Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I keep thinking the Kellers are younger than I thought they were. Forty years doesn't seem like as long as I expected them to have been married. Who is their eldest child? 

Their children:

9B15E4E8-001C-47F2-9570-330B8F9EC9A5.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
48 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. 200 invites is a lot, even by "regular people" standards after you factor in family size and plus-ones. 200 invites in Fundieland should've translated to a much larger crowd (which it didn't). Apparently the Rods are low-hanging fruit. Even with a Keller groom, no one was willing to attend. That has to be a kick in the teeth for a narcissist like Jill. 

Ah. The 200 was just speculation. But looking at JRod's Instagram where they were putting together the invitations there are quite a few on the table. Even with 50-100 invites and inviting huge fundamentalist families, that's quite a large wedding. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

In the one pic where you can clearly see it's a gym, I thought I spotted Sex Pest (near where Priscilla was sitting on the floor). 

We've seen a lot of pictures of the Rods, but not many pictures of the Kellers, nor of the groomsmen. I think our best shot is David Waller but it's probably unlikely that Jilly will devote pictures to them.

Looks like since I wrote this Jill posted pictures of Mike and Suzette's 40-year anniversary. Hi Jill! 

Their oldest, Esther, is 39 years old. Suzette is actually 4.5 years older than Mike (today, she's 65 and he's 60, to be 61 in October).

I didn't realize they had 27 grandchildren (of course, 23 of them are split between Esther, Anna, and Priscilla). 

• Love 2

So basically, JillyRod grifted Nurthan's whole damn wedding, right? We all know she did not pay for the "snacks" reception, and apparently the Keller's 40th Anniversary "Buffet ~ yay COVID19" "reception" was not all about her Precious Nurthan but about the Kellers! Yet she had to shoehorn her way in and make it a "second reception." Seriously??? And not a mask in sight.

I will be very, very sad to see if the COVID19 numbers spiked in that area (um, like SEVERELY close to my area) in a few weeks. There was a perfect storm that weekend. Ohio, Florida, and Texas. Just when I think she has gone to a new low... nope. She goes lower. I hate her for so many reasons. If she reads this... let her pray for me. Let her have at it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

Well it looks like the Keller's anniversary cake was professionally made and looked way better than the homemade purple layer cakes the bride and groom had. The anniversary dinner for them should have never been on their son's wedding day. Those two were short changed again. You get to be a first time bride and groom ONLY ONCE in your life. They had maybe 20 minutes of 'about them'. Jill, her donkey-husband and the Kellers should be ashamed of themselves for that.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, floridamom said:

Well it looks like the Keller's anniversary cake was professionally made and looked way better than the homemade purple layer cakes the bride and groom had. The anniversary dinner for them should have never been on their son's wedding day. Those two were short changed again. You get to be a first time bride and groom ONLY ONCE in your life. They had maybe 20 minutes of 'about them'. Jill, her donkey-husband and the Kellers should be ashamed of themselves for that.

Agreed 100%.

• Love 5

I didn't realize the Wallers had had another child. I checked out their blog -- private jet to Florida. Rebekah's husband must be quite wealthy. (Good for her.)

I have to say one thing. I have always thought the Waller children are truly loved, fundie though their parents are. They're more than just a damn number and they're well-cared for. Take that, Duggars 1.0. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Love 5

Was there really a second reception or was it just a wedding anniversary party for the Kellers that was organized and paid by their own kids?

Maybe they invited Jill and her gang to be polite only? 

If the Kellers had a fancy cake at their son's wedding reception while the newlyweds didn't, that's tacky. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Was there really a second reception or was it just a wedding anniversary party for the Kellers that was organized and paid by their own kids?

Maybe they invited Jill and her gang to be polite only? 

If the Kellers had a fancy cake at their son's wedding reception while the newlyweds didn't, that's tacky. 

My money's on "anniversary party for the Kellers." 

I don't see a problem with the nicer cake at the Kellers' reception. It isn't their fault the Rodriguii are cheap-ass grifters who wouldn't pay for a decent reception for their daughter. Jilly probably expected to con a better cake out of someone, anyway. 

• Love 19

Jilly mentions the Kellers' BUFFET DINNER in her post! She always mentions free food. Every time. You know she planned to use this as the way to feed at least some of the wedding guests. I bet David managed to help himself to a heaping plate full of fried chicken and french fries. 

Is God not yet pissed with this shameless freeloader? And yes, the Kellers invited the Rods. What else were they going to do? 

• Love 15

As I don't have anything else to do (I wish) all I can think is how many bottles of food color gel did that poor Dingus girl have to use to get that saturated a purple for Nurie's wedding cakes?

Sure Jill, you make it sound like you were responsible for the Keller's anniversary celebration. So classy.

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

Wow, Pa Keller is really looking decrepit.

Neither senior Keller looks healthy and look much older than they should. Jesus needs a better fitness plan for his peeps.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

I think the Kellers look good for their age, particularly Mrs. Keller. Actually they don't look particularly old just a little overweight. (I don't like to fat shame people, so that was me trying to be sensitive with the wording.) I know a lot of people that age and they don't look that different to me. 

• Love 3

MycKynzy looks a lot like Grandma Keller.

I agree with you all, Nurie and Nathan did not have a 2nd wedding reception.  JillR's calling it that because I'm guessing the anniversary party made the wedding reception look like left over snacks from their pantry. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I'm a decorator and it looks homemade to me. It does look nicer but I think that's because it's elegant and white and not that purple mess. 

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Real classy, Jill. So she hijacked the Keller anniversary dinner (paid for by the Keller children) as the 2nd "reception" for Nurie's wedding (the 1st consisting of grifted wedding cakes).

Yep, that’s exactly what she did.  The bitch has no shame at all.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Real classy, Jill. So she hijacked the Keller anniversary dinner (paid for by the Keller children) as the 2nd "reception" for Nurie's wedding (the 1st consisting of grifted wedding cakes).

Anna's Instagram post describes it as an anniversary celebration, so I think this is exactly what happened and leads me to a new theory about Jill unfollowing Anna that night.

The Keller children planned and paid for the 40th anniversary party to celebrate their parents, not the newlyweds. Nurie and her immediate family were included on the guest list. At some point, Jill decides the anniversary party is really a second reception and invites more people, her parents, sisters, and sisters' families at minimum, adding 25+ to the guest list. Then at the wedding Jill invites more guests to the "second reception." So what was supposed to be a party for the Keller family only, and maybe a few close friends, balloons to a much larger crowd, with the Keller children footing the bill. I think Anna, Priscilla, and Rebekah probably contributed the most money for the party.

Since Jill started following Priscilla and Rebekah, I am guessing they outwardly went with a more the merrier attitude, while Anna had words with Jill about hijacking the Keller anniversary party.

• Useful 13
  • Love 6

Did Nurie and Nathan get any kind of honeymoon?   I wonder if Nurie will help Nathan with the lawn care business?  Will they live near the Kellers?  JRod will not be pleased to have competition from Mrs. Keller in the momma department!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, kaleidoscope said:

Did Nurie and Nathan get any kind of honeymoon?   I wonder if Nurie will help Nathan with the lawn care business?  Will they live near the Kellers?  JRod will not be pleased to have competition from Mrs. Keller in the momma department!

I'm curious about where and if they went on a honeymoon, and their living arrangements!  

• Love 4

They may have driven down from the wedding to Florida and stopped somewhere along the way for a night or two, but I don’t think we’ve heard for sure. 

Edited by YupItsMe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Someone on another thread mentioned the Maxwells, so I wandered over to their blog. It looks like Anna Marie is home and thankfully quarantining themselves.

We met with the medical oncologist in Kansas City on Tuesday. We liked him in person as much as we did on our phone consult. He was supportive of our general approach so far; to the point of saying it’s exactly what he would have recommended (surgery followed by chemo). Right now we are waiting to hear from the financial coordinator at the hospital’s cancer center who is working on my care plan before we can schedule treatments. The plan is to start treatment in the next week or two. Currently the plan is that the treatments will primarily be the newly-announced subcutaneous injections that I should be able to do myself.

It was interesting to hear that the oncologist thinks my blood counts will stay in the lower range while I’m on the anti-HER2 therapy (through April). There’s another oral HER2 blocker I’ll probably be on for another year (so through April 2022) and I don’t know what effects that will have. But it definitely seems like I’ll be somewhat immune-compromised for the foreseeable future, which complicates trying to figure out what our socialization looks like. It seems like we have a lot of decisions and things like that kind of in the air right now, so we appreciate prayer for wisdom.l

I'm not a doctor (nor do I play one on TV), but it sounds like she’s getting legit medical care and not some quackery. I just hope the Maxwells all stay away, not just from her, but from the whole family to keep her healthy. (Although one of their earlier posts seems to imply that they feel the worst of the pandemic has passed. 🙄)

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Anna fly somewhere else to get treatment? Treatment that she's now getting where she lives

I thought she flew to Seattle (?) to get treatment from some "cutting edge" doctor who used some weird form of treatment? Guess that didn't work?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Anna fly somewhere else to get treatment? Treatment that she's now getting where she lives?

She got her chemo in Seattle. It sounds like she's having additional treatments in Kansas. Her flybin the ointment was testing HER2 positive, which seems to have happened in WA.

At least she will slow the baby train. No kids for at least two years.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did Anna fly somewhere else to get treatment? Treatment that she's now getting where she lives?

She was getting treatment in Washington state close enough to where she grew up and her parents live. She is now getting further treatment near the Maxwells. 

3 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I thought she flew to Seattle (?) to get treatment from some "cutting edge" doctor who used some weird form of treatment? Guess that didn't work?

It is normal to get more than one kind of treatment for cancer. She did chemo in Washington that hypothetically less toxic and extreme than normal chemo. She is doing some kind of treatment for being HERpositive.  She probably needs radiation too. I hope she gets it. 

• Love 2

Crazy folks. Newborn baby, new pandemic and she goes to another state for treatment. Her local MD says, yup, would have done the same thing. She should have checked with her local MD first.

• Love 6

Wouldn't it have been better to make the anniversary celebration be the rehearsal dinner? I know it wouldn't have exactly been on the exact anniversary date, but often times that is impossible anyway. Traditionally the groom's family give the rehearsal dinner and they could have killed two birds with one stone, so to speak.

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Wouldn't it have been better to make the anniversary celebration be the rehearsal dinner? I know it wouldn't have exactly been on the exact anniversary date, but often times that is impossible anyway. Traditionally the groom's family give the rehearsal dinner and they could have killed two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Yes,anything but the actual wedding day.That day should've been about them.I know they were sharing the date,but Nathan should've been able to whisk Nurie away after the reception,not hang around for more cake and another celebration.Jmo

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I agree. Celebrate the anniversary with the family the day before at the rehearsal dinner, which they would have been hosting anyway. THEN, after the wedding and reception, celebrate the anniversary on the actual day privately, just between the husband and wife.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

All the Rods are for sale....You know a buyer?

All female Rods are on the shelf marked for sale. TimBits, however, is not for sale. He displeased Best Momma Ever so he is being punished.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I’ll buy (adopt) your littlest waifs Jill, and feed them, and allow them to have a life outside of worshipping mama! 

I wonder how long she’ll talk into Nuries ear to make her continue “starving for Jesus” to prove to everyone it wasn’t her. She knows it’ll look bad on her if Nurie gains weight without a pregnancy. Poor girls and their Stockholm syndrome.

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
Auto correct
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kaleidoscope said:

According to Jill's many claims of fake Instas for Nurie and Nathan, they are on their honeymoon. She's yet to say where or how long, just that they are. 

1 hour ago, sondraK said:

Yes,anything but the actual wedding day.That day should've been about them.I know they were sharing the date,but Nathan should've been able to whisk Nurie away after the reception,not hang around for more cake and another celebration.Jmo

Yeah, but Nurie probably got her first decent meal in months and desperately needed the calories.