Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I wonder if they use dollar store detergent or homemade detergent with cheap ingredients? Or she hasn't taught the Rodlet girls how to check & treat clothes before tossing them into the washer.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I wonder if they use dollar store detergent or homemade detergent with cheap ingredients? Or she hasn't taught the Rodlet girls how to check & treat clothes before tossing them into the washer.

There is probably too much clothes to sort through and they all go in at once. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

There is probably too much clothes to sort through and they all go in at once. 

You know I hate these people - but - I made my own homemade laundry detergent (the dry stuff) for years until I got tired of it.  It washed everything just fine.  And for the past few months I 've been washing a load when the basket is full, after 60 years of sorting.  and guess what.  It all comes out just fine.  There is so much more to snark on with these ridiculous people.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

You know I hate these people - but - I made my own homemade laundry detergent (the dry stuff) for years until I got tired of it.  It washed everything just fine.  And for the past few months I 've been washing a load when the basket is full, after 60 years of sorting.  and guess what.  It all comes out just fine.  There is so much more to snark on with these ridiculous people.

I don't separate out my clothes. None of us do in our house. It all goes in at once unless its something special, is stained and needs a pre-treatment (and usually needs to be washed right away or its something like towels, bed sheets or my quilt.  

I meant more along the lines that they might not see that some clothing is stained (especially with the little ones) and needs something like Shout as there is so much volume of clothing, towels, sheets.... etc....

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I went to an indoor wedding reception in Ohio back on the first, and that was legally allowed to go on.  So, I believe those restrictions have been lifted.  

At the end of July, as another surge was underway, the governor did limit gatherings to no more than 10 people.  He specifically cited families and friends gathering together at individual homes for various social events as being the source of several clusters.  He also recommended masks be worn, even at home, when people get together with others.  However, I believe this was called a 'recommendation' so I don't think there are consequences to violating it.

• Useful 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Jill show a washer and dryer in any of the reno pics? Tim has a giant stain on his shirt and so many of their clothes look grungy.

in the singing video i thought a washer and dryer as well as couches a shelf with pics and a TV were shown in the print shop

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

in the singing video i thought a washer and dryer as well as couches a shelf with pic and a TV were shown in the print shop

I recall seeing laundry detergent bottles on a shelf in that video.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Jill show a washer and dryer in any of the reno pics? Tim has a giant stain on his shirt and so many of their clothes look grungy.

Yes,with all the usual tacky decor on them.I think there were some signs,trinkets and artificial flowers on the water heater in there.Who does that.lol

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Yes,with all the usual tacky decor on them.I think there were some signs,trinkets and artificial flowers on the water heater in there

Yes. Jill created a fire hazard in the laundry corner too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

One of the guests has a SLEEVELESS top on!  The hussy!

Is that Kim Plath? On their short-lived show, Kim revealed she was a huge party girl in college who drank, did drugs and flipped a car. I see Hosanna’s sister Moriah is noticeably absent. They probably didn’t bother to invite her. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Is that Kim Plath? On their short-lived show, Kim revealed she was a huge party girl in college who drank, did drugs and flipped a car. I see Hosanna’s sister Moriah is noticeably absent. They probably didn’t bother to invite her. 

Yes, that's Kim. And no way Moriah was invited. She's off being a regular young adult.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, first two are videos:

ok...nobody shoot me, please, but this actually made me smile. I grew up as an only child without even any cousins in the same country, and given that my dad was big into Polish Scouting, songs were a big part of, if not everyday life, at least anything like a special occasion, plus road trips, and lots of other random stuff. I loved singing - still do - desperately. But since Mr Jyn sees singing as something akin to torture (though he loves music as well), the kids have mostly grown up siding with him, and no one in our family sings, ever. Well, except for my younger son who is very musical, loves karaoke, and will discuss music until the cows come home, but still pretty much refuses to actually sing with me. To me, this clip pretty much summed up all that I ever wished to have as a family of my own. Well, minus the religious stuff, but I'll happily sing hymn after hymn if only someone wants to sing with me.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

ok...nobody shoot me, please, but this actually made me smile. I grew up as an only child without even any cousins in the same country, and given that my dad was big into Polish Scouting, songs were a big part of, if not everyday life, at least anything like a special occasion, plus road trips, and lots of other random stuff. I loved singing - still do - desperately. But since Mr Jyn sees singing as something akin to torture (though he loves music as well), the kids have mostly grown up siding with him, and no one in our family sings, ever. Well, except for my younger son who is very musical, loves karaoke, and will discuss music until the cows come home, but still pretty much refuses to actually sing with me. To me, this clip pretty much summed up all that I ever wished to have as a family of my own. Well, minus the religious stuff, but I'll happily sing hymn after hymn if only someone wants to sing with me.

I will sing with you. I can't carry a tune in a bucket with the lid on but I live to sing.

• Love 8

Does she take her pictures with a 2005 Razr phone? Nearly every one she posts is out of focus, poorly shot, and devoid of color.

4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

in the singing video i thought a washer and dryer as well as couches a shelf with pics and a TV were shown in the print shop

I remember that fairly early in the barndominium renovations, JillR posted a photo of a laundry room (or laundry corner of a bigger room) that she bragged about how Shrek had created including doing the plumbing. It had TWO washers and TWO dryers. Yep. They looked like regular size household appliances, but there were two of each.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill is bug-eyed, which makes me wonder if she has an overactive thyroid.  That’s one of the symptoms.

That's interesting--I didn't know that.

It's almost like she exaggerates the feature in pictures? 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Nysha said:

In all fairness, Mr. Heckkitty is over 50, insists on always being the one yo do the laundry, and I can’t get him to check & treat (or even sort) to save my life. 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's interesting--I didn't know that.

It's almost like she exaggerates the feature in pictures? 

There is a guy on 90 Day Fiance that has buggy eyes, too.  Fans texted him about it, he went to the doctor, and he did indeed have a thyroid issue.  He thanked the fans for letting him know.  I wonder if Jill goes to the doctor, or if Plexus cures thyroid problems.  Or maybe causes them.

Edited by CalicoKitty
extra letter
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Isn't foil used for highlights and lowlights? Jill's hair looks all one color.

Back when I was a teenager, foils were used for just highlighting, then as I got older they used foil and then low lighting for you know, to make it look more natural when gray hair comes in. She is still living in the 80s and hasn't updated her cosmetology knowledge I'm sure. I'm no cosmetologist but surely they updated things since the 80s.

And how come her natural color isn't good enough? God made it that color didn't he Jill? Why do you think you know better than God? 

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 11
  • Love 11

Well Jill has to be HOT (calm down no hysterical laughter really) so of course she has to be blonde. I embraced my un-colored hair since COVID and it came in a really nice silver that everyone loves ( I had no clue what my real color was anymore). Saves me money, time, and scalp irritation but hey being a female is always synonymous with being in pain, amIrite girls? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 11

If she’s hyperthyroid, it ain’t the Magic Plexus keeping her “trim.”

It might also explain some of the mania. When my thyroid med dose was too high I was a manic mess. But it’s not like Jill’s going to ever have that checked out by an actual doctor, so roll on, wired lunatic.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

I'm trying to get a good look at Jill's neck to see if her thyroid looks enlarged, but it's hard to tell. I have Graves disease and while I had a lot of the classic symptoms when it was bad (frizzy hair and hair loss, losing weight on a daily basis, irritable and kind of manic, etc.), I never had the bug eyes. It's different for everyone.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

It doesn’t matter how much you are saving on hair maintenance, Jill. Your hair and the hair of your daughters is SEVERELY damaged. 
Did they teach you about conditioning at cosmetology school? It also wouldn’t hurt to scan a few magazines to see what current hairstyles look like. Yours looks like you wash it with lye soap and then hang your head out of the car window to dry.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
On 8/27/2020 at 7:32 PM, Genevrier said:

My father taught us something like that. “Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November. And February has twenty-eight, that’s fine, but leap year makes it twenty-nine.“ 

Ok, I have to quote myself here, because last night I talked to my sister and she says she’s never heard of the ditty and has always used the knuckles method, which I don’t think I ever learned. She calls it “hill-valley.”  We are baffled. We lived in the same houses and went to the same schools until college. Well, I’m baffled—she just thinks I’m lying. We are from the Northeast. 

Topic? I only just heard of the Plaths for the first time last week. Does Mrs. Plath always have that same smirk on her face? I already can’t stand her. 

• Love 4

No masks. Jill is showing off. Those two don't care about each other or anyone else. 

Some people improve with age; David is not one of them. Jill's bleach job is a fail.  

I wouldn't get near them in public and certainly not take anything they tried to hand to me. 

• Love 15