Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, look. A message from “Renee.” Sure, this totally sounds like it was written by Renee and not at all by her narcissistic mother. 

"I, Renee."

379590900_ScreenShot2020-07-31at9_05_20AM.png.f091072cf6b9ea2f80e5cb95586c2c93.png

1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

Jill is really laying it on thick lately with the “suffering hate from the ungodly” stuff. Something must have it a nerve.

Imagine someone as pathetic as Anna not wanting to be your friend.

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
(edited)
12 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, look. A message from “Renee.” Sure, this totally sounds like it was written by Renee and not at all by her narcissistic mother. 

It's certainly possible Jill wrote it. But I think it's also quite possible that Renee wrote it. You can be pretty easily brainwashed into becoming an unconscious parrot of another person, especially when that person gets to start brainwashing you from the instant you're born. And Jill is nothing if she's not one of the most determined brainwashers on the planet. 

Either way, very very very sad for Renee and the rest of the Rod clan. 

Kinda makes me think  of the line from Blake -- "Pity would be no more if we did not make somebody poor." In this case, pity would be no more if we didn't have people who determinedly believe that parents' job is to deprive kids of their individual personhood. 

Hella depressing whichever way this goes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 1

Why does Renee know about the hate and criticism JillR "suffered at the hands of"? Is it happening in real life too? Or just on the internet? If its just on the internet then JillR should keep her mouth shut and not involve her kids.

• Love 16
(edited)
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Why does Renee know about the hate and criticism JillR "suffered at the hands of"? Is it happening in real life too? Or just on the internet? If its just on the internet then JillR should keep her mouth shut and not involve her kids.

Don't you get the feeling that Jill may treat her kids to a literally unceasing litany of the evils she suffers from all the ungodly of the world? I can't imagine her shutting up about it. She probably even believes that telling them about it is part of her "mission" and their "education" at SOTDRT.

And I doubt she has any actual adult friends to bitch to about it -- Looks to me as if, among the adult crowd, she really has nothing but donors.....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11
(edited)

Well now Jillcatraz is looking for husbands for the next St Jude models. Maybe Keller’s don’t want the last son to marry into the Rods. The Duggar’s most likely passed which is a shame. The Rod kids are so brainwashed no way they are leaving the Gothard religion.

Or Jill got kicked out of Starbucks for doing nails.

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Well now Jillcatraz is looking for husbands for the next St Jude models. Maybe Keller’s don’t want the last son to marry into the Rods. The Duggar’s most likely passed which is a shame. The Rod kids are so brainwashed no way they are leaving the Gothard religion.

Or Jill got kicked out of Starbucks for doing nails.

Are the Rods Gothard followers?

(edited)
1 hour ago, lianau said:

Don't think so , they are followers of the cult of Jill .

I kind of think the Gothard cult may just not have been on the Rods' (somewhat limited) spending agenda. Gothardism seems to ask for (and ask for and ask for and ask for) a pretty endless stream of cash for various "services" and "products" after you join.....

And I'd think the relatively low-income Rods -- headed by their own personal cult guru Jill -- may have figured that it was a better use of their somewhat limited funds to traipse around to churches and churchpeople who'd give them stuff (and bucks) rather than joining any group that wanted payments......And that Jill also figured she and David were far above needing any of the "assistance" the Gothard groups claim to provide for child rearing, marriage managing and "education." 

After all, Gothard's selling proposition has always been that he and his stuff-for-sale will help you succeed in chaining up your children (and, to a lesser extent, your wife) and getting them to serve your personal interests eternally. Whereas, Jillcatraz  (OMG, @galaxychaser) doesn't seem to have had much of a struggle with the children-chaining ever, at all. (despite the hints she's dropped about Tim's allegedly intractable nature growing up).

And despite her ridic love notes about godly-head-of-house David, I can't see her wanting to join a group where elevation of the husband to boss status was such a big part of the agenda etiher. She's willing to pretend to go along with that. But it's obvious that, um, no....not at their house. in their barn and RV. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11

No rest for poor JillR, she’s gotta grift and find godly husband for notNurie and save people at the Laundromat, plus sell all that Plexus. I’m sure the kids all hear about the Devil who is out to get them constantly so I wouldn’t be surprised they can easily spout it in a post. On Jill’s instagram. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I will say that if, by some miniscule chance, Renee actually DID write that, it's a perfect example of a Stockholm Syndrome victim writing about her captor.

It’s more than obvious who wrote that. Hey, Jill?  You are one sick bitch!

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures:

It would have been nice if the photographer could have blurred out the powerlines in the background or found a better place to take the pictures. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

It looks like they intended Nurie's hair to look like that for the wedding.  I'm still shaking my head over that.  The bangs just falling over her face and the too tight curls that still looked wrong even as they fell out.

The dress itself doesn't fit badly for a fundie fit of a sleeved dress, but those sleeves just aren't right.  They kind of ruin the rest of what works.  

What really gets me is that photo of everyone behind the garden trellis of a wedding arch.  Aren't you supposed to stay in front of the arch so the guests can see?  

• Love 7

Her new father in law said it was the prettiest wedding dress he had ever seen..

He also suffers from an unnamed medical condition which causes him to perpetually think it is the late 1980's/early 1990's. 

I was in my late teens/early twenties when all 3 of my older sisters were married.  Now I hope (even at that age), that I wasn't an overly selfish person who wouldn't be able to see the good deeds of others.  That being said, never did I publicly acknowledge my Mom's involvement in the weddings with some over the top show of praise and recognition.  My Mom, not being of the attention-whore type, would have taken me to the doctor had I done that.  It's just not a natural way of thinking at that age, in my opinion.  That was either Jill crafted or SEVERELY Jill motivated. A nice post in Nurie's honor would have made much more sense.  Get to work on that, Jill.

Also, Jill "loves unconditionally"?  Hey, Renee - let's take this out for a spin!  Tell your sweet, persecuted, selfless Momma that you want to go to trade school and learn how to be a plumber.  Let's see that unconditional love in action!

Man, Renee sure does love the ratted hair.  Does she have a bump-it hiding in there?  Good thing she'll never see Snookie in her original form.  It would be just the inspiration she needs!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
23 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

It would have been nice if the photographer could have blurred out the powerlines in the background or found a better place to take the pictures. 

that is what happens when your photographer was a grift. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, charmed1 said:

229 people on IG liked this post. 😒

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures:

Not sure if I previously posted this:

8A6A9BC8-B66D-4694-939F-FE014225532B.jpeg

I don’t mean to be mean but she reminds me of The Corpse Bride, I suppose mama encouraged her to not eat at all till she married and then when she married still hardly eat just feed her hubby 🤢

22 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I don’t mean to be mean but she reminds me of The Corpse Bride, I suppose mama encouraged her to not eat at all till she married and then when she married still hardly eat just feed her hubby 🤢

I hope that isn't the case and hopefully Nathan will not let that happen. . I think she is a lovely young woman who would look better with about 20 lbs on her frame.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, charmed1 said:

She looks like she is both 14 and 45 at the same time...

• Love 16
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Well this is a random post.

They weren't the only ones posting about this. Yesterday was in fact World Day Against Trafficking.  There were lots of posts against human trafficking on social media from both people of various political affiliations. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Steve Maxwell writes a weekly column where he gives bad advice. This one is weird. 

Two Leavenworth Escapees

"It was a work detail tasked with clearing out tall grass and weeds. While loading them up after completion of the work, two escaped. They have been on the run in Leavenworth trying to avoid capture. It has been the talk of the town. What is funny is that people are getting quite a kick out of it. We haven’t had anything this interesting here for quite a while.  

If you have ever been held captive, you understand how freedom is precious. Today, men are easily enslaved by the sin of their choice — usually what they view or consume. At some point, the pleasure is exchanged for guilt and a longing to be free. 

In addition to Dad, might you have a teenager in bondage? My guess is a lot more than the dads know. Watch for changes in character, and secretiveness. Does he happily allow you access to his phone and want accountability?

Know the “health” of your flock, and dad if you are enslaved, get free no matter what the cost. See a brother for help. Call someone. 

Those two, free, happy “Goats for Hire” who escaped are still on the loose. It will be a sad day once they are caught and locked up.  

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace” (Romans 6:12-14). 

We use Accountable2You on our phones and devices, and we highly recommend them. This is our affiliate link, and it helps defray the costs of sending these emails to you. "

• LOL 8
(edited)
38 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Compared to Anna's and Jill's wedding dresses, Nurie's is beautiful. (very low bar, however)

Very true. 

As a person who's never liked the idea of having to choose what "fashion" is currently "on trend" for wedding dresses but likes seeing people wearing all kinds, including vintage ones with sentimental value or that represent a time period the bride loves or whatever, I think her dress would look fine --  except there's just too much of it. 

If it were trimmed down by somebody who can tailor so that it fit her well and didn't swallow her up in a bit too much skirt etc., I think she'd look lovely in it. Her looking as happy in it as she does would be a nice embellishment for a well-fitting dress. 

17 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Steve Maxwell writes a weekly column where he gives bad advice. This one is weird. 

If he ever gets anything of his published in anybody else's newsletter or on their website, this should be the byline of the article. 

Until then, it'd at least make a great byline for his pieces on the Maxwell family blog or Stevehovah's personal blog -- I forget exactly where he puts his be-a-Dad-like-crazy-Steve stuff....

Actually, I like it so much that I may start writing a column and use this as my byline:   "Churchhoney writes a weekly column where she gives bad advice. This one is weird." 

Yes. I like it very much. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I hope that isn't the case and hopefully Nathan will not let that happen. . I think she is a lovely young woman who would look better with about 20 lbs on her frame.

I agree. I think all the girls could be really pretty, but the malnutrition and outdated styling detracts from their looks.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, toodles said:

She looks like an extra in "Working Girl".

Or one of the "Designing Women" c. 1987.

Poor bride. The dress needed those Princess Di sleeves removed. And her lifeless hair was at it's most lifeless. I'm all for weddings on a budget, but this one was just sad.

Are they residing in FL? Just need to know so I can be on the lookout for Fundies in denim swimwear thrashing around.

I think the groom really scored out of his league (if the Mommager manages to focus on selling off the next underfed heifer and leaves them alone). Hope she got to digest some food before puking her guts out from morning sickness.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

If it were trimmed down by somebody who can tailor so that it fit her well and didn't swallow her up in a bit too much skirt etc., I think she'd look lovely in it. Her looking as happy in it as she does would be a nice embellishment for a well-fitting dress. 

It isn't my style of a dress, I preferred the bridesmaid's dresses (minus Jill's), but if its her style and makes her smile, all the more power to her. 

• Love 5

Nuri's wedding dress was fine, to me, and suited her. Dresses run the gamut from very modern to throwback. She was always going to go with a modest, traditional dress, so I can't compare it to anything else. 

I agree Renee did NOT write that Instagram post. The dead giveaway was the posting of photos in the stories section, with the same font reposting what "Renee" said in the picture. Jill is notorious for posting a photo with caption and then reiterating her feelings by posting the same caption (and often the same pictures) in her stories. No way would Renee have duplicated it unless Jill was standing over her, telling her what to write. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Jill needs to consider that even the Duggars only rave about Michelle on either her birthday or Mother's Day. 

It would be hilarious if Jill had married someone like Jb.They'd be butting heads often over running everything,as I don't see Jill as meek like Michelle,and not one to back down.Jb wouldn't know what to do with a woman like Jill.LOL

• Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Madtown said:

Well maybe Renee,  maybe your "momma" wouldn't "suffer" so much hate, if she didn't spew so much hate...

Trying to figure out why they would choose a picture that was taken at Christmas time..lol. Maybe Jill wouldn't "suffer" so much hate, if she didn't spew hate.

And, since Renee supposedly did this post, why did she put a picture of herself on it and not one of her mother who is the subject of her writings? Or a picture of her and her mother?  Or a picture of herself where she didn't look like an extra in Working Girl?

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 1
  • Love 23

Jill confirms in her stories that Nurie didn't wear her dress but picked this out herself. She didn't say whether this was the dress she bought when she was 13. 

Also, another fake IG. Nurthan are going to run out of names for their real IG at this rate.

• LOL 6

It's hard to say how much input Nurie had in that wedding. Jill is the only person ever to have a say about anything, so I imagine Nurie just went along, as she's been trained to do.  I'm OK with the purple flowers and maybe the purple cakes because Nurie has said that she likes purple, and at least she got something she probably wanted.  

What did that wedding planner do? What was that wedding planner allowed to do? It's kind of funny that the great decorator and expert in everything used a wedding planner, even a grifted real estate salesperson turned wedding planner. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's hard to say how much input Nurie had in that wedding. Jill is the only person ever to have a say about anything, so I imagine Nurie just went along, as she's been trained to do.  I'm OK with the purple flowers and maybe the purple cakes because Nurie has said that she likes purple, and at least she got something she probably wanted.  

What did that wedding planner do? What was that wedding planner allowed to do? It's kind of funny that the great decorator and expert in everything used a wedding planner, even a grifted real estate salesperson turned wedding planner. 

I'd be willing to bet that Jill approved Nurie's favorite color.   If Jill didn't like purple, then Nurie would've been told it wasn't her favorite, she was clearly mistaken and Jesus wanted her to pray on it and choose a different favorite color, one that Mama liked.

• Love 8

I imagine Jill presented Nurie with a list of colors, decorations, and bridesmaids, with herself listed as Matron of Honor, and Nurie, good, brainwashed girl that she is, agreed.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Two Leavenworth Escapees

"It was a work detail tasked with clearing out tall grass and weeds. While loading them up after completion of the work, two escaped. They have been on the run in Leavenworth trying to avoid capture. It has been the talk of the town. What is funny is that people are getting quite a kick out of it. We haven’t had anything this interesting here for quite a while.  

If you have ever been held captive, you understand how freedom is precious. Today, men are easily enslaved by the sin of their choice — usually what they view or consume. At some point, the pleasure is exchanged for guilt and a longing to be free. 

In addition to Dad, might you have a teenager in bondage? My guess is a lot more than the dads know. Watch for changes in character, and secretiveness. Does he happily allow you access to his phone and want accountability?

Know the “health” of your flock, and dad if you are enslaved, get free no matter what the cost. See a brother for help. Call someone. 

Those two, free, happy “Goats for Hire” who escaped are still on the loose. It will be a sad day once they are caught and locked up.  

“Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace” (Romans 6:12-14). 

We use Accountable2You on our phones and devices, and we highly recommend them. This is our affiliate link, and it helps defray the costs of sending these emails to you. "

Still not over one of his sons moving into an apartment with his new wife  ?

• LOL 20