Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

16 minutes ago, Zella said:

Jill really is like the fundie version of Mrs. Bennett. 

Well, she DOES have 9 daughters to marry off. Hopefully, to men wealthier than the Rods.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

Mrs. Bennet is a paragon of virtue next to Jill. Although vulgar, Mrs. Bennet was anxious to get her daughters well married which was absolutely critical for them to have any independence in regency society. Mr. Bennet, as pleasantly quirky as he could be, was actually very neglectful of his daughters. That being said, I agree the resemblance is striking. 

ETA: I have spent considerable time rereading Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer to survive lockdown. Basically, I’ve been wallowing in the Regency. I have feelings. 😁

I've honestly not read any Jane Austen in years so the main thing I remember about her was the never-ending quest to find suitors, but I totally get wallowing in literature during lockdown. 🙂 

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4

David Waller is a good man for them to know so they can meet single fundies. He's very well connected and he even has two single brothers. His brothers are older than the Rod girls, but it might not be a big age difference to matter. (It's about 8/9 years age difference for the oldest single Waller and the oldest Rod girls and 3/4 years difference for the younger single Waller and the oldest Rod girls). But David would also know a great many fundies beyond his brothers. 

I don't see Mr. Bennet as negligent. He wants the girls to marry, but only if they like their chosen partner. Mrs. Bennet isn't the worst, but she's still a overbearing, pushy mother. 

• Like 4

Whoohoo, thank you thank you, dear Pecan thief, for crossing over to the dark side, siding up with the snarkers. I don't think I'd have been able to sleep last night if I hadn't had my fill of some photos at least.

So...the dress. Just as tacky as I thought, the puff sleeves, the shiny sateen polyester skirt. Nathan's pimp off colour suit that doesn't match. The flowers.....

Having said that, I do hope he'll treat her well, that his family will show her how to dress, apply make up, cook nutricious meals, etc.

I cannot imagine going from "never been alone, ever" to "let's shag and produce children" just like that. He'll be in for a surprise when he sees her without the 3 pounds of make up. She hasn't ever been alone, either with him or at all. It's all fun and games on her wedding day, but waking up to reality? Having to cook, clean, do laundry, be joyfully available (I doubt she'll be able to get pregnant, way too malnourished), be alone for he seems to actually work, that must be soul crushing, at least at the beginning.  How will she cope?

Are they going to have a public instagram, I wonder? Neither really seems the fame whoring type. I'm sure that Pampa Mama will post longwinded stories of how she misses dear Nurie

• Like 18

Apparently, Jilly unfollowed Joe and Kendra AND Anna as per reddit.

This is pure gold and oh, it gives me so much joy. Don't judge - it's been a hellish few months. Seems that things are coming home to roost for that bitch at last. Nobody likes you Jill! Feed your poor starving children!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 8

Why is Jill wearing what also looks like a wedding dress? (Rhetorical question, of course, since it's Jill and she has got to attract at least as much attention to herself as the bride.)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Zella said:

Jill really is like the fundie version of Mrs. Bennett. 

She's like Mrs. Bennett, Mr. Collins and Lady Catherine de Bourgh all rolled into one. .... Aaaaaa, heck, throw in Sir Walter Elliott, Mr. and Mrs. Elton and Fanny Dashwood, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 13

Eep looks like the "designer" who mucked up J'chelle's MOB dress attacked Jill's dress and stuffed fabric on top of the "inappropriate" neckline of her dress.

These woman just bring attention to themselves when they alter clothing to make it supposedly more modest. Note to Jilly- that's ugly not modest.

• Like 9

Jill only follows 8 people on Instagram. Not 1 Duggar.

D5B6811E-FEF4-457E-8151-F390ABF23F6B.jpeg

1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

This is pure gold and oh, it gives me so much joy. Don't judge - it's been a hellish few months. Seems that things are coming home to roost for that bitch at last. Nobody likes you Jill! Feed your poor starving children!

Didn’t attend or send gifts?

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

1 hour ago, MunichNark said:

I don’t get it, what could Joe and Kendra possibly have done to Jill Rod. Curious about the backstory on Anna. And why now. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 2

13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Phillip's birthday. One picture of him, 3 of the cake and a picture of Jill and Nurie. Yup, Happy Birthday Nathan!

And happy birthday ... three days after the fact, Phillip. 

I wonder who paid for all the spray tans Jill, Nurie, and Nathan got for the wedding.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Until the wedding, Jill wasn’t following David Waller, now  she is.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 13
  • Surprise 2

34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Phillip's birthday. One picture of him, 3 of the cake and a picture of Jill and Nurie. Yup, Happy Birthday Phillip!

Yep. Of course, I'm sure the Rodrigui have all fully understood, long before now, their relative importance in the scheme of things. 

In his own picture, the poor child looks like a somewhat damaged, underfed 70-year-old man, too. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 3
  • Sad 9

Jill's dress is quite unfortunate. Whatever she did to the neckline didn't work, and all that pleating and the lace stuff on the shoulders add bulk. Also, why is her bouquet bigger than Nurie's? 

Jill really went wild with the fake tan and the blond highlights. Yikes. She's the same color as David, but he doesn't have streaks on his neck. 

Nurie's dress is outdated, but she looks pretty and she outshines her mother, which she should.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's dress is quite unfortunate. Whatever she did to the neckline didn't work, and all that pleating and the lace stuff on the shoulders add bulk. Also, why is her bouquet bigger than Nurie's? 

Jill really went wild with the fake tan and the blond highlights. Yikes. She's the same color as David, but he doesn't have streaks on his neck. 

Nurie's dress is outdated, but she looks pretty and she outshines her mother, which she should.

It looks like JillR tried really hard to have her dress be very much like Nurie's, only in green. You have all been so generous in your opinions of Nurie's dress. I'll just say she looks very happy.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 9

Not an fan of the dress either. It looks dated and doesn’t fit properly. These fundies seems to have something against styling their hair in an updo. It would look so much better if her hair had been up since the dress was more formal.

it also looks like Mama may have been the maid of honor or a bridesmaid.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures:

Looks like Jilly and David spent some coin on outfitting the kitchen.  Not my taste but where do they get it???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

39DE9DF3-DE88-46DB-AD91-F25A8280EABC.jpeg

This is the first picture where Nurie looks happier than Jill .  Awaiting Jill's obituary for  an alive Nurie . 

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Those bouquets would be much prettier if the purple wasn't so bright.

And if the purple things actually looked like some flower that exists in nature. What's with those tiny white rosebuds set as centers of the other purple petals in Nurie's bouquet?

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And if the purple things actually looked like some flower that exists in nature. What's with those tiny white rosebuds set as centers of the other purple petals in Nurie's bouquet?

Dollar Store and a hot-glue gun.

• Laugh 15

50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think Nurie looked nice, probably because her smiles seemed genuine.

I agree. She seems very happy. And while I'm not a fan of her dress, it was better than I expected and suited her.

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill only follows 8 people on Instagram. Not 1 Duggar.

D5B6811E-FEF4-457E-8151-F390ABF23F6B.jpeg

Didn’t attend or send gifts?

The whole instagram thing makes me wonder if some who were invited didn't show. I guess Anna was there but maybe she gave Jill the cold shoulder? Or maybe she came with her parents and left the precious Josh Duggar at home?

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

I don't know about Jill's "unfollowing," but I know personality disordered people will turn on a dime. The minute they perceive a slight, they will dump the "offender." They usually come back (and back, and back) when they need something, but the pattern repeats. Jill likes the Dingii because they are very generous and give her stuff. If they stop doing that, her "follow" list will drop dramatically. 

18 minutes ago, SMama said:

Anna can be a smug bitch, even after the scandals. She has this air of superiority that rubs me the wrong way.

Jill's a smug bitch too, so this could be an interesting situation. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't know about Jill's "unfollowing," but I know personality disordered people will turn on a dime. The minute they perceive a slight, they will dump the "offender." They usually come back (and back, and back) when they need something, but the pattern repeats. Jill likes the Dingii because they are very generous and give her stuff. If they stop doing that, her "follow" list will drop dramatically. 

You are right about those two. I wonder what slight, real or imagined triggered the alleged unfollow. I’m curious if any of Anna’s kids were in the wedding party, or if they were asked and she declined.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It could be a smug off! Or a bitch off. 😉

My next prediction is that just as Tim immediately started to gain weight and look like a normal person once he left the house, Nurie will also rapidly fill out to normal proportions with any diet that is not her mother's. But Jill will still insist that she feeds her kids because she's a lying cunt.

Edited by Zella
  • Like 18
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 4

58 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

What are those purple things, anyway? They make me think of the way poppies might look if you gazed at 'em after dropping some acid along with your opium....

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What are those purple things, anyway? They make me think of the way poppies might look if you gazed at 'em after dropping some acid along with your opium....

Maybe they are ranunculus with the centers removed?  Or else the bouquets are made of silk flowers, and, as mentioned upthread, someone had a party with a hot glue gun.

Jill's dress looks silly with the modesty panel.  The eye makeup makes her look like a demented raccoon.

The second birthday photo of Phillip cuts him off just above his chin.  But the cake is in full view.  🙄

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe they are ranunculus with the centers removed?  Or else the bouquets are made of silk flowers, and, as mentioned upthread, someone had a party with a hot glue gun.

Jill's dress looks silly with the modesty panel.  The eye makeup makes her look like a demented raccoon.

The second birthday photo of Phillip cuts him off just above his chin.  But the cake is in full view.  🙄

The post is really the wedding shot of Jill and Nurie and 3 pictures of a cake. Philip's head happened to be in one. Poor Philip.

• Laugh 3
  • Sad 8

I don't do any social media so all I know about Duggar SM posts is what I see here, but to me it's telling that Anna apparently hasn't posted a family pic or pics of the girls' elaborate hair and outfits like she did previously, noting that they were going to a "summer wedding".  That's the biggest reason I wonder if she was there.  On the other hand, would she do that (not attend) to her brother?

Edited by not you again
  • Like 11

Esther was spotted with some of her kids. Maybe Anna attended sans children or husband. That would be enough to royally piss off Jill. 

• Useful 8

I'm really curious about what in the world Joe and Kendra did to merit an unfollow. Were they too nice to tell Jill "fuck no" to an invite, despite no intentions of attending, and Jill internalized their non-answer as them RSVPing? I have no clue. 

• Like 10

Maybe Anna noped out and used the pandemic as the reason. Which actually would make all kinds of sense, so probably not.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

And as a surprise to absolutely no one, both Jill and David walked Nurie down the aisle (according to a poster on FJ that saw a pic) 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 7

4 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

And as a surprise to absolutely no one, both Jill and David walked Nurie down the aisle (according to a poster on FJ that saw a pic) 🤦🏼‍♀️

Of course, the MOTHER OF THE BRIDE MARRYING ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER (sorry, I got carried away with excitement) will have to be as visible as possible. That's the whole point of the big wedding Jill planned. 

These Reddit and FJ people need to get their photos over here too. We need to see. 

• Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Surprised Jilly is following Rebekah though, of all Kellers, considering that Rebekah was one of the ones who left the fold.

• Like 6
  • Surprise 1

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

How would you know churchhoney? Hmm.

• Laugh 15

Rebekah's husband is well to do.  She probably sent one of the best gifts.  This is Jill after all - out for the grift.

• Like 10
  • Useful 4
  • Sad 1

So you can buy Jill R as a social-media follower. If she cost one stale bread crumb, though, the price'd be too steep.

Can't imagine who'd actually want her observing all their business and commenting on it.....or at least can't imagine anybody who'd observed her for a while actually wanting that. 

It's a good reason not to give anything to Rodrigui. 

• Like 6

Typical narcissist, I suppose--Jill expects to have lots of followers but can't be bothered to follow other people.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You know, this is a fairly diverse group of people with differing points of view on many topics. Yet we find ourselves remarkably united in SEVER(E)LY disliking Jill Rodrigues. 

Wonder what that could mean.....😁

We are SEVERELY sane and care more about her kids than she does.

• Like 22

2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I like that both parents walk their daughters down the aisle. Why does it always has to be the father? I would have no problem if only the mother walk their child down the aisle. It could even be another relative or a friend.

• Like 16