Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

There's a word I haven't thought of in years! Played the clarinet also in the band but graduated 50 years ago.

My younger son played clarinet all through school (and went to college partially on a music scholarship even though it wasn't his major), and even though I kind of pride myself on spelling and vocabulary, all of a sudden I realize that I've never seen that word spelled out, and always assumed it was something like "armature". It never even occurred to me to actually look it up or anything. 🤔 So embarrassed...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

New blog post from Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell!

She went to Iowa for Allison's "bachelorette party" and wedding shower with the Bontragers. Allison had two wedding showers; one with her husband's family and one with her family. Her mother and unmarried sisters were at both.  The bachelorett party was more really a wedding shower. 

Chelsy loves that mustard color the Duggar girls love!

blogpost Chelsy

• Love 1

That soup doesn’t look like beef to me either. Rene and Kaylee probably cooked it. No way Jill does anything all day but sit on the phone taking selfies/videos.

God is good because they probably spent $0 on the ingredients.

7 minutes ago, Triple P said:

At least they are supporting the post office?

I have a feeling Jill/David and the kids will hand deliver/bother everyone on their list. 

• Love 2

I hope David's sermons are more inspiring the that sleep-inducing video that shows what the kids do all day--build illegal structures and work in a printshop.

If Covid has been hard on the Rodrigueses' ability to travel and grift, what are they going to do with all those printed tracts when their dear leader dismantles the postal system?  

Sorry, but the stuff in that pot looks like vomit. The spoon looks slimy. Jill really should share the recipe. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

She went to Iowa for Allison's "bachelorette party" and wedding shower with the Bontragers. Allison had two wedding showers; one with her husband's family and one with her family. Her mother and unmarried sisters were at both.  The bachelorett party was more really a wedding shower. 

blogpost Chelsy

Chelsy's eyes weird me out. She's like a Stephen King character. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

This does not look like enough soup for her family. Maybe a cup and a half each?

It might work if everyone got a sandwich to go with it; otherwise, those kids left the table hungry, which is nothing unusual, I’m sure. 

Edited by farmgal4
Changed a word.
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, louannems said:

Why does it look like two stock pots are stacked?  I know that can't be but what is going on in that picture?

The stove has a glass surface, so that's a reflection of the pot sitting on the burner. There's just one pot. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

blogpost Chelsy

Know the bride game must be really easy when she's not allowed to go anywhere without her family. Her "first" job? Cause you know Fundie girls are allowed to so much and at so many different places.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Know the bride game must be really easy when she's not allowed to go anywhere without her family. Her "first" job? Cause you know Fundie girls are allowed to so much and at so many different places.

They did allow her to tarry at the family hotel before she got engaged.

• Love 1

Two things I noticed on the Bates last night. One was how serious Kelly, and more specifically Carlin, were taking lock down in the beginning - or at least trying to appear that way. We all know how quickly they all let that go, seeing as most of the family went to FL in May and Carlin also went to Joy's for the 4th of July.

The other thing I noticed was Kelly stating Lawson and Nathan were staying in a rental house in Springdale, AR prior to and during the beginning of lock down to work on Lawson's pilot's license. I'm guessing they were staying in the twins' empty place because there's no way they wouldn't take advantage of their friendship with the Duggars. I doubt they paid rent and I think Kelly was just trying to emphasize the care they were taking in following the covid safety guidelines and the boys were safely sheltering in place and not, to use her word, intermingling with others.

And BTW, it appeared as though Jackson B was driving to Alert, alone, and it was canceled so he drove to AR and stayed with Lawson and Nate.

Another unrelated, but interesting observation, they showed a rerun from 2015 after Michaela was married and moved out. Josie was a young brunette with braces, no make-up and into decorating her bedroom. Flash forward 5 years and she's already married with a one year old. It just emphasized that she was barely on the other side of puberty before she walked down the aisle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, louannems said:

Why does it look like two stock pots are stacked?  I know that can't be but what is going on in that picture?

To me, it looks like a really big pot of soup. Regardless, Jill shows so little of what she feeds her family that I'm sure she reads here and got right to cooking.

The Rod slaves did all the washing, peeling and chopping, I'm sure.

I think we are seeing the reflection of the out on the glass top range.

• Love 1

That is a small stock pot - it's smaller than the burner and look at in comparison to knobs...it's maybe 8 quarts. That sounds like a lot but is not nearly enough to feed 14 people. Hell, my boys would eat that much alone, plus a loaf of homemade bread. It looks like she used water instead of beef stock (ground beef and cabbage will not make much of a broth). Cabbage soup should also have tomato paste or something to punch up the flavor and give it some body. This is literally the cabbage water people would eat during the Depression.

• Love 9
On 8/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, Temperance said:

David Rod is 48 and overweight and probably not as fertile as in his younger days either. 

Yes. People always comment on the woman’s fertility but just because men keep making sperm doesn’t mean the number or quality is high enough to conceive naturally. David’s fertility matters.  

• Love 5
22 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

580BD0A0-6EDA-405E-94B3-0F79E7D933C2.jpeg

7ED4C1DC-090C-436A-AFCF-A50A6B893E09.jpeg

🙄🙄🙄 

I think it may be my pain med kicking in.

I read Jill's first sentence as "(Best Multi-Vitamin and VITA-BLO) on the market!"

BTW, she really screwed up the spelling of "absorption" in the last sentence didn't she?

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I hope David's sermons are more inspiring the that sleep-inducing video that shows what the kids do all day--build illegal structures and work in a printshop.

If Covid has been hard on the Rodrigueses' ability to travel and grift, what are they going to do with all those printed tracts when their dear leader dismantles the postal system?  

Sorry, but the stuff in that pot looks like vomit. The spoon looks slimy. Jill really should share the recipe. 

I read your first sentence as “I hope David’s semen are more inspiring” and thinking “my god! That’s horrifying!! WHY?!”

Edited by Enya Face
Spelling and shit
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Recipe for HOMEMADE SLOP Soup for Dinner. Ymm. Ymm. 

This recipe came from a dear church friend who gave us a free house that we sold for a profit so we could get out of town and buy a barn to house our family away from local authorities. Serves a family of 14 (with four sons fasting for Jesus and three daughters SEVERELY dieting to attract potential mates.)

1/4 pound (grifted) very fatty ground beef

1 medium chopped onion

1 pound chopped white vegetables (anything that floats)

leftover noodles, bread, and/or popcorn

water (preferably clean)

lots of salt

----------------------------

Fry the beef and onion in a big pot on your sleek new cooktop wonderful hubby installed. (Ignore smell of burning electrical wires.) 

Reduce heat to low to keep house from catching on fire.

Toss in rest of stuff.

Fill pot to the brim with water. 

Have young female child stand on a chair and stir for one hour without stopping.

Serve in big bowl for hubby along with a cheeseburger on a bakery bun, lettuce and tomato. Portion out rest in half cup servings for any children eligible to eat.

Makes a wonderful leftover!

You could really dress up this meal with a salad and homemade bread.  😆

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

This recipe came from a dear church friend who gave us a free house that we sold for a profit so we could get out of town and buy a barn to house our family away from local authorities. Serves a family of 14 (with four sons fasting for Jesus and three daughters SEVERELY dieting to attract potential mates.)

1 medium chopped onion

water (preferably clean)

lots of salt

Fry the beef and onion in a big pot on your sleek new cooktop wonderful hubby installed. (Ignore smell of burning electrical wires.) 

Toss in rest of stuff.

Have young female child stand on a chair and stir for one hour without stopping.

Serve in big bowl for hubby along with a cheeseburger on a bakery bun, lettuce and tomato. Portion out rest in half cup servings for any children eligible to eat.

I'm sure they need salt and hot water to sterilize it.LOL

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

1 medium chopped onion

water (preferably clean)

lots of salt

Toss in rest of stuff.

@BradandJanet- "anything that floats"!  😂

• LOL 3

Those pictures have to be two different people. Joints that look like the right don't look normal after anything, other than photoshop or using someone else's hands. Ugh this woman and her stupid, useless Plexus.

And what the hell is wrong with those nailbeds? EW (er maybe it's bad fake nails there, not so sure anymore)

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

December 27, 2019, page 408 of this forum. The face is still ugly, but the hands look fine. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-21 at 8.00.17 PM.png

I don't think the before/after hands are Jill's. Jill pilfers stuff from the Plexus sales site and posts it as her own original content. No citations, ever.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think the before/after hands are Jill's. Jill pilfers stuff from the Plexus sales site and posts it as her own original content. No citations, ever.

I agree the hands belong to an elderly person 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Unfortunately, she claims in the post that the before and after hands are hers and is clearly suggesting Plexus has calmed her gut and "fixed" her hands. 

Shrek and Jill need to get real jobs. Jill's going to get herself in trouble and lose her gig, if not worse, if she's not careful. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don’t either. The knuckles on the left hand are showing definite signs of arthritis. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Unfortunately, she claims in the post that the before and after hands are hers and is clearly suggesting Plexus has calmed her gut and "fixed" her hands. 

Shrek and Jill need to get real jobs. Jill's going to get herself in trouble and lose her gig, if not worse, if she's not careful. 

She put the claim in quotes, so she's tacitly quoting someone else. She would just write it straight up if she was making the claim about herself 

Plus, she has man hands. No way the hand on the right is hers.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

You are right.I went back and re read it. Jill does claim it’s her hands. Clearly a lie. Gee a godly woman Jillcatraz is lying.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I agree the hands belong to an elderly person 

Yup...I'm 61, with a little bit of moderate inflammation in a couple of fingers. My hands barely even look as bad as the "after" photos on her post. There is no way those are her hands, and if the "after" photos actually are, that's hardly anything to gloat about at 41.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

1 medium chopped onion

water (preferably clean)

lots of salt

Toss in rest of stuff.

I bet $5 that’s exactly what happened. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Is there a law about such crap?

369665F7-C3E8-4498-942E-62BA37FB40D0.jpeg

Unless her little finger actually grew longer, these do not appear to be the same hands.  What we can see of thumb appears a different shape, also.  Also notice how much lower the webbing of the little finger is in the first picture.  I call foul.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Jill's inflammation post is really, really wrong. If one of my students uses unsourced "evidence" to make a claim, the paper comes back with a stern note, if not a failing grade. Most eighteen-year-olds know better. 

Plexus probably doesn't deal with the brightest sales agents, but misleading advertising is a problem for the company. Be careful, Jill. If you end up costing the company more than you bring in, you may not be worth the trouble. 

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Shrek and Jill do work. Grifting 24/7/365. I bet the Amish farmers gave Jill produce. The baby goats were cute though.

Jill of course gets $100 for selling Plexus. Which she then spends on makeup.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 2