Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

He looks physically ill. And utterly exhausted. 

Yes!  That about sums it up!  

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Yikes, some of his family has it too. Is it safe to nurse when infected with covid?

Yes. It is safe and recommended, with typical sanitary precautions. Look up WHO and CDC guidelines. I’m a professional in the field 😁

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

Layla does not have COVID or at least hasn't tested positive. 

Carlin and Evan update

For those who don't want to click the link. 

"In a statement to PEOPLE, the couple said that after learning about their positive diagnosis, caring for Layla was their "first concern."

"We recently tested positive for COVID-19. Of course, our first concern was for our little Layla, as she has already had some breathing difficulties since birth. Fortunately, Layla was already visiting Evan’s parents when we found out we had the virus. We lengthened her stay there, continuing to stay separated from her through the majority of our quarantine," the couple explained.

"Unfortunately, some of Evan’s family members also tested positive, so we felt it best for Layla to return with us, where she could at least continue to get antibodies from nursing. We had mild cases, and are thankful as we are on the final leg of recovery," they continued. "However, it has made us so much more mindful of the many who have already faced the threat of exposure or who have dealt with fears in some manner. We will continue to pray for healing for our country and we are grateful for those who have sent such kind messages to our family."

I suspected Layla did not have COVID, because her health issues would probably lead to greater concern. 

I hope Layla is okay and her parents continue to recover. 

No way those two morons wrote that! 

Is Michael doing a LPN program? I've never heard of a one-year RN program, except LPN to RN. Unless it's "nursing" like Jill Duggar did "midwifery." 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Zella said:

That closeup final picture will haunt my nightmares for awhile. . . . 

Does she really think that’s a good picture?  She posts a lot that aren’t very flattering but this is not something I would have posted.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, sondraK said:

That's same card family killer Chris Watts gave to his mistress back in '18,bf he killed his whole family.

Not implying David would do that,the card gives me the creeps

Whoa, that's fascinating coincidence! Do you have any documentation about the card? I don't know much about that case.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

Does she really think that’s a good picture?  She posts a lot that aren’t very flattering but this is not something I would have posted.

That's a good question. She posts a lot of really awful pictures of herself but seems convinced they are good pictures? I think she's just one of those people who thinks she can do no wrong, so, of course, every picture of her is magnificent! 

• Love 3

So we have new photos from the wedding from hell aka Allison Bontrager's and Jeremiah Helferich's wedding. 

They do look nice, and Allison and Jeremiah have more chemistry than they did at the wedding. 

There's one causual photo of the wedding party. It looks the bride's brother Denver is standing close to one of the groom's sisters.  It's a possible courtship.  Two of Allison's brothers married women who are sisters, so it wouldn't be the first time for this family. All of Allison's wedding party was family. 

AllisonJeremiah wedding pictures

• Useful 4
31 minutes ago, Heathen said:

No way those two morons wrote that! 

Is Michael doing a LPN program? I've never heard of a one-year RN program, except LPN to RN. Unless it's "nursing" like Jill Duggar did "midwifery." 

They absolutely did not write that! And do they realize it’s a global pandemic, not just in the US?

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Temperance said:

So we have new photos from the wedding from hell aka Allison Bontrager's and Jeremiah Helferich's wedding. 

They do look nice, and Allison and Jeremiah have more chemistry than they did at the wedding. 

There's one causual photo of the wedding party. It looks the bride's brother Denver is standing close to one of the groom's sisters.  It's a possible courtship.  Two of Allison's brothers married women who are sisters, so it wouldn't be the first time for this family. All of Allison's wedding party was family. 

One mask in all those photos with all those people. Stupid. 

The dork factor in that church must have reached an all-time high. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

So we are done mourning Nurie? 

That was only said to show off the wonderful vacations they had. I don’t think Jill cares that much about Nuri. Only that Nuri is no longer her maid/starving for Jesus.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Temperance said:

One thing I think I realised looking at the pictures of Allison's wedding pictures. All of her married bridal attendants are in navy blue. The unmarried woman are wearing either pale blue or cerulean blue. 

Chelsy's aging in dog years. She looked s!oppy.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

Heh.  In one of the pics where the bride and groom are alone in front of the gazebo, Allison is looking at the camera and Jeremiah is looking at her, but if you look down you can see he's standing on her foot.  Her toes are clearly under his cowboy boot.

• LOL 9
24 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Heh.  In one of the pics where the bride and groom are alone in front of the gazebo, Allison is looking at the camera and Jeremiah is looking at her, but if you look down you can see he's standing on her foot.  Her toes are clearly under his cowboy boot.

Wow, it looks like he does it a bunch and with her strappy heels, I don't know how she isn't screaming about it.

Also, why can none of these men have a properly hemmed pair of pants?! It's your wedding. Get measured so you have the proper inseam. It's not hard!

• Love 5
On 8/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, AussiesRule said:

I thought at first that Shrek was on the counter when she walked into the kitchen. I know I wouldn't feel blessed if I saw that!

Shrek always looks like an animal caught in a trap. I imagine I'd feel similarly around JRod.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

as notw Layla does not have COVID or at least hasn't tested positive. 

Carlin and Evan update

"In a statement to PEOPLE, the couple said that after learning about their positive diagnosis, caring for Layla was their "first concern."

"We recently tested positive for COVID-19. Of course, our first concern was for our little Layla, as she has already had some breathing difficulties since birth. Fortunately, Layla was already visiting Evan’s parents when we found out we had the virus. We lengthened her stay there, continuing to stay separated from her through the majority of our quarantine," the couple explained.

"Unfortunately, some of Evan’s family members also tested positive, so we felt it best for Layla to return with us, where she could at least continue to get antibodies from nursing. We had mild cases, and are thankful as we are on the final leg of recovery," they continued. "However, it has made us so much more mindful of the many who have already faced the threat of exposure or who have dealt with fears in some manner. We will continue to pray for healing for our country and we are grateful for those who have sent such kind messages to our family."

I suspected Layla did not have COVID, because her health issues would probably lead to greater concern. 

As noted above, breastfeeding when mom is COVID positive is fine, there's no evidence of transmission through the milk.  If the baby is going to be with mom, it doesn't matter if it's breast or bottle.

So, these two COVIDIOTS caught COVID and risked the health of their fragile baby, and the only lesson they learned was that they needed to pray harder?  How about figuring out that they should've been wearing masks and social distancing?  And maybe passing that message along to their leghumpers?

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures: 

Looking at these photos makes me remember how beautiful that part of Ohio is and how awful that these two ugly souls are living there.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

All I can see is the groom and every other dam*ed adult male in that group with their pants puddled around their ankles looking a mess.  HEM YOUR PANTS, MORONS!

I did like the bride's dress and her bridesmaids' dresses were ok, could've been worse.

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

So, these two COVIDIOTS caught COVID and risked the health of their fragile baby, and the only lesson they learned was that they needed to pray harder?  How about figuring out that they should've been wearing masks and social distancing?  And maybe passing that message along to their leghumpers?

They’re pandering to their demographic by passing along the message the leghumpers want to hear: “We caught this virus and we’re FINE! It’s really not a big deal at all! No worse than a bad cold! All this nonsense about masks and distancing is SO exaggerated. Because Jesus!”

• Love 1

Jill wrote the word "Jilly" herself - the handwriting looks different and how would anyone know that he meant her?

or

Jill wrote the whole thing herself and bought herself the presents. (no grown man dots is "i" with circles...in fact no young boy does that either. Boys don't experiment with their handwriting and try those cutesy tricks with it...well, no grown woman does wther. Most of us leave that aside in the 4th or 5th grade)

or 

Both - she just wrote the Jilly in later

She is jealous of Nathan and Nurie. Nathan is giving Nurie attention, gifts, and praise (they are newlyweds - that is normal and expected!). She has also gone online and has read about how sweet Nathan has been to Nurie and how happy they look.  She has also read the criticisms of Shrek and his lack of a paying job and his seeming indifference to her.

Jill cannot stand anyone getting more attention and praise than her. SHE must be the most loved. SHE must have the best husband. SHE must have the best marriage. 

She is always trying to convince the rest of us how wonderful her husband is, how sexy and desirable, and how perfect their relationship is and how much she is loved by her husband and children.  Hey lady, we're not the ones that need convincing - you are!

• Love 23
13 hours ago, Temperance said:

Layla does not have COVID or at least hasn't tested positive. 

Carlin and Evan update

I talked to my niece about covid recently..she is an ER NP...she as well as the ER staff have all had and recovered from covid.....my concern is according to her - not all covid is covid or corona....it could be the common cold or flue or Pneumonia ...and it is what is creating a lot of false positives according to her...so could Evan and Carlin have a false positive and maybe really have the flu? if so then that means there is a false sense of safety in regards to the baby getting antibodies...Im not a medical person and my niece explained it more clearly ...so maybe a medical person can elaborate....I just hate that the baby would be put at risk.

• Love 1
On 8/17/2020 at 10:53 PM, AussiesRule said:

I thought at first that Shrek was on the counter when she walked into the kitchen. I know I wouldn't feel blessed if I saw that!

14 hours ago, Zella said:

That closeup final picture will haunt my nightmares for awhile. . . . 

I needed a warning before looking at all those pictures. Almost lost my breakfast.

2 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

They’re pandering to their demographic by passing along the message the leghumpers want to hear: “We caught this virus and we’re FINE! It’s really not a big deal at all! No worse than a bad cold! All this nonsense about masks and distancing is SO exaggerated. Because Jesus!”

And no mention of Joy, Austyn & Giddy being safe (hopefully) after the Forsythe's visit with them.  I know the time frames don't coordinate but they could  have added a sentence stating  they are thankful the Forsythe's are safe, esp Joy after their visit. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

And no mention of Joy, Austyn & Giddy being safe (hopefully) after the Forsythe's visit with them.  I know the time frames don't coordinate but they could  have added a sentence stating  they are thankful the Forsythe's are safe, esp Joy after their visit. 

IMO, they would never do that because it would be an admission that they were irresponsible. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

I talked to my niece about covid recently..she is an ER NP...she as well as the ER staff have all had and recovered from covid.....my concern is according to her - not all covid is covid or corona....it could be the common cold or flue or Pneumonia ...and it is what is creating a lot of false positives according to her...so could Evan and Carlin have a false positive and maybe really have the flu? if so then that means there is a false sense of safety in regards to the baby getting antibodies...Im not a medical person and my niece explained it more clearly ...so maybe a medical person can elaborate....I just hate that the baby would be put at risk.

It depends on the test used. The FDA just flagged a test from Thermo Fisher as having an unacceptably high false positive rate  It has something to do with a glitch in the testing software and with lab staff not centrifuging specimens for long enough.  I'm not sure what the rate of false positives was with this test, but a prior test that was flagged had a 3% false positive rate which means that, even with a bad test, if you get a positive result, there is a 97% chance it is correct.  The FDA also issued instructions for labs on how to update the software and properly centrifuge the test which should make it more accurate.

Then, there are the rapid COVID tests which provide results in 15 minutes.  Those do not test for the same thing as the longer tests and are far less accurate and false positives, especially in people who are asymptomatic are a big problem.  Most labs and hospitals refuse to use them because of the lack of accuracy.  This is the test being used at the White House, however, and there have been false positives there.  Ohio's governor was supposed to make an appearance with the President last week, but tested positive on the rapid test as did his wife.  They were both retested later with a more reliable test and were negative-twice.  So, beware of the quick-result tests.

With any test, the accuracy is dependent on the prevalence of the disease in the population.  In other words, if you have no symptoms, a positive COVID test is more likely to be a false positive while those who have symptoms are more likely to have a true positive.  It also means that, in hotspots where there are a lot of infected people; a positive test is much more likely to be a true positive than a positive test in an area where not many people have COVID at present.  The reverse is true with false negative tests.  If you're sick and there is a COVID outbreak in your area, a negative test could be a false negative which is why these are often repeated.

• Useful 10
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Insert Username said:

Jill wrote the word "Jilly" herself - the handwriting looks different and how would anyone know that he meant her?

or

Jill wrote the whole thing herself and bought herself the presents. (no grown man dots is "i" with circles...in fact no young boy does that either. Boys don't experiment with their handwriting and try those cutesy tricks with it...well, no grown woman does wther. Most of us leave that aside in the 4th or 5th grade)

or 

Both - she just wrote the Jilly in later

She is jealous of Nathan and Nurie. Nathan is giving Nurie attention, gifts, and praise (they are newlyweds - that is normal and expected!). She has also gone online and has read about how sweet Nathan has been to Nurie and how happy they look.  She has also read the criticisms of Shrek and his lack of a paying job and his seeming indifference to her.

Jill cannot stand anyone getting more attention and praise than her. SHE must be the most loved. SHE must have the best husband. SHE must have the best marriage. 

She is always trying to convince the rest of us how wonderful her husband is, how sexy and desirable, and how perfect their relationship is and how much she is loved by her husband and children.  Hey lady, we're not the ones that need convincing - you are!

Yes,I'd be impressed if David had a real job.If he even bagged groceries 20 hours a week,he could get benefits and feed his family.Or Jill could get some fundy approved job.Those poor kids look malnourished.

My husb.works 40 hours a week,sometimes more,sometimes in the hot sun or bitter cold,and we take no handouts.Take that Jill!

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 13

Allison was a beautiful bride.  She looks much more relaxed than her new baby daddy husband, but hopefully (after the wedding night), he'll have a matched look.  I found two people in all of the pics wearing a mask.  Two.  It's only a matter of time before people start showing symptoms.  Towards the bottom of the picture page, there's an absolutely adorable little girl that is just too cute.  And finally, if I caught a group of people leaning against my car, I would smack them with a bible tract.  

I gots nuttin' for the latest Jill & Shrek.  He needs to get his balls out of Jill's purse, and she needs to be banned from the Dollar Tree makeup aisle.  Hey, I had something after all 😉 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11

the new closet nursery is already set up and waiting - Janessa can move into a toddler bed in the "girl's room" a.k.a  the fire trap -since Tessie probably moved up to nurie's bed and then sophia or hannah(?) then moved to Tessie's old bed.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lianau said:

Of course she loves to nurse , it's all the food she'll get for the day . 

It's the only reason Janessa doesn't look malnourished like her siblings, IMO.  I presume Jilly is upset she hasn't gotten pregnant again and she thinks maybe the breastfeeding is the problem, so that's why she's ready to quit.  Except, nursing a 2 year old twice a day is not going to prevent ovulation.  I'm hoping Mama's eggs have reached their expiration date.  I also expect that the reason that Jill has apparently stepped up her efforts to get a bun in the oven is so that she can make sure that she can steal the thunder from Nurie who is probably going to be knocked up in short order.  Or, at least, Jill is afraid she will be, and it just won't do for the attention to shift elsewhere.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It depends on the test used. The FDA just flagged a test from Thermo Fisher as having an unacceptably high false positive rate  It has something to do with a glitch in the testing software and with lab staff not centrifuging specimens for long enough.  I'm not sure what the rate of false positives was with this test, but a prior test that was flagged had a 3% false positive rate which means that, even with a bad test, if you get a positive result, there is a 97% chance it is correct.  The FDA also issued instructions for labs on how to update the software and properly centrifuge the test which should make it more accurate.

Then, there are the rapid COVID tests which provide results in 15 minutes.  Those do not test for the same thing as the longer tests and are far less accurate and false positives, especially in people who are asymptomatic are a big problem.  Most labs and hospitals refuse to use them because of the lack of accuracy.  This is the test being used at the White House, however, and there have been false positives there.  Ohio's governor was supposed to make an appearance with the President last week, but tested positive on the rapid test as did his wife.  They were both retested later with a more reliable test and were negative-twice.  So, beware of the quick-result tests.

With any test, the accuracy is dependent on the prevalence of the disease in the population.  In other words, if you have no symptoms, a positive COVID test is more likely to be a false positive while those who have symptoms are more likely to have a true positive.  It also means that, in hotspots where there are a lot of infected people; a positive test is much more likely to be a true positive than a positive test in an area where not many people have COVID at present.  The reverse is true with false negative tests.  If you're sick and there is a COVID outbreak in your area, a negative test could be a false negative which is why these are often repeated.

thanks for the answer...thats what she said..lol...but I could not relay the answer...not enough Healthcare knowledge as it is not my field...:)

28 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Maybe that’s why he looks so miserable/vacant Jilly is jumping his bones all the time.

He's been blinking an SOS to us the whole time. 

• LOL 14

Hopefully Jilly won’t kill him during intimate touching haha. He is so fat I’m surprised he didn’t have a heart attack yet!

Jilly would be on the prowl for hubby #2! Hot widow with 12 mouths to feed! 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 1