Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2020 at 4:52 PM, BradandJanet said:

Jill's fingernails look misshapen, almost deformed. I wonder if Plexus caused that. Her hair is so ruined from bad bleach jobs, it breaks before it can get very long. A pair of scissors would fix the problem for free. 

Since we know Jill would never waste Plexus on her kids, Nurie's hair grew on its own. False advertising. 

Does she claim to drink all the variations of that gunk? Yikes. 

I think those are fake Press-On nails, that she wore for the wedding.  She probably trimmed her own nails and now they’re starting to grow.  They do look very weird.

2 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

I stumbled across this forum just a couple of days ago, and I am so happy that I did! Omg, you gals are so funny ( and sarcastic) and have made reading this thread very enjoyable! Love it!  I kind of follow the Bates and Duggars a bit, but not really any other of the whacko families. And I usually refer to Jill Rodriguez as 'the spam sucking trailer trash'.  Is this a forum that I can join? I feel so at home here! 

Welcome!  We’re glad to have you! 😃

• Love 5

I stumbled across this forum just a couple of days ago, and I am so happy that I did! Omg, you gals are so funny ( and sarcastic) and have made reading this thread very enjoyable! Love it!  I kind of follow the Bates and Duggars a bit, but not really any other of the whacko families. And I usually refer to Jill Rodriguez as 'the spam sucking trailer trash'.  Is this a forum that I can join? I feel so at home here! 

Join the fun! 😄 

• Love 8

Welcome! The more, the merrier. 😁

• Love 6

Welcome.I haven't been here long,either

• Love 7

Welcome! You sound as though you'll fit right in! Join us in the Prayer closet for wine, Margaritas, or any libations of your choice!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Welcome please stay. We are very friendly bunch.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have a confession to make.  I have done an old timey photo.   My picture is not as demure as Nurie and Nathan.   I was on a bar showing some leg while my best friend was displaying the best rack in the west.

Do show us!

• Love 3

Welcome!

• Love 2

Thank you for the warm reception!  Yes, you are a friendly bunch! I don't know much about all of the families, so I will probably have lots of questions. I guess I'm as ready as I will ever be to take a leap down the rabbit hole! Eeks. 

Who are the Dinkus family? Dingus? Whatever. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Nurie looks genuinely happy. How does Jill feel about it, what do you think?

She is mourning her, and I think Nurie is really enjoying herself

Jill is probably learning how much she misses the work Nurie put into the family.  She let her very own Jana get away, so now she is probably developing plans to keep one of the not-Nuries around.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

Jill is probably learning how much she misses the work Nurie put into the family.  She let her very own Jana get away, so now she is probably developing plans to keep one of the not-Nuries around.

Nurie is like Jessa and Jana in one daughter. Nurie is Jill's favorite and her best friend. She hasn't developed that deep a bond with Kaylee and Renee. She has plenty of daughters to do the work anyway. Her two oldest non-adult daughters are 13 and 11. That's plenty old enough to all the work Jill needs. And it will take her at least a year or two to marry off the next daughter between the pandemic, and normal courtship ups and downs.   

• Love 6

Jill is definitely going to marry off the next 2 shortly. Probably already got eyes on suitors for them. Less mouths to feed. 
I agree she has other daughters to become maids. 
When is Timmy getting to fly away from the mad barn?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Thank you for the warm reception!  Yes, you are a friendly bunch! I don't know much about all of the families, so I will probably have lots of questions. I guess I'm as ready as I will ever be to take a leap down the rabbit hole! Eeks. 

Who are the Dinkus family? Dingus? Whatever. 

The Dingus family is Rods new victims to mooch off of. Sidney Dingus even baked Nuris wedding cakes. They also payed for their pizza, bowling, Tessa’s birthday cake and probably presents and everything else. 
Dingus also probably paid for Sofia’s birthday party/gifts. And of course half a cow given as a present. The cow was probably eaten by David and Jill alone. Jill never even posted all the meals made with it so maybe she sold it. 

Yikes I need to get off the internet.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill will keep one of the NotNuries around until Tessie and Hannah are a couple of years older. Can't have Jill messing up her press on nails mani doing such mundane tasks as housework.

I doubt she could find 2 more fundie bachelor types for a couple of years anyway. 

I was just thinking that Alyssa Bates Webster will be the youngest member of this generation of Duggars and Bates to reach 4 kids so far. She's 25 and will be 26 when she has the baby.  Erin was 28 when her fourth kid was born.  Anna Duggar was 27 when she had Meredith (#4).

Jessa, Jill, Jana, Abbie-Grace, Jinger, Michaela, Whitney, are over 25. Tori will be 25 in December and has 2 kids so far. 

Of course, Josie Bates Balka, Carlin, Kendra, and Lauren could all have be pregnant with #4 by 26, but it hasn't happened yet. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 10

Does anyone know when the Shrader's will return from Zambia? They were to be the 7 years,so idk how long it's been.I'm sure Jill would love another Anna Duggar connection.I think it's possible one or more Rod kids might marry some of the Shrader kids.John is as good a grifter as Jill,so I can see them pulling off some very lucrative grifts.They could grift antlers from a deer.lol

6 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

In all seriousness I’d believe Jill was working as a lady of the night the way she piles on makeup and cheap clothes and perfume. It just screams sluttish.

I think JillR smells like 14 sprays of Designer Imposters Primo and freshly applied Aquanet, mixed with whatever Plexus smells like.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 19
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think JillR smells like 14 sprays of Designer Imposters Primo and freshly applied Aquanet, mixed with whatever Plexus smells like.

Now you are making me wonder which inexpensive fragrance Jill douses herself with on a daily basis.  I forsee a few hours lost today diving into her Instgram to find out.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sondraK said:

Does anyone know when the Shrader's will return from Zambia? They were to be the 7 years,so idk how long it's been.I'm sure Jill would love another Anna Duggar connection.I think it's possible one or more Rod kids might marry some of the Shrader kids.

According to FundieWiki, the Shraders have been in Zambia since 2013 or 2014, so if they were really only going for 7 years, that time is about up.  I couldn't find anything about them coming back, though. I do recall some FreeJinger posters thinking that the kids would have to be sent back to the U.S. when they turned eighteen, though (something about it being illegal to stay under their parents' visas and hard to get one of their own), which would be January 2021 for their oldest son, and March 2022 for their oldest daughter.

I hope there is never a Shrader/ Rodrigues union, because there'd be no escaping either the grifting or the crazy... 

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

the crazy Barndo must stink in the heat of summer, little insulation, all those people and no A/C. a portable A/C unit was shown in the love nest. but that little room with 3 teenage boys and that crammed room with all the girls must reek. then all those dust/mold catching decorations in bathrooms.  I imagine Jill smelling like whatever combo of Glade plugins found at the dollar store. all plugged in 4ft off the floor because that's where the outlets are.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

I was just thinking that Alyssa Bates Webster will be the youngest member of this generation of Duggars and Bates to reach 4 kids so far. She's 25 and will be 26 when she has the baby.  Erin was 28 when her fourth kid was born.  Anna Duggar was 27 when she had Meredith (#4).

Jessa, Jill, Jana, Abbie-Grace, Jinger, Michaela, Whitney, are over 25. Tori will be 25 in December and has 2 kids so far. 

Of course, Josie Bates Balka, Carlin, Kendra, and Lauren could all have be pregnant with #4 by 26, but it hasn't happened yet. 

Alyssa was also the youngest (19) of her age group when she was married and of the people listed has the fourth longest marriage. Anna, Erin, and Whitney married before Alyssa.

Kendra, Lauren, Joy, and Josie BB were all 18-19 when married, so their situations are most like Alyssa's. 

• Useful 3
8 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

The Dingus family is Rods new victims to mooch off of. Sidney Dingus even baked Nuris wedding cakes. They also payed for their pizza, bowling, Tessa’s birthday cake and probably presents and everything else. 
Dingus also probably paid for Sofia’s birthday party/gifts. And of course half a cow given as a present. The cow was probably eaten by David and Jill alone. Jill never even posted all the meals made with it so maybe she sold it. 

Yikes I need to get off the internet.

Your list of items cracked me up when it ended with the half of the cow.  Like that is a normal grift item.  

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

My mother hated when she ended up sitting near one of these types of perfumed ladies at church.  In her case the lady was covering up the smoke from the cigarette she had on the drive to church.  

ETA:  Welcome to the group @Spazamanaz

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now you are making me wonder which inexpensive fragrance Jill douses herself with on a daily basis.  I forsee a few hours lost today diving into her Instgram to find out.

I actually did the research.  I remembered us talking about Jill and her Pamper Mamma party when she was pregnant with Janessa and how Jill had a perfume on her registry.  Unfortunately I had to do a deep dive into both her Instagram and Facebook to find the date.  I do not recommend this.  Even with scrolling, you are still subjected to all of her posts from the last 2 1/2 years.  I was surprised to find out that the fragrance in question was Calvin Klein Eternity.  Given Jill's background, I would have though anything Calvin would be verboten in the Noyes household.  Jill was sheltered, but those Brooke Shields ads in the 80s and the Marky Mark ads in the 90s should have popped up on her radar. 

The notes for Eternity also don't seem very Jill-like.  I just don't picture Jill wearing a perfume with notes of lily-of-the-valley, green notes, or carnation.  It's too tame for her.  I see her wearing a bolder white floral scent reminiscent of Dior Poison and Estee Lauder Beautiful, or something fruity like Lancome Tresor.   

• Love 7

There is a lady in my town that rides the city bus that reeks of perfume. Whenever I saw her getting on, I would move to the back of the bus because the stench was suffocating.  I would cover my nose so I could breath but I would always end  with a sinus headache. She used to wear a heavy stink, like patchouli or a sandalwood scent. She also wore a huge, long fur coat. I nicknamed her Pepé Le Pew.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

There is a lady in my town that rides the city bus that reeks of perfume. Whenever I saw her getting on, I would move to the back of the bus because the stench was suffocating.  I would cover my nose so I could breath but I would always end  with a sinus headache. She used to wear a heavy stink, like patchouli or a sandalwood scent. She also wore a huge, long fur coat. I nicknamed her Pepé Le Pew.

I am very sensitive to perfumes in general, but there is something about patchouli that really sets me off. Like, uncontrollable sneezing. Going to hippie heaven Eureka Springs wherein it might be against the law to NOT wear patchouli can be like hell on earth for me if I encounter a clomp of patchouli wearers.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Just curious:  why do some fundies feel the need to broadcast their weddings?   Do they have so many friends that they have to turn some away, so they broadcast for their viewing pleasure?

I think it is because they don't celebrate any other milestones for the kids.  Yearly individual birthday parties when you have 10+ kids get expensive and they don't reach the different graduation milestones like the rest of us.  So, a wedding is about the only time a fundie girl gets the spotlight on her for an extended period of time.  And maybe the groom gets a bit, but a wedding is the time for the bride's parents to show the rest of the fundie world how truly special and godly they are.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Just curious:  why do some fundies feel the need to broadcast their weddings?   Do they have so many friends that they have to turn some away, so they broadcast for their viewing pleasure?

Good question! Not that I watch them. I find weddings and babies sooo boring 🤣.

• Love 3
Just now, CouchTater said:

Maybe because they feel they are God's gift to the world. Egotistical.  Sense of righteousness. 

Do the Rodriguez family attend that fundy convention thing in Texas? Could you imagine her pulling up in her trailer with that psycho smile painted on her face. Eeww.

• Love 2

I was surprised to find out that the fragrance in question was Calvin Klein Eternity. 

Very surprising and thank you for your detective work!  I guess the time period it hails from is spot on, but the fragrance itself is not.  I would imagine Jill in something over-the-top, super sweet smelling.  Like Love Spell, from Victoria's Secret.  Or really any VS scent.  But Jill is wayyyyyy too holy to associate herself with a store for hookers and heathens like VS.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Gadzooks!  I wore Eternity for my wedding and have always had it in my perfume collection.

However, it actually does seem to nicely fit the bill for JillR because one or two sprays of that and you're going to be projecting your scent for at least a quarter-mile, and the sillage (the scent trail you leave in your wake) is very potent and instantly recognizable as Calvin Klein.  It also came to be in 1988, a time period in which JillR seems to be stuck like glue.  I can also completely believe that she registered for it at her Spoil the Mommy party because there is most definitely a Dollar Tree Eternity knockoff and while I'm sure the cheap stuff was okay for Jill's own purchase and daily wear, when she registered for her prizes gifts, she decided to allow someone else to purchase the real thing for her.

I'm so sad that I have put this much thought into what Jill Rodrigues might potentially smell like.  I'm gonna go eat some chocolate and re-think my life choices.

When speculating on which perfume Jill would wear, I knew that the sweet spot for her was 1988-1992, and it would be a readily available department store scent.  She is definitely someone who would choose a signature scent at an early age and never waver.  Even though Jill is the right age to have worn CKOne or Gap Grass or maybe something from Bath and Body Works.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

When speculating on which perfume Jill would wear, I knew that the sweet spot for her was 1988-1992, and it would be a readily available department store scent.  She is definitely someone who would choose a signature scent at an early age and never waver.  Even though Jill is the right age to have worn CKOne or Gap Grass or maybe something from Bath and Body Works.  

She had BETTER NOT ruin CKONE FOR ME!  She can just go douse herself in Japanese Cherry Blossom or Warm Vanilla Sugar!!

But seriously, someone who spends that much time ratting and spraying her hair and then applying the bright blue eyeshadow one can now only purchase in the LA Colors "Supernatural" palette** must clearly also bathe in cheap perfume.  Maybe Parfums De Coeur makes a spray that smells like pork chops so she can entice Shrek to the dark corners of the Barndo.

**yes, I own this palette but only because I was looking for a matte gray shadow and it was only a dollar and I thought, no big loss...I swear I haven't worn electric blue shadow since the mid-80's when Maybelline paired it with a light pink and literally everyone wore it with blue mascara.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

If not for her heart condition Alyssa probably would've had #4 already.

I'm putting my money on Kendra to challenge Alyssa for youngest to reach 4 kids.  Carlin is too preoccupied with her looks and SM to be popping that many babies to challenge.

Fundie weddings are so boring I wouldn't want to watch it, other than possibly to snark.  No mainstream music, no dancing, just getting ice cream in a parking lot to eat 😉  Also, the attendants have no life experience, what interesting things do they have to talk about?  

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

If not for her heart condition Alyssa probably would've had #4 already.

I'm putting my money on Kendra to challenge Alyssa for youngest to reach 4 kids.  Carlin is too preoccupied with her looks and SM to be popping that many babies to challenge.

Fundie weddings are so boring I wouldn't want to watch it, other than possibly to snark.  No mainstream music, no dancing, just getting ice cream in a parking lot to eat 😉  Also, the attendants have no life experience, what interesting things do they have to talk about?  

The right Jesus is all they talk about

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I actually did the research.  I remembered us talking about Jill and her Pamper Mamma party when she was pregnant with Janessa and how Jill had a perfume on her registry.  Unfortunately I had to do a deep dive into both her Instagram and Facebook to find the date.  I do not recommend this.  Even with scrolling, you are still subjected to all of her posts from the last 2 1/2 years.  I was surprised to find out that the fragrance in question was Calvin Klein Eternity.  Given Jill's background, I would have though anything Calvin would be verboten in the Noyes household.  Jill was sheltered, but those Brooke Shields ads in the 80s and the Marky Mark ads in the 90s should have popped up on her radar. 

I'd also think the fact that Calvin freely admitted to having sexual relationships with both men and women would've also disqualified any of his products from appearing on Jill's registry.  He is clearly headed straight to hell.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

Maybe because they feel they are God's gift to the world. Egotistical.  Sense of righteousness. 

Do the Rodriguez family attend that fundy convention thing in Texas? Could you imagine her pulling up in her trailer with that psycho smile painted on her face. Eeww.

Pretty sure they don't.Jill would never want to part with the yearly fee,which was $600+ last time I checked

4 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Very surprising and thank you for your detective work!  I guess the time period it hails from is spot on, but the fragrance itself is not.  I would imagine Jill in something over-the-top, super sweet smelling.  Like Love Spell, from Victoria's Secret.  Or really any VS scent.  But Jill is wayyyyyy too holy to associate herself with a store for hookers and heathens like VS.  

It would be funny if someone sent her Paris Hilton's Siren.I wonder if she would wear it.LOL

• Love 2
7 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

According to FundieWiki, the Shraders have been in Zambia since 2013 or 2014, so if they were really only going for 7 years, that time is about up.  I couldn't find anything about them coming back, though. I do recall some FreeJinger posters thinking that the kids would have to be sent back to the U.S. when they turned eighteen, though (something about it being illegal to stay under their parents' visas and hard to get one of their own), which would be January 2021 for their oldest son, and March 2022 for their oldest daughter.

I hope there is never a Shrader/ Rodrigues union, because there'd be no escaping either the grifting or the crazy... 

Thx for that 🙂

Now you are making me wonder which inexpensive fragrance Jill douses herself with on a daily basis.

Fabreze for pet odors.

Edit: Applied to a sweaty armpit.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Triple P said:

Alyssa was also the youngest (19) of her age group when she was married and of the people listed has the fourth longest marriage. Anna, Erin, and Whitney married before Alyssa.

Kendra, Lauren, Joy, and Josie BB were all 18-19 when married, so their situations are most like Alyssa's. 

Good point! All of the Duggars/Bates in this generation have been at least 19 when they got married. Kendra was the youngest at a month past her 19th birthday.