Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

15 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, look. A message from “Renee.” Sure, this totally sounds like it was written by Renee and not at all by her narcissistic mother. 

She looks like she is both 14 and 45 at the same time...

• Like 16
  • Sad 8

9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well this is a random post.

They weren't the only ones posting about this. Yesterday was in fact World Day Against Trafficking.  There were lots of posts against human trafficking on social media from both people of various political affiliations. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

Compared to Anna's and Jill's wedding dresses, Nurie's is beautiful. (very low bar, however)

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

Steve Maxwell writes a weekly column where he gives bad advice. This one is weird. 

Two Leavenworth Escapees

"It was a work detail tasked with clearing out tall grass and weeds. While loading them up after completion of the work, two escaped. They have been on the run in Leavenworth trying to avoid capture. It has been the talk of the town. What is funny is that people are getting quite a kick out of it. We haven’t had anything this interesting here for quite a while.  

If you have ever been held captive, you understand how freedom is precious. Today, men are easily enslaved by the sin of their choice — usually what they view or consume. At some point, the pleasure is exchanged for guilt and a longing to be free. 

In addition to Dad, might you have a teenager in bondage? My guess is a lot more than the dads know. Watch for changes in character, and secretiveness. Does he happily allow you access to his phone and want accountability?

Know the “health” of your flock, and dad if you are enslaved, get free no matter what the cost. See a brother for help. Call someone. 

Those two, free, happy “Goats for Hire” who escaped are still on the loose. It will be a sad day once they are caught and locked up.  

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace” (Romans 6:12-14). 

We use Accountable2You on our phones and devices, and we highly recommend them. This is our affiliate link, and it helps defray the costs of sending these emails to you. "

• Laugh 8

38 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Compared to Anna's and Jill's wedding dresses, Nurie's is beautiful. (very low bar, however)

Very true. 

As a person who's never liked the idea of having to choose what "fashion" is currently "on trend" for wedding dresses but likes seeing people wearing all kinds, including vintage ones with sentimental value or that represent a time period the bride loves or whatever, I think her dress would look fine --  except there's just too much of it. 

If it were trimmed down by somebody who can tailor so that it fit her well and didn't swallow her up in a bit too much skirt etc., I think she'd look lovely in it. Her looking as happy in it as she does would be a nice embellishment for a well-fitting dress. 

17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Steve Maxwell writes a weekly column where he gives bad advice. This one is weird. 

If he ever gets anything of his published in anybody else's newsletter or on their website, this should be the byline of the article. 

Until then, it'd at least make a great byline for his pieces on the Maxwell family blog or Stevehovah's personal blog -- I forget exactly where he puts his be-a-Dad-like-crazy-Steve stuff....

Actually, I like it so much that I may start writing a column and use this as my byline:   "Churchhoney writes a weekly column where she gives bad advice. This one is weird." 

Yes. I like it very much. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 13

In addition to Dad, might you have a teenager in bondage?

If my next Tinder meet up goes according to plan, yes!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 23

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I hope that isn't the case and hopefully Nathan will not let that happen. . I think she is a lovely young woman who would look better with about 20 lbs on her frame.

I agree. I think all the girls could be really pretty, but the malnutrition and outdated styling detracts from their looks.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, toodles said:

She looks like an extra in "Working Girl".

Or one of the "Designing Women" c. 1987.

Poor bride. The dress needed those Princess Di sleeves removed. And her lifeless hair was at it's most lifeless. I'm all for weddings on a budget, but this one was just sad.

Are they residing in FL? Just need to know so I can be on the lookout for Fundies in denim swimwear thrashing around.

I think the groom really scored out of his league (if the Mommager manages to focus on selling off the next underfed heifer and leaves them alone). Hope she got to digest some food before puking her guts out from morning sickness.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If it were trimmed down by somebody who can tailor so that it fit her well and didn't swallow her up in a bit too much skirt etc., I think she'd look lovely in it. Her looking as happy in it as she does would be a nice embellishment for a well-fitting dress. 

It isn't my style of a dress, I preferred the bridesmaid's dresses (minus Jill's), but if its her style and makes her smile, all the more power to her. 

• Like 5

Nuri's wedding dress was fine, to me, and suited her. Dresses run the gamut from very modern to throwback. She was always going to go with a modest, traditional dress, so I can't compare it to anything else. 

I agree Renee did NOT write that Instagram post. The dead giveaway was the posting of photos in the stories section, with the same font reposting what "Renee" said in the picture. Jill is notorious for posting a photo with caption and then reiterating her feelings by posting the same caption (and often the same pictures) in her stories. No way would Renee have duplicated it unless Jill was standing over her, telling her what to write. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

that is what happens when your photographer was a grift. 

LOL.Yes,not very pro at all

• Like 3

3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill needs to consider that even the Duggars only rave about Michelle on either her birthday or Mother's Day. 

It would be hilarious if Jill had married someone like Jb.They'd be butting heads often over running everything,as I don't see Jill as meek like Michelle,and not one to back down.Jb wouldn't know what to do with a woman like Jill.LOL

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Madtown said:

Well maybe Renee,  maybe your "momma" wouldn't "suffer" so much hate, if she didn't spew so much hate...

Trying to figure out why they would choose a picture that was taken at Christmas time..lol. Maybe Jill wouldn't "suffer" so much hate, if she didn't spew hate.

And, since Renee supposedly did this post, why did she put a picture of herself on it and not one of her mother who is the subject of her writings? Or a picture of her and her mother?  Or a picture of herself where she didn't look like an extra in Working Girl?

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 23
  • Useful 1

Jill confirms in her stories that Nurie didn't wear her dress but picked this out herself. She didn't say whether this was the dress she bought when she was 13. 

Also, another fake IG. Nurthan are going to run out of names for their real IG at this rate.

• Laugh 6

It's hard to say how much input Nurie had in that wedding. Jill is the only person ever to have a say about anything, so I imagine Nurie just went along, as she's been trained to do.  I'm OK with the purple flowers and maybe the purple cakes because Nurie has said that she likes purple, and at least she got something she probably wanted.  

What did that wedding planner do? What was that wedding planner allowed to do? It's kind of funny that the great decorator and expert in everything used a wedding planner, even a grifted real estate salesperson turned wedding planner. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's hard to say how much input Nurie had in that wedding. Jill is the only person ever to have a say about anything, so I imagine Nurie just went along, as she's been trained to do.  I'm OK with the purple flowers and maybe the purple cakes because Nurie has said that she likes purple, and at least she got something she probably wanted.  

What did that wedding planner do? What was that wedding planner allowed to do? It's kind of funny that the great decorator and expert in everything used a wedding planner, even a grifted real estate salesperson turned wedding planner. 

I'd be willing to bet that Jill approved Nurie's favorite color.   If Jill didn't like purple, then Nurie would've been told it wasn't her favorite, she was clearly mistaken and Jesus wanted her to pray on it and choose a different favorite color, one that Mama liked.

• Like 8
  • Sad 3

I imagine Jill presented Nurie with a list of colors, decorations, and bridesmaids, with herself listed as Matron of Honor, and Nurie, good, brainwashed girl that she is, agreed.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Two Leavenworth Escapees

"It was a work detail tasked with clearing out tall grass and weeds. While loading them up after completion of the work, two escaped. They have been on the run in Leavenworth trying to avoid capture. It has been the talk of the town. What is funny is that people are getting quite a kick out of it. We haven’t had anything this interesting here for quite a while.  

If you have ever been held captive, you understand how freedom is precious. Today, men are easily enslaved by the sin of their choice — usually what they view or consume. At some point, the pleasure is exchanged for guilt and a longing to be free. 

In addition to Dad, might you have a teenager in bondage? My guess is a lot more than the dads know. Watch for changes in character, and secretiveness. Does he happily allow you access to his phone and want accountability?

Know the “health” of your flock, and dad if you are enslaved, get free no matter what the cost. See a brother for help. Call someone. 

Those two, free, happy “Goats for Hire” who escaped are still on the loose. It will be a sad day once they are caught and locked up.  

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace” (Romans 6:12-14). 

We use Accountable2You on our phones and devices, and we highly recommend them. This is our affiliate link, and it helps defray the costs of sending these emails to you. "

Still not over one of his sons moving into an apartment with his new wife  ?

• Laugh 20

37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill confirms in her stories that Nurie didn't wear her dress but picked this out herself. She didn't say whether this was the dress she bought when she was 13. 

Also, another fake IG. Nurthan are going to run out of names for their real IG at this rate.

Jill’sfavoritepuppets

NathanNuri4ever

• Like 1

Another fake account. Jill sure spends a lot of time on her phone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, beckie said:

I imagine Jill presented Nurie with a list of colors, decorations, and bridesmaids, with herself listed as Matron of Honor, and Nurie, good, brainwashed girl that she is, agreed.

Yes,no way Jill wasn't going to be Matron of honor.I bet she'll be so at all the girl's weddings

• Like 4

While Jill may well have insisted on being the matron of honor, I could see that as being a blessing in disguise — the matron of honor is already front and (next to the) center, so there was no reason for her to invent some role that put her up there. We were probably spared her inserting herself between N & N during the ceremony to make sure they didn’t touch each other before they were pronounced man and wife, or something equally ridiculous like that. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill got something right this time.  She said the woman was their wedding coordinator.  There's a difference in a wedding coordinator and a wedding planner.  The wedding planner helps or does all those pesky details like ordering cakes, hiring photographers, renting a venue, picking a menu if you have food, getting the wedding gown in on time, invitations, and all the other details involved.  The wedding coordinator is usually only involved for the rehearsal and the actual wedding making sure everyone is gathered at the correct time, has their flowers, lines up in order, and tries to bring the shindig off on time. 

• Like 14
  • Useful 4

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I'd be willing to bet that Jill approved Nurie's favorite color.   If Jill didn't like purple, then Nurie would've been told it wasn't her favorite, she was clearly mistaken and Jesus wanted her to pray on it and choose a different favorite color, one that Mama liked.

Jill got locked in on purple because she bragged how Nurie's (failed courtship) guy brought her purple gum and some other small purple gift. 

Kaylee and Renee don't have preferences for colors or anything else we know about, so Jill will have her way 100 percent with them. Jill's color scheme is anything bright, flashy, and non-complimentary on the color wheel. Start with PINK!!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill’sfavoritepuppets

NathanNuri4ever

How about LeaveusaloneJill?

• Laugh 16

6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

that is what happens when your photographer was a grift. 

I think that between everyone who was there with cameras, there are enough nice pictures of them to make an album they will enjoy looking back on. I mean, really...what do you need? My parents, who got married in 1956, have half a dozen photos, and those are enough to show how joyous the day was, and how in love they were. Mr Jyn and I did not have a photographer, and about 45 people at the wedding, and we have about 30 good photos, none of them professional by any means, but perfectly suited to remember the day. My daughter had about 20 people in my mom's backyard for her wedding, and probably had a few hundred photos to choose from, quite a few from people who definitely knew their way around a camera. What's really the big deal about professionally posed and shot photos anyway?

• Like 13

21 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, look. A message from “Renee.” Sure, this totally sounds like it was written by Renee and not at all by her narcissistic mother. 

It makes zero sense that Renee would post a zillion words kissing her mother’s ass right after her sister’s wedding. How about a post about how wonderful the wedding was and how happy she is for her sister? Now that would make sense.

This is just Jill Appeasement at gun point.

Hey, Jill? Seek help. Also, fuck off.

• Like 23

5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I hope that isn't the case and hopefully Nathan will not let that happen. . I think she is a lovely young woman who would look better with about 20 lbs on her frame.

And without the dark troweled on makeup .. I really hope someone will introduce Nuri to some paler colours more suited to her youth 

• Like 6

Any guesses on the first baby's name? Maybe Jill for a girl? My guess is it will at least be a middle name,at some point.And maybe momma will want all J names for them,like the Duggars,only after her

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 1

I’m guessing that Nurie and Nathan will continue the “N” theme for their children’s’ names. For the first girl I predict  Noyes Jill Rodrigues Keller. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 10
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, EVS said:

I’m guessing that Nurie and Nathan will continue the “N” theme for their children’s’ names. For the first girl I predict  Noyes Jill Rodrigues Keller. 

Yes,LOL

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Does anyone recall the days of attending a wedding reception and there would be cameras on the tables for guests to take pictures? Then the bride and groom would have them developed, and get a good number of pictures. From my memory, they were candid shots and somewhat better than the posed ones.

Just my flashback for the evening. 🤣

That was my wedding in 2006. Everyone elected to use the disposable cameras to take picture of my husband and I cutting the cake, and this was like 12 different cameras. 

Topic: Another good point about Renee's post. Yeah, why must the post be about Jill and why didn't she write about Nurie? Also illustrates Jilly's narcissism. 

Edited by madpsych78
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Jill got something right this time.  She said the woman was their wedding coordinator.  There's a difference in a wedding coordinator and a wedding planner.  The wedding planner helps or does all those pesky details like ordering cakes, hiring photographers, renting a venue, picking a menu if you have food, getting the wedding gown in on time, invitations, and all the other details involved.  The wedding coordinator is usually only involved for the rehearsal and the actual wedding making sure everyone is gathered at the correct time, has their flowers, lines up in order, and tries to bring the shindig off on time. 

Yep, I have a friend who does this as a volunteer at her local church.  She contacts the couple via email with a bunch of information as to where to be and when to be there, what to bring, and asks for information about the flowers, music and order of the ceremony and usually goes to the rehearsal to meet them.  She makes sure that the proper flowers make it to the altar well in advance.  She greets the bridal party when they arrive and shows them where they can get dressed, use the restrooms and hang out until the ceremony.  She makes sure the doors are unlocked and the aisle runner is laid and instructs the ushers as to where to stand and how to seat people.  She gives the signal to the organist when they're ready to start the procession.  Afterwards, she collects any extra programs from the pews, makes sure there is no major disorder in the rooms used and locks the doors.

A wedding coordinator does none of the planning, she is there as a liaison between the church and the couple to make sure things happen as planned.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Like 5
  • Useful 7

19 minutes ago, EVS said:

Nuriah Ostraciza Keller.

• Laugh 5

Nova Anna Duggar Keller

Nicholas Joshua Duggar Keller 

Nancy Jill Duggar Keller 

etc etc etc

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Laugh 4

5 hours ago, lianau said:

Still not over one of his sons moving into an apartment with his new wife  ?

And *gasp* joining a church other than one led by Steve? 😮

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

The cakes. As was speculated, Jill grifted them from poor Sidney Dingus. Reception in a gym. Jill didn't spend a dime on this wedding. 😬

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 4
  • Useful 7
  • Sad 6

Yeah, I think Jill wrote "Renee's" post. She keeps posting virtually identical tributes and changes up the kids names to throw us off the scent. That being said, there might be a bit of a race to be the favourite developing at the Rod's now that the chaste and perfect Nurie has gone away and poor Timbits seems in disgrace. (Was he tempted by the sluttish New Revised Standard Bible, I wonder?) Haul out the bears and candy Not!Nuries and you too might be complimented on MAMA's social media!

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

On 7/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, lianau said:

I don't understand why both Nathan and Nurie can wear fitting clothes here but on their actual wedding day they were both drowning in their clothes . 

Because the wedding was based on what Jill wanted and for the rehearsal Nathan and Nurie chose their own clothes.

There were 6 women in the bridal party including her mother, 2 sisters, and a sister-in-law she barely knows. I know one of the other women is Hosanna, who is the other one? 

• Like 5

I want to say her name is Jasmine? They went on a mission trip to Africa together (Shrek accompanied Nurie).

• Like 3

On 7/29/2020 at 6:09 AM, ginger90 said:

10 pictures :

This lists all of the women in the wedding party.

Yes her name is Jasmine. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2

So... there was no other food there not even punch. Guess if you went to Nathan’s parents party you ate there? 

Poor naive, kind, trusting Sidney. Run, girl run. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

I don't get it. Why a gym? No dancing, no sit down meal, not that many guests. Maybe they were expecting more guests prior to the pandemic?

And why is Prissy sitting on the floor?

Also, have there been any pictures of Jill's family?

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't get it. Why a gym? No dancing, no sit down meal, not that many guests. Maybe they were expecting more guests prior to the pandemic?

Cheap? That's my only guess because no pandemic will thwart Jill ever. It costs money to feed people, and the Dingus might have more sense now after knowing Jill and being her victims in the past.

• Like 5

In the one pic where you can clearly see it's a gym, I thought I spotted Sex Pest (near where Priscilla was sitting on the floor). 

We've seen a lot of pictures of the Rods, but not many pictures of the Kellers, nor of the groomsmen. I think our best shot is David Waller but it's probably unlikely that Jilly will devote pictures to them.

• Like 2