Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I clicked on Carlin's instagram. She congratulates birthday to her husband, the only person she can't live without. So, she can live without her daughter? 

I hate those false big words

I gave them a thumbs down on the previous vid,as they both tested + for Covid,and said they were going to stay out of Layla's face.At the end,Evan was right in her face,and neither were wearing a mask.

I did laugh when Carlin brushed her teeth using the waterhose at her inl's house in the driveway.And they took a bath in the pool.LOL

3 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Nurie probably will be if she's not pregnant already..I'm sure Jill calls every day to ask her if she's pregnant with her first grandbaby..We think Jill is unbearable now, just wait till she's a grandma..ugh!

An entitled gma at that! Believe me,I know.I had one

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Why am I not surprised that Carlin didn't automatically look at February 31 and realize it was not a real date?

She prob. learned it at ati homeschool.lol

There was a little rhyme I got from encyclopedia britannica growing up,I never forgot.It's

30 days hath Sept.,April,June and Nov.All the rest have 31,except Feb. alone

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

These nice restaurant meals and outings are only going to inflame Jill’s need to get herself down there and horn in on the action.

Yes,no doubt Jill is jealous Nurie got a carriage ride and nice dinner

10 hours ago, Insert Username said:

Not only does the menu from that restaurant look AMAZING, but the majority of it would be unfamiliar to Nurie. Good for her for branching out and hopefully trying some "exotic" flavors. I hope this inspires her to properly learn to cook--especially now when some of the best culinary schools are offering free classes online 

I wonder if she even knows how to cook at all;they were always fed so little

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Nurie probably will be if she's not pregnant already..I'm sure Jill calls every day to ask her if she's pregnant with her first grandbaby..We think Jill is unbearable now, just wait till she's a grandma..ugh!

Jill doesn't really want to be a grandmother. She's much too young and attractive for that. However, Jill thrives on attention, so Nurie's and ANNA DUGGAR'S brother's child would be an excuse to visit, post pictures, have baby showers, etc. Her other kids aren't doing anything very exciting, so a new family member would be excellent. It's one more human to groom and control too. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, sondraK said:

My father taught us something like that. “Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November. And February has twenty-eight, that’s fine, but leap year makes it twenty-nine.“ 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

My father taught us something like that. “Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November. And February has twenty-eight, that’s fine, but leap year makes it twenty-nine.“ 

Neat

• Love 3

Not just a nice dinner at the good Olive Garden, but a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant. Jill's got to be livid. I'm sure she thought Nurie was marrying someone who went around mowing lawns and making chump change. Nurie is supposed to spend her life in a rundown trailer house popping out babies and selling Plexus. Jill's children are not supposed to even come even with Jill's income level, let alone exceed it. Right now it looks like Nathan is making decent money and spending more money on Nurie than Jill & Shrek have throughout her whole life.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, sondraK said:

She prob. learned it at ati homeschool.lol

There was a little rhyme I got from encyclopedia britannica growing up,I never forgot.It's

I learned by counting them on my knuckles. Raised ones are 31 days, lower ones are 30 or February. Most Americans look funny at me when they see me do it 😂

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I think JillRod is fuming because Nurie has not curled up in a little ball sobbing because she misses Best Ever Mama so much. Nurie is having the time of her life and JillRod is not amused. I really think it will be a long while until another Rodling gets married.

• Love 14
23 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I think JillRod is fuming because Nurie has not curled up in a little ball sobbing because she misses Best Ever Mama so much. Nurie is having the time of her life and JillRod is not amused. I really think it will be a long while until another Rodling gets married.

Unfortunately I suspect you're right. I also think the next marriage, when it happens, will probably be to someone more local because Jill thinks she will better be able to control that and leech off the situation. Run, Dinguses, run!

That said, there is something gloriously Shakeapearean in Jill being so puffed up about her daughter marrying into ANNA DUGGAR'S FAMILY and it coming back to bite her in the ass when it's clear the Duggars still aren't interested in her and that Nurie isn't pining away about being away from Mama.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 19
58 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I learned by counting them on my knuckles. Raised ones are 31 days, lower ones are 30 or February. Most Americans look funny at me when they see me do it 😂

That's how I learned also and I am American honestly I thought everyone was taught that.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm American and I learned that method too! Maybe a regional thing? I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Genevrier said:

My third grade teacher in Texas taught us to count the months off on our knuckles. It works if you go left to right and stop at December. 

On topic: Jill's eyeliner is nasty. It's thicker on the bottom than the top and I doubt she ever gets it all off. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

My third grade teacher in Texas taught us to count the months off on our knuckles. It works if you go left to right and stop at December. 

On topic: Jill's eyeliner is nasty. It's thicker on the bottom than the top and I doubt she ever gets it all off. 

Plexus needs to sell eye makeup remover.lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I do the months on my knuckles to this day, though I just use one hand, and tap the final knuckle twice (for July and August), then turn around and go back.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, sondraK said:

Carlin remembers it this way -- "30 days hath Sept.,April,June and Nov.All the rest have 31,except Feb., which has 32."

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I don't think I've ever heard of this one before. I was lost when you explained it, though. Couldn't figure out how to count 12 months on 10 knuckles. So I looked it up.... Now I get it.

9 hours ago, Triple P said:

I'm American and I learned that method too! Maybe a regional thing? I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

Could be regional. I was in Ohio, and I didn't hear it there that I remember.

• Love 3

We didn't do knuckles, we did fingers. Fingertips were 31, in between weren't, count the pinky twice before going back.

Carlin missing that February has only 28 (29) days is less disturbing to me, than not remembering her only child's birthday. A child who isn't even a year old yet. She really plays up her flakiness, but this mistake is rather telling.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, first is a video:

Did she empty her Plexus-fueled bowels into bowls and serve it up as "dinner?" 

Edited by Guest

Jill's table is FULL and bellies are FULL when other people show up to her house bringing food. 

It all looks sadly brown and beige. This would have been a great opportunity for Jill to add some color by making a pot of her special floating soup. 

--I stand corrected. I see a piece of red tomato on a child's place. It must have been from the salad that people actually ate. 

Edited by BradandJanet
Edited for truth
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's table is FULL and bellies are FULL when other people show up to her house bringing food. 

It all looks sadly brown and beige. This would have been a great opportunity for Jill to add some color by making a pot of her special floating soup. 

--I stand corrected. I see a piece of red tomato on a child's place. It must have been from the salad that people actually ate. 

And the tomatoes were likely a gift from a neighbor's garden.

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Aren't indoor gatherings in Ohio limited to 10 or less? Considering the size of the Rod family, they shouldn't even have one guest if all their family members are home.

I went to an indoor wedding reception in Ohio back on the first, and that was legally allowed to go on.  So, I believe those restrictions have been lifted.  

9 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I do the months on my knuckles to this day, though I just use one hand, and tap the final knuckle twice (for July and August), then turn around and go back.

This is how I do it too.  I'm in the Midwest, but I don't think I learned this in school. 

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We didn't do knuckles, we did fingers. Fingertips were 31, in between weren't, count the pinky twice before going back.

Carlin missing that February has only 28 (29) days is less disturbing to me, than not remembering her only child's birthday. A child who isn't even a year old yet. She really plays up her flakiness, but this mistake is rather telling.

My mom has asked me if my birthday was on the 31st. I was born in a month with only 30 days.

I was thinking more about using the knuckles method and remembered that I learned that from Highlights magazine in the early 1980s, not at school. I'm 45.

Edited by Triple P
needed a space
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

You just know she reads what people say about her when she stresses that their bellies are FULL. Yea, I agree, only when people bring the food. If their bellies were full all the time, they might not look like they are starving. 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I went to an indoor wedding reception in Ohio back on the first, and that was legally allowed to go on.  So, I believe those restrictions have been lifted.  

Interesting. Were masks required?

• Love 2

What I don't understand is the food on the plates doesn't seem to match what is in the containers on the table and those seem to be full and that still seems to me a small amount for all the people in the picture. I mean that's a good amount of food but there is a lot of people around the table.

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Interesting. Were masks required?

It was like a restaurant.  Masks required for walking in, but not once you were in the reception room.  There was a deputy stationed at the door to make sure we all had masks on while entering.  There was an open bar and some dancing, but no slow dances.  Staff had masks on the whole time.

• Useful 3
52 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

What I don't understand is the food on the plates doesn't seem to match what is in the containers on the table and those seem to be full and that still seems to me a small amount for all the people in the picture. I mean that's a good amount of food but there is a lot of people around the table.

The mac and cheese didn't seem to be popular. Maybe it wasn't very good. The salad was pretty much finished. I think the pan with the brown liquid may have had shredded chicken in it. There appears to be some white meat on some of the plates. I sure any meat at that meal was provided by the Dingus family. Feeding the Rodrigues family seems to be their new lot in life. 

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

You just know she reads what people say about her when she stresses that their bellies are FULL. Yea, I agree, only when people bring the food. If their bellies were full all the time, they might not look like they are starving. 

I think Jill has trained these kids not to eat very much. She and David can't or won't provide a steady amount of food, so they put the responsibility on the kids to control their hunger. 

Jill is compelled to respond. That pound of makeup covers very thin skin. 

A couple of observations:  First, why is Janessa stuck in a high chair away from everyone?  Could they not have pulled the chair up to the table so she could interact with others? Also, why is the other waif at the table with what looks like a filthy blanket?  Isn't that Sofia, who is 5 and recently "saved"?  I think by that age the blanket could be saved for bedtime.

One of the guests has a SLEEVELESS top on!  The hussy!

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think Jill has trained these kids not to eat very much. She and David can't or won't provide a steady amount of food, so they put the responsibility on the kids to control their hunger.

also I think from the pics the kids eat last after parents and guests - in the video - Jill and david's plates are empty. Sofia(?) or whatever waif eating with her hands next to Jill's empty place has a plate of food as does Gideon/Sammers/Phillip next to her while the other folks seem to have finished eating,

and oh poor baby in the highchair - shoved back behind everyone by her little self

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

also I think from the pics the kids eat last after parents and guests - in the video - Jill and david's plates are empty. Sofia(?) or whatever waif eating with her hands next to Jill's empty place has a plate of food as does Gideon/Sammers/Phillip next to her while the other folks seem to have finished eating,

and oh poor baby in the highchair - shoved back behind everyone by her little self

Not in her defense, but sometimes the little ones eat really slow and maybe the others took seconds? David probably shoves in the food fast, he might just open his mouth and empty plate into it. 

3 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Also, why is the other waif at the table with what looks like a filthy blanket?  Isn't that Sofia, who is 5 and recently "saved"?  I think by that age the blanket could be saved for bedtime.

And the blanket is IN HER MOUTH! 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The mac and cheese didn't seem to be popular. Maybe it wasn't very good. The salad was pretty much finished. I think the pan with the brown liquid may have had shredded chicken in it. There appears to be some white meat on some of the plates. I sure any meat at that meal was provided by the Dingus family. Feeding the Rodrigues family seems to be their new lot in life. 

They really found an easy mark. 

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

A couple of observations:  First, why is Janessa stuck in a high chair away from everyone?  Could they not have pulled the chair up to the table so she could interact with others? Also, why is the other waif at the table with what looks like a filthy blanket?  Isn't that Sofia, who is 5 and recently "saved"?  I think by that age the blanket could be saved for bedtime.

One of the guests has a SLEEVELESS top on!  The hussy!

Sofia also still sucks her thumb.  She carries around a security blanket and sucks her thumb, but she’s supposed to be mature enough to know what it means to submit to salvation?  I think not.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Not in her defense, but sometimes the little ones eat really slow and maybe the others took seconds?

i guess that is possible on slow eating

another observation - Tessie made it to the big table and is not sitting at the counter with the younger girls

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Sofia also still sucks her thumb.  She carries around a security blanket and sucks her thumb, but she’s supposed to be mature enough to know what it means to submit to salvation?  I think not.

I thought the same thing. Saved but still sucks her thumb? Okay. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, first is a video:

It looks like a salad, mac & cheese (or a squash casserole) and some kind of meat.  If that’s what they serve company, I can’t imagine what their basic daily meals look like.  Is that a potty chair on the floor beside Janessa’s high chair?

15 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

It looks like a salad, mac & cheese (or a squash casserole) and some kind of meat.  If that’s what they serve company, I can’t imagine what their basic daily meals look like.  Is that a potty chair on the floor beside Janessa’s high chair?

Looks like it is. Delightful. 

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Is that a potty chair on the floor beside Janessa’s high chair?

I think it is a Bumbo.  My granddaughter uses one instead of a highchair.  She sat at the table with everyone from the time she was 5-6 months old.

But this is Jill so a potty chair is also plausible.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't think I've ever heard of this one before. I was lost when you explained it, though. Couldn't figure out how to count 12 months on 10 knuckles. So I looked it up.... Now I get it.

Could be regional. I was in Ohio, and I didn't hear it there that I remember.

I grew up in Ohio and was taught this way.

I thought Sofia's dingy blanket was a dingy towel she was suppose to use to help keep her clothes clean. I didn't even notice she had it in her mouth. 

The mac & cheese did not seem to be a big hit and the three Nobels at the end look like they'd rather be someplace that didn't include the Rods.

• Love 1