Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Back in my younger days, the big trend was groups of us to go to Denny's restaurant after dinner, order coffee and then hang out for hours. Sometimes we would take over several tables. After several months, they instituted people could only sit for x amount of time or had to order food. It never occured to us that wait staff needed those table for tips, even though we did tip, but how much could it be for a few coffees? Still, I look at it this way, it kept us off the "streets".

We did a similar thing at the Manners' Big Boy when I was a high schooler.  But, even then, both of my parents who had experience in the bar and restaurant industry, would tell us it wasn't fair to the wait staff and cooks who depended on turning over those tables to make the tips that paid their wages.  My parents were also big on leaving generous tips and cleaning up after ourselves so as not to leave a major mess for the staff.  I doubt Jill spent even a couple of seconds thinking about anyone other than herself.  She never has in the past.

Also, I'd imagine that the staff at Denny's and Big Boy were a little more indulgent when it came to kids hanging out.  They knew we didn't have a lot of options. Jill is not a kid, she is a grown adult, or should be.  Bad enough she brings her own food and throws a kids' birthday party at the mall food court, but now she's using a public restaurant as free space for a bachelorette party.  I don't think for one minute that she asked permission or offered to pay to use the space.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16
(edited)
14 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I'm surprised Josie isn't knocked up again. 

"knocked up" makes me laugh every time (I don't want to know what that says about me)

Edited by whydoiwatch
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That was quite the first kiss.  Nothing shy about either one of them - which makes me think that either it wasn't the first kiss, or that they truly do love each other.  I'd love to think that in three months we see Nurie with that same happy smile, but also 20 pounds heavier (NOT baby weight), with a cute shoulder-length bob and subtle makeup.  I want that for Nurie, but I also want that for Jill because it would mean that Nurie is no longer under her thumb.

I don't see a bob in her future, but I hope she gains some weight. And yes subtle makeup! 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't see a bob in her future, but I hope she gains some weight. And yes subtle makeup! 

And any makeup she buys will be hers alone. Her face will be looking for the usual pound of bacteria.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Where in the Bible does it say you're not supposed to kiss until your wedding day? 

It's probably in that bible, you know the one that King James wrote all by himself in between boyfriends? And it's somewhere only Jill knows.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Did I miss the new baby clothes trends or is this a weird choice of birthday outfit?

This is directly copied from the kid of the Roloff with the red-headed wife. Or from the true source : Pinterest.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2020 at 12:40 AM, sondraK said:

Yes,I've seen beautiful children come from rather homely looking parents,and homely looking kids come from beautiful parents.There's really no way to tell.Dna is a weird thing.

That said,I wish them nothing but beautiful,health

Spoiler
Spoiler

y,intelligent children who somehow manage to get an education and get a good career,in spite of all the fundie obstacles before them

(edited)
5 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I agree, she won't get a bob.  I'd just like to see her with a more modern look.  Get rid of the bangs, put away the curlers and get it trimmed regularly.  Then, maybe she could put it up in a ponytail or a messy bun every now and then rather than letting it hang limply all the time.

2 hours ago, drafan said:

This is directly copied from the kid of the Roloff with the red-headed wife. Or from the true source : Pinterest.

Here's the similar photo of the Roloff spawn.  Dad is Jeremy, mom is Audrey,  I don't know why she thought it was a good idea to wear a black bra with a sundress.  The Roloffs seem to be a role model for fundies wanting to make it big on social media.

smiling-mom-and-daughter.jpg

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2

Those muted colour, natural fabric, boho looking baby clothes are really popular.  My daughter-in-law dressed my granddaughter in similar styles (minus the bows and bracelets).  I don't think Josie was necessarily copying the Roloffs, she was just following a trend.

• Love 2

Sorry about the weird post above.  I don’t know how to delete one I started and ended up with all sorts of strange stuff.

Anyway, I had a dream last night that Nurie & Nathan moved next door to me.  Nurie was wearing shorts and a cute shirt and was incredibly happy.  She told me she was so excited to be free.

She really did look genuinely happy in her pictures with Nathan.  I hope they have some Jill-free time and are strong enough to set boundaries with her.

I also have to say I hate when people post pictures of their children in pain or distress.  The pictures of Nurie with the crying little ones should be private or not even taken at all - who wants photographic evidence of being so sad?  Then again Jill posted pictures of her daughters in the ER after their car crash, and selfies with grieving parents (who she didn’t even know) at their children’s funeral so why would she stop now.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

I'm signed in,but for some reason,I can't see it

10 hours ago, doodlebug said:

We did a similar thing at the Manners' Big Boy when I was a high schooler.  But, even then, both of my parents who had experience in the bar and restaurant industry, would tell us it wasn't fair to the wait staff and cooks who depended on turning over those tables to make the tips that paid their wages.  My parents were also big on leaving generous tips and cleaning up after ourselves so as not to leave a major mess for the staff.  I doubt Jill spent even a couple of seconds thinking about anyone other than herself.  She never has in the past.

Also, I'd imagine that the staff at Denny's and Big Boy were a little more indulgent when it came to kids hanging out.  They knew we didn't have a lot of options. Jill is not a kid, she is a grown adult, or should be.  Bad enough she brings her own food and throws a kids' birthday party at the mall food court, but now she's using a public restaurant as free space for a bachelorette party.  I don't think for one minute that she asked permission or offered to pay to use the space.  

Don't forget the hospital lounge Jill borrowed after Amy had her accident.She had a shower/gender reveal there

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, sondraK said:

I'm signed in,but for some reason,I can't see it

Don't forget the hospital lounge Jill borrowed after Amy had her accident.She had a shower/gender reveal there

I forgot about that!

13 minutes ago, Tigregirl said:

She really did look genuinely happy in her pictures with Nathan.  I hope they have some Jill-free time and are strong enough to set boundaries with her.

I also have to say I hate when people post pictures of their children in pain or distress.  The pictures of Nurie with the crying little ones should be private or not even taken at all - who wants photographic evidence of being so sad?  Then again Jill posted pictures of her daughters in the ER after their car crash, and selfies with grieving parents (who she didn’t even know) at their children’s funeral so why would she stop now.

Alas, she won't stop, as you point out.

Everything she posts is really about her. Jill's kids were in an accident. Jill went to a funeral for a family she didn't know. Jill's sister is in a wheelchair. Jill's son has a pilot's license. Jill's daughter is marrying into the Anna Duggar family, and Jill was matron of honor. Jill's children are in distress over their sister leaving. Jill saved a soul in a laundomat. 

Nothing important happens in this world unless Jill has a picture of herself in the middle of it. Suffering and drama are pluses. 

Nurie and Nathan are a new source of money, gifts, and food. Unless Nathan has a backbone of steel, he and Nurie will be doormats. Before this summer is over, Jill and crew will be camped out at Nurie/Nathan's home for the first of many unpaid, extended vacations with lots of dinners out and trips to theme parks and other photo-worthy places. 

• Love 12

She looks better in that red dress than her wedding gown- it actually fits her. 

Are they really going to go through life matching their outfits? Is this a thing with fundies or other people? So many questions.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

She looks better in that red dress than her wedding gown- it actually fits her. 

Are they really going to go through life matching their outfits? Is this a thing with fundies or other people? So many questions.

They were wearing red because it was the theme of the Kellers' anniversary party. They are pictured wearing the same outfits there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Quite possibly. She's definitely sluttishly showing some shoulder in that second pic.

Jill prob. grifted her for free,so she gets a pass.lol

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

I spy some very sluttish shoulders  and red should have been their wedding colours . I don't understand why both Nathan and Nurie can wear fitting clothes here but on their actual wedding day they were both drowning in their clothes . 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Jill prob. grifted her for free,so she gets a pass.lol

She was the realtor who sold their WV house. Though to be honest, there wasn't much to " coordinate " here.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Before you get your 2spoons if oatmeal for breakfast you must say 

1. you are the bestest mama for giving me life 

2. what wonderful cook you are

3. thank you so much for my daily meal of 100 calories I’m so full mama

4. oh it’s okay mama I am giving up my portion to you and papa because you are hungry 

5. papa isn’t fat he’s big boned 

6. mama you are the skinniest I swear 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Before you get your 2spoons if oatmeal for breakfast you must say 

1. you are the bestest mama for giving me life 

2. what wonderful cook you are

3. thank you so much for my daily meal of 100 calories I’m so full mama

4. oh it’s okay mama I am giving up my portion to you and papa because you are hungry 

5. papa isn’t fat he’s big boned 

6. mama you are the skinniest I swear 

“Momma loves you most today!  You can hold your head over the plexus container and breathe in the dust as a reward!”

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 3
17 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Hard to believe this was Josie less than 10 years ago. (and check out Erin and Alyssa doing the Fundy glam)

image.png.38ea6df16e060e4123c3951466da77f3.png

I can’t even tell which one is Josie!  In the front row, beside Zach?  Catlin in the middle, and Katie next to her?

48 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Oh, look. A message from “Renee.” Sure, this totally sounds like it was written by Renee and not at all by her narcissistic mother. 

I am 45 years old, and we all had this exact hair in 1987-1991 in high school. The higher the better, and cooler. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 minutes ago, awaken said:

I can’t even tell which one is Josie!  In the front row, beside Zach?  Catlin in the middle, and Katie next to her?

I am 45 years old, and we all had this exact hair in 1987-1991 in high school. The higher the better, and cooler. 

Ikr? I'm 55 and we did it in the early 80's 

Edited by sondraK
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I will say that if, by some miniscule chance, Renee actually DID write that, it's a perfect example of a Stockholm Syndrome victim writing about her captor.

Yeah either Jill pretended to be her daughter and wrote an ode to herself or her poor daughter just really wants a fucking extra sip of Plexus, so she caved and wrote Mommy want she wants to hear. Both are incredibly fucked up in their own way, though I'm sure Jill will come here and read the snark and decide she needs to write an ode to Mommy from every single one of her kids to show the heathens how wonderful she is. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

“Soul winning?”  Is that what they call God-bothering random people in laundromats? 🙄

In the vintage Bates photo I think Josie is on the left beside Zach, Carlin in the middle, then Katie.  Josie looks mortified.  Those dresses were an abomination.

• Love 7

Well maybe Renee,  maybe your "momma" wouldn't "suffer" so much hate, if she didn't spew so much hate...

8 hours ago, awaken said:

Trying to figure out why they would choose a picture that was taken at Christmas time..lol. Maybe Jill wouldn't "suffer" so much hate, if she didn't spew hate.

• Love 17