Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

All the Rodlets speak like they are mentally deficient or hard of hearing,

They might actually be hard of hearing, or have speech impairments. It’s not like Jill would ever notice. She only listens to herself, and possibly her misshapen headship. And she keeps them well away from any responsible adults who might pick up on something like that.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It didn't take too long for the JRods commandeer this church.

They've been rampaging through churches around the country on their "serving Jesus" trips long enough to become a highly efficient, multi-member dominate-your-society-and-then-eat-you-out-of-house-and-home machine, I guess.

They're like invading army ants.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

If they are in the restaurant I think they are in, it is not cheap. Not super expensive but not cheap. I think St. Augustine is beautiful. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

If they are in the restaurant I think they are in, it is not cheap. Not super expensive but not cheap. I think St. Augustine is beautiful. 

This is one time I wish a picture included what they ordered. 
Perhaps they bought a cook book there. 😁

• Love 6
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

As a 63 year old who wears her Mickey Mouse watch daily, including to my job as a supposed medical professional, I salute you and Minnie.  

Nurthan look to be doing lots of fun dating couple type stuff; you know, the stuff you did BEFORE you got married.  St Augustine is a beautiful city and has lots of good restaurants and fun things to do.  I'm glad poor Nurie is finally able to have a real life apart from the demands of Mama.

They look like a normal young couple having fun. I hope they had some Sangria. This all must be a mind-blowing experience for Nurie. Too bad they are still running their photos through Best Mama for approval and publication. 

I'm counting down until Jill decides the stinkRV needs to take a family trip to Florida--at Nurie's suggestion, of course. Jill must be dying inside seeing Nurie do nice things and having fun. Jill's usual grift seems to be hitting obstacles, but Nathan apparently has income, so Mama is drooling at the thought of a long, expenses-paid vacation for her and the family. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 14
10 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I don't know why I care, but it annoys me so much that Jill continues to post about Nurie and Nathan's life.  Buy a boundary, woman.

Yeah, it's making me feel voyeuristic because they are not the ones posting the pictures.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I don't know why I care, but it annoys me so much that Jill continues to post about Nurie and Nathan's life.  Buy a boundary, woman.

3 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Yeah, it's making me feel voyeuristic because they are not the ones posting the pictures.

Not just posting the photos, but quoting (maybe) Nurie's words for her. 

Any boundaries will have to be set by Nathan. Nurie doesn't have the concept yet, and Jill the Narcissist exists to ooze slime over everyone around her.

I wonder when Jill and David will have a big row with their bestest new church family. The Rods seem to be taking over, and the old timers there can't be happy about having an upstart troop of moochers moving in on them.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Any boundaries will have to be set by Nathan. Nurie doesn't have the concept yet, and Jill the Narcissist exists to ooze slime over everyone around her.

I wonder when Jill and David will have a big row with their bestest new church family. The Rods seem to be taking over, and the old timers there can't be happy about having an upstart troop of moochers moving in on them.  

Nathan is a) unaware of the social media stuff, b) too busy enjoying freedom and snu snu or c) both. 

The sheen of Nurie being married to ANNA DUGGAR'S brother will wear off soon. JRod will be grooming Nurie's successor in due time. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Problem is, Nathan was raised Gothard and reportedly was one of the Keller kids who was pulled in much more tightly after some of their older kids left and dumped their ideas. So he most likely doesn't have any boundaries either.

Pretty much every word Gothard ever uttered was for the purpose of condemning and obliterating boundaries --- especially any boundaries that might shield kids from constant, demolition-style parental activity. He might as well have called his program the LKNTPIFJ -- Leaving Kids Naked To Parental Intrusion For Jesus. 

So I don't think Nurie can get much help from that quarter. Unless both she and Nathan harbor some severe doubts and decide to make common cause and learn to fight it. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Weird that Nathan "spoiled" her...isn't marriage a partnership where they do things together?

That restaurant is relatively nice, always crowded, and a little pricey.

Also funny...the horse that is pulling that carriage is cropped out....guess Mama doesn't want the animal people jumping all over her about how hot that horse is......to be honest, that horse probably thinks the carriage is empty.

Godly husband looks just like his oppressed sister Anna, pre-Invisalign, when the money wasn't flowing yet.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 9

Looks like Nathan while not rolling in it has enough income to properly support Nurie. There were the flights to wherever the Rods live now (sorry, forgot), treating the in laws to dinner, their decent honeymoon, and now their one month married treat. The lawn business must at least be enough for two.

• Love 14
49 minutes ago, SMama said:

There were the flights to wherever the Rods live now (sorry, forgot), treating the in laws to dinner, their decent honeymoon, and now their one month married treat.

Plus didn't he go to Africa late last year as well?  

• Useful 3

I don't know how long Nathan has had his business but maybe he has been socking away money for a few years.  Really, aside from visiting his sister in Africa ( which may very well have been paid for by his church as a mission trip), what did he have to spend his money on pre-Nurie?

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It didn't take too long for the JRods commandeer this church.

Yes,Jill wanted to know who the gifters are

12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

This is one time I wish a picture included what they ordered. 
Perhaps they bought a cook book there. 😁

Perhaps they did and Jill didn't show it.Maybe Nurie had more than a salad.I hope so!

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Nurie's having more fun where she is, Jill. Stop with the guilt trip. 

Jilly has a death grip on Hosanna and Sidney. And what the hell is she wearing? Looks like an old TV test pattern. 

I would much rather being touring St. Augustine, riding in a horse drawn carriage with my sweetie and eating at fancy restaurants then sitting at that baby shower. I checked out that restaurant and it looks lovely. For Nurie, that had to have been a real treat. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Apologies in advance.....

684B77C3-6A77-43DC-B42B-14EF9DC2449A.jpeg

E652F5DF-4496-42B0-8313-7996CE0462A0.jpeg

Thanks for the warning! I still jumped because holy shit that might be the scariest picture I have ever seen of her--no small feat--but I do appreciate the effort!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I have been to the Columbia in St. Augustine. It has great food. I hope they had the gazpacho. It's the best. Nurie has never been in such a place in all of her life. Perhaps Mr. Nathan knows how to 'live a little' but was never given the opportunity because he wasn't marrried? I hope Nurie ordered the pork chops. I have a glimmer of hope for these two; maybe they will do some interesting things, you know, before the babies start coming....which could already be in the works...

On another note, if you eat a healthy, balanced diet, you don't need that Plexus crap. Eat some fresh vegetables and good fiber, Jill. You won't need powder crap in your body.  Michelle Duggar has that same stupid necklace.

• Love 17

Not only does the menu from that restaurant look AMAZING, but the majority of it would be unfamiliar to Nurie. Good for her for branching out and hopefully trying some "exotic" flavors. I hope this inspires her to properly learn to cook--especially now when some of the best culinary schools are offering free classes online 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Nurie's having more fun where she is, Jill. Stop with the guilt trip. 

Jilly has a death grip on Hosanna and Sidney. And what the hell is she wearing? Looks like an old TV test pattern. 

Unfortunately, the last thing control-freak parents want is for any of their kids to have fun. Not even when the kids are right in front of them, for the most part. But definitely not when the kids have the effrontery to be someplace else and, on their definition, "out of their control."

Definition of Puritanism: the horrifying suspicion that someone, somewhere, may be having fun.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11

As horrifying as the Unhappy Gut photo is, Jill (minus the raccoon eyes) looks much younger without the geisha makeup. I'm surprised her skin looks as good as it does, but I suppose an inch-thick layer of foundation provides some sun protection. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I thought the same thing, that she looks surprisingly young in that “unhappy gut” pic!

But at least if it’s protecting her from the sun, that godawful makeup is good for SOMETHING 🙄😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I thought the same thing, that she looks surprisingly young in that “unhappy gut” pic!

But at least if it’s protecting her from the sun, that godawful makeup is good for SOMETHING 🙄😂

When I hike, I wear my foundation with SPF! I never burn. 

• Love 2
On 8/24/2020 at 5:34 PM, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, first is a video.......

Poor Sofia or whoever the yellow dress girl is.  She's already wearing the white jacket so why does she also need a GRAY  modesty  shirt under everything? (At least have her wear white.)   I guess its because the neckline dips down just a little.  She definitely needed to be standing over the air conditioning with all those layers.  

11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin did a photo book like Jessa's (and is pitching it with a code). Carlin dated the birth picture of her daughter February 31st. Her kid was born January 31st.

Why am I not surprised that Carlin didn't automatically look at February 31 and realize it was not a real date?

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin did a photo book like Jessa's (and is pitching it with a code). Carlin dated the birth picture of her daughter February 31st. Her kid was born January 31st.

That is so hilariously bad on so many levels. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, JoanArc said:

“She’s dead TO ME” -Jill

Nurie probably will be if she's not pregnant already..I'm sure Jill calls every day to ask her if she's pregnant with her first grandbaby..We think Jill is unbearable now, just wait till she's a grandma..ugh!

• Love 3