Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill's dress is quite unfortunate. Whatever she did to the neckline didn't work, and all that pleating and the lace stuff on the shoulders add bulk. Also, why is her bouquet bigger than Nurie's? 

Jill really went wild with the fake tan and the blond highlights. Yikes. She's the same color as David, but he doesn't have streaks on his neck. 

Nurie's dress is outdated, but she looks pretty and she outshines her mother, which she should.

It looks like JillR tried really hard to have her dress be very much like Nurie's, only in green. You have all been so generous in your opinions of Nurie's dress. I'll just say she looks very happy.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
(edited)

Not an fan of the dress either. It looks dated and doesn’t fit properly. These fundies seems to have something against styling their hair in an updo. It would look so much better if her hair had been up since the dress was more formal.

it also looks like Mama may have been the maid of honor or a bridesmaid.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Those bouquets would be much prettier if the purple wasn't so bright.

And if the purple things actually looked like some flower that exists in nature. What's with those tiny white rosebuds set as centers of the other purple petals in Nurie's bouquet?

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

And if the purple things actually looked like some flower that exists in nature. What's with those tiny white rosebuds set as centers of the other purple petals in Nurie's bouquet?

Dollar Store and a hot-glue gun.

• LOL 15
50 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I think Nurie looked nice, probably because her smiles seemed genuine.

I agree. She seems very happy. And while I'm not a fan of her dress, it was better than I expected and suited her.

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill only follows 8 people on Instagram. Not 1 Duggar.

D5B6811E-FEF4-457E-8151-F390ABF23F6B.jpeg

Didn’t attend or send gifts?

The whole instagram thing makes me wonder if some who were invited didn't show. I guess Anna was there but maybe she gave Jill the cold shoulder? Or maybe she came with her parents and left the precious Josh Duggar at home?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I don't know about Jill's "unfollowing," but I know personality disordered people will turn on a dime. The minute they perceive a slight, they will dump the "offender." They usually come back (and back, and back) when they need something, but the pattern repeats. Jill likes the Dingii because they are very generous and give her stuff. If they stop doing that, her "follow" list will drop dramatically. 

18 minutes ago, SMama said:

Anna can be a smug bitch, even after the scandals. She has this air of superiority that rubs me the wrong way.

Jill's a smug bitch too, so this could be an interesting situation. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't know about Jill's "unfollowing," but I know personality disordered people will turn on a dime. The minute they perceive a slight, they will dump the "offender." They usually come back (and back, and back) when they need something, but the pattern repeats. Jill likes the Dingii because they are very generous and give her stuff. If they stop doing that, her "follow" list will drop dramatically. 

You are right about those two. I wonder what slight, real or imagined triggered the alleged unfollow. I’m curious if any of Anna’s kids were in the wedding party, or if they were asked and she declined.  

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It could be a smug off! Or a bitch off. 😉

My next prediction is that just as Tim immediately started to gain weight and look like a normal person once he left the house, Nurie will also rapidly fill out to normal proportions with any diet that is not her mother's. But Jill will still insist that she feeds her kids because she's a lying c***.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18
58 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

What are those purple things, anyway? They make me think of the way poppies might look if you gazed at 'em after dropping some acid along with your opium....

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

What are those purple things, anyway? They make me think of the way poppies might look if you gazed at 'em after dropping some acid along with your opium....

Maybe they are ranunculus with the centers removed?  Or else the bouquets are made of silk flowers, and, as mentioned upthread, someone had a party with a hot glue gun.

Jill's dress looks silly with the modesty panel.  The eye makeup makes her look like a demented raccoon.

The second birthday photo of Phillip cuts him off just above his chin.  But the cake is in full view.  🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe they are ranunculus with the centers removed?  Or else the bouquets are made of silk flowers, and, as mentioned upthread, someone had a party with a hot glue gun.

Jill's dress looks silly with the modesty panel.  The eye makeup makes her look like a demented raccoon.

The second birthday photo of Phillip cuts him off just above his chin.  But the cake is in full view.  🙄

The post is really the wedding shot of Jill and Nurie and 3 pictures of a cake. Philip's head happened to be in one. Poor Philip.

• LOL 3

I'm really curious about what in the world Joe and Kendra did to merit an unfollow. Were they too nice to tell Jill "fuck no" to an invite, despite no intentions of attending, and Jill internalized their non-answer as them RSVPing? I have no clue. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

And as a surprise to absolutely no one, both Jill and David walked Nurie down the aisle (according to a poster on FJ that saw a pic) 🤦🏼‍♀️

Of course, the MOTHER OF THE BRIDE MARRYING ANNA DUGGAR'S BROTHER (sorry, I got carried away with excitement) will have to be as visible as possible. That's the whole point of the big wedding Jill planned. 

These Reddit and FJ people need to get their photos over here too. We need to see. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

How would you know churchhoney? Hmm.

• LOL 15

So you can buy Jill R as a social-media follower. If she cost one stale bread crumb, though, the price'd be too steep.

Can't imagine who'd actually want her observing all their business and commenting on it.....or at least can't imagine anybody who'd observed her for a while actually wanting that. 

It's a good reason not to give anything to Rodrigui. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

You know, this is a fairly diverse group of people with differing points of view on many topics. Yet we find ourselves remarkably united in SEVER(E)LY disliking Jill Rodrigues. 

Wonder what that could mean.....😁

We are SEVERELY sane and care more about her kids than she does.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

And as a surprise to absolutely no one, both Jill and David walked Nurie down the aisle (according to a poster on FJ that saw a pic) 🤦🏼‍♀️

I like that both parents walk their daughters down the aisle. Why does it always has to be the father? I would have no problem if only the mother walk their child down the aisle. It could even be another relative or a friend.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Surprised Jilly is following Rebekah though, of all Kellers, considering that Rebekah was one of the ones who left the fold.

Rebekah's husband is Daddy Warbucks. Grifters always follow the money.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I’m pretty sure the girls have eating disorders and will be eating nothing but plexus. 

I think some of the Rod boys do as well. they have stopped mentioning the kids fasting. but timothy for sure gave up food/fasted quite often

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I like that both parents walk their daughters down the aisle. Why does it always has to be the father? I would have no problem if only the mother walk their child down the aisle. It could even be another relative or a friend.

I wouldn't think twice about it with anyone else, but Jill has been such an attentionwhore--and in light of their ingrained misogynistic beliefs about women and the fact she neglects her children and doesn't give a shit about them--I cannot fathom her doing that for any reason other than to ensure her ass is getting attention. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm really curious about what in the world Joe and Kendra did to merit an unfollow. Were they too nice to tell Jill "fuck no" to an invite, despite no intentions of attending, and Jill internalized their non-answer as them RSVPing? I have no clue. 

If they forgot to send a gift,that'd do it.Anna,too

• Love 3

The tradition of the father walking the bride down the aisle reflects the Biblical doctrine of the father being the head of the family. As the head, he is giving his daughter to her new headship, her husband.

It's perfectly understandable that Jill would walk Nurie down the aisle. We all know that she is the true head of that family, not David.

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Anna put up a nice picture of the newyweds and said "congrats" N&N on her Instagram stories.  I tried to go back and snag the pic but can't get in now.

Her brother's wedding pic will disappear off her IG page in 24 hours. Maybe to avoid the JRod snark?

• Love 1

That's really a purple cake. People are going to have purple lips and tongues for quite a while. Fun times. I'm glad she got what she wanted but really, most girls move beyond the dark purple preference, I had a room that color when was 8 but you do you, Nurie.

• Love 10
(edited)

Wow. As someone who gets queasy looking at food that is wildly artificial, I couldn’t eat that frosting at gunpoint. I wonder how many people were there...per usual, it looks like way too little food was provided.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 11

It looks like maybe Anna (her hair anyway) and a Mboy next to Josh as he's taking the picture.

What up with Mr Rod's tie? They couldn't find a tie and pocket square to match the rest of the wedding party?

And not a mask in sight. Health regulations don't apply to them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, beagletime said:

Nurie looks pretty in her dress.  The wedding party looks nice.   All the clothing could fit better.  For a low cost wedding it's really not too bad.  The cakes are nice and I even like the bouquet.  None of it would be my choice, but if Nurie is happy that's all that matters.  I wish them the best and will be positive for Nurie.  There is some hope as the Kellers seem to still be close to the daughters who have left the fold.  Maybe Nurie will be exposed to a different way of thinking.  My advice for Nathan and Nurie is do not give Jill your address.  Set boundaries! 

The Kellers also have a son Daniel, who left the fold. I agree for a low cost wedding, it looks good. I think having a bunch smaller cakes is probably easier on the budget and still looks nice. I'm sure one of them became Phllip's birthday cake. 

I actually like Jill's dress. It probably would look better tailored and altered. I was worried she'd actually wear a wedding dress.  I also like both parents walking their daughter down the aisle. In general, I hate that it's often still called "giving away the bride." 

I think that's Anna's hair next to Josh. Since Josh was there, Anna probably was too. 

• Love 8

Nurie was always going to have a 90’s wedding cause that’s all she knows from Jill. It’s not like she has internet access to look at websites or browse Pinterest getting ideas. Her dress, flowers, and decor look like mine did. Only, I was married in 1995. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14