Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Soooo... is Renee the next Rod for sale?

Technically Renee is 18 and Kaylee is 19 and both of them are old enough to get married. So yes Jill probably is looking for prospective husbands. 

The rest of the family are minors (underage) except for Tim. Tim is 20. He could get married, but even among fundies, most parents want someone who can provide for their daughter. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And who said we were missing Camilla from the wedding party? I think Mrs Keller and her hat are trying hard. 🤣😉

Just a thought:  back 40 years ago, there was a trend for brides to wear wide brim 'picture hats' rather than headpieces and veils.  I wonder if the hat Mrs Keller is wearing is from her own wedding back then.

• Useful 9
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Crazy folks. Newborn baby, new pandemic and she goes to another state for treatment. Her local MD says, yup, would have done the same thing. She should have checked with her local MD first.

Taking the baby to Washington for her treatment, where her parents could help her with childcare and transportation, might have allowed her to conserve her strength for treatment. At home, she'd have had five other children pestering her even if her sisters-in-law did the bulk of the daily household stuff. Not to mention the travel to and from her treatments in Kansas might have been onerous. 

Hell, maybe she just wanted a Pepsi.

Edited by Heathen
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

I'm not sure the doctor in Kansas was saying he'd offer the same treatment, but was affirming her choice of the treatment she received or that's how she heard it or chose to portray it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sondraK said:

Yes,anything but the actual wedding day.That day should've been about them.I know they were sharing the date,but Nathan should've been able to whisk Nurie away after the reception,not hang around for more cake and another celebration.Jmo

I guess the Keller kids planned it,but Ma and Pa Keller should've said they'd rather the day be about Nathan and Nurie only.If they didn't want to disappoint them,well,too bad

23 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Seriously, the photographer couldn't pick a patch of grass that wasn't beat to shit? Or frame the shot so that bare dirt didn't take up so much of the photos? Good god. 

Yes,and the power lines in the others were just as bad

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill finally recognizes the groomsmen.

Jill uses the term “God fearing” all the time.  So she believes that God is so mean and nasty that we’re all supposed to be deathly afraid of Him?

• Love 12

I don't think Mike and Suzette did anything wrong by having their anniversary party after the wedding. Nathan & Nurie supposedly picked that day to honor them, plus these kids are taught to respect their parents and they probably felt that is what they were doing. None of these people know how to have fun, so I'm guessing they had dinner, listened to Mike preach about having a godly wife & marriage, ate some cake, and then everyone dispersed. Nathan and Nurie got to begin their married life with a good meal under their belt. 

I really hope Nathan & Nurie set good boundaries so Jill can't park her bus in their front yard and leach off them whenever they're not screeching for money at churches around the nation.  I'm looking forward to Jill's posts sliding from Nathan being the bestest son-in-law ever to his being an evil charlatan who lured her innocent daughter away from her loving family and is filling her head with lies so she won't even let them come visit anymore.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 19

I don't know why Nurthan couldn't have had the anniversary cake at their own reception. Alyssa Bates Webster had a cake to celebrate Papa Bill and Mama Jane's anniversary at their reception. Erin Bates Paine infamously had the Gothard cake. 

The entire weekend was a giant shitshow.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't know why Nurthan couldn't have had the anniversary cake at their own reception. Alyssa Bates Webster had a cake to celebrate Papa Bill and Mama Jane's anniversary at their reception. Erin Bates Paine infamously had the Gothard cake. 

The entire weekend was a giant shitshow.

Maybe there wasn't enough food for the wedding guests,too.But it appears Jill invited them anyway

• Useful 1

I've been hoping for a "morning after" video of Nurthan, like the one we got for Siah and Lauren. Remember how miserable she looked? Anyway, I don't think it's going to happen. These two don't seem to care  much about SM, unlike the bestest Momma ever!

Edited by BetyBee
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I've been hoping for a "morning after" video of Nurthan, like the one we got for Siah and Lauren. Remember how miserable she looked? Anyway, I don't think it's going to happen. These two don't seem to care  much about SM, unlike the bestest Momma ever!

I wish more people were like that. I know way too much crap about way too many people from social media. Keep it all to yourselves people (mostly I mean Jill and some of my more insane relatives)

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

Jill will probably create a page for them and will run it. All she needs is some pictures from her bestest puppet Nuri. And Nyri will send MAMA whatever she wants.

I bet there will be a page by next month.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, sondraK said:

I guess the Keller kids planned it,but Ma and Pa Keller should've said they'd rather the day be about Nathan and Nurie only.If they didn't want to disappoint them,well,too bad

Yes,and the power lines in the others were just as bad

The Keller kids could've just as easily planned it for the rehearsal dinner or brunch on Sunday.  The Kellers surely could've celebrated a day early or late.  However, I suspect Jill encouraged and wanted them to have the party on the same day as Nurie's wedding.  I presume, if they paid to rent the gym, the Keller kids paid at least half the cost which wouldn't have happened if they'd done the anniversary on Friday or Sunday.  And Jill couldn't have comandeered the party to pretend it was a 'second reception' with real food and a bigger cake that she didn't pay for.

• Love 9

The buffet dinner and that very nice white wedding cake should have been for Nathan & Nurie's wedding reception. After the happy couple left they should have had the snacks and a nice SMALL cake for the Kellar anniversary.....but that would have meant the Rods would have had to pay for the food. We got your number, Jill.

• Love 14

I never thought Fundy wedding receptions were a big to-do, especially for the newlyweds. It seems to me the receptions were more of a meet and greet/speed dating for the guests and less about the newly married couple. Nurie and Nathan may have made a short appearance at the anniversary party and then left. Or maybe they didn't even go.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

Seriously, the photographer couldn't pick a patch of grass that wasn't beat to shit? Or frame the shot so that bare dirt didn't take up so much of the photos? Good god. 

Or figure out how to use a flash. All of the pics are really dark. 

• Love 3

The theory of Jill's hijacking the Keller party to serve as a second wedding reception (one with real food) is very likely. I wouldn't expect the Keller parents to say no because that wouldn't be a good start for an in-law relationship, but if Anna got pissed, good for her. I hope some of the wedding guests figured out what was happening and decided to skip the evening "festivities." Somebody should post pictures of the party. 

If Jill can tap both the Dingii and Nurthan on a regular basis, she'll be in hog heaven. I doubt Nurie can say no, but maybe the Keller family can help Nathan resist so he and Nurie can save for their future instead of becoming the grifter's piggybank. 

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Worry about socialization plans? The woman is nuts, there should be one plan-no socialization until her counts are normal. I don't understand why she doesn't get it.

That entire family doesn't get it & I almost had a coronary when I saw the pictures of Anna Marie's Welcome Home celebration and return to Kansas.  I know they were happy to have her home but much more could have been done safety wise to protect her & the family.  

At least they had the celebration outside but even tho they said they distanced, it didn't look like much.  Gigi (Terri's mother?) was there and was sitting amongst them all.  They did say there were no hugs but it looked like no one had a mask or face covering on either including the guest of honor which totally baffles me. 

If it was my family, the chosen ones to be there would have been wrapped in Saran Wrap.  Anna Marie would have been wearing a haz-mat type of suit. No joke. 

We discussed this before but why do the Maxwells and others  think the pandemic is over?  Did they get a special message from God the rest of us didn't? 

There was another post about Terri & Steve shopping again at Costco & other stores. One of their followers asked about masks & Terri said wearing them is a requirement in a lot of the stores they shop at. She made it sound like they wouldn't be wearing masks if they had a choice. 

Another poster was amazed and complimented the Maxwells on bringing  & using  coolers & cooling bags to store their cold & frozen items for the longer ride home. Like this was the first time the poster had heard of this.  

They have also started back with their weekly Sunday family lunches.  My head is swimming trying to imagine all the different contacts this group has.  Hopefully Anna Marie is not joining in for the fun and games but you never know. Give her a few weeks and her picture will be showing up amongst the crowd.

• Love 3

Anyone read this?

Surrounded by Idiots: The Four Types of Human Behavior and How to Effectively Communicate with Each in Business (and in Life) by Thomas Erikson

I think I might be buying this since this hell on earth isn't going to end very soon. Might teach me to chill my blood pressure when reading about politics, pandemics, and panderers (Jill).

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

I’ll buy (adopt) your littlest waifs Jill, and feed them, and allow them to have a life outside of worshipping mama! 

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me, except maybe that pesky Jesus guy and we're still debating that ."

Jill R. 

13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill finally recognizes the groomsmen.

Poor TFDW , strategically placed to hold Nathan's butt section .

• LOL 14
29 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Anyone read this?

Surrounded by Idiots: The Four Types of Human Behavior and How to Effectively Communicate with Each in Business (and in Life) by Thomas Erikson

I think I might be buying this since this hell on earth isn't going to end very soon. Might teach me to chill my blood pressure when reading about politics, pandemics, and panderers (Jill).

I've never read him, another you might want to check out as well is Brené Brown.

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill will milk the Keller/Dingus dry. She does not have an off button for grifting. or any shame or any morals. She is a bottomless pool of NEED stuff.

I think Jill also has a sense for sniffing out those "with a calling to be helpers or to servanthood"  Sidney Dingus seems to be one of those types

The church I used to work for did a "spiritual gifts" class and if you identified as having gifts of servanthood, helping etc they signed you up immediately and worked you relentlessly until you bailed on the church. not just for church serving. house sit/pet sit while they traveled. they grifted home improvements, snow plowing, lawn service, car leases from big 3 execs. etc. they claimed those with the gifts of helping and servanthood were spiritually blessed by using their gifts as god intended.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

C2B5D1E1-8C01-417C-8A17-00FDBBA593E7.jpeg

🙄 I’m SEVERELY NOT shocked that Jill didn’t pay for anything at all. 

Well, it is traditional for the groom's family to pay for the rehearsal dinner.  I'm sure Jill made sure they knew that and were ready to cover it.  She just probably managed to get them to comp the rest of the wedding venue and food expenses by pretending that their anniversary party was theirs alone.  Until she invited the wedding guests to join them for the 'second reception'.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I think Jill also has a sense for sniffing out those "with a calling to be helpers or to servanthood"  Sidney Dingus seems to be one of those types

The church I used to work for did a "spiritual gifts" class and if you identified as having gifts of servanthood, helping etc they signed you up immediately and worked you relentlessly until you bailed on the church. not just for church serving. house sit/pet sit while they traveled. they grifted home improvements, snow plowing, lawn service, car leases from big 3 execs. etc. they claimed those with the gifts of helping and servanthood were spiritually blessed by using their gifts as god intended.

I wonder if poor Sidney is beginning to resent being used like this. She's the one Jill is leaning on most. I know someone who gets in this situation all the time because of an inability to say no and a belief that god is directing it all. It never turns out well. God certainly doesn't mind refusing requests, so humans should take a hint.  

Is Sidney Dingus related to the family by marriage? I can't remember. If so, I wonder what Mr. Sidney Dingus thinks of the situation. Which Dingus handed over the side of beef, by the way--my favorite Jill grift ever?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Lauren seemed downright traumatized.

5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Sex pest made a speech. Jill apparently didn’t get a picture with him or Nurthan plus sex pest. He’s looking rough for 32.

Looks like Pest was running one of those "how well do you know each other" games (second picture).

Also please note that JRod is walking around barefoot! 🤢

Edited by Triple P
Grammar, JRod grossness
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I wonder if poor Sidney is beginning to resent being used like this. She's the one Jill is leaning on most. I know someone who gets in this situation all the time because of an inability to say no and a belief that god is directing it all. It never turns out well. God certainly doesn't mind refusing requests, so humans should take a hint.  

Is Sidney Dingus related to the family by marriage? I can't remember. If so, I wonder what Mr. Sidney Dingus thinks of the situation. Which Dingus handed over the side of beef, by the way--my favorite Jill grift ever?

By marriage she married into the Dingus family.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Raises hand I do have a servants heart. Jill would latch on to me like a leech. I also have a hard time saying no. I’m too nice and people take advantage of that!

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Anna looks like crap.  Josh is looking, um, “healthy”.

Who goes barefoot IN A CHURCH?

And what the heck is Not Nurie wearing?  Looks like a prom dress.  

What a hot mess.

Josh looks like  the definition of what happens when you grow up with food insecurity ,having to fight over tater tots and pickles  with your siblings and then getting enough food as an adult. . 

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Anna looks like crap.  Josh is looking, um, “healthy”.

Who goes barefoot IN A CHURCH?

And what the heck is Not Nurie wearing?  Looks like a prom dress.  

What a hot mess.

Prom dress or not, I actually think that's about the most flattering thing I've ever seen Nurie wear.

• Love 12

Wow. Anna does look rough!  Compared to how well groomed she and her family normally are for social media, I’m shocked she’d be at a party where she knows photos will be posted, with such straggly, messy hair!  

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

In the last picture, the woman at the end of the table appears to be nursing. At the risk of sounding harsh, does she seem to be of childbearing age?

That's Esther.  She's the oldest of the Keller offspring I think.  She's the one who tolerates John the missionary to Zambia.   She's been put through a lot being married to John.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4