Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Zella said:

I bet some Plexus would fix that for him. . . . 😉 

Don't give Jill any ideas! The last thing they need is to have more poor, underfed children. 😕

1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Can someone explain in words of one syllable, possibly involving hand puppets and Powerpoint, why anyone, ANYONE, needs to describe the nursing habits of their toddler on social media?

Seriously, WTAF??? 

Jill's just bragging that she still CAN do it. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Can someone explain in words of one syllable, possibly involving hand puppets and Powerpoint, why anyone, ANYONE, needs to describe the nursing habits of their toddler on social media?

Seriously, WTAF??? 

In one of Jill's videos, at first, I thought Janessa was fiddling with Jill's blouse to unbutton it for a demonstration of Jill's amazing physiology. Fortunately, she was just playing with the necklace. 

Most of the nursing probably takes place in that upholstered chair across from the toilet in the barndo's bathroom of many angles. 

• LOL 9
4 hours ago, lianau said:

Exceed ? Not  a native speaker so what do I know . 

You certainly know more than JillR!

7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

3C1944CF-2E01-4EE5-96D8-6FA383AE1533.jpegSuceed?

I love this more than I should. Is it real or from that parody account? I'm laughing because I truly can't tell. JillR - the gift that keeps on giving. (And, the grift who keeps on grifting. . . )

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I did not see one other person there with their phone out. Church is so great, JillR stands in the front pew with her fucking phone filming everyone.

Life is not an IG post.

I wonder how many people in the new church are now secretly sorry that Jill and her gang infiltrated them. I'll bet it's more than one......And they ain't seen nuthin' yet. (And how many secretly want to adopt and abscond with those malnourished, put-upon children.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
40 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder how many people in the new church are now secretly sorry that Jill and her gang infiltrated them. I'll bet it's more than one......And they ain't seen nuthin' yet. (And how many secretly want to adopt and abscond with those malnourished, put-upon children.)

I suppose they will sigh and consider it their Christian duty to care for their brothers and sisters in Christ as they continue to hand out stuff to JillR and her grifting family. Maybe it will divert a little of their energy from hating everything and everybody in the world who doesn't look like them and think like them and worship their brand of the correct Jesus. IOW I have no f*cks to give for that congregation. They probably deserve the Rods.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

You certainly know more than JillR!

I love this more than I should. Is it real or from that parody account? I'm laughing because I truly can't tell. JillR - the gift that keeps on giving. (And, the grift who keeps on grifting. . . )

Looks like a real account 

9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

3C1944CF-2E01-4EE5-96D8-6FA383AE1533.jpegSuceed?

Is “Tiffany” an adult? She looks like when an 11-year-old gets dragged to the mall to take glamour shots with grandma. I hope she only bought the crap products and didn’t get suckered into joining Jill’s pyramid scheme.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

As a clarinet player, it drives me crazy that Tessie (?) holds her horn to the side rather than in front of her.  You can still be modest and hold your clarinet properly. She’s not going to get great tone or sound because she can’t put her mouth the correct way on the mouthpiece holding it like that.  Of course, she’ll never get the chance to play in a high school, college or community band or major in music, but it would so much easier for her to play if their modesty standards didn’t force her to hold it unnaturally.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

As a clarinet player, it drives me crazy that Tessie (?) holds her horn to the side rather than in front of her.  You can still be modest and hold your clarinet properly. She’s not going to get great tone or sound because she can’t put her mouth the correct way on the mouthpiece holding it like that.  Of course, she’ll never get the chance to play in a high school, college or community band or major in music, but it would so much easier for her to play if their modesty standards didn’t force her to hold it unnaturally.

I played the clarinet, and noticed that too. We had some relatively conservative band members in school, but no one ever held it like that. The band director wouldn’t allow it because he knew it would negatively impact your embouchure.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Maybe it will divert a little of their energy from hating everything and everybody in the world who doesn't look like them and think like them and worship their brand of the correct Jesus. IOW I have no f*cks to give for that congregation. They probably deserve the Rods

Wow @Jeeves you almost made me think of the Rods as actually serving a purpose.  Almost.

• LOL 7

This may be a really dumb question but how could holding a clarinet properly be construed as immodest? I had a friend who played the clarinet, but I never remember that coming up.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Zella said:

This may be a really dumb question but how could holding a clarinet properly be construed as immodest? I had a friend who played the clarinet, but I never remember that coming up.

Not a clarinet player, but from looking at the picture, would she need to separate her knees to hold it in front?

I don't really see that as a problem with longer dresses/skirts though.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Not a clarinet player, but from looking at the picture, would she need to separate her knees to hold it in front?

I don't really see that as a problem with longer dresses/skirts though.

I could see that! I studied quite a few pictures of clarinet players and even with my filthy mind, I couldn't find anything that looked racy. Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Let's just say that the Rods would rather concern themselves with the world of ugly clothing than the world of good music. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Because of her small size, she’s have to place the clarinet betwixt her thighs, right in the pelvis area. I bet she rides a horse side saddle too, and will never get on a bicycle 🙄

If it’s such an issue she could have just stood up to play the damned thing.

ETA: Oops, someone beat me to it. If Jill thinks that’s scandalous, she outta introduce them to the cello. That thing sits between my knees so much I named him Marcello.

Thanks! I always enjoy the wide range of stuff I learn on here! 

I think these people who claim to be super modest  think more about sex than Freud did. But even Siggy could admit that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 23

I was invited to a Back to School online event by a colleague. Kind of weird seeing as I don't have school age children. Well, it would be JillR's dream come true. Its a bunch of MLMers pitching their shit in short videos. Not sure what all their spices, oils, diet mixes, etc have to do with going back to school, but after one peek, I was out.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Okay I actually snort laughed at the mental image of every residence in the county receiving mail from  David Jill in their hands. Let's ignore the implication that every house has hands. 😉 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 18
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, lianau said:

blowing a phallic object ?

I’m no expert, but it seems to me that if one uses...ahem...a similar technique to playing a clarinet in...ahem....other situations, the recipient of aforementioned technique is going to need the services of a urologist STAT.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

This does not look like enough soup for her family. Maybe a cup and a half each?

Um, so did God come down and give them the beef (looks like chicken to me but what do I know? 🤷🏼‍♀️) and the vegetables? Does God deliver?

Can’t these people ever just go to Aldi’s and buy beef and vegetables and make a damn pot of soup and call it a day?

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Um, so did God come down and give them the beef (looks like chicken to me but what do I know? 🤷🏼‍♀️) and the vegetables? Does God deliver?

It sounds like God is one of the ingredients.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

This does not look like enough soup for her family. Maybe a cup and a half each?

Maybe it's a loaves and fishes sort of situation and that's why Jill is thanking Jesus?

20 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Can’t these people ever just go to Aldi’s and buy beef and vegetables and make a damn pot of soup and call it a day?

God didn't give them the beef, the Dinguses did.  Jill probably grifted the vegetables, too.  Aside from the fact that there is no way that is enough soup to feed that many people, there is no way that David would consider that a meal, no matter what the quantity.  I presume that the soup was just a first course for him and he had a whole chicken and a couple of pounds of mashed potatoes for an entree. A couple of the older kids were probably told it was time for them to start a fast so the soup would feed the rest.  It is also mid August and in the '80's today, not exactly soup weather.

• Love 6

Why does it look like two stock pots are stacked?  I know that can't be but what is going on in that picture?

To me, it looks like a really big pot of soup. Regardless, Jill shows so little of what she feeds her family that I'm sure she reads here and got right to cooking.

The Rod slaves did all the washing, peeling and chopping, I'm sure.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Seriously, how hard is it to focus on the subject of the picture which is presumably the slop in that pot?

Plus, she says it's beef, but...was it culled from an albino cow? Is beef white?!

That soup is gonna feed those kids for a week. 

5 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Seriously, how hard is it to focus on the subject of the picture which is presumably the slop in that pot?

Plus, she says it's beef, but...was it culled from an albino cow? Is beef white?!

That soup is gonna feed those kids for a week. 

Could that be cabbage floating on top?