Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I got that from Doodlebug's comment. I'm asking what is the specific heart defect, if they've said, and why the breathing problems. 

This article talks about her heart & breathing conditions, and also mentions that Carlin had meningitis shortly after the baby was born.  If God didn't save her from that, why would she assume he would save her from covid?  These two aren't just plain stupid.  They're dangerously stupid 🙄.

Edited by sixlets
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

David Hyde Pierce is just a brilliant physical comedian.  That 5 minute or so bit was classic.  Niles' dinner party at his wife's beach house, his escape from Daphne's wedding, there are just so many moments that were special.  It's no wonder he won 4 Emmys.

And, I, too, would love to hear Niles Crane's commentary on J Rod's decor.  He certainly would have a lot to say, none of it complimentary.

That was a great show.  I always thought that Bebe Newirth should have played the elusive Maris in addition to Lilith.  They could have given her ghost like makeup.  We saw her in person and she is a tiny slip of a woman.  I agree that Niles' commentary on J Rod's decor would have been priceless.

• Love 7

OK, I do not have a good singing voice, at all. In addition I attend a very small church and we don' t have a lot of talented singers. But that was not very good to start with and got worse as it went along. Bless their hearts, we would say in my little Georgia church. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Did Jill ever post the wedding? I'm surprised after over sharing the honeymoon pics and this video, that none of the wedding has been released.

And, uuggghh, bless their hearts, they are just bad at singing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Oy vey.  That was no bueno.

Is that an established Christian song, or something they wrote?  It was a very simple song.

And sweet Nurie's crescendo, stretching her tiny voice as far as it can go.  It's been said, but I'll say it again:  bless their hearts.

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, beckie said:

Did Jill ever post the wedding? I'm surprised after over sharing the honeymoon pics and this video, that none of the wedding has been released.

And, uuggghh, bless their hearts, they are just bad at singing.

No video of wedding yet. Bet Jill will sell it for $20 for dvd.

• Love 1

That's not the church Smuganna were married in. This looks like a strip mall special.

eta: I made it about 3 minutes. Is this a Jill special? Whatever it is, it's awful 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Oy vey.  That was no bueno.

Is that an established Christian song, or something they wrote?  It was a very simple song.

And sweet Nurie's crescendo, stretching her tiny voice as far as it can go.  It's been said, but I'll say it again:  bless their hearts.

It is an established Christian song. Not one of the old hymns of the church, but it has been around for a while. We sing it in my Presbyterian Church and I grew up hearing it in the Baptist Church.  It has long been a favorite of mine , so I  sincerely hope I can put that rendition of it out of my mind. 

• Useful 6
On 8/15/2020 at 3:20 PM, Temperance said:

Packed church for Bontrager wedding. @Jenniferbug Be Careful! These idiots are in Iowa! 

"Packing the church is the greatest gift you can give to them" Minister at the wedding.

I can't hear the singing, just the backing instrumentation. 

weddinglivestream

I take it that their part of Iowa wasn't destroyed by the land hurricane like my part of Iowa was?

Edited by galaxygirl76

They're in Washington. At least that is where the wedding was. So, southeast corner. I have no clue how hard, or even if, they were hit. All I know is that a Duggar plane was able to fly into the airport.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Carlin and Evan are probably recovering since they are young and healthy.  But I have heard that plenty of people suffer relapses when they thought they were getting better.  Some even multiple relapses.  Covid isn't in a hurry to leave in many cases.

Did they say who did take that photo?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Carlin and Evan are probably recovering since they are young and healthy.  But I have heard that plenty of people suffer relapses when they thought they were getting better.  Some even multiple relapses.  Covid isn't in a hurry to leave in many cases.

Exactly.

“Recovered”

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Did they say who did take that photo?

I think they set up a tripod. 

I hope Layla is somewhere reasonably safe. I say reasonably because none of the Bateses have taken this seriously except MAYBE Michael.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I take it that their part of Iowa wasn't destroyed by the land hurricane like my part of Iowa was?

It didn't seem so. No one mentioned the land hurricane.The wedding was in Washington, Iowa. 

I've said it before, but the wedding was the worst. The livestream video they filmed is still up, but I can't recommend it. It was awful. I had trouble sleeping.  The groom's father was little old man who liked telling mean, bigoted stories with causual racism thrown in. The bride's father was really angry almost in league with Steve Anderson. Example: He told a story about the good old days when men of a church discovered some couple was living together in sin in a certain county and the men went to the couple and said "You have 48 hours to get married or we'll kick you out of the county."

I've never seen a more hateful, crazy wedding and I hope I never will again. 

• Love 5

Young and healthy doesn't always guarantee recovery sadly. And why the hell would you want to take a picture of yourself in your bed while recovering from an illness other than you are a famewhore and that's what drives your every waking hour. That poor baby is just a decoration.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 18
2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

It didn't seem so. No one mentioned the land hurricane.The wedding was in Washington, Iowa. 

I've said it before, but the wedding was the worst. The livestream video they filmed is still up, but I can't recommend it. It was awful. I had trouble sleeping.  The groom's father was little old man who liked telling mean, bigoted stories with causual racism thrown in. The bride's father was really angry almost in league with Steve Anderson. Example: He told a story about the good old days when men of a church discovered some couple was living together in sin in a certain county and the men went to the couple and said "You have 48 hours to get married or we'll kick you out of the county."

I've never seen a more hateful, crazy wedding and I hope I never will again. 

Yeah, this is the worst fundie wedding yet. Both fathers should have been muzzled. I had to take a break from Marlin's tirade, but I found out about what I missed, and I don't regret peacing out when I did. 

Someone in the stream asked if he was running for office. It was not posed by one of their leghumpers. 😁

• Love 7

I just happened upon an episode of "The Goldbergs"  and realized the mom, Beverly, looks like an alternative universe JRod.  They're different in many ways:  Beverly is Jewish and her kids are healthy and educated and worldly.  BUT they both wear terrible 80's hair and clothes.  But of course Beverly's show is set in the 80's.

image.png.bdcb8b61baa039daa7244bbd90b2b6d2.png

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yep, I knew it would happen sooner or later.

Since MacArthur has claimed that no one in his church (of 6 to 8 thousand people) has it, maybe there if you test positive you just get immediately excommunicated. I mean, Jesus wouldn't let you catch it if you were truly worthy to be a member of the church, would he? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Exactly.

“Recovered”

I’d be living in terror of having a stroke, or other blood clot related problem, if I were Carlin.  Perhaps permanent lung damage, as well. Complications can suddenly pop up months after infection and after you’re “better”. Some division one athletes that have contracted it now have permanent cardiomyopathy as a complication.  I suppose God will protect her. Idiot. 

• Love 11

So Ethan gets a covid scare in July but does nothing differently afterward? Working as an electrician isn't a high risk job in regard to high contact with others and exposure to covid. Did they say from who he may have gotten it? Did they reassure their fans that Layla is okay? Or was Layla the first one diagnosed when she was sick a week or two ago? They're complete and utter idiots and show poor judgement as parents.

Nurie and Nathan need never to sing again. Ever.

• Love 5

If you haven't listened to Nathan and Nurie sing, don't. Just don't. LOL

I did skip around the early parts of the video trying to find where Nathan stopped talking in his intro to the song, and I was pleasantly surprised that he said when they were thinking of a song, Nurie suggested this one, and they went with her pick. Low bar, I know, but I know some fundies who would never dare let their wife have an opinion on that or listen to it if she had one. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I just happened upon an episode of "The Goldbergs"  and realized the mom, Beverly, looks like an alternative universe JRod.  They're different in many ways:  Beverly is Jewish and her kids are healthy and educated and worldly.  BUT they both wear terrible 80's hair and clothes.  But of course Beverly's show is set in the 80's.

image.png.bdcb8b61baa039daa7244bbd90b2b6d2.png

My psychiatrist has that hair style. I think it’s a wig lol. She looks awful. She is really pretty but the bad hair ruins her looks. 

I used to watch the Goldbergs. But quit a few years ago. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I think he was suppose to quarentine, but they went to see the Duggars as a vacation instead. I think I remember that but I could have gotten it mixed up because everything they do annoys me.

Yes, this is what happened. He "quarantined" while awaiting his test results. Negative (but still within the incubation period? No problem.) They immediately took off for Arkansas.

Most of the comments on Carlin’s post are positive and supportive. I posted something questioning their judgement and sympathetic of their innocent baby. We’ll see if it stays!  

• Love 7

In the pic of Carlin and Evan there's a blue seal or something on the nightstand. Is that tubing, like for an oxygen mask wrapped around it?

Never mind, looked it up. I'm guessing Layla has been sick as well.

image.png.73742fef80ef31c4a91c1be8bac0bc8e.png