Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I actually did the research.  I remembered us talking about Jill and her Pamper Mamma party when she was pregnant with Janessa and how Jill had a perfume on her registry.  Unfortunately I had to do a deep dive into both her Instagram and Facebook to find the date.  I do not recommend this.  Even with scrolling, you are still subjected to all of her posts from the last 2 1/2 years.  I was surprised to find out that the fragrance in question was Calvin Klein Eternity.  Given Jill's background, I would have though anything Calvin would be verboten in the Noyes household.  Jill was sheltered, but those Brooke Shields ads in the 80s and the Marky Mark ads in the 90s should have popped up on her radar. 

The notes for Eternity also don't seem very Jill-like.  I just don't picture Jill wearing a perfume with notes of lily-of-the-valley, green notes, or carnation.  It's too tame for her.  I see her wearing a bolder white floral scent reminiscent of Dior Poison and Estee Lauder Beautiful, or something fruity like Lancome Tresor.   

Dropping my bottle of Eternity into the trash pronto.

• LOL 10
44 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

I really hate the thumbs up thing that Anna DUGGAR’S brother is oh-so fond of. I’m glad he rescued Nurie from her crazy-ass family, but at the same time I want to smack him for that stupid gesture.

Yes! I HATE any thumbs up. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

If neither Nathan nor Nurie have an IG, how are they seeing all these “sweet” posts Mama is leaving?

Jill surely insisted that Nathan and Nurie join Instagram and follow her.  You don't have to post stuff yourself to read other people's posts.

Also, anything Jill posts is meant to feed her ego and support her assertion that she is the vest Mama ever.  Even though she addresses Nurie and Nathan in her posts, I doubt she gives even the tiniest cr** whether they ever actually see that.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

If neither Nathan nor Nurie have an IG, how are they seeing all these “sweet” posts Mama is leaving?

I think, as is true of many amateur fiction writers, Jill has a poor grasp of maintaining POV discipline, so when she says that "Nurie and Nathan" enjoy it, she really means she enjoys it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 8/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, Zella said:

I am very sensitive to perfumes in general, but there is something about patchouli that really sets me off. Like, uncontrollable sneezing. Going to hippie heaven Eureka Springs wherein it might be against the law to NOT wear patchouli can be like hell on earth for me if I encounter a clomp of patchouli wearers.

I hate the smell of patchouli 🤢It’s just too cloistering for me and reminds of those pics of corpses people took in the Victorian days.  Like on that movie The Others. Death and suffocation in a bottle. 

ETA:Welcome @Spazamanaz. This group is great.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I'm sick of the required kissing photos!

I don't really need to see all these everlasting kissing pictures, but I do have to say that it does look as though there is actual chemistry there without it looking as though he's trying to eat her face. It's nice to have a happy medium. But they can stop now. We get it.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

I hope that doesn't mean N and N are living in the tiny camper on the Keller's property that Josh stayed in when he visited.And I think he and Anna, and Pris and David stay there when they visit separately as well

Edited by sondraK
11 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Just curious:  why do some fundies feel the need to broadcast their weddings?   Do they have so many friends that they have to turn some away, so they broadcast for their viewing pleasure?

Jill R's latest post shed's some light: it's for God and his Glory. The weddings bring some interest even from people who don't know the happy couple, and that means the outsiders spend some time watching preachers who the fundies like and are hopefully inspired to joy the church or find a similar fundie church in their area. 

Most fundies believe it is their mission to try to convert people. Most of the people we will follow want to convert everyone. The Duggars originally pitched their show as ministry. (This has slowly disintegrated over time.) Outreach is a big part of these people's faith. The weddings become yet another way to try to reach people. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I really hate the thumbs up thing that Anna DUGGAR’S brother is oh-so fond of. I’m glad he rescued Nurie from her crazy-ass family, but at the same time I want to smack him for that stupid gesture.

Especially combined with the face he makes with it. So dweeby!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

That third picture. *SHUDDER* He's slurping on her face while she's got her lips pursed as if she's kissing her cousin with cooties. Don't need to see anymore of those, Jill.

I'll maintain that Nurie is barely literate and will never (and could never) maintain any social media that isn't created by her mother. Same thing with Timothy -- a grown adult male who wants to sell his "not professional" CD that he created "all by himself" but has to rely on his mother to do it for him. While it certainly is a matter of not having any personal autonomy outside of Jill's clutches, it's also a matter of not being able to write or spell in any readable way.

Add me to those who cannot stand even a hint of patchouli

Why can't Jill just leave them alone for a hot minute? Let the poor girl breathe and maybe focus on the kids you still have at home.

You know that she is bombarding them with nonstop texts and calls and begging for photos. $10 says that they entire grifting stinkbus loads up to go to FL within 2 weeks (and Jill will claim that Nurie and Nathan begged them to come visit). 

I really want Nurie to find nice men from FL for Kaylee and Renee, so that they can all get away. I'm also curious how Nurie will look with her eyebrows grown in to a more natural shape.

• Love 15

I like patchouli but haven't worn any fragrance in years because none of my work places allow it, so I just got out of the habit of even thinking about it and using it.

I hope Jill posts pics of N & N's home. I'm curious to where they live and if Nurie will JillR it.

• Love 5

She looks better than usual to me.  They look happy with each other so far.  I wouldn't criticize a picture kiss.  I'm sure me and Mr lookeyloo look just as awkward. Although those type pictures are from way long ago.   People native to hot climates wear flowy garb.  Maybe she can find some natural fiber flowy things and they will be cooler.  

• Love 7

Yeah in Florida humidity a flowing dress or skirt is more comfortable, but Nurie can’t be layering T shirts or leggings too. Defeats the whole purpose. I don’t think the Keller family is as clingy as JillR so hopefully N&N will have time to themselves. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jill R's latest post shed's some light: it's for God and his Glory. The weddings bring some interest even from people who don't know the happy couple, and that means the outsiders spend some time watching preachers who the fundies like and are hopefully inspired to joy the church or find a similar fundie church in their area. 

Most fundies believe it is their mission to try to convert people. Most of the people we will follow want to convert everyone. The Duggars originally pitched their show as ministry. (This has slowly disintegrated over time.) Outreach is a big part of these people's faith. The weddings become yet another way to try to reach people. 

By that reasoning (which I don't doubt), did Jill R not go far enough to honor God and try to convert the masses, since Nurie and Nathan's nuptials weren't broadcast?  Shame on her!

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I like patchouli but haven't worn any fragrance in years because none of my work places allow it, so I just got out of the habit of even thinking about it and using it.

I hope Jill posts pics of N & N's home. I'm curious to where they live and if Nurie will JillR it.

I mentioned in the small talk thread that I adopted 2 rescue cats a couple of weeks ago.  One of them spelled of patchouli for a week!  Obviously her former fosters were patchouli fans.  LOL

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I wore Eternity for years and received no complaints. Wore it in the workplace and to the allergy clinic and nobody even mentioned it. (Maybe it’s my body chemistry). I’ve upgraded to Chanel now. I use it sparingly.
I also have a friend who has worn Ester Lauderdale Beautiful for years- you know when she’s around. 

That was auto corrected. I know it’s Estee Lauder!

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Versace Bright Crystal is my signature scent. When I wear it, people always compliment me on it.  

Anything cucumber melon, however, makes me smell like a wilted garden salad 🤢 

OT: I really wish Jill would leave Nurthan alone.  The poor child is probably already going to be homesick once the novelty wears off.  She doesn’t need dear Shill Rodrigues calling and texting all day getting her all riled up.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

She looks better than usual to me.  They look happy with each other so far.  I wouldn't criticize a picture kiss.  

I give them a pass on the kiss pics because they're young and in love and newly able to eat each other's faces. But I just have a hard time with the fact that they are texting these photos to her mother for her mother to share on social media. Unless the photos are automatically in iCloud or whatever and Jill is just posting what she wants and they have no idea. But still...

• Love 14

Mommy Dearest has probably been bugging her for pics. Who does that! They should have sent her pics of them in bed. Defraud her holy spirit. And for her perfume, she probably wears one of those car fresheners hung around her neck.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Wait, look at the 8th picture and someone tell me what's wrong with that white light switch next to the wood door?? It looks like it's bending. Who does that?

It looks like its melting.

The giant overhead heater is still there. I personally find the fake gray brick tacky. It definitely has the JillR overwhelming/busy feel. I think the paper towels smack dab in the middle of the door is a nice touch. lol

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

Mommy Dearest has probably been bugging her for pics. Who does that! They should have sent her pics of them in bed. Defraud her holy spirit. And for her perfume, she probably wears one of those car fresheners hung around her neck.

8 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Where did the money come from for all of this?

Some of it looks nice like the cupboards around the fridge. However, I don't like dark brown and I hate all the useless clutter. 

Besides wondering where they got the money for a major house reno, I also wonder how safe and well-built it is. I would bet money Shrek didn't get any permits or have it inspected.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 9

I cannot believe the wonderful, able to do everything hubby didn't set up an alternate heat source rather than that industrial thing. they have hacked up and walled off many spaces so that thing will not heat well and with all that junk near it, it is truly a fire hazard.

• Love 10

Jill sure likes useless clutter that collects dust

She even put fake flowers/baskets on top of the cabinets . I’m sneezing just looking at that.

1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

Custom cabinets? Where the hell are they getting the money for this stuff?

Stimulus $$$ ? Or someone else paid for it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3