Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 8/15/2020 at 5:53 AM, Jeeves said:

he Kellers are reported to be diehard about stern family rules. Their kids got to talk about sensitive things and their feelings with their mother - in one fifteen-minute scheduled slot per week.

To be fair, that was when she had a whole parcel of children. My guess is as the older children moved out there was more time for the ones still at home. Also, I was a very strict  & rigid parent because I adopted 5 kids with issues whose age range was very close. As a grandparent and mother-in-law, I'm a lot more laid back and fun. Suzette may skate that line, also.

• Love 18
4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Third and fourth year medical students are still doing their clinical rotations.  My guess is nursing students are too.  They don't necessarily have to have contact with Covid patients.  I just don't know where Michaela goes to school and if her school is affiliated with any teaching hospitals.

Probably depends on where they are studying.  Here in Ohio, all of the medical and nursing schools suspended all clinicals when things heated up in mid-March.  Aside from the potential liability issues should a student catch COVID at a hospital or clinic (or more likely catch it elsewhere and spread it to sick patients and healthcare workers), there was also the fact that there wasn't nearly enough PPE to go around for the actual caregivers.  Letting students use up precious PPE was a nonstarter and all students were given virtual assignments, etc in lieu of clinicals.  The medical schools actually graduated their classes a month and a half early so that the graduates could start their residencies sooner if they were needed,

Nursing and medical students were brought back to their clinical rotations in June around here.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

Quick question,  does David pick out cards like that all by himself? Or does he make one of his daughters pick it out?  Or does Jill buy them and make David sign the card so she can tell all of her followers how great she has it?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, awaken said:

He looks so vacant and lifeless. No personality or expression on his face. 

Jill sucked it out of him.

(Get your mind out of the gutter, you know a righteous holy woman of Dog wouldn't do THAT!) 

• LOL 21
39 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

"I love you! Jilly" rather than "I love you, Jilly!" is making me twitchy...

Same! It's like she signed the card herself rather than it being a card to her. Not that I wouldn't put it past her.

Also the caption paired with the first pic implies that David was what was on the counter rather than the card and flowers. LOL

• Love 8
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Probably depends on where they are studying.  Here in Ohio, all of the medical and nursing schools suspended all clinicals when things heated up in mid-March.  Aside from the potential liability issues should a student catch COVID at a hospital or clinic (or more likely catch it elsewhere and spread it to sick patients and healthcare workers), there was also the fact that there wasn't nearly enough PPE to go around for the actual caregivers.  Letting students use up precious PPE was a nonstarter and all students were given virtual assignments, etc in lieu of clinicals.  The medical schools actually graduated their classes a month and a half early so that the graduates could start their residencies sooner if they were needed,

Nursing and medical students were brought back to their clinical rotations in June around here.

I just had this conversation with my daughter the other day.  She and her husband have faculty positions at a big teaching hospital in Oregon.  They said that the students were doing their clinical rotations, but Oregon has not had nearly as many cases as Ohio.  I guess it varies from state to state.  And it is possible the rotations were suspended in the spring- I did not ask.
My daughter has been working from home a lot- even her weekly ID clinic was done remotely for the last few months.  

• Useful 4

That's same card family killer Chris Watts gave to his mistress back in '18,bf he killed his whole family.

Not implying David would do that,the card gives me the creeps

Edited by sondraK
1 hour ago, AussiesRule said:

I thought at first that Shrek was on the counter when she walked into the kitchen. I know I wouldn't feel blessed if I saw that!

You can keep your hunk  Jill . Nobody else wants him . 

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

These two fuckwits never should have had children. So selfish. 

eta: Michael Keilen's program is in TN. They've been pretty lax there, so she may well have only missed a little bit of clinicals. She is in a one year program, which she started about a year ago, so she may still need a couple months to finish up.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, sondraK said:

That's same card family killer Chris Watts gave to his mistress back in '18,bf he killed his whole family.

Not implying David would do that,the card gives me the creeps

Oh wow I didn't realize! I'm a pretty hardened true crime buff, but that case still freaks me out. Agreed doesn't seem like something David would do, but I have sometimes wondered about some of these other fundie families. I worked with a guy who was a super fundie who had a wife and 2 kids, and honestly that dude gave me Jeffrey MacDonald vibes. Really hope I'm wrong about that, but something just seemed very off with him and they both seemed trapped. 

Edited by Zella
1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I’m so sick of that bitch getting gifts. She doesn’t deserve it.

Jill makes her kids give her gifts. I am sure they don’t want too. They rather get treats for themselves not buy DEAR MAMA 99th teddy bear that she displays in her room.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

The female servants do a good job of keeping the kitchen clean, however. 

Probably more proof of how little it is really used.  Although I'm sure Jill would have them redo any job not up to her standards.

17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

What about the codpiece of strength? There has to be something between the belt of truth and the feet.

Draw that one, kids. 

YES! Oh my stars, this is brilliant. And, my sluttish self might do it, haha. There is a “giant Rod” joke in there somewhere, but it’s too early for that. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

David’s shirt  pocket:

37C8C453-E69A-4117-A6B5-4FFEF1F47CFA.jpeg

He might as well wear a giant tee shirt that says, “If you even make eye contact I will God bother you until you run away screaming.”

No wonder he doesn’t have a job with actual, you know, people.

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Why does JillR always photograph herself from such weird angles? Also, why does JillR always photograph herself!

Jill is a Narcissistic woman 

I should call her Narcissa and Shrek 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

So would Shrek. He is SEVERELY not handsome. 

True. But Jill has a nose that hangs down to her upper lip and a chin that's out of fairytales about why children should not wander into the dark woods alone. The photo of Jill and Shrek in the kitchen with the roses and card made Jill look almost as bad as hubby. Her plexus photos are heavily filtered. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

True. But Jill has a nose that hangs down to her upper lip and a chin that's out of fairytales about why children should not wander into the dark woods alone. The photo of Jill and Shrek in the kitchen with the roses and card made Jill look almost as bad as hubby. Her plexus photos are heavily filtered. 

@BradandJanet, I cannot begin to describe the laughter that’s coming out of me. Mr. Face came home early from work and found me cackling. I tried explaining what was so damn funny, but he finally said “you’re reading your forums aren’t you?” Lol. 

• LOL 13

Layla does not have COVID or at least hasn't tested positive. 

Carlin and Evan update

For those who don't want to click the link. 

"In a statement to PEOPLE, the couple said that after learning about their positive diagnosis, caring for Layla was their "first concern."

"We recently tested positive for COVID-19. Of course, our first concern was for our little Layla, as she has already had some breathing difficulties since birth. Fortunately, Layla was already visiting Evan’s parents when we found out we had the virus. We lengthened her stay there, continuing to stay separated from her through the majority of our quarantine," the couple explained.

"Unfortunately, some of Evan’s family members also tested positive, so we felt it best for Layla to return with us, where she could at least continue to get antibodies from nursing. We had mild cases, and are thankful as we are on the final leg of recovery," they continued. "However, it has made us so much more mindful of the many who have already faced the threat of exposure or who have dealt with fears in some manner. We will continue to pray for healing for our country and we are grateful for those who have sent such kind messages to our family."

I suspected Layla did not have COVID, because her health issues would probably lead to greater concern. 

I hope Layla is okay and her parents continue to recover. 

• Useful 8
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Layla does not have COVID or at least hasn't tested positive. 

Carlin and Evan update

For those who don't want to click the link. 

"In a statement to PEOPLE, the couple said that after learning about their positive diagnosis, caring for Layla was their "first concern."

"We recently tested positive for COVID-19. Of course, our first concern was for our little Layla, as she has already had some breathing difficulties since birth. Fortunately, Layla was already visiting Evan’s parents when we found out we had the virus. We lengthened her stay there, continuing to stay separated from her through the majority of our quarantine," the couple explained.

"Unfortunately, some of Evan’s family members also tested positive, so we felt it best for Layla to return with us, where she could at least continue to get antibodies from nursing. We had mild cases, and are thankful as we are on the final leg of recovery," they continued. "However, it has made us so much more mindful of the many who have already faced the threat of exposure or who have dealt with fears in some manner. We will continue to pray for healing for our country and we are grateful for those who have sent such kind messages to our family."

I suspected Layla did not have COVID, because her health issues would probably lead to greater concern. 

I hope Layla is okay and her parents continue to recover. 

Yikes, some of his family has it too. Is it safe to nurse when infected with covid?

• Useful 6
Just now, Westiepeach said:

So we are done mourning Nurie? 

I think she was waiting for Nurie to snap and cry about wanting to come home, and when she didn't and clearly was having a blast without them, Jill lost interest. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

"I love you! Jilly" rather than "I love you, Jilly!" is making me twitchy...

Me too!  My father was an English major and made sure we all knew how to write and use correct grammar, punctuation, etc.  This would drive him crazy.

• Love 5