Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

11 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Nathan's actually not so bad/ awkward looking when he doesn't smile...

They should've worn these clothes for the wedding. They fit better and they look less like "Ed Grimley marries Karen Carpenter."

I hope the sunglass excitement doesn't mean she's never had a pair....won't she be living in Florida? Those sunglasses look like a gift shop item, but still better than nothing.

What do you bet Jill steals them as a memento of deceased Nurie?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 6

51 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I think the main thing was for the girls is the emphasis on staying thin to find prince charming.  Nurie had to fit in that wedding dress she supposedly bought at 14 or whatever the story was. Even if they were at Golden Corral those girls would not have eaten much, or needed a week of plexus if they gained a pound. much of their time in the buffet line would have been helping the younger girls get food because you know the parents aren't the ones helping them

True, but the boys are thin as well and there's no advantage to them. Look at Best Hubby and every preacher of every church they attend. Jill liked to brag how Timothy fasted for Jesus. That was his contribution to the food budget, and I suspect his brothers are now fasters too. 

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder if Nurie is sending Jill those photos and giving her permission to post them just to stop Jill from calling her 17 times a day asking, "Nurie what are you doing?  What are you doing now, Nurie?  How about now?!"  In my dreams Nathan puts a stop to that, asks Nurie to not pick up her phone for 48 hours, and Jill's head explodes.

Nurie needs to realize that you don’t have to answer phones when they ring, and that phones can also be turned off.

• Like 3

He looks so much better!  But one of the reasons I think we assume he's a nice young man is because of how often he is smiling.  So I wouldn't want him not to smile.  

"Ed Grimley marries Karen Carpenter."

I love this so much I don't even know what to say!!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

21 hours ago, Chicklet said:

And if you have to keep in touch with your kid during their honeymoon, maybe you are the asshole Jill.

And the next message from Jill will be how she was content to wait until after the honeymoon to talk to Nurie, but poor Nurie was so homesick that she called every day.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 7

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I wonder if Nurie is sending Jill those photos and giving her permission to post them just to stop Jill from calling her 17 times a day asking, "Nurie what are you doing?  What are you doing now, Nurie?  How about now?!"  In my dreams Nathan puts a stop to that, asks Nurie to not pick up her phone for 48 hours, and Jill's head explodes.

If Nurie were a different kind of person she'd answer Jill by saying, "We just tried something called 'the reverse cowgirl' position! SEVERELY fun, Momma!" That would stop the calls and texts.

• Laugh 2

14 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Nathan and Nurie both look so cute in this picture.  Nurie hardly looks like the same girl.  Her smiles are so real.  You can tell they are having fun together.  What a change it must be to do fun things and  not spend the whole time watching your younger siblings.  Or  having an experience that doesn't take a backseat to Jill.  I'm glad Nathan bought Nurie some fun sunglasses.  They are new and they are hers alone.   Nurie doesn't look the least bit homesick. 

Yes Jill, we know you've always wanted an old-timey picture.  Watch for Jill to post one soon.  Of course it will be a gift from the children.  They are so happy to sacrifice to make World's Greatest Mama's dream come true.  

Edited by beagletime · Reason: spelling