Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

53 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Jill prob. grifted her for free,so she gets a pass.lol

She was the realtor who sold their WV house. Though to be honest, there wasn't much to " coordinate " here.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Nurie looks better in that red dress and hairstyle than her wedding attire.

I agree.  That’s the prettiest she’s ever looked IMO.

• Like 9

1582E302-C58B-4D92-8EB8-87C7E8BCCD81.jpeg

So many mistakes. Home school fail.

Also shut up and sit down Jill.

The hair... oh myyyy... it’s so awful I just can’t.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

Before you get your 2spoons if oatmeal for breakfast you must say 

1. you are the bestest mama for giving me life 

2. what wonderful cook you are

3. thank you so much for my daily meal of 100 calories I’m so full mama

4. oh it’s okay mama I am giving up my portion to you and papa because you are hungry 

5. papa isn’t fat he’s big boned 

6. mama you are the skinniest I swear 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 9
  • Sad 4

I will say that if, by some miniscule chance, Renee actually DID write that, it's a perfect example of a Stockholm Syndrome victim writing about her captor.

• Like 12
  • Sad 17

24 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Before you get your 2spoons if oatmeal for breakfast you must say 

1. you are the bestest mama for giving me life 

2. what wonderful cook you are

3. thank you so much for my daily meal of 100 calories I’m so full mama

4. oh it’s okay mama I am giving up my portion to you and papa because you are hungry 

5. papa isn’t fat he’s big boned 

6. mama you are the skinniest I swear 

“Momma loves you most today!  You can hold your head over the plexus container and breathe in the dust as a reward!”

Edited by JoanArc
  • Laugh 3
  • Sad 5

17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hard to believe this was Josie less than 10 years ago. (and check out Erin and Alyssa doing the Fundy glam)

image.png.38ea6df16e060e4123c3951466da77f3.png

I can’t even tell which one is Josie!  In the front row, beside Zach?  Catlin in the middle, and Katie next to her?

48 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, look. A message from “Renee.” Sure, this totally sounds like it was written by Renee and not at all by her narcissistic mother. 

I am 45 years old, and we all had this exact hair in 1987-1991 in high school. The higher the better, and cooler. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 4

4 minutes ago, awaken said:

I can’t even tell which one is Josie!  In the front row, beside Zach?  Catlin in the middle, and Katie next to her?

I am 45 years old, and we all had this exact hair in 1987-1991 in high school. The higher the better, and cooler. 

Ikr? I'm 55 and we did it in the early 80's 

Edited by sondraK
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I will say that if, by some miniscule chance, Renee actually DID write that, it's a perfect example of a Stockholm Syndrome victim writing about her captor.

Yeah either Jill pretended to be her daughter and wrote an ode to herself or her poor daughter just really wants a fucking extra sip of Plexus, so she caved and wrote Mommy want she wants to hear. Both are incredibly fucked up in their own way, though I'm sure Jill will come here and read the snark and decide she needs to write an ode to Mommy from every single one of her kids to show the heathens how wonderful she is. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 3

Has there been any update on Michael Bates?  Does she still have her Etsy store?  Still no baby?

8 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Has there been any update on Michael Bates?  Does she still have her Etsy store?  Still no baby?

No babies to blanket train!

• Like 2

“Soul winning?”  Is that what they call God-bothering random people in laundromats? 🙄

In the vintage Bates photo I think Josie is on the left beside Zach, Carlin in the middle, then Katie.  Josie looks mortified.  Those dresses were an abomination.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

NEVER expects praise.

praise the lord applause GIF

She doesn't have to expect it... she doles it out to herself thru fake posts she claims her kids wrote. 

• Like 13

Well maybe Renee,  maybe your "momma" wouldn't "suffer" so much hate, if she didn't spew so much hate...

8 hours ago, awaken said:

Trying to figure out why they would choose a picture that was taken at Christmas time..lol. Maybe Jill wouldn't "suffer" so much hate, if she didn't spew hate.

• Like 17

Umm, not sure what happened to my post, but The first one with the picture shouldn't be there. Sorry for the repeat..

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well this is a random post.

“No, really, investigate the Duggars.”

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

12 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Nurie looks fabulous...except...are those flip flops???

Maybe they were going to Starbucks for pedicures after the rehearsal.

• Laugh 17

10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, look. A message from “Renee.” Sure, this totally sounds like it was written by Renee and not at all by her narcissistic mother. 

"I, Renee."

379590900_ScreenShot2020-07-31at9_05_20AM.png.f091072cf6b9ea2f80e5cb95586c2c93.png

• Like 4
  • Laugh 15
  • Sad 1

Jill is really laying it on thick lately with the “suffering hate from the ungodly” stuff. Something must have it a nerve.

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

Jill is really laying it on thick lately with the “suffering hate from the ungodly” stuff. Something must have it a nerve.

Imagine someone as pathetic as Anna not wanting to be your friend.

• Like 16
  • Laugh 3

12 hours ago, charmed1 said:

It's certainly possible Jill wrote it. But I think it's also quite possible that Renee wrote it. You can be pretty easily brainwashed into becoming an unconscious parrot of another person, especially when that person gets to start brainwashing you from the instant you're born. And Jill is nothing if she's not one of the most determined brainwashers on the planet. 

Either way, very very very sad for Renee and the rest of the Rod clan. 

Kinda makes me think  of the line from Blake -- "Pity would be no more if we did not make somebody poor." In this case, pity would be no more if we didn't have people who determinedly believe that parents' job is to deprive kids of their individual personhood. 

Hella depressing whichever way this goes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Sad 13

Why does Renee know about the hate and criticism JillR "suffered at the hands of"? Is it happening in real life too? Or just on the internet? If its just on the internet then JillR should keep her mouth shut and not involve her kids.

• Like 16

If SO many don’t know the real Jill, how much has she done for others?

When I started reading this I thought it was going to include, being of sound mind and body.....

• Like 9
  • Laugh 5

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why does Renee know about the hate and criticism JillR "suffered at the hands of"? Is it happening in real life too? Or just on the internet? If its just on the internet then JillR should keep her mouth shut and not involve her kids.

Don't you get the feeling that Jill may treat her kids to a literally unceasing litany of the evils she suffers from all the ungodly of the world? I can't imagine her shutting up about it. She probably even believes that telling them about it is part of her "mission" and their "education" at SOTDRT.

And I doubt she has any actual adult friends to bitch to about it -- Looks to me as if, among the adult crowd, she really has nothing but donors.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 11

So renee is the new Newrie? What did notNurie do to be overlooked?

jill is such a shitfest, on par with the lowest of the low

• Like 11

Well now Jillcatraz is looking for husbands for the next St Jude models. Maybe Keller’s don’t want the last son to marry into the Rods. The Duggar’s most likely passed which is a shame. The Rod kids are so brainwashed no way they are leaving the Gothard religion.

Or Jill got kicked out of Starbucks for doing nails.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Well now Jillcatraz is looking for husbands for the next St Jude models. Maybe Keller’s don’t want the last son to marry into the Rods. The Duggar’s most likely passed which is a shame. The Rod kids are so brainwashed no way they are leaving the Gothard religion.

Or Jill got kicked out of Starbucks for doing nails.

Are the Rods Gothard followers?

58 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Are the Rods Gothard followers?

Don't think so , they are followers of the cult of Jill .

• Like 5
  • Laugh 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, lianau said:

Don't think so , they are followers of the cult of Jill .

I kind of think the Gothard cult may just not have been on the Rods' (somewhat limited) spending agenda. Gothardism seems to ask for (and ask for and ask for and ask for) a pretty endless stream of cash for various "services" and "products" after you join.....

And I'd think the relatively low-income Rods -- headed by their own personal cult guru Jill -- may have figured that it was a better use of their somewhat limited funds to traipse around to churches and churchpeople who'd give them stuff (and bucks) rather than joining any group that wanted payments......And that Jill also figured she and David were far above needing any of the "assistance" the Gothard groups claim to provide for child rearing, marriage managing and "education." 

After all, Gothard's selling proposition has always been that he and his stuff-for-sale will help you succeed in chaining up your children (and, to a lesser extent, your wife) and getting them to serve your personal interests eternally. Whereas, Jillcatraz  (OMG, @galaxychaser) doesn't seem to have had much of a struggle with the children-chaining ever, at all. (despite the hints she's dropped about Tim's allegedly intractable nature growing up).

And despite her ridic love notes about godly-head-of-house David, I can't see her wanting to join a group where elevation of the husband to boss status was such a big part of the agenda etiher. She's willing to pretend to go along with that. But it's obvious that, um, no....not at their house. in their barn and RV. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 10
  • Useful 3

No rest for poor JillR, she’s gotta grift and find godly husband for notNurie and save people at the Laundromat, plus sell all that Plexus. I’m sure the kids all hear about the Devil who is out to get them constantly so I wouldn’t be surprised they can easily spout it in a post. On Jill’s instagram. 

• Like 5

Jill needs to consider that even the Duggars only rave about Michelle on either her birthday or Mother's Day. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 8

13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It’s more than obvious who wrote that. Hey, Jill?  You are one sick bitch!

• Like 7

7 pictures:

Not sure if I previously posted this:

8A6A9BC8-B66D-4694-939F-FE014225532B.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures:

It would have been nice if the photographer could have blurred out the powerlines in the background or found a better place to take the pictures. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 1

It looks like they intended Nurie's hair to look like that for the wedding.  I'm still shaking my head over that.  The bangs just falling over her face and the too tight curls that still looked wrong even as they fell out.

The dress itself doesn't fit badly for a fundie fit of a sleeved dress, but those sleeves just aren't right.  They kind of ruin the rest of what works.  

What really gets me is that photo of everyone behind the garden trellis of a wedding arch.  Aren't you supposed to stay in front of the arch so the guests can see?  

• Like 7

Her new father in law said it was the prettiest wedding dress he had ever seen..

He also suffers from an unnamed medical condition which causes him to perpetually think it is the late 1980's/early 1990's. 

I was in my late teens/early twenties when all 3 of my older sisters were married.  Now I hope (even at that age), that I wasn't an overly selfish person who wouldn't be able to see the good deeds of others.  That being said, never did I publicly acknowledge my Mom's involvement in the weddings with some over the top show of praise and recognition.  My Mom, not being of the attention-whore type, would have taken me to the doctor had I done that.  It's just not a natural way of thinking at that age, in my opinion.  That was either Jill crafted or SEVERELY Jill motivated. A nice post in Nurie's honor would have made much more sense.  Get to work on that, Jill.

Also, Jill "loves unconditionally"?  Hey, Renee - let's take this out for a spin!  Tell your sweet, persecuted, selfless Momma that you want to go to trade school and learn how to be a plumber.  Let's see that unconditional love in action!

Man, Renee sure does love the ratted hair.  Does she have a bump-it hiding in there?  Good thing she'll never see Snookie in her original form.  It would be just the inspiration she needs!

• Like 12
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

23 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

It would have been nice if the photographer could have blurred out the powerlines in the background or found a better place to take the pictures. 

that is what happens when your photographer was a grift. 

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

14 hours ago, charmed1 said:

229 people on IG liked this post. 😒

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill needs to consider that even the Duggars only rave about Michelle on either her birthday or Mother's Day. 

Jessa would disagree!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

The alter. Ferns, netting, Mylar and lights. And maybe a partridge.

I don't think these are the professional pictures yet. I think (hope) these were taken by Jill and family.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures:

Not sure if I previously posted this:

8A6A9BC8-B66D-4694-939F-FE014225532B.jpeg

I don’t mean to be mean but she reminds me of The Corpse Bride, I suppose mama encouraged her to not eat at all till she married and then when she married still hardly eat just feed her hubby 🤢

• Sad 3

22 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I don’t mean to be mean but she reminds me of The Corpse Bride, I suppose mama encouraged her to not eat at all till she married and then when she married still hardly eat just feed her hubby 🤢

I hope that isn't the case and hopefully Nathan will not let that happen. . I think she is a lovely young woman who would look better with about 20 lbs on her frame.

• Like 8