Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Guy's a Penn graduate, in finance, famous for trying really really hard throughout his college years to boost the fortunes of the pro-life movement on that campus.

I'm pretty sure he founded Penn's pro-life faction. I was surprised that they didn't have one before Eric matriculated there.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Temperance said:

That lighting fixture over the island is really ugly. I also dislike the exposed wood blacksplash. 

That backsplash is going to look splotchy with food stains in no time, and I can’t believe anyone would put open shelving right above the cooktop. I’m not a fan of open shelving anyway, but that’s the worst possible place to put it. Even if the workmanship is good, when function is ignored the project ends up looking amateurish. Pretty sure we’ve done more analysis of their kitchen than they did!

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

I have a feeling that Jill is going to become insanely jealous of Suzette if Nurie ends up getting along really well with her m-i-l. I could totally see Jill being torn by her famewhoring grifter tendency to suck up competing with her narcissism and belief that all things must revolve around her. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 17
Just now, EAG46 said:

Is it me or is Nurie's smile really unnatural looking compared to Suzette's? 

Nurie's smile is a little forced, but I think that's more from habit than anything. What concerns me is how emaciated she is. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Maybe we’ll get a video!

After all, the easiest way to get famous and have a reality show is to have a sex tape.

Now that you mention it, Jill is basically the fundie version of Kris Jenner.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I have a feeling that Jill is going to become insanely jealous of Suzette if Nurie ends up getting along really well with her m-i-l. I could totally see Jill being torn by her famewhoring grifter tendency to suck up competing with her narcissism and belief that all things must revolve around her. 

I think their day consisted of Nurie buying a gift for best momma,as she is expected to do.No reason needed

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 3

Allison Bontrager (26) marries real man Jeremiah Helferich (23/24ish). She is so excited.

Actually Allison has been longing to get married since her older sister Chelsy did.  Allison is Bontrager #3. Her two closest-in-age younger siblings (Carson and Joshua) married on the same day to sisters Carolina and Cassidy Bontrager.  The next day her oldest brother Mitchell (#2) married Bryn. 

Almost 4 months later oldest child Chelsy married John Maxwell. Since then Allison has been the only of the first five kids unmarried, but it changes tomorrow/today August 15. 

Consider watching cause these people are just as nutty as any other fundies, and this wedding could have surprising developments. Bridesmaid and sister-in-love Carolina is pregnant and due in late August (less than 3 weeks). Next single child Denver is getting to know a young lady. Will they say anything about that at the wedding?

Of this wedding could just be another boring wedding. At this one Marlin (Allison's father) won't even be talking about the groom's father's vasectomy reversal like he did at Chelsy's wedding to John Maxwell. 

Here's a link to the blog, which has a link to the livestream. Wedding is 3pm central time. They're thinking about doing a "rebroadcast" later. 

Bontragerblog

• Love 5
On 8/11/2020 at 11:05 PM, galaxychaser said:

The Dingus family is Rods new victims to mooch off of. Sidney Dingus even baked Nuris wedding cakes. They also payed for their pizza, bowling, Tessa’s birthday cake and probably presents and everything else. 
Dingus also probably paid for Sofia’s birthday party/gifts. And of course half a cow given as a present. The cow was probably eaten by David and Jill alone. Jill never even posted all the meals made with it so maybe she sold it. 

Yikes I need to get off the internet.

You forgot Jill even grifted a beautiful handmade dining room table and benches from Mr Dingus!  Big enough for the lot of them!

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I remember seeing the Smuggar children race lovingly to Suzette in some video. It left me with the impression that she is a loving grandma. I hope that means that she will embrace Nurie and feed her too!

• Love 21
50 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I remember seeing the Smuggar children race lovingly to Suzette in some video. It left me with the impression that she is a loving grandma. I hope that means that she will embrace Nurie and feed her too!

The Kellers are reported to be diehard about stern family rules. Their kids got to talk about sensitive things and their feelings with their mother - in one fifteen-minute scheduled slot per week. I bet Suzette views her new DIL not as a person to be coddled and fed, but as another family member with a "servant's heart" and a young pair of hands to help her around the house and fix HER dinner. Suzette's not JillR which is an improvement in many ways, but IMO she's no fairy godmother-in-law.

Also, I assume that selfie with Suzette and Nurie, heads almost smushed together, was done by Nurie who has been trained and conditioned to take selfies, and smushed-together selfies at that. I mean, your new DIL grabs you in a close hug and whips out the iPhone and so you smile for the camera. I wonder how many of those are gonna happen before Suzette gets tired of it and nopes out.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10

the kellers are down to just David still at home. most of their kids married, far away or have left the cult

if ma and pa keller can encourage support nathan and nurie I think they will in various ways for good or bad.

Nurie will eat more/have access to food. ma keller seems a less needy/showy non makeup type woman so maybe that will encourage Nurie on the less is more in the makeup dept. to go from raccoon eyes JRod to no makeup Suz Keller would be a stretch in Nurie's thinking on what
"Godly Women" should look like.

on the bad I think Nurie and Nathan will remain in the cult

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the kellers are down to just David still at home. most of their kids married, far away or have left the cult

if ma and pa keller can encourage support nathan and nurie I think they will in various ways for good or bad.

Nurie will eat more/have access to food. ma keller seems a less needy/showy non makeup type woman so maybe that will encourage Nurie on the less is more in the makeup dept. to go from raccoon eyes JRod to no makeup Suz Keller would be a stretch in Nurie's thinking on what
"Godly Women" should look like.

on the bad I think Nurie and Nathan will remain in the cult

True, Ma Keller may be bored and welcome a relationship with Nurie. Even folks with skewed beliefs are capable of love and support. The support may not be the kind I would look for, but it would fit what Nurie needs at this time.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

True, Ma Keller may be bored and welcome a relationship with Nurie. Even folks with skewed beliefs are capable of love and support. The support may not be the kind I would look for, but it would fit what Nurie needs at this time.

That's true. I hope she's on an unspoken mission to get Nurie to tone down the overdone trashy looking makeup. 

I'm not good at following the plot. Does Nathan have his own home, or are the newlywedz living with Ma and Pa Keller?

• Love 7
16 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Jill's decorating junk looks like the kind of stuff we have bought in the past, quickly realized our mistakes, and passed along to Goodwill.

Whenever I donate to Goodwill, I hope someone will buy what I've let go. Jill is obviously a connoisseur of outdated decor. I've just let some unworn clothing go and it's fairly current and classic, just too small and now unneeded anyway. Unfortunately, there are sleeveless dresses and women's pants, so no to that. 

26 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

That's true. I hope she's on an unspoken mission to get Nurie to tone down the overdone trashy looking makeup. 

I'm not good at following the plot. Does Nathan have his own home, or are the newlywedz living with Ma and Pa Keller?

Wasn't Nathan fixing up a small house for him and Nurie? I remember seeing pictures but I can't find them so I'm not sure. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Jill stated they are living “near” the Kellers. She also stated Timothy was living “near” Jill and crew, not at their house. Who knows!

I recall a video of Anna and siblings surprising their  mother for Mother’s Day. It seemed like a fairly large piece of property, so perhaps that’s where they are.

12 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Wasn't Nathan fixing up a small house for him and Nurie? I remember seeing pictures but I can't find them so I'm not sure. 

I did a quick look, and either I missed it, or it was originally in her stories. I remember it, but I don’t recall what the caption said.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't think they have said where they are living other than in florida. If there was anything more, I have missed it as well

I saw and don't remember where that they will be living in their own place near Ma and Pa Keller.

3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

"to serve the Lord beside her husband" doing yardwork? Is that how it works?

Well, maybe they'll follow the Dwaine Swanson method and preach online while they're on riding mowers. Maybe they can help make that a trend.

Whatever it is it'll be a mission serving Jesus.....so maybe if they mow your yard it ends up with the opening of Psalm 1 mowed into it or something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

In property searches I have found no property in Nathan's name near the Kellers and his voter's registration seems to still be Ma and Pa Keller's address

So "near" meaning "the lean-to shed in the back yard."

• LOL 11
13 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Nathan and David's lawn care service is launching a new website - their site now has a countdown clock - only 46 days 16hrs and 15 min until the new site folks

Marking my calendar.

Those families are so very weird.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

The house was a very plain, small, light-green or beige, concrete one story. Nathan was standing in front of it and there was something about how he was fixing up the place to live in. It must have been one of Jill's posts, but not a mention of it since. I remember thinking how nice it would be for Nurie to have a house of her own. I'll see if I can find the photo. 

I'm soooo bored lately. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Chicklet said:

That's more of a storage shed than a church. Does it have indoor plumbing?

And what is AV 1611? I'm almost afraid to ask.

1611 was the publication date for the KJV, or Authorized Version (AV). 

Edited by Portia
Typo
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1