Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
sweet201

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other TLC Families Thread)

8 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The local Cracker Barrel? The GOOD Olive Garden? 

The mall food court?

• Like 1
  • Laugh 12

The main idea was just picking names we liked. 😃
John found the name Axton and we both loved it. We had never heard of anyone with that name before.
With Elliot, my brother Denver's middle name is Elliot. We also greatly admire the faith of the missionary Jim Elliot. Ultimately, John and I both loved the name, so Elliot it was. =)"

No, no really it’s an SUV not a name right? 

5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I like Denver as a name. Two of his brothers have a brother-in-law named Carver Bowers. Carver is in honor some Christian guy, but it's unfortunate name imo. 

George Washington Carver? Because they’re into science? They like peanut butter? They’re into black dudes that had a lot of gay sex?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, they're probably having the rehearsal dinner right about now. I'd love to know where they ended up having it? That coffee shop that has the back room where Nurie had her shower? The local Cracker Barrel? The GOOD Olive Garden? 

Wherever Dingus are paying for the meal. Or Nathan is paying.

• Like 4

Groom's family traditionally pays for the rehearsal dinner.

• Like 1

Since the family of the groom usually hosts the rehearsal dinner, I’m thinking that it could be a potluck at the church, unless the Keller’s opted for a restaurant. 
Either way, the Rods are getting FREE FOOD! 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

On 7/23/2020 at 7:57 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Word on the street is that it will be on YouTube.

Do we have an approximate time? I am embarrassed to say I want to watch in real time if possible.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 4

3 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

Do we have an approximate time? I am embarrassed to say I want to watch in real time if possible.

I suspected that it would be after lunch since we all know that the Rods will be hard pressed to even serve cake and punch. 

• Like 6
  • Laugh 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Groom's family traditionally pays for the rehearsal dinner.

In that case I wouldn't be surprised if the rehearsal dinner is relatively more elaborate than the reception after the wedding (unless Jill managed to grift that).

• Like 7

2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

No, no really it’s an SUV not a name right? 

George Washington Carver? Because they’re into science? They like peanut butter? They’re into black dudes that had a lot of gay sex?

As I've said I've heard of other boys named Denver including one I went to school with. 

Carver is apparently after William Owen Carver, Christian missionary. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Like 1

Nurie's last night squished in the tacky, fire-trap girls' dorm. So much unoccupied space is going to freak her out. 

I wish her and Nathan well. I hope they don't get sick and Jill doesn't manage to make the whole day about her favorite person in the world, Jill. 

• Like 18

I keep imagining Nathan walking around all day humming Rod Stewart:

Tonight's the night
It's gonna be alright
'Cause I love you girl
Ain't nobody gonna stop us now

• Like 1
  • Laugh 19

3 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

I keep imagining Nathan walking around all day humming Rod Stewart:

Tonight's the night
It's gonna be alright
'Cause I love you girl
Ain't nobody gonna stop us now

Now I needdownload.jpeg.jpg.f6b7a063fee2e52dc20ade18495bf1ab.jpg

• Laugh 7

12 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Me too !!!

I’m embarrassed to admit that I woke up thinking about Nurie’s wedding.  I have NO LIFE, obviously.  I hope for Nurie’s sake that today goes well.   Does anyone know what time the nuptials begin?

• Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Happy wedding day Nurie! Can't wait to see what your PimpMomma has planned. I'm sure it's truly fabulous aka tacky as hell!

And happy intimate touching day to Nathan. Don't screw it up!  

** Edited to say I really hope that Nurie gets the wedding SHE wanted not what her famewhore mother cooked up for her. These poor kids have suffered enough. May she go on to set up her own life and prosper.  

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Like 15
  • Laugh 3

David Rodrigues also has an eponymous YouTube channel. It has not been updated in a year or so, but another place to check for a wedding livestream. 

There is also a 3-part video series "The Amy Foster Story" and a fourth video about Amy and Kevin's courtship made in honor of their 11th anniversary.

Guys, I'm not prepared. Although I do have a casual summer dress and can throw a sweater on to be more modest, I don't have any punch or mints in the house. And what about birdseed or bubbles? I have nothing to celebrate the newlyweds as they walk to their car. 

I guess I could drink a beer and eat grapes and cheese and then yell woohoo, woohoo, as they leave.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Laugh 20

Lads! The Nurptials are finally here! I'm far more invested in this than I should be. I blame corona. And being at home for 4 months now (I think).

I did think if I should dress up in honour of it, seeing as I don't own green eyeliner or cheap mascara, but I could dress up in layers, although I only own sluttish trousers and no dress or skirts. (I KNOW!!)

There is no hummingbird juice in my fridge (what IS that even?), but I have some wee creamy cakes that I could snaffe instead.

Google says the time in Ohio is 6 hours behind me, I'm imagening the nurptials to be around early afternoon, no? I.can't.wait.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 8

6 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

There is no hummingbird juice in my fridge (what IS that even?)...

Sugar water and red food coloring, usually. 

• Like 3

Dare I ask why you would buy such a things? I know Shrek's fairly indiscriminate in what he wolfs down, but......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MunichNark said:

Dare I ask why you would buy such a things? I know Shrek's fairly indiscriminate in what he wolfs down, but......

He drank it by accident 

• Laugh 4

14 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Since the family of the groom usually hosts the rehearsal dinner, I’m thinking that it could be a potluck at the church, unless the Keller’s opted for a restaurant. 
Either way, the Rods are getting FREE FOOD! 

Honestly, seeing those malnourished children makes me so damn angry these days. The little one - Sofia? - looks like a fucking concentration camp victim. It's horrible.

• Sad 12

It's for putting into hummingbird feeders.

Though experts recommend just using sugar and water without the red coloring.

Mr. Jill is evidently stupid and can't read.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 2

1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

It's for putting into hummingbird feeders.

Though experts recommend just using sugar and water without the red coloring.

Mr. Jill is evidently stupid and can't read.

Mr Jill always looks like the lights are on, somewhat, but nobody has been home for quite some time.

I'll see myself out.....

• Like 3
  • Laugh 6

2 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

Because mixing a cup of sugar with 4 cups of water and a couple of drops of red food coloring is too much math for the Rods.*

*I know the red food coloring is not recommending but I can't see the Rods omitting it.

• Laugh 4

Just now, galaxychaser said:

03097F9D-24DD-4869-AAEE-7C8EEEDCB5A3.jpeg

Thanks. That image might well stay with me tonight🥶

• Laugh 4

Well it subs in well for actual juice so maybe the kids won't notice. And Mr. Jill sure won't notice. See above: stupid.

• Laugh 5

11:34 a.m. EDT

Nuire is busy losing the last two ounces of fat before she gets into her dress.

The Kellers are trying to keep horny Nathan as distracted as possible.

Jill is busy filling outside tables with tiny frosted cupcakes so they can sit in the sun as long as possible.

David is fixing a leak in the barndominium plumbing.

SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC Amy is stuck trying to turn her wheelchair around among the intrusive decorations in the the barndo entry way. 

The Dingii are looking at their bank account nervously wondering how many cows they're going to have to sell to finance this wedding. 

Anna Duggar is still trying to decide if she can really go through with this. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 15

I am so LOOKING forward to SEEING the tackiest WEDDING of 2020

NURTHAN 2020-4eva 

Will ANNA DUGGAR be there? Jill practically peeing herself in excitement 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Triple P said:

David Rodrigues also has an eponymous YouTube channel. It has not been updated in a year or so, but another place to check for a wedding livestream. 

There is also a 3-part video series "The Amy Foster Story" and a fourth video about Amy and Kevin's courtship made in honor of their 11th anniversary.

Timothy also has a YouTube channel, I think. His singing video was on it if I remember correctly

• Like 1

Just now, crazy8s said:

Timothy also has a YouTube channel, I think. His singing video was on it if I remember correctly

"singing" is being extremely generous.

Can we take bets on what we think the nurptials will look like?

Seriously though, I hope that child will have a nice day, HER day, without the narcisstic bitch that is her Mother buggering it up for her.

2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I am so LOOKING forward to SEEING the tackiest WEDDING of 2020

NURTHAN 2020-4eva 

Will ANNA DUGGAR be there? Jill practically peeing herself in excitement 

Jill will be Mrs Anna Duggar's BROTHER's Mother in Law. Or something

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

5 minutes ago, MunichNark said:

ill will be Mrs Anna Duggar's BROTHER's Mother in Law. Or something

Or something is right. 

Not quite sure what she is.

• Laugh 3

I’m imagining the wedding from Steel Magnolias, but instead of blush and bashful it will be purple EVERYWHERE. I will be SEVERELY disappointed if it isn’!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 11

19 minutes ago, Kbo said:

I’m imagining the wedding from Steel Magnolias, but instead of blush and bashful it will be purple EVERYWHERE. I will be SEVERELY disappointed if it isn’!

The sanctuary looks like it's been hosed in Dimetapp.

• Laugh 16

Dollar General decor? I am SEVERLY pissed there's no livestream. This is going to be the most shitastic wedding of the 21st century.

• Like 6

We know Jill won't be able to resist putting all the photos or video on her website to show us just how severely happy the couple was.

I want to see Jill all decked out.

• Like 4

Well isn't Dollar General a step up from Dollar Tree?  These store often do have some fairly nice basic decor items.  But with Jill, no matter where she shops it's most definitely going to wind up looking tacky.

• Like 4

While we wait for wedding news - evidently Carlin messed up her new car while they drove it home.  She was getting gas and hit the door on a metal barrier.  

I am sympathetic- she was not used to driving a large vehicle.  I can relate- I always pick smaller cars.  My depth perception is not great.  I tend to overcompensate, so I am constantly  backing up after I pull into parking spots because I am not centered, or the back end of the car is sticking out into the lane.  My car's backup camera has been a real help to me. Never had an accident in a parking lot, although I have scrapes on my wheel covers from turning too close to curbs. 🤦‍♀️

But C & E  are so determined to push their brand as the "lovable wacky couple" that they have to post this stuff.  I would have kept it to myself.

• Like 12

So I'm not YouTube savvy. How does this work? Will there all of a sudden be a live stream video on JillR's channel?

• Like 3

I'm embarrassed how much I've thought about Nurie's wedding today and yesterday. I made alfredo sauce to distract myself this morning, but then I came here to find references to dollar store decor, and oh my God, my Rodrigues withdrawal is real. I need a fix! Pictures, videos, anything. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

18 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So I'm not YouTube savvy. How does this work? Will there all of a sudden be a live stream video on JillR's channel?

If there is to be a livestream, a placeholder for the video would show up first probably a little before the video starts. Usually when a video premieres there is a slight delay and youtube waiting music. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My experience with live streams is limited to true crime press conferences. And they usually announce ahead of time and provide a link you can have pulled up while you wait for it to start. But I wouldn't expect Jill to be that organized or low key about anything. 

Just realized I cross posted with Temperance. 😁

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1

Nothing on her YouTube. This is about the time I figured it would be. 

• Sad 2

Jill has supposedly said it won't be live streamed, but will be on youtube later.

• Like 4

Just now, Absolom said:

Jill has supposedly said it won't be live streamed, but will be on youtube later.

After it’s edited, filtered, auto-tuned and the color commentary added.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 13

Will David wear his signature four-point pocket square? The red one looks like flames coming out of his pocket, but I'm not sure how it will look in purple. 

It's all about the details, as Jill always says. 

• Like 3

I have a feeling Jill is hoping that by not livestreaming or posting pictures, she'll have a chance to make some money from People or Us Weekly. If she doesn't post anything by tonight, that would be why. And when she posts a flood of videos and images on, say, Monday evening, we'll know that the inevitable happened and every tabloid turned her down.

All I want to see is a picture of Anna trying not to look as embarrassed as she feels.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2