Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, laurakaye said:

She was probably thrilled that her birthday present wasn't a bunch of ketchup packets pilfered from McDonalds, or a cupcake with one giant bite taken out of it, or the carcass of a chicken that Shrek had gnawed on earlier in the day, etc.  Poor child has probably never had a brand-new baby doll of her very own.  It breaks my heart.

She’s probably never had a brand-new anything. 💔

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

I saw that article last week and shared it with my husband, who has been a very good sport about staying home.  Pretty much convinced us that staying in our cocoon is the right idea.

I think we are going to stay home. Both my husband and myself have been feeling on and off a bit icky. I think it is mainly sinuses but I don't want to get my friends sick if God forbid it is covid. 

• Love 9

I just canceled what would have been my first haircut appointment since January...and I normally have very short, ignorable hair and have for decades. It’s now down to my collar in the back and I keep thinking something’s crawling on me. But cases are started back up here, too...not worth it. Although I look a lot like a psychotic shih tsu.

Back to Jill...it’s got to be SEVERELY frosting her cookies that Nurie’s wedding might not be the fundie event of the season. She’s going to do this event her way if it kills her...and it might.

Stupid broad.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I just canceled what would have been my first haircut appointment since January...and I normally have very short, ignorable hair and have for decades. It’s now down to my collar in the back and I keep thinking something’s crawling on me. But cases are started back up here, too...not worth it. Although I look a lot like a psychotic shih tsu.

Back to Jill...it’s got to be SEVERELY frosting her cookies that Nurie’s wedding might not be the fundie event of the season. She’s going to do this event her way if it kills her...and it might.

Stupid broad.

Maybe not, but for us it is! lol! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I think the Dingii threw Sophia's birthday party too. That doll is $30 on Amazon, and there's no way Jill and David are going to shell out that for a kid's toy. The Dingii probably did most of Tessa'a mall party too. Jill seems to have latched onto the right people, so she shouldn't try to kill them with Covid-19. 

Jill will probably hold the wedding photos for a few days just to torment us. I know she will eventually have to show herself hugging every member of the Keller family and maybe even the famous Anna Duggar herself. I expect to see some pained-looking faces among those being hugged by the attention-seeking missile that is Jill Rodrigues. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I think the Dingii threw Sophia's birthday party too. That doll is $30 on Amazon, and there's no way Jill and David are going to shell out that for a kid's toy. The Dingii probably did most of Tessa'a mall party too. Jill seems to have latched onto the right people, so she shouldn't try to kill them with Covid-19. 

Jill will probably hold the wedding photos for a few days just to torment us. I know she will eventually have to show herself hugging every member of the Keller family and maybe even the famous Anna Duggar herself. I expect to see some pained-looking faces among those being hugged by the attention-seeking missile that is Jill Rodrigues. 

And don't forget that picture of Jill surrounded by gifts for her birthday. Even if they bought the doll, its one doll. 

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

When's the wedding? And why am I excited?  Is this what my life has come to?

Saturday. And I know what you mean! I think I have been cooped up too long! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

When's the wedding? And why am I excited?  Is this what my life has come to?

11 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Saturday. And I know what you mean! I think I have been cooped up to long! 

I know, right?!

I'm hoping @Sew Sumi or @Temperance can hook us up with a link, if its live.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

There won't be any masks or social distancing wherever the wedding is held.

I'm in Florida too and it's true that so many act like nothing is happening.  I took a rare trip to the Dollar Store last weekend and encountered 2 mask-less older couples debating whether they should disobey the sign on the door requiring masks.  They did.

4 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

There won't be any masks or social distancing wherever the wedding is held.

I'm in Florida too and it's true that so many act like nothing is happening.  I took a rare trip to the Dollar Store last weekend and encountered 2 mask-less older couples debating whether they should disobey the sign on the door requiring masks.  They did.

Ugh! And they are in the high risk category! 

• Love 4

I have no idea about what Steve Maxwell is talking about. 

"No Compromising

"Christians understand that God is watching and sees everything we do (1 Peter 3:12). However, the ungodly are looking too. God watches for good but the ungodly with evil intent. 

There is nothing new in that, but for Daniel, his life was at stake, not merely a bad reputation or being called “hypocrite.” “Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him” (Daniel 6:4). 

When Daniel’s enemies’ first attempt failed, they successfully tricked Darius, the king, into signing a law preventing worship of anyone but Darius. Since obviously Daniel wouldn’t comply, he earned a trip to the lion’s den for dinner. Thankfully we know how that ended. 

How serious are we in following/obeying the Lord? We do what is right because it is right. Compromise and deceit are the ways of the world. 

“The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them” (Proverbs 11:3)."

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I know, right?!

I'm hoping @Sew Sumi or @Temperance can hook us up with a link, if its live.

A redditor who claims to have corresponded with JRod over Instagram* said that Jill said the wedding will not be livestreamed and that registry info was provided to close friends only.

Speculation as to why it will not be livestreamed:

-Haters will figure out where they are and crash the wedding

-Haters will figure out where they are and report the wedding to local authorities if no one is wearing masks.

-If something goes wrong, Jill can't edit it out of the video.

-Jill plans to post the wedding video to YouTube to monetize viewing.

*The post has been removed because it violated the rules of the group.

• Useful 7
  • Love 6

I'm sure that Jill will find a way for Nurie's Transfer Of Authority Day to make her money in the long run. She'll probably post the whole ceremony on their one year anniversary. Like we will care about it by then... We know that Nurie will be knocked up in no time. Also, does JRod think she's Michelle Duggar? Being pregnant at the same time as your daughter is creepy. 

• Love 12
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Triple P said:

A redditor who claims to have corresponded with JRod over Instagram* said that Jill said the wedding will not be livestreamed and that registry info was provided to close friends only.

Speculation as to why it will not be livestreamed:

-Haters will figure out where they are and crash the wedding

-Haters will figure out where they are and report the wedding to local authorities if no one is wearing masks.

-Jill plans to post the wedding video to YouTube to monetize viewing.

*The post has been removed because it violated the rules of the group.

She probably knows we will be snarking on it the whole time... the tacky decorations, the food, her histrionics..... 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 10

I too am horrified at the non mask wearing where I am (metro Atlanta).  Some areas have high compliance but not where I am.  And another thing, while I am at it.  There needs to be more emphasis on wearing the mask correctly (over mouth AND nose) and, not wearing it just to gain entry into a business.  I was in a Costco and saw a woman with the mask under her chin.  She wore it to get in, and then, I guess she thought that was enough.

One more thing.  My cousin's son and DIL had a baby boy yesterday.  They named him Dizzy.  Really. Poor kid. Ranks up there with Spurgeon.

• Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I too am horrified at the non mask wearing where I am (metro Atlanta).  Some areas have high compliance but not where I am.  And another thing, while I am at it.  There needs to be more emphasis on wearing the mask correctly (over mouth AND nose) and, not wearing it just to gain entry into a business.  I was in a Costco and saw a woman with the mask under her chin.  She wore it to get in, and then, I guess she thought that was enough.

One more thing.  My cousin's son and DIL had a baby boy yesterday.  They named him Dizzy.  Really. Poor kid. Ranks up there with Spurgeon.

We went out to eat last weekend and all the staff we saw, besides our server, had their noses out! People, leaving your nose out cancels the whole point of the mask! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

We went out to eat last weekend and all the staff we saw, besides our server, had their noses out! People, leaving your nose out cancels the whole point of the mask! 

Ugh, what is wrong with people.  We have taken to wearing a KN95 mask under the cloth mask because we think the KN95 also protects us.  We are hopeful for the few outings we take.

• Love 9
Just now, lookeyloo said:

Ugh, what is wrong with people.  We have taken to wearing a KN95 mask under the cloth mask because we think the KN95 also protects us.  We are hopeful for the few outings we take.

We decided to stop going out to eat except for two places that we went to and have complete trust in (we saw them taking temps as staff walked in for work). I don't even want to do take out from any other places besides them. There are two other high end places I would probably be feel comfortable with but we only go to those for special occasions. We are going to do more grilling on the weekends. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh and I saw the one server take the tray and tuck it under her chin all the while her nose is just inches from the food! 

11 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

They named him Dizzy.  Really. Poor kid. Ranks up there with Spurgeon.

Well, since Daffy, Goofy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Bashful, and Grumpy were already taken...

Yikes. Hopefully he has an obvious nickname that won’t sound quite so much like they got it off a Double Bubble gum wrapper?

• LOL 10
23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

She probably knows we will be snarking on it the whole time... the tacky decorations, the food, her histrionics..... 

Nah, she lives for that sense of persecution. Besides, attention is attention.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

We decided to stop going out to eat except for two places that we went to and have complete trust in (we saw them taking temps as staff walked in for work). I don't even want to do take out from any other places besides them. There are two other high end places I would probably be feel comfortable with but we only go to those for special occasions. We are going to do more grilling on the weekends. 

I don't trust the temperature taking.  Someone could take tylenol two hours before a shift and not register anything.  Or not run a fever and be contagious.  I go along with it if I have to, like the car dealership for my car's once a year checkup.  But, I just dropped my keys and left the car.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

I don't trust the temperature taking.  Someone could take tylenol two hours before a shift and not register anything.  Or not run a fever and be contagious.  I go along with it if I have to, like the car dealership for my car's once a year checkup.  But, I just dropped my keys and left the car.

mr crazy8s' work has been testing various temperature screening things before they call people back to work. he is one of 6 back at a headquarters building for 800.

this week 2 days his temp was 68, one was 114, one was 87. they aren't bringing anyone else back anytime soon. looking to after next 4th of July now

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

mr crazy8s' work has been testing various temperature screening things before they call people back to work. he is one of 6 back at a headquarters building for 800.

this week 2 days his temp was 68, one was 114, one was 87. they aren't bringing anyone else back anytime soon. looking to after next 4th of July now

Crazy stuff, right?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

I’m shocked Nurthan registry wasn’t public. 

Poor waif will be pregnant in 2 months. Hope their house is big enough to host Mama and the rest of the bunch indefinitely.

I guess Nurie and Nathan are bugging out to Florida as soon as the vows are over which doesn't give Jill enough time to go through the gifts and decide which ones the happy couple will be giving to her.  Otherwise, there would've been a full registry for everything under the sun that Mama might want.  Remember the 'Pamper Mama' baby shower?  Jill made sure the whole world knew her wish list for that.  If she's not grifting the gifts, she doesn't care if anyone knows there is a registry, let alone what might be on it.

As for Nurie getting pregnant, maybe.  Or she could be anovulatory because she's underweight.  I can't imagine Jill's reaction if her beloved daughter doesn't get knocked up tout de suite.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Anna's older sister (the one who lives in Zambia) and a few of her kids are supposedly in the U.S. right now. So assuming they go to the wedding, I would imagine Anna would want to be there to see her, too.

Wow.If Zambia hits high numbers,we'll know why

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Wait, his temp was 114?? Seriously they said that? Were they measuring with a meat thermometer??

hahaha - it was one of those screens you stand in front and it shows your temp. obviously not working in any way. that is at least 1 covid related work thing he is not responsible to sort/fix. he is the facility guy responsible for ordering/shipping hand sanitizer, lysol wipes, masks, gloves, AC filters, those plexiglass partitions, deep cleaning for any location that has a covid related incident, and keeping up with the rules for each state for 160 locations from Connecticut to California. that my friends, is a full time, and exhausting job.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Triple P said:

Ok. Two comments. No way the registry would be restricted to “close friends only.” JillRod is WAY too much of a grifter to keep that private. Second... what would go wrong? Like someone said here before, Nathan is a horny 24 year old male. Nurie apparently has a vagina. There is no way he is not getting in there.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Ok. Two comments. No way the registry would be restricted to “close friends only.” JillRod is WAY too much of a grifter to keep that private. Second... what would go wrong? Like someone said here before, Nathan is a horny 24 year old male. Nurie apparently has a vagina. There is no way he is not getting in there.

My thoughts on what could go wrong, the haters showing up, someone loses their cool and doesn't keep sweet, or sadly, an act of abuse caught on camera. Jill would want to edit the video if she loses control of the situation.

Edited by Triple P
Added a thought
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Triple P said:

My thoughts on what could go wrong, the haters showing up, someone loses their cool and doesn't keep sweet, or sadly, an act of abuse caught on camera. Jill would want to edit the video if she loses control of the situation.

Ahh, good points. I was just thinking if Nathan or the Keller’s bailed. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I NEED to watch this wedding and be able to snark with y’all while doing so. This has literally been keeping me going for months. 

I know! Me too! I have no life anymore...

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Ahh, good points. I was just thinking if Nathan or the Keller’s bailed. 

She’s getting SEVERELY inseminated Saturday. Nothing will stop it.

• LOL 23
  • Love 1

Nurie and Nathan better get out of town right after the wedding. Otherwise, medieval Jill will be checking the sheets for evidence. Better to spend the night in a cheap motel than put up with crazy mama. 

And they better load the car with any wedding gifts worth keeping. Jill is a vulture attracted to shiny objects. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Didn't JillR live stream a child's funeral? A child she didn't know?

Multiple children who died in a house fire. That was an all-time low even for her. 

3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I’m shocked Nurthan registry wasn’t public. 

Poor waif will be pregnant in 2 months. Hope their house is big enough to host Mama and the rest of the bunch indefinitely.

She's going to need more than two months of consistent nutrients to gain the weight that will allow for her cycle to start up again.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I NEED to watch this wedding and be able to snark with y’all while doing so. This has literally been keeping me going for months. 

1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

I know! Me too! I have no life anymore...

I've clung to the hope of the Shitshow Wedding That Was Promised for months! I might have to spend Saturday in SEVERELY mournful seclusion if we are deprived of a livestream. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3