Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

That's Esther.  She's the oldest of the Keller offspring I think.  She's the one who tolerates John the missionary to Zambia.   She's been put through a lot being married to John.

Yikes, she's only 39.

1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Who goes barefoot IN A CHURCH?

And what the heck is Not Nurie wearing?  Looks like a prom dress.  

You can take the girl out of West Virginia but you can't take the West Virginia out of the girl (or grifter, as the case may be).

Both Nurie and the Not Nurie seem to be dressed for a formal event taking place later in the evening.  Neither are wearing outfits consistent with a dinner of pizza and ice cream held in a gym.

Is it typical to force the happy couple to play stupid games at their rehearsal dinner?  I've been to a few of these and never seen it,  Didn't Nathan and Nurie have enough stress on them already?  They needed to answer questions from the sex pest, too?

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Is it typical to force the happy couple to play stupid games at their rehearsal dinner?  I've been to a few of these and never seen it,  Didn't Nathan and Nurie have enough stress on them already?  They needed to answer questions from the sex pest, too?

What on earth could they possible even know about each other? They were not allowed to spend any time alone together. Unless all the questions were about Jesus, I got nothing.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Who goes barefoot IN A CHURCH?

The Duggars for one. Jill and Jessa were both barefoot at their weddings and their wedding rehearsals. 

Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell was barefoot at her wedding too, both in the church and outside for pics (in below freezing weather in December). 

Chelsy had some scriptural reason for being barefoot.  The verse she quoted said nothing about women or men, but it seems to be only a female thing among fundies.

Chelsy's sister Allison gets married in about two weeks (15th) and there will be a livestream for us to watch.  Since it's August and she's marrying a farmer, Allison will probably be barefoot at her wedding too. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

J-Rod must have been having a three-hour orgasm with Sex Pest in the room.

LOL, what a mental picture!

was Esther already visiting the states or did they come just for Nathan’s wedding?

11 minutes ago, awaken said:

LOL, what a mental picture!

was Esther already visiting the states or did they come just for Nathan’s wedding?

Not sure where all they've visited, but they've been here for a while and aren't going back for a while yet.  I don't know of any other connections between Esther and Wooster, Ohio; so I imagine she has been other places, too, including Floridia.

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Prom dress or not, I actually think that's about the most flattering thing I've ever seen Nurie wear.

I think OP is talking about NotNurie in the beige-y gown. Nurie does indeed look great in the red dress.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Were any of the M kids in the wedding ceremony?  Perhaps that's the tiff between Anna and JRod?

I don't think so.

My guess is Anna was asked to be a bridesmaid,and she refused.You know Jill would've wanted a Duggar bridesmaid!

Jill may have asked that some of Anna's kids be in it,too.Any refusal would tick Jill off for sure

Edited by sondraK
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In the last picture, the woman at the end of the table appears to be nursing. At the risk of sounding harsh, does she seem to be of childbearing age?

Anyone know who she is?  Anna's wet-nurse?

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

Anyone know who she is?  Anna's wet-nurse?

In the last picture, at the far end of the table with a blue blanket slung over the baby; that is Esther Shrader, Anna's older sister.  She lives in Zambia with her husband John who is more or less a missionary.  She is 39 years old, the oldest of the Keller children, and the baby she is nursing is her 12th child.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

This type of game is usually played at a wedding shower or reception. The questions are usually things like "who is pickier eater?" and "who is a dog person?".

I have never heard of games at a rehearsal dinner. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wow, Esther has aged twenty years since moving to Africa. If you google younger pictures of her, she was an attractive girl. I would never have guessed that was her in that group photo if you all hadn't pointed her out. 

2 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I think OP is talking about NotNurie in the beige-y gown. Nurie does indeed look great in the red dress.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. Nurie looked lovely in her dress. Not Nurie looked nice in her dress too, but it was too fancy for a casual rehearsal dinner.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

That's Esther.  She's the oldest of the Keller offspring I think.  She's the one who tolerates John the missionary to Zambia.   She's been put through a lot being married to John.

Esther looks as old as her mother. Be careful, Anna. Like Esther's, your choices in life will make a difference. 

• Love 12

Does anyone know who the stern-looking gentleman is in photo #8?  The one at the head of the table.  He looks like he could be related to Shrek, but he appears to either be pissed off or has male RBF.  Either way, he doesn't exude friendliness.  

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, awaken said:

Wow. Anna does look rough!  Compared to how well groomed she and her family normally are for social media, I’m shocked she’d be at a party where she knows photos will be posted, with such straggly, messy hair!  

Anna is probably worn out.  At least she looks like she is.  I’m betting that SexPest didn’t lift a finger to help do anything all weekend, or ever, for that matter.  I think he’s completely checked out of marriage and fatherhood, or it sure looked that way in those pictures that the Daily Mail posted a year or so ago.  He couldn’t even be bothered to get the damn stroller out of the vehicle.  Lazy POS. 😡

3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

What on earth could they possible even know about each other? They were not allowed to spend any time alone together. Unless all the questions were about Jesus, I got nothing.

Maybe the game let them get to know each other. That way after the wedding:

Na: your favorite color is purple 

Nu: yours is red. What’s your favorite bible version?

Na: King James. Let’s get busy!

1 minute later 

Na: that was GREAT!

Nu: Ummm yay

Na: I’m hungry go make me a sandwich 

Nu: ok 

• LOL 1

Apparently, Dee Dee Carlin had little Gypsy Rose Layla back at the doctor's office. Thankfully, the kid turned out to be fine. Carlin worked the whole "panicked, first-time mom" angle to the hilt, and promptly dropped the shtick the second she got home so she could gush over the return of her car. Evan was equally as obnoxious. Poor Layla doesn't seem to be much of a priority until they need to pimp out her health issues.

https://youtu.be/2hCF4kRve9M

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 2
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Apparently, Dee Dee Carlin had little Gypsy Rose Layla back at the doctor's office. Thankfully, the kid turned out to be fine. Carlin worked the whole "panicked, first-time mom" angle to the hilt, and promptly dropped the shtick the second she got home so she could gush over the return of her car. Evan was equally as obnoxious. Poor Layla doesn't seem to be much of a priority until they need to pimp out her health issues.

https://youtu.be/2hCF4kRve9M

I commented on that video that she needs to wear her mask properly. She didn't cover her nose. 

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Does anyone know who the stern-looking gentleman is in photo #8?  The one at the head of the table.  He looks like he could be related to Shrek, but he appears to either be pissed off or has male RBF.  Either way, he doesn't exude friendliness.  

My first thought was that he looked like a serial killer.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Pages ago I complemented Jill on staying out of the reception for Mr. and Mrs. Keller. I now revoke my praise.  I should’ve known better that she will not stay out of anything. Nurthan needs to put up a minefield around their Florida compound.  Like seriously, that should be their honeymoon activity. Anti-aircraft guns might be warranted too if precious Timothy flies Mama around.

There’s no way I could sit through a rehearsal dinner with somebody like Josh talking, let alone having him lead some kind of activity. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

Oops, yeah. Sorry, I missed the "not" part of Not Nurie. That's actually quite a pretty dress as well, and it seems to fit her nicely, so I can't really hate on it. She would look a lot better if it was a more vibrant color, though.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

looks like David's brother Daniel

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sixlets said:

And finally, you can't apply makeup worth shit. 

You know that's the insult she'll take to heart, right? The rest of it will just flow off her, but to criticize her SEVERELY awesome make up talent. You are dead to her now.   😈😁😈

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Damn, Anna is looking rough. Sex pest looks like crap, too, but I'd expect nothing less from him. Jill is walking barefoot down the aisle and David looks like he just rolled out of the print shop. Good lord.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
43 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I think Jill’s love/admiration for the Duggar’s is over. Haha. Haha.

The marriage that Jill expected to elevate her social status (ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER!!!) has apparently not done its job. The Duggars really shut that down. Such a shame. Maybe Jill can do better with her next offspring, but I kind of doubt it. On the other hand, a farmer for Kaylee would  provide free food for the hoard. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The marriage that Jill expected to elevate her social status (ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER!!!) has apparently not done its job. The Duggars really shut that down. Such a shame. Maybe Jill can do better with her next offspring, but I kind of doubt it. On the other hand, a farmer for Kaylee would  provide free food for the hoard. 

“Welp, time to learn how to cook Lawson’s favorite foods, Renee!”

I wish Jill would realize if she were able to turn down the 24/7 grift to background noise, feed the kids a little more, clean things up a bit, let the other narcissists take center stage, fix her style/SEVERE makeup, and stay out of her own way, she MIGHT have had a chance at becoming a true adjacent.  But that’s a little too much like self-improvement and work.  The next option is to send the daughters out to get knocked up out of wedlock by fundie boys and rake up the shotgun marriages.  Following that, an “accidental” fire at the barn house for insurance money and more grift.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

“Welp, time to learn how to cook Lawson’s favorite foods, Renee!”

I wish Jill would realize if she were able to turn down the 24/7 grift to background noise, feed the kids a little more, clean things up a bit, let the other narcissists take center stage, fix her style/SEVERE makeup, and stay out of her own way, she MIGHT have had a chance at becoming a true adjacent.  But that’s a little too much like self-improvement and work.  The next option is to send the daughters out to get knocked up out of wedlock by fundie boys and rake up the shotgun marriages.  Following that, an “accidental” fire at the barn house for insurance money and more grift.

You can only click one reaction emoji, which is not enough for this post. 🤣😩😢🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Any fire that happens there will be accidental due to EXTREME clutter

Public safety announcement:  check the batteries for your smoke detectors, and make sure all exits are clutter free.  I would be OK with Jill gritting some 9 volt batteries and a storage shed for her crap. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

TFOH! I’m 39 and people honestly ask me if I’m 30 or 31. Damn she aged like a pumpkin. 

I'm also 39, and I'm pretty sure I look my age. I used to look young for my age, but my 3rd child aged me 10 years overnight with health problems her first few months of life (she's fine now), and my 4th baby had similar health problems, so my age caught up to me. I imagine a similar scenario transpired with Esther. However, after our 4th baby also had health problems and doctors couldn't tell us why, my husband and I decided not to have more children. Even though their health problems resolved on their own over time, it was exhausting to take care of their complex needs during those first six months, and we also took into account how much that took away from my time with our other children.

I don't know the details about Esther and John's children, but I do know that no matter how much of a toll it takes on her to be a mother of 12 on the mission field, stopping the growth of their family is not seen as an option. Considering her circumstances, I'd say she looks about as well as can be expected.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, sleepysuzy said:

I'm also 39, and I'm pretty sure I look my age. I used to look young for my age, but my 3rd child aged me 10 years overnight with health problems her first few months of life (she's fine now), and my 4th baby had similar health problems, so my age caught up to me. I imagine a similar scenario transpired with Esther. However, after our 4th baby also had health problems and doctors couldn't tell us why, my husband and I decided not to have more children. Even though their health problems resolved on their own over time, it was exhausting to take care of their complex needs during those first six months, and we also took into account how much that took away from my time with our other children.

I don't know the details about Esther and John's children, but I do know that no matter how much of a toll it takes on her to be a mother of 12 on the mission field, stopping the growth of their family is not seen as an option. Considering her circumstances, I'd say she looks about as well as can be expected.

Their son Nehimiah has seizures. He came on this trip to the US, so I am hoping (probably against hope) that he saw a doctor. They were in Texas for a couple of weeks with the Shraders before the wedding.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6