Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Why yes they did because of the fact that you have to go near the **** to measure the inseam and that is a no no. Because according to a fundie I know that is what turns a male gay.😂

I’m pretty sure having a penis is a prerequisite for a man being gay 

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, mimionthebeach said:

Someone in the Fundie Wonderland fb group found the source for the bridesmaid dresses. The modesty alterations are pretty horrible. The safety pin Jill's using to raise the neckline is a disaster. Reminds me of Michelle's modesty panel for her tin man dress, which, awful as it was, may actually have been better since the dress's bodice wasn't pulled and puckered. Jill should have just worn a separate shirt underneath. 😅

https://www.davidsbridal.com/SearchDisplay?catalogId=10051&facets=productColorToFamily%3A%22Green_Meadow%22&langId=-1&resultType=products&productSize=small&pageSize=30&storeId=10052&pageNumber=1&pageView=grid&categoryId=3002779

I could be wrong, but I don’t think this is the source. The “base” dress looks totally different than David’s Bridals options. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I checked out Micah's Instagram, and daaaayyummm, that dude is shredded! I guarantee that pic of him laying in the laps of female models is not Mommy-approved.

Who is this Micha person?

• Love 1

In that first picture, the one where the bride and bride's maids are holding their bouquets in the center--it looks like Nurie had to push her way into the picture.  It looks like Mama is standing in front of the bride and almost pushing her out.  Strange picture.

• Love 14
30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I checked out Micah's Instagram, and daaaayyummm, that dude is shredded! I guarantee that pic of him laying in the laps of female models is not Mommy-approved.

I wonder if Olivia took the pic 😉 lol.

• LOL 1
29 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

But they are angels. With wings. Surely that must be OK? And the one in the foreground is just there to block the view of anything which might be too defrauding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

87276453-6A70-4851-9C67-3100941D3ED4.jpeg

Can't Jill ever keep her face out of anything and just let Nurie or her girls have the spotlight for once? She seems to think she's a young person,like they are@@

• Love 5
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Not a chance 🤣. Duggar boys look 45 at 18. Rod boys look like starving scarecrows. Imagine if Micah Plath showed up he’d be like Justin Bieber of fundie stardom. Jill would try to snag him for one of her starving waifs. 

Esp. if he has lots of $ from modeling

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Someone in the Fundie Wonderland fb group found the source for the bridesmaid dresses. The modesty alterations are pretty horrible. The safety pin Jill's using to raise the neckline is a disaster. Reminds me of Michelle's modesty panel for her tin man dress, which, awful as it was, may actually have been better since the dress's bodice wasn't pulled and puckered. Jill should have just worn a separate shirt underneath. 😅

https://www.davidsbridal.com/SearchDisplay?catalogId=10051&facets=productColorToFamily%3A%22Green_Meadow%22&langId=-1&resultType=products&productSize=small&pageSize=30&storeId=10052&pageNumber=1&pageView=grid&categoryId=3002779

A plain white camisole or one trimmed with lace would've looked far better and would've coordinated the dresses better, too.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Can't Jill ever keep her face out of anything and just let Nurie or her girls have the spotlight for once? She seems to think she's a young person,like they are@@

The short answer is no.  Also, her corsage looks like a garter.

But the wallpaper matches the colour scheme of the wedding!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Jill thinks she's more important/interesting than they are.  She is sadly mistaken.  In that bathroom photo, it looks like she's got her hands on Nurie ready to shove her down the aisle.  And, why is she wearing a wristlet with flowers?  The big a**ed bouquet she was carrying wasn't enough for dear, sweet Mama?

It says a lot that Nurie wore a wedding dress she bought in a thrift store for 15 bucks 8 years ago while the world's best Mama had a brand new dress complete with poorly executed modesty alterations.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

The dresses are sold like that

https://www.colorsbridesmaid.com/

And, there are literally dozens of dresses on that site that had sleeves and a high enough neckline to meet their ridiculous modesty standards without alterations.  Why not pick from those?  Well, because if they wear a Frankendress that everyone can see has been altered, then everyone can see how modest and godly they are and not think that they chose the style just because they liked it.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The short answer is no.  Also, her corsage looks like a garter.

But the wallpaper matches the colour scheme of the wedding!

Jill looks like a middle age person trying to look like a teen.Sad look,but she'll do anything for attention

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

And, there are literally dozens of dresses on that site that had sleeves and a high enough neckline to meet their ridiculous modesty standards without alterations.  Why not pick from those?  Well, because if they wear a Frankendress that everyone can see has been altered, then everyone can see how modest and godly they are and not think that they chose the style just because they liked it.

No, no, no... they bought 'em like that! JillR may have had her neckline altered, but the rest look like they were as is. Someone on another site found them! And even though it looks like they ordered the guy's vests and bow ties from the same place, the greens do not match.

116341306_10223952643664216_1413372286614116320_n.jpg

116439877_10223952643744218_7204849888176673806_n.jpg

116443746_10223952643224205_6608461187609394056_n.jpg

116720836_10223952644184229_7192933727756248794_n.jpg

116363665_10223952643104202_4392801992135952106_n.jpg

116355747_10223952674304982_4550461358830010678_n.jpg

• Useful 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

But they are angels. With wings. Surely that must be OK? And the one in the foreground is just there to block the view of anything which might be too defrauding.

The Plaths are fundie enough for Jill R,  and their son is this guy! I'm glad someone escaped. 

• LOL 8
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

No, no, no... they bought 'em like that! JillR may have had her neckline altered, but the rest look like they were as is. Someone on another site found them! And even though it looks like they ordered the guy's vests and bow ties from the same place, the greens do not match.

116341306_10223952643664216_1413372286614116320_n.jpg

116439877_10223952643744218_7204849888176673806_n.jpg

116443746_10223952643224205_6608461187609394056_n.jpg

116720836_10223952644184229_7192933727756248794_n.jpg

116363665_10223952643104202_4392801992135952106_n.jpg

116355747_10223952674304982_4550461358830010678_n.jpg

I wasn't clear.  My comments were aimed at Jill and her insistence on getting a dress whose bustline was lower than she wanted, so she had it altered-poorly.

I know the other girls chose the modest options although most of them look like they didn't bother with fittings  or alterations.  The bodices on some of those dresses do not fit properly.

Part of the color mismatch is due to the fact that the dresses are a different fabric than the vests and are not shiny.  Even using the exact same dye, different fabrics will take the dye differently and that can result in a suboptimal matching of shades.  Either get the vests and the dresses in the same fabric or don't try to match them.  One or the other.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The one sister has the mint green on her sleeves. All the adults wore ballet flats, but the the youngest kids. And what a lovely picture of the bride and her mom/MOH - in a bathroom.

In the picture where they're holding their bouquets down you can see that minty color around her neckline as well. My guess is Jill made her wear a shirt underneath her dress because Godly modesty...

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I wasn't clear.  My comments were aimed at Jill and her insistence on getting a dress whose bustline was lower than she wanted, so she had it altered-poorly.

I know the other girls chose the modest options although most of them look like they didn't bother with fittings  or alterations.  The bodices on some of those dresses do not fit properly.

Part of the color mismatch is due to the fact that the dresses are a different fabric than the vests and are not shiny.  Even using the exact same dye, different fabrics will take the dye differently and that can result in a suboptimal matching of shades.  Either get the vests and the dresses in the same fabric or don't try to match them.  One or the other.

My apologies. I did misunderstood you! I agree the dresses were not fitted properly, and JillyR just had to show everybody how modest she is! And I did not think about the colors and fabric. I just think the mismatched greens all around made me a little stabby.

• LOL 1
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

My apologies. I did misunderstood you! I agree the dresses were not fitted properly, and JillyR just had to show everybody how modest she is! And I did not think about the colors and fabric. I just think the mismatched greens all around made me a little stabby.

No problem.  Of course, they could've figured out the color issue had any of them thought to ask for fabric swatches in the planned colors before ordering dresses and vests.  Or, had they simply ordered black or dove gray vests for the men which would've looked a lot better than matchy matchy stuff anyway, IMO.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

In the picture where they're holding their bouquets down you can see that minty color around her neckline as well. My guess is Jill made her wear a shirt underneath her dress because Godly modesty...

Then it should have been white. That minty green just clashes with the bridesmaid's dresses... ::shudder::

1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

No problem.  Of course, they could've figured out the color issue had any of them thought to ask for fabric swatches in the planned colors before ordering dresses and vests.  Or, had they simply ordered black or dove gray vests for the men which would've looked a lot better than matchy matchy stuff anyway, IMO.

True. I think all the different shades of green made me hide under the furniture. They tried (and failed miserably) to match different shades of green.

• Love 3
(edited)

I can't believe the Rods shelled out real money for clothing. Over three hundred dollars for the Not-Nuries, Jill, and the boys' vests. I doubt she could grift from Bridemaids.com .

Jill probably "fixed" her dress herself with a safety pin. Easy and free, if not quite successful.  Alterations cost money. 

Edited by BradandJanet
wrong store
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I can't believe the Rods shelled out real money for clothing. Over three hundred dollars for the Not-Nuries, Jill, and the boys' vests. I doubt she could grift from Bridemaids.com .

Jill probably "fixed" her dress herself with a safety pin. Easy and free, if not quite successful.  Alterations cost money. 

It's possible,maybe probable,Jill grifted the money for the clothing.I'm sure they got a good size stimulus check,but knowing Jill,I bet she managed to grift most, if not all, of the wedding costs

• Love 2

Is that Tessie in the red shirt and blue skirt?  She is going to be a stunner.  Too bad in about 6 months she'll be unrecognizable under a trowel full of cheap foundation, blood-red lipstick and an Aqua-Net hairdo.

• Love 5

Because I have no life, I researched the dress company. ColorsBridesMaids.com.  It's a mail order company based in China with a business office in New York. The customer picks out the style and color and sends measurements or requests a standard size. The prices are good, but the reviews aren't great. Complaints are mainly about fabric quality, color matching, fit, and delivery time. There's no quick recourse if something goes wrong. Any alterations have to be done locally because what you get is what you get. 

• Useful 7
31 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I can't believe they weren't asked to leave. Nail glue is not a pleasant odor to have around food. 

Not to mention the nail clippers I see.  All I want when I'm dining out is for some random clipped nail to fly into my food.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
41 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I can't believe they weren't asked to leave. Nail glue is not a pleasant odor to have around food. 

I find it weird that they went to a coffee shop to do their own nails as wedding prep.  Sheesh, either stay home if you're going to self-pamper, or splurge and go to a nail salon.  A basic manicure can't be more than $20-$25, at least in my neck of the woods.

I'm trying so hard not to judge because they're not me, they have different sensibilities, incomes, etc.  But I can't help myself.  Ugh.

I think Nurie looked beautiful on her wedding day.  But the overall wedding?  Tacky as all get out.  The dresses, the groom's suit, the ugly cakes, the ugly bouquets.  

And oh my gosh why must Jill be involved in EVERY. DANG. THING???  And you just know she dominated every conversation at their little wedding prep thingy.  

Besides the Duggars, are most fundy weddings this low-brow and low-rent?

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

Not to mention the nail clippers I see.  All I want when I'm dining out is for some random clipped nail to fly into my food.

Okay, I didn't see the clippers. I'm completely skeeved out.

• Love 8

The only reason, to me at least, Nurie looked pretty on her wedding day was because she looked truly happy and had an authentic smile on her face. Otherwise, ugh. Her bangs just drooping in the front like that, along with her outdated makeup and ill-fitting dress just made me literally cringe. I'll echo the sentiments of others though: as long as she and her husband love and respect each other, then that's more important than just the one wedding day. I truly wish her the best.

• Love 21

Nuri had the fundie version of Princess Leia hair buns. Beyond that, her smile reached her eyes and that is all I will really remember. Maybe the fundie buns as well but it amuses me!

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Maybe this is old news, but did you all know that Nurie has an Etsy shop?  I did not.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/glitshandmadejewelry

Kind of gaudy looking and very 80s. 

6 minutes ago, Punkadoo said:

Nuri had the fundie version of Princess Leia hair buns. Beyond that, her smile reached her eyes and that is all I will really remember. Maybe the fundie buns as well but it amuses me!

Yes it did. I hope it stays that way. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, sugarplum said:

I could be wrong, but I don’t think this is the source. The “base” dress looks totally different than David’s Bridals options. 🤷‍♀️

Yep. My bad. This makes it worse, actually. ColorBridesMaids.com sells dresses like that - mismatched lace, awkward designs. It's not just crappy homemade alterations. I'm still puzzled by the difference in Jill's sleeves and the dress on the site, though.  

• Love 1