Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

David always looks sloppy,and the kids look like they wear thrift store reject clothes.Jill's clothes look somewhat better,although she exudes an 80's look,and I don't mean valley girl.lol

• Love 9

I HAVE QUESTIONS:

234274297_ScreenShot2020-08-07at6_57_24AM.thumb.png.faa5b27a5c8fcc0891a5c2836b1f335e.png

Where is Shrek's ball? Did he eat it? Did they not use any because they cost extra? Did he claim at the end of the game he was 900 under par and declare himself the "winner?"

What's with the giant, asteroid-sized gouge in the green? Is this "amusement center" located in a junkyard?

As for the other pictures, why does it seem the poor girls are dressed like they got shot with a thrift-store-castoff gun that was overloaded with flammable fashion from the "Prairie Looks of the 80s" collection? 

Everything these people do is seedy and depressing.

23 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

I HAVE QUESTIONS:

234274297_ScreenShot2020-08-07at6_57_24AM.thumb.png.faa5b27a5c8fcc0891a5c2836b1f335e.png

Where is Shrek's ball? Did he eat it? Did they not use any because they cost extra? Did he claim at the end of the game he was 900 under par and declare himself the "winner?"

What's with the giant, asteroid-sized gouge in the green? Is this "amusement center" located in a junkyard?

As for the other pictures, why does it seem the poor girls are dressed like they got shot with a thrift-store-castoff gun that was overloaded with flammable fashion from the "Prairie Looks of the 80s" collection? 

Everything these people do is seedy and depressing.

I think he sunk his ball already. After staring at the gouge, I thinks its a rock.

What is up with their clothing? Especially the little shoeless one in red. Is JillR thinking the layers hide her tiny frame? Because it doesn't.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Wearing boots in the summer? 

This really stood out  to me.  This is the type of thing my son would do when he dressed himself, at age 2 or 3.  I think  this kid is just that far behind in life.

I guess I shouldn't snark on the Rodlet girl on the far left in the girl's group picture cuz at least she's wearing shoes  but they look huge on her. Like they are Jill's or one of the older girl's castoffs. 

• Love 2
On 8/6/2020 at 10:44 AM, GeeGolly said:

Wow. I thought she closed up shop due to her heart issues. Grandma Jane straight up told her there are ways to limit family size. I bet they're trying for a male offspring, because Fundy men somehow think it makes them more masculine when they produce boys.

If this one is a girl, Alyssa's shop is going to still be open for awhile. Allie Jane better call up Jana Duggar for tips. 

I wonder whose uterus will be the sacrificial lamb so someone else is pregnant close to Alyssa. Josie is the only candidate I can think of, but Princess Erin is determined to have as many as possible. 

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5 pictures :

The way she dresses those kids is pathetic. 😡 The last pic, of the next-to-the-youngest little girl (Sofia, maybe?)... does that child even have shoes on?  Nothing she wears ever fits.  Jill, you’re a HORRIBLE mother!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

How can that tall girl in the pink dress have her feet pointing one direction, and her body the  opposite way?  That is an odd-looking picture.

I didn't even notice the feet at first. My initial thought, before I fully realized whose picture I was looking at, was that the tall girl in the photo was a frail elderly lady with a cane.

8 minutes ago, Matryoshka said:

Is it just me or does that mini-golf course look extra sad? No windmills or tunnels or castles or anything?

It does, it matches the Rod kids who are also extra sad.  With all of the children Jill has, most of them girls, I find it hard to believe that those poor little girls seemingly don't have a single outfit that fits them properly.  Perhaps it is because they have the freedom to choose their outfits, but. in most of Jill's pictures, no matter what the occasions, we see at least 3 or 4 of the girls in layers of clothing that is many sizes too big for them.  If they really had a choice, I find it hard to believe that none of them ever choose clothing that fits.  I suspect that they don't have any options, they wear what's there and what is there is stuff that doesn't fit them.  Same thing with shoes.  I'd be surprised if any of the younger kids has several pairs of shoes in their actual size.  Like the Duggars, I think they do the communal closet and the kids don't have an option when it comes to finding decent clothing and shoes that actually fit them.

I grew up in a family of 6 kids and we didn't have much, but we always had at least 3-4 pairs of shoes that fit: school shoes (which the Rods don't need), dress shoes, boots for the winter and sneakers and/or sandals in the summer.  No excuse that Jill and Chubby don't do right by their kids' feet at the very least.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 20

Alyssa Bates Webster did a wait a solid 2 years between her third and fourth child. Her youngest turned 2 back in March.  

I agree with @Sew Sumi the all clear stress test probably happened after she was pregnant.  Many couples are putting off having more babies until after the pandemic. Hopefully she'll have a safe healthy pregnancy with lots of social distancing. 

Also that Alyssa announced a February baby is good sign that the announcements will be for 2021 babies.

• Useful 4
18 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

These pictures remind me of middle schoolers trying to show their absent friend how much fun they’re having without them.  “Too bad you got married, look at how much fun we had playing mini golf without you!”

Nurie’s having all the sex (and, hopefully, food) she wants right now, so I think she wins. 😂😂

Bets on whether she’s pregnant yet?

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Alyssa Bates Webster did a wait a solid 2 years between her third and fourth child. Her youngest turned 2 back in March.  

I agree with @Sew Sumi the all clear stress test probably happened after she was pregnant.  Many couples are putting off having more babies until after the pandemic. Hopefully she'll have a safe healthy pregnancy with lots of social distancing. 

Also that Alyssa announced a February baby is good sign that the announcements will be for 2021 babies.

I'm thinking we still have a good year and a half before we can even begin to say this pandemic is behind us. It'll be interesting to see the number of births in 2021 and 2022, compared to the last couple of years. Any child born in 2021 was conceived in April or later, a month after the pandemic was well established in the US.

Both in the real world and within the Fundy world.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, irisheyes said:

Nurie’s having all the sex (and, hopefully, food) she wants right now, so I think she wins. 😂😂

Bets on whether she’s pregnant yet?

so maybe it is less about grieving Nurie and more about distracting the other children from dwelling on Nurie and Nathan are having sex and/or eating

• LOL 9
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Alyssa only waited 2 years because of her heart issues.

She said in her new video that she had baby fever. 🙄 I don't think she's stopping anytime soon.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Zoey will be almost 3 when this baby's born.I think that's a record for any fundie? Even Joy Forsyth didn't break it when she miscarried.Gideon will be 2 1/2 when her dd arrives

• Useful 2
43 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Zoey will be almost 3 when this baby's born.I think that's a record for any fundie? Even Joy Forsyth didn't break it when she miscarried.Gideon will be 2 1/2 when her dd arrives

Isn't Jill Dillard's son Sam 3 already? Or do we still count her as one of the fundies?

2 minutes ago, Nysha said:

That's the song he already butchered on YouTube. Did he make an entire CD filled with more atrocities?

That would be affirmative. 

eta: Pic #2 is the CD.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Ashley Sayler is getting married tomorrow. Ashley used to date Nathan Bates. Her groom is Eric Hoover. 

It's going to be livestreamed so I may try to watch if I get bored. 

I definitely want to see Allison Bontrager's wedding livestream on the 15th so a big month for fundie weddings!

• Love 5

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I may buy his assuredly terrible CD.  Not because I'm interested in his music, but I just got a gut feeling to support him in getting his license.  Am I losing it???!!!  I feel like he and his family have given me so much interesting content that I may owe that skinny guy a little bit.  😃

*(Un)Luckily, I still have 1 CD player left.  So maybe I'll give it a shot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

What is a Cheese Barn? It's an interesting name for sure that gives me a weird image of a giant cheeto with cows.

It's an amazing and wonderful place filled with every variety of cheese you can imagine. They also sell accompaniments like smoked sausage and mustard.  A lot of their cheese is locally produced by the Amish.  They've also added candy in the last couple years and sell all sorts of delicious candies, mainly chocolates, but yummy good stuff.

https://grandpascheesebarn.com/

I'd be more inclined to contribute to Timbits aviation education if he still wasn't stuck on becoming a missionary pilot, dropping leaflets on unsuspecting heathens in the hinterlands.  If he said he had changed his mind and wanted to smuggle coke from Columbia, that would be more donation-worthy to me.  Or, if he just said he needs a viable skill to help him get out from under Mama's thumb and escape the fundie hell in which he was raised, that would be ok, too.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 20

Ok, I really am (was?) serious about buying TimBits CD.  I can't find a link for it!  But while looking for a link, I saw a post that reminded of Jill's, and I assume the rest of the family's, support for a certain joke in the highest office of our country (not to get political at all), which really pumped the brakes for me.

Wow, what a dilemma.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Ok, I really am (was?) serious about buying TimBits CD.  I can't find a link for it!  But while looking for a link, I saw a post that reminded of Jill's, and I assume the rest of the family's, support for a certain joke in the highest office of our country (not to get political at all), which really pumped the brakes for me.

Wow, what a dilemma.  

Yeah, especially since I don't trust Timbits not to spend half of whatever he gets to buy gifts for the best Momma in the whole world.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It's an amazing and wonderful place filled with every variety of cheese you can imagine. They also sell accompaniments like smoked sausage and mustard.  A lot of their cheese is locally produced by the Amish.  They've also added candy in the last couple years and sell all sorts of delicious candies, mainly chocolates, but yummy good stuff.

https://grandpascheesebarn.com/

Let's  gas up the Stink Bus & take a road trip to Grandpa's Cheese Barn.  That place looks delicious!!

• Love 8