Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Jill confirms in her stories that Nurie didn't wear her dress but picked this out herself. She didn't say whether this was the dress she bought when she was 13. 

Also, another fake IG. Nurthan are going to run out of names for their real IG at this rate.

Jill’sfavoritepuppets

NathanNuri4ever

• Love 1
1 hour ago, beckie said:

I imagine Jill presented Nurie with a list of colors, decorations, and bridesmaids, with herself listed as Matron of Honor, and Nurie, good, brainwashed girl that she is, agreed.

Yes,no way Jill wasn't going to be Matron of honor.I bet she'll be so at all the girl's weddings

• Love 4

While Jill may well have insisted on being the matron of honor, I could see that as being a blessing in disguise — the matron of honor is already front and (next to the) center, so there was no reason for her to invent some role that put her up there. We were probably spared her inserting herself between N & N during the ceremony to make sure they didn’t touch each other before they were pronounced man and wife, or something equally ridiculous like that. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

What did that wedding planner do? What was that wedding planner allowed to do? It's kind of funny that the great decorator and expert in everything used a wedding planner, even a grifted real estate salesperson turned wedding planner. 

Jill got something right this time.  She said the woman was their wedding coordinator.  There's a difference in a wedding coordinator and a wedding planner.  The wedding planner helps or does all those pesky details like ordering cakes, hiring photographers, renting a venue, picking a menu if you have food, getting the wedding gown in on time, invitations, and all the other details involved.  The wedding coordinator is usually only involved for the rehearsal and the actual wedding making sure everyone is gathered at the correct time, has their flowers, lines up in order, and tries to bring the shindig off on time. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

I'd be willing to bet that Jill approved Nurie's favorite color.   If Jill didn't like purple, then Nurie would've been told it wasn't her favorite, she was clearly mistaken and Jesus wanted her to pray on it and choose a different favorite color, one that Mama liked.

Jill got locked in on purple because she bragged how Nurie's (failed courtship) guy brought her purple gum and some other small purple gift. 

Kaylee and Renee don't have preferences for colors or anything else we know about, so Jill will have her way 100 percent with them. Jill's color scheme is anything bright, flashy, and non-complimentary on the color wheel. Start with PINK!!!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

that is what happens when your photographer was a grift. 

I think that between everyone who was there with cameras, there are enough nice pictures of them to make an album they will enjoy looking back on. I mean, really...what do you need? My parents, who got married in 1956, have half a dozen photos, and those are enough to show how joyous the day was, and how in love they were. Mr Jyn and I did not have a photographer, and about 45 people at the wedding, and we have about 30 good photos, none of them professional by any means, but perfectly suited to remember the day. My daughter had about 20 people in my mom's backyard for her wedding, and probably had a few hundred photos to choose from, quite a few from people who definitely knew their way around a camera. What's really the big deal about professionally posed and shot photos anyway?

• Love 13
21 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, look. A message from “Renee.” Sure, this totally sounds like it was written by Renee and not at all by her narcissistic mother. 

It makes zero sense that Renee would post a zillion words kissing her mother’s ass right after her sister’s wedding. How about a post about how wonderful the wedding was and how happy she is for her sister? Now that would make sense.

This is just Jill Appeasement at gun point.

Hey, Jill? Seek help. Also, fuck off.

• Love 24
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I hope that isn't the case and hopefully Nathan will not let that happen. . I think she is a lovely young woman who would look better with about 20 lbs on her frame.

And without the dark troweled on makeup .. I really hope someone will introduce Nuri to some paler colours more suited to her youth 

• Love 6

Any guesses on the first baby's name? Maybe Jill for a girl? My guess is it will at least be a middle name,at some point.And maybe momma will want all J names for them,like the Duggars,only after her

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I’m guessing that Nurie and Nathan will continue the “N” theme for their children’s’ names. For the first girl I predict  Noyes Jill Rodrigues Keller. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, EVS said:

I’m guessing that Nurie and Nathan will continue the “N” theme for their children’s’ names. For the first girl I predict  Noyes Jill Rodrigues Keller. 

Yes,LOL

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Does anyone recall the days of attending a wedding reception and there would be cameras on the tables for guests to take pictures? Then the bride and groom would have them developed, and get a good number of pictures. From my memory, they were candid shots and somewhat better than the posed ones.

Just my flashback for the evening. 🤣

That was my wedding in 2006. Everyone elected to use the disposable cameras to take picture of my husband and I cutting the cake, and this was like 12 different cameras. 

Topic: Another good point about Renee's post. Yeah, why must the post be about Jill and why didn't she write about Nurie? Also illustrates Jilly's narcissism. 

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Jill got something right this time.  She said the woman was their wedding coordinator.  There's a difference in a wedding coordinator and a wedding planner.  The wedding planner helps or does all those pesky details like ordering cakes, hiring photographers, renting a venue, picking a menu if you have food, getting the wedding gown in on time, invitations, and all the other details involved.  The wedding coordinator is usually only involved for the rehearsal and the actual wedding making sure everyone is gathered at the correct time, has their flowers, lines up in order, and tries to bring the shindig off on time. 

Yep, I have a friend who does this as a volunteer at her local church.  She contacts the couple via email with a bunch of information as to where to be and when to be there, what to bring, and asks for information about the flowers, music and order of the ceremony and usually goes to the rehearsal to meet them.  She makes sure that the proper flowers make it to the altar well in advance.  She greets the bridal party when they arrive and shows them where they can get dressed, use the restrooms and hang out until the ceremony.  She makes sure the doors are unlocked and the aisle runner is laid and instructs the ushers as to where to stand and how to seat people.  She gives the signal to the organist when they're ready to start the procession.  Afterwards, she collects any extra programs from the pews, makes sure there is no major disorder in the rooms used and locks the doors.

A wedding coordinator does none of the planning, she is there as a liaison between the church and the couple to make sure things happen as planned.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, EVS said:

Nuriah Ostraciza Keller.

• LOL 5

The cakes. As was speculated, Jill grifted them from poor Sidney Dingus. Reception in a gym. Jill didn't spend a dime on this wedding. 😬

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 7
  • Love 3

Yeah, I think Jill wrote "Renee's" post. She keeps posting virtually identical tributes and changes up the kids names to throw us off the scent. That being said, there might be a bit of a race to be the favourite developing at the Rod's now that the chaste and perfect Nurie has gone away and poor Timbits seems in disgrace. (Was he tempted by the sluttish New Revised Standard Bible, I wonder?) Haul out the bears and candy Not!Nuries and you too might be complimented on MAMA's social media!

Edited by satrunrose
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
On 7/30/2020 at 6:31 PM, lianau said:

I don't understand why both Nathan and Nurie can wear fitting clothes here but on their actual wedding day they were both drowning in their clothes . 

Because the wedding was based on what Jill wanted and for the rehearsal Nathan and Nurie chose their own clothes.

There were 6 women in the bridal party including her mother, 2 sisters, and a sister-in-law she barely knows. I know one of the other women is Hosanna, who is the other one? 

• Love 5

I don't get it. Why a gym? No dancing, no sit down meal, not that many guests. Maybe they were expecting more guests prior to the pandemic?

And why is Prissy sitting on the floor?

Also, have there been any pictures of Jill's family?

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't get it. Why a gym? No dancing, no sit down meal, not that many guests. Maybe they were expecting more guests prior to the pandemic?

Cheap? That's my only guess because no pandemic will thwart Jill ever. It costs money to feed people, and the Dingus might have more sense now after knowing Jill and being her victims in the past.

• Love 5

In the one pic where you can clearly see it's a gym, I thought I spotted Sex Pest (near where Priscilla was sitting on the floor). 

We've seen a lot of pictures of the Rods, but not many pictures of the Kellers, nor of the groomsmen. I think our best shot is David Waller but it's probably unlikely that Jilly will devote pictures to them.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Topic: Another good point about Renee's post. Yeah, why must the post be about Jill and why didn't she write about Nurie? Also illustrates Jilly's narcissism. 

Nathan and Nurie can name their first child Narcissa -- for a girl...or Narcissus -- boy....Works for both sexes...

And when Jill comes to them saying "My grandbaby -- how severely sweet!" while actually shooting poison daggers out of her eyes at them for not naming the little tyke after her, they can say -- 'We named her after you, Mom!" Narcissa Magna Keller. 

A person can dream, right? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Narcissa Magna Keller.

Well that made me laugh. I had a grandmother who's name was Narcissus and she lived up to that name. But I hear her mother wanted to name her after the flower and not the greek myth and someone spelled it incorrectly. Or correctly as it happened.

• LOL 9
3 minutes ago, Portia said:

I assumed the reception was in a church's combination fellowship hall/gymnasium. I've seen many and attended a fair number of receptions in them.

But usually with tables and chairs set up, filling the room.

This gym was set up worse than a sixth grade prom.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Well that made me laugh. I had a grandmother who's name was Narcissus and she lived up to that name. But I hear her mother wanted to name her after the flower and not the greek myth and someone spelled it incorrectly. Or correctly as it happened.

When My older son and daughter were about 2 and 4, we used to call them Narcissus and Echo, as my son always had a streak of the dramatic in him, and loved to set up various scenarios, then you could just see him checking himself out in any reflective surface while he told my daughter what he was going to say, then tell her how she was supposed to respond - and she always said whatever he told her to. Of course, she eventually did grow out of that! LOL

Sorry for going off topic, just couldn't resist.

But, yeah, Narcissa Magna is perfect for Jill. I might just call her that from here on. Too bad that she and the Rodlings have probably never heard any Greek Mythology. Well, I suppose Jill might have at some point, but probably thinks it's Satanic. Still, those roots have become commonly enough used English words that she'd still get it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

When My older son and daughter were about 2 and 4, we used to call them Narcissus and Echo, as my son always had a streak of the dramatic in him, and loved to set up various scenarios, then you could just see him checking himself out in any reflective surface while he told my daughter what he was going to say, then tell her how she was supposed to respond - and she always said whatever he told her to. Of course, she eventually did grow out of that! LOL

Sorry for going off topic, just couldn't resist.

But, yeah, Narcissa Magna is perfect for Jill. I might just call her that from here on. Too bad that she and the Rodlings have probably never heard any Greek Mythology. Well, I suppose Jill might have at some point, but probably thinks it's Satanic. Still, those roots have become commonly enough used English words that she'd still get it.

Love Narcissus and Echo! Hilarious! 

• Love 5

I've never been in a church that had its own gym, but anything's possible. It looks sad for an adult party, but it beats that Duggar daughter wedding where guests stood in a parking lot in November (?) eating little scoops of ice cream. 

I bet the Dingii not only provided the cakes but the rest of the food too. So far, Jill's only expenses seem to be Nurie's gown, three green dresses, three boys' vests, and a mismatched tie for David. They should be able to rake in enough love offerings to cover that. 

• Love 12

Usually people who hold receptions in the church hall do a bit more decorating than Jill did.  I don't think she did more than pull a couple of tables into her desired spot and slap a tablecloth on them.  The long table may have a punch bowl on it and a couple of bowls of likely nuts or mints.  They didn't appear to have many guests and those that were there seemed to be mainly Nurie's or Nathan's close relatives.  Did anyone from her father's side show up?

• Love 6

I'm sure I'm giving them too much credit, but it's possible this wedding reception was their version of social distancing. It seems like there's very few attending who weren't directly related to someone in the wedding. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I'm sure I'm giving them too much credit, but it's possible this wedding reception was their version of social distancing. It seems like there's very few attending who weren't directly related to someone in the wedding. 

I thought Jill bragged about sending 200 invites out? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think Jill had a dismal showing for the nuptials of the year and doesn't want to let on about it. She wasn't going to get a thousand plus people like a Duggar wedding, but I'm sure she was expecting a lot more to show up.

It's weird to think that we won't be seeing any mega fundie weddings any time soon. The Duggars and Bateses won't know what to do with themselves if someone needs to get hitched! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

It's weird to think that we won't be seeing any mega fundie weddings any time soon. The Duggars and Bateses won't know what to do with themselves if someone needs to get hitched! 

Well, then I guess it'll be a test to see if the correct Jesus can actually solve such a monumental problem! 

• LOL 7

The poor Dingus girl. She must have been instructed not to share the cakes she made online until Jill gave her permission. JillR knows she's just JillR, right? And that weddings and wedding cakes happen all the time?

• Love 12
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Does anyone recall the days of attending a wedding reception and there would be cameras on the tables for guests to take pictures? Then the bride and groom would have them developed, and get a good number of pictures. From my memory, they were candid shots and somewhat better than the posed ones.

Just my flashback for the evening. 🤣

Yup, 1994. We got all kinds of great candid shots, mostly of the guests.

congrats to Nurie and her not-a-whoremonger husband. Here’s hoping they enjoy all their “intimate touching” and some good solid food.

• Love 8

Marjorie Jackson's little sister Genevieve is getting married today. It shows how young Marjorie was when she courted Josiah that Marjorie is only  22. Her sister just turned 20. I hope Genevieve and Nick (the couple) are happy together. 

Editing to add: Genevieve is getting a covenant marriage. Her parents must still be fundie-lite. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The poor Dingus girl. She must have been instructed not to share the cakes she made online until Jill gave her permission. JillR knows she's just JillR, right? And that weddings and wedding cakes happen all the time?

Jill sets very high standards for her donors. 😁

I guess that's the Grifter Code of Ethics. It's a Very Special Code because the ethics only apply to other people, not to the grifters. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
4 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

I thought Jill bragged about sending 200 invites out? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think Jill had a dismal showing for the nuptials of the year and doesn't want to let on about it. She wasn't going to get a thousand plus people like a Duggar wedding, but I'm sure she was expecting a lot more to show up.

I agree. 200 invites is a lot, even by "regular people" standards after you factor in family size and plus-ones. 200 invites in Fundieland should've translated to a much larger crowd (which it didn't). Apparently the Rods are low-hanging fruit. Even with a Keller groom, no one was willing to attend. That has to be a kick in the teeth for a narcissist like Jill. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9