a game. the image is fun to imagine and a good laugh

JillR running around a half-time trying to save souls.

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

I found that diagram, and it looks right and down to the detail, although not the scale. Reddit person did serious research to make sense of it all. I wonder if David designed that maze, or if the Rods grifted the design and blueprints from a professional. 

Don't know if I can post the link, but it's easy to search Sims Barndomium on Reddit and find it. 

• Love 1

Thank you @GeeGolly and @MunichNark

Now I need a new excuse not to do some of the pesky chores I've been putting off. 

The listing photo has the raised roof structure to the right and the low roof to the left. I assumed that was the front of the building because the road led up to the barn and its door, and there didn't seem to be much behind the building. Reddit Designer has the raised building coming off the kitchen on the left. That means the listing photo is the "back" of the building where the bedrooms now are. What's beyond the French doors in the pseudo-eating area? Well, there's freedom, but my question is more concrete.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

1 video, 4 pictures:

I ask in all seriousness, what do they hope to accomplish with these mailers? I get random religious mailers every once in a while and they go directly into recycling. They never encourage me to check out a church or read the bible more or anything. I'm happy the USPS is getting the work but I feel like a lot of trees died for nothing. 

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 24

Does the Rod house not have a living room? It looks like it’s all bedrooms, bathrooms, closets, dining room, and kitchen? But I guess that’s why they tried to create a living room area in the print shop — although where’s the print shop in this model? 🤔

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Does the Rod house not have a living room? It looks like it’s all bedrooms, bathrooms, closets, dining room, and kitchen? But I guess that’s why they tried to create a living room area in the print shop — although where’s the print shop in this model? 🤔

The living room, such as it is, shares its space with the laundry room, music room, beauty parlor, and the print shop. IOW, hot mess express.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I ask in all seriousness, what do they hope to accomplish with these mailers? I get random religious mailers every once in a while and they go directly into recycling. They never encourage me to check out a church or read the bible more or anything. I'm happy the USPS is getting the work but I feel like a lot of trees died for nothing. 

Well, considering that they apparently also mailed them to people who are already members of the church-Jill said they received it in the mail-not much.  I occasionally receive far less offensive mailings from local churches inviting me to attend their services and they go straight to the circular file.  I cannot imagine that many people would be inspired by that unattractive flyer to check out the church.

• Love 8

In the listing description, it was described as having, “a large living room and kitchen combo.”. 

The first picture is from the listing. The second picture is how they are using it, ( from a different angle).

9DB92F46-D3FA-48E3-92D2-E1F2CB98DEAC.jpeg

75DEDB24-3818-46EB-8346-C21616117164.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Well, considering that they apparently also mailed them to people who are already members of the church-Jill said they received it in the mail

Bahahahahahaha I can't get over what a mindless waste of resources this is. I've mentioned on here before I'm active with a local volunteer organization. In the times of COVID, we're having to still do our annual election for officers and whatnots, but we can't have a meeting, so a couple of us spent the past couple of weeks cleaning up our mailing list and trying to figure out as much of a way to save money and time on who we had to mail info to for them to be able to vote and mail their ballot back. With that fresh in my mind, I just can't fathom mailing an invite to people who already attend. What morons. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill’s junk should be in its own barn

1 minute ago, Zella said:

Bahahahahahaha I can't get over what a mindless waste of resources this is. I've mentioned on here before I'm active with a local volunteer organization. In the times of COVID, we're having to still do our annual election for officers and whatnots, but we can't have a meeting, so a couple of us spent the past couple of weeks cleaning up our mailing list and trying to figure out as much of a way to save money and time on who we had to mail info to for them to be able to vote and mail their ballot back. With that fresh in my mind, I just can't fathom mailing an invite to people who already attend. What morons. 

Not only people who actually attend, but the actual people who printed the stupid flyer in the first place.  Jill said they sent their mailing to every household in the county.  According to the 2010 census, there were over 43,000 households in Wayne County.  I guess if they're mailing that many, a couple hundred sent to people who already belong to the church is a drop in the bucket.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures:

🙄🙄🙄🙄 bwaha haha snort bwaha haha 

pay $ to listen to the creator of Jill Rod and her servant future brood mare #3. No thanks. Too bad she couldn’t get ANNA Duggar or Michelle Duggar!

Edited by iwantcookies
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, irisheyes said:

I wonder how long it will take for “something to come up” on Sundays and they’re not there every week.

I think it already has.  One of the recent Sunday lunches seemed to only have Nathan's family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

🙄🙄🙄🙄 bwaha haha snort bwaha haha 

pay $ to listen to the creator of Jill Rod and her servant future brood mare #3. No thanks. Too bad she couldn’t get ANNA Duggar or Michelle Duggar!

Kaylee is the third child, but the second daughter. It's Nurie, Tim, Kaylee, Renee. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I noticed a monitor, maybe Kaylee organized the closet because she does her school work in there.

Also, what is it with JillR and chairs? Why is there a living room chair shoved in a closet? Does JillR need quick access to private chairs to breastfeed? I think there's a chair in every space of their house, including the bathrooms.

Next time I'm bored, I'm going to count how many chairs JillR has. Just for the record, we have 17 seats in the Golly house, including desk chairs, dining chairs/stools, living room/accent chairs and a couch, not one of which is in a closet or bathroom.

Seventeen chairs seemed like a lot to me!  So I also went and counted every chair, stool and couch and we also have seventeen!  So funny!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So Carlin and her husband were sitting at home and did another obnoxious IG Story about what to eat. They landed on pizza. Its dark out, they have a kid and guess where they ate their pizza?

In the parking lot, in the freaking car. 

I won't even google Plexus and it's nutritional content but is it just a protein supplement? With added magical powers? Do they really think that that picture would influence people when she's just standing up and sucking in her gut?

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

She’s going to have to get better at taking Kaylee’s Fundy Finder profile photos. That strained smile in the middle of a cemetery is not going to bring all the boys to the yard.

What on earth possesses someone to use a photo of a person in a cemetery in an "ad"? Well it's Jill so of course that's kind of rhetorical. The girl is photogenic but ....I'm going to stop trying to understand Jill. 

And I wonder how hurt she is that her mother and daughter got invited to speak but she didn't? Or isn't she in charge of this cluster, but when did that ever stop her from promoting herself?

1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

What on earth possesses someone to use a photo of a person in a cemetery in an "ad"? Well it's Jill so of course that's kind of rhetorical. The girl is photogenic but ....I'm going to stop trying to understand Jill. 

And I wonder how hurt she is that her mother and daughter got invited to speak but she didn't? Or isn't she in charge of this cluster, but when did that ever stop her from promoting herself?

Jill ended up as the organizer of this event when the previous organizer didn't want to do it anymore and flattered Jill into taking it. It isn't very big and is mostly friends and relatives, but it's in a HOTEL! The event is a diva moment for Jill, and planning it will keep her occupied for months.

One of last year's best pictures showed David and a handful of other bored men and Rod boys sitting around bare hotel conference room tables looking as if they were desperate for beer, snacks, and a big-screen TV. Maybe some of the men were there because their wives were not allowed to travel without a headship in tow. 

I think this is the event for which Jill wrote a book (pamphlet) that David printed about SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC sister Amy to pass out to attendees. 

Fear not. Jill will be speaking more than any of the &*keynote speakers. Even better, she also gets to buy and arrange all the decorations, and then take most of them home.  

Maybe this year's focus will be death and resurrection, so cemeteries will be part of the theme, and Kaylee's getting an early start. 

• LOL 14
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill ended up as the organizer of this event when the previous organizer didn't want to do it anymore and flattered Jill into taking it. It isn't very big and is mostly friends and relatives, but it's in a HOTEL! The event is a diva moment for Jill, and planning it will keep her occupied for months.

One of last year's best pictures showed David and a handful of other bored men and Rod boys sitting around bare hotel conference room tables looking as if they were desperate for beer, snacks, and a big-screen TV. Maybe some of the men were there because their wives were not allowed to travel without a headship in tow. 

I think this is the event for which Jill wrote a book (pamphlet) that David printed about SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC sister Amy to pass out to attendees. 

Fear not. Jill will be speaking more than any of the &*keynote speakers. Even better, she also gets to buy and arrange all the decorations, and then take most of them home.  

Maybe this year's focus will be death and resurrection, so cemeteries will be part of the theme, and Kaylee's getting an early start. 

Jill will undoubtedly be moderator of the event and will give a Welcome speech lasting an hour or so and then spend 15-20 minutes apiece introducing her guest speakers, filled with plenty of anecdotes about Jill, of course.  Then she will moderate a discussion which will consist of Jill asking and answering questions and leaving maybe 30 seconds for her 'expert' panel to respond.  Then, she will give a Farewell address that many will compare to Washington's Farewell to the Troops.  All in all, I expect each of her guest speakers will talk for 30 minutes or less while Jill, when you add up all her podium time, will clock in at 2 hours, minimum.

Also, who holds a special event and asks people to pay for tickets and doesn't really provide a true special guest?  Jill's mother and daughter have no credentials, they don't even speak on the fundy circuit regularly; and the other two seem to be a pastor's wife and her mother.  Nobody wrote a book?  Or does regular public speaking?  Or even has a local radio or TV program with some popularity?  I notice that Jill refers to several of the women as 'ministry wives'.  I presume that means their husbands, while not pastors, participate in some sort of 'ministry'.  Why, guess who else is a MINISTRY WIFE?  I expect Jill will be offering expert advice on that topic, probably interrupting her speakers to tell her tale.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Alyssa and John announced the name of the expected child due in February. They announced it on youtube by saying it and no one was sure what the name is. 

Today they posted it on Instagram. Maci Jo, sister to Allie Jane, Lexi Mae, and Zoey Joy.

Jo after Kelly Jo Bates and her mother. 

Alyssa's kids have a first cousin named Kaci, Zach's and Whitney's oldest daughter. 

• Love 2