Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

And I know way too much about Peppa Pig.  😉  

i also know way to much about Dude Perfect... because the grandsons are crazy about it...

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

After a SEVERE weather event in my area, the wild life (and humans) were all kinds of confused. Once things settled down a bit and most of the debris was cleared, three different families of geese kept stopping by. My lovely neighbor spent three days in a row waving whatever fabric she could find, in their faces, to rid our neighborhood of geese.

They have never returned.

My brother was just adopted by a pigeon . Last week  the bird  decided that it wants to live with rabbits and chickens . It has rings on the legs so probably has an owner somewhere . 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Where did they get all the money for all those renovations?  I know Shrek did the work, corners were cut, and they didn't exactly use top of the line materials, but it still adds up quickly.  I went to Lowe's yesterday for a few hardware items and it cost me $45.  I can't imagine how much they have spent.  

Who puts a shelf of what looks like figurines next to a stove?  Just think of the grease.  Other than that the kitchen does not look bad.

One of the guests was wearing a Cleveland Indians t-shirt.  I know they are in Ohio, and maybe she is a fan, but knowing Jill and the folks who would tend to be her "friends" I can't help but think she was making a statement.

I am glad thele waif got a party and a couple of presents. litt

The Rods live about an hour out of Cleveland, the Indians are very popular in these parts and virtually everyone I know has an Indians shirt or cap.  I might even have the very same shirt that JRod's  guest is wearing.  Don't judge me,  I don't wear Wahoo anymore, though I have had plenty of items with his face on them since I was a kid, but we love our Tribe up here.  And I will love them just as much when they become the Spiders or whatever their future name will be.  I plan to wear my '2020 World's longest rain delay' tee on Friday for the season opener.

BTW, Ohio's governor, in light of the recent surge in COVID cases, has extended the mask mandate to ALL Ohio counties starting on Thursday, just in time for Nurie's big day on Saturday.  The rule is that everyone indoors in a public space must wear a mask and that, if outdoors and not able to stay at least 6 feet apart at all times, masks are also required.  Any bets on whether Jill is going to be masked?  Or that any of them will even pretend to social distance.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 20
(edited)
5 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Except the poor little waif got a doll meant for a 2 year old...

Yep, a doll that costs 10 bucks at Target and is meant for ages 2 and up.  Well. Jill does complain about her babies growing up too fast.  

However, I must say that I LOVED  baby dolls as a kid and we played house all the time.  I did have a nurse's kit, complete with cap and a cape, that my grandparents gave me for my birthday when I was about 4.  I don't recall playing with it, but there are photos of me in my nurse's gear taking my grandmother's pulse.  My interest in medicine didn't come along until I was 12 or so.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 8
(edited)

jill we be in a quandry. needs publicity, needs to post Nurie marrying anna duggar's brother... but doesn't want the masks because coronavirus is a hoax, they are safe in jesus......what to do?

Edited by crazy8s
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Nothing wrong with a 5 year old and a baby doll, but wouldn't it have been nice for her to get a doctor's play kit or something that she could aspire to when she "grows up"? Nope, its a baby doll because all she can aspire to is to be a wife and mother. 

Agreed and also because being a 5 year old Fundie girl? Of course she's going to get a doll. While a 5 year old girl of normal parents would probably know whether or not their daughter likes dolls or not and if she didn't but liked say dump trucks would get her a dump truck instead. That would never happy to Sofia. She's not allowed to like anything that isn't girly. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The Rods live about an hour out of Cleveland, the Indians are very popular in these parts and I virtually everyone I know has an Indians shirt or cap.  I might even have the very same shirt that JRod's  guest is wearing.  Don't judge me,  I don't wear Wahoo anymore, though I have had plenty of items with his face on them since I was a kid, but we love our Tribe up here.  And I will love them just as much when they become the Spiders or whatever their future name will be.  I plan to wear my '2020 World's longest rain delay' tee on Friday for the season opener.

Oh, no judgement from me.  Fans are fans. I just feel that  if anyone would be highly offended by the team possibly changing their name it would be Jill and her buddies.  And is "Spiders" a possibility? If so, why?

Edited by 3 is enough
3 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The Rods live about an hour out of Cleveland, the Indians are very popular in these parts and I virtually everyone I know has an Indians shirt or cap.  I might even have the very same shirt that JRod's  guest is wearing.  Don't judge me,  I don't wear Wahoo anymore, though I have had plenty of items with his face on them since I was a kid, but we love our Tribe up here.  And I will love them just as much when they become the Spiders or whatever their future name will be.  I plan to wear my '2020 World's longest rain delay' tee on Friday for the season opener.

BTW, Ohio's governor, in light of the recent surge in COVID cases, has extended the mask mandate to ALL Ohio counties starting on Thursday, just in time for Nurie's big day on Saturday.  The rule is that everyone indoors in a public space must wear a mask and that, if outdoors and not able to stay at least 6 feet apart at all times, masks are also required.  Any bets on whether Jill is going to be masked?  Or that any of them will even pretend to social distance.

I just read that Ohio issued a travel advisory which recommends travelers from Florida to Ohio self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. Unless Nathan and family are already in Ohio or the wedding is postponed, this won't be followed.

The advisory covers other states with high coronavirus cases, not just Florida.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Jill's older sister's MIL saw the Kellers at a Cracker Barrel in KY either yesterday or Monday. So, they're probably already in OH.

Edited by Sew Sumi
To clarify which sister
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I just read that Ohio issued a travel advisory which recommends travelers from Florida to Ohio self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. Unless Nathan and family are already in Ohio or the wedding is postponed, this won't be followed.

The advisory covers other states with high coronavirus cases, not just Florida.

I’m sure Jesus will protect them. 🙄

• Love 1
(edited)
14 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Oh, no judgement from me.  Fans are fans. I just feel that  if anyone would be highly offended by the team possibly changing their name it would be Jill and her buddies.  And is "Spiders" a possibility? If so, why?

The original baseball team here in Cleveland in the 1800's was the Spiders.  Reclaiming that name seems to be the most popular option currently.  And, yes, I expect Jill and her pals feel that the name Indians is a compliment to Native Americans and it should never be changed.  Actually, the name was chosen in a contest and the reason it won was because their best and most popular player at the time, Louis Sockalexis, was an Indian.  So, it's not entirely untrue that the name was meant to be complimentary.

As far as the 14 day quarantine, I don't know how that could be enforced, especially if the travelers arrive by car.  How would that work?  Would we set up checkpoints at the border and issue passports?  I know these quarantines are popular now, but, except maybe for air travel; I don't see it working.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 7
  • Love 6
(edited)
59 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

but maybe she just wanted a nice new and clean baby doll. she is actually 5 and no need yet to aspire to be a dr. sad she will not know that is an option for women when she is 8, or 12, or 18

True. At that age I liked my baby dolls but I already had a number of Barbies. That is not a doll she will ever have. Through Barbie, I was able to pretend to be so many things. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

True. At that age I liked my baby dolls but I already had a number of Barbies. That is not a doll she will ever have. Through Barbie, I was able to pretend to be so many things. 

Considering Jill's taste in eye makeup and hairstyle tends to mimic old-school Barbie, you'd think she'd let kids have one and insist the doll be clothed in every piece of clothing she has since that seems to be her style fashion-wise.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Considering Jill's taste in eye makeup and hairstyle tends to mimic old-school Barbie, you'd think she'd let kids have one and insist the doll be clothed in every piece of clothing she has since that seems to be her style fashion-wise.

True story.  My parents had friends who were very conservative when I was growing up.  This was in the 70's.  Their daughter had Barbie dolls, but the mother sewed undergarments on each doll.  I remember being so confused when I saw that.  I couldn't understand why someone would purposely make all of those beautiful outfits fit poorly due to the undergarments.  My mother (who was quite bohemian) found this really strange.  She was quite the fashion plate and she felt like I did.  Undergarments should enhance the clothes not detract.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

The original baseball team here in Cleveland in the 1800's was the Spiders.  Reclaiming that name seems to be the most popular option currently.  And, yes, I expect Jill and her pals feel that the name Indians is a compliment to Native Americans and it should never be changed.  Actually, the name was chosen in a contest and the reason it won was because their best and most popular player at the time, Louis Sockalexis, was an Indian.  So, it's not entirely untrue that the name was meant to be complimentary.

As far as the 14 day quarantine, I don't know how that could be enforced, especially if the travelers arrive by car.  How would that work?  Would we set up checkpoints at the border and issue passports?  I know these quarantines are popular now, but, except maybe for air travel; I don't see it working.

I am surprised that Jill hasn't said anything about the DC football team's name change. I know she and David are fans.

I don't think there is a plan to enforce the self-quarantine in Ohio since it is a recommendation, not a mandate. My dad lives on a small island and so far, the residents who have traveled out of state have self-quarantined upon return. There is no one to enforce it, but they have agreed to do it as a community. The island is accessible only by boat or small plane so I suppose that helps in some way and of course the population is nowhere near the size of Ohio's. 

I didn't know that about how Cleveland picked their mascot. My high school has the same mascot (name not the caricature), which was picked by the student body to honor the school's star athlete. He was a member of the Duwamish.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Nothing wrong with a 5 year old and a baby doll, but wouldn't it have been nice for her to get a doctor's play kit or something that she could aspire to when she "grows up"? Nope, its a baby doll because all she can aspire to is to be a wife and mother. 

Is there a Grifter Barbie? 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1

I'm trying to think of the accessories Grifter Barbie would come with, but she wouldn't have anything with her (besides an RV and a printer press) because your other dolls would have to fork over everything to her to make her stop singing. Maybe the Grifter Rodrigues Barbie would come with a Dingus Midge and a Keller Ken doll. 🙃

This is obviously how I will make my fortune. 😉

• LOL 17
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Nysha said:

She will need a bible, 12 kids from Skipper down to whatever baby Barbies are called, and the menu from the Good Olive Garden.

Do you want to be business partners? We can split the profits 50/50, which is a fairer shake than any poor Rodrigues kid gets when it comes to meals. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
Just now, PradaKitty said:

I keep envisioning Nurie and Nathan having their first kiss with masks on! 😷😷

I would bet good money not a single mask will be in attendance at that wedding, regardless of any state mask mandate. 😞 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Zella said:

I would bet good money not a single mask will be in attendance at that wedding, regardless of any state mask mandate. 😞

It's infuriating is that a good chunk of the attendants are from the current Corona epicenter of the world, Florida, and none of them will be wearing a mask. Good luck Ohio.

5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Quarantining people from out of state seems to be pretty effective where I am (not US). There are checkpoints at the border and you have to provide public health with where you will be quarantining and your cellphone number. They will call to check up on you and there are high fines if you aren't where you're supposed to be. These measures were put in place back in March, and our cases are now very low. 

Back to Sofia, I'm glad she had a normal-looking birthday. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

She will need a bible, 12 kids from Skipper down to whatever baby Barbies are called, and the menu from the Good Olive Garden.

The CORRECT King James bible and a SEVERELY disabled wheelchair bound Skipper and a gaggle of geese 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

I think the quarantine suggestions/requirements are first, a deterrent and second, largely depend on snitches.

I have many family and friends that live in FL and TX. I would have no problem telling them not to come visit me. I also have a few friends that live in different areas on the New England coast that have reported out of state license plates at area beaches.

Hawaii is not playing around. Anyone who stays in a hotel is watched carefully and arrested if they don't quarantine.

But overall, folks are going to do whatever they want to do and their chances of getting caught are slim. And with the crowded beaches and mask controversy, it seems many don't care too much about spreading this virus.

FL is a hot spot and so is the area or AR where Anna lives. If they do bring covid to OH lets hope it doesn't spread beyond the wedding guests.

But ... since JillR's medical professional friends have proven covid to be an overblown flu, there's no need to worry.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

I keep envisioning Nurie and Nathan having their first kiss with masks on! 😷😷

9 hours ago, Zella said:

Yeah, the fundie theological doctrine seems to indicate that masks are a tool of Satan and good Christians will be protected from the virus by Jesus. 

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think the quarantine suggestions/requirements are first, a deterrent and second, largely depend on snitches.

I have many family and friends that live in FL and TX. I would have no problem telling them not to come visit me. I also have a few friends that live in different areas on the New England coast that have reported out of state license plates at area beaches.

Hawaii is not playing around. Anyone who stays in a hotel is watched carefully and arrested if they don't quarantine.

But overall, folks are going to do whatever they want to do and their chances of getting caught are slim. And with the crowded beaches and mask controversy, it seems many don't care too much about spreading this virus.

FL is a hot spot and so is the area or AR where Anna lives. If they do bring covid to OH lets hope it doesn't spread beyond the wedding guests.

But ... since JillR's medical professional friends have proven covid to be an overblown flu, there's no need to worry.

I'm in South Florida, which has much larger numbers than farther north where the Kellers live.  I can tell you that the beaches are crowded and there are no masks in sight.  I am trying to stay safe, but there are lots of people who just refuse to follow guidelines.  I took a bicycle ride last week and there were so many people on the waterway I almost had a panic attack and had to turn around.  It's bad enough that we're Floridiots, but the Covidiots are making things scary. 

I have a friend from Tampa who's husband ended up on a ventilator and it was pretty scary for a while, I wish people would take this more seriously. Seeing these big families just hanging out everywhere with each other and holding big weddings without a care makes me want to scream. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, sondraK said:

I'm hoping Josh and Anna stay home with their 6 kids,but it won't surprise me if they all show up.

Anna's older sister (the one who lives in Zambia) and a few of her kids are supposedly in the U.S. right now. So assuming they go to the wedding, I would imagine Anna would want to be there to see her, too.

• Useful 9
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Yeah, the fundie theological doctrine seems to indicate that masks are a tool of Satan and good Christians will be protected from the virus by Jesus. 

That would be fine if they also didn’t run right to the hospital when they got sick. Shouldn’t they stay home and let Jesus heal them?

• Love 19
16 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

I’m sure Jesus will protect them. 🙄

Disregard ^^^

Not sure if this was discussed yet. Is Jill a Walmart or Sam's Club shopper?  Shoppers in ALL their stores have to wear a face covering as of 7/20/20.  It is mandatory & the stores will have only one entrance to control things.  

We already have to wear face coverings in public where I am so no big deal for us. I'm not sure how things were/are in Ohio for the Rods or how other public places will follow Walmart's and Sam's rules.

I guess the Rod donations by the Dingus & other fundy families will have to be gotten by Walmart mail order if they won't wear face coverings. 

Back to the baby dolls.....It seemed my best friend & I played with our dolls & Barbies forever.  We "spaced"our make pretend baby doll ages. We each had a life size looking one that could wear real baby clothes as the oldest & she was about 4 years old. The ages worked their way down with the youngest doll being an infant that came on a satin covered piece of cardboard for which we each saved & paid for with our own money.   I still remember us gazing at them in the 5& 10 cent type of store  (G.C. Murphy, for any mid-Atlantic coast posters out there in the mid 60's.) Think it took most of the summer for us to save the probably $2 they each cost but because we did it ourselves and it took awhile, they were one of our most treasured & loved dolls.

I'm glad too Sophia got a brand new doll and a birthday party of her own.  I would love to see what were in the take-away gift bags. Hopefully the Dingus' were in charge of them as well.

BTW, when are the Royal Rod nuptials?  I still need to get ready & clear my already empty calendar.   

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Shouldn't they remember that mask wearing is not about them, but others?  That Jesus himself said, 'Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me'  'Love your neighbor as yourself'  and ' This is my commandment, that ye love one another, even as I have loved you'.  Apparently, they don't read their version of the KJV doesn't include any of that stuff.

So basically, they don't care if they infect the Lord? 😒

• Love 2
Just now, Barb23 said:

Disregard ^^^

Not sure if this was discussed yet. Is Jill a Walmart or Sam's Club shopper?  Shoppers in ALL their stores have to wear a face covering as of 7/20/20.  It is mandatory & the stores will have only one entrance to control things.  

We already have to wear face coverings in public where I am so no big deal for us. I'm not sure how things were/are in Ohio for the Rods or how other public places will follow Walmart's and Sam's rules.

I guess the Rod donations by the Dingus & other fundy families will have to be gotten by Walmart mail order if they won't wear face coverings. 

Back to the baby dolls.....It seemed my best friend & I played with our dolls & Barbies forever.  We "spaced"our make pretend baby doll ages. We each had a life size looking one that could wear real baby clothes as the oldest & she was about 4 years old. The ages worked their way down with the youngest doll being an infant that came on a satin covered piece of cardboard for which we each saved & paid for with our own money.   I still remember us gazing at them in the 5& 10 cent type of store  (G.C. Murphy, for any mid-Atlantic coast posters out there in the mid 60's.) Think it took most of the summer for us to save the probably $2 they each cost but because we did it ourselves and it took awhile, they were one of our most treasured & loved dolls.

I'm glad too Sophia got a brand new doll and a birthday party of her own.  I would love to see what were in the take-away gift bags. Hopefully the Dingus' were in charge of them as well.

BTW, when are the Royal Rod nuptials?  I still need to get ready & clear my already empty calendar.   

I don't think we've seen the Rods at Costco or Sam's, but, yes, the ones here in Ohio are also strict about masks.  As of 6 PM tonight, mask wearing is required indoors in every public space in the state, no exceptions.

The Rod wedding is supposed to be this Saturday, I don't think Jill has told us what time to arrive.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
4 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Disregard ^^^

BTW, when are the Royal Rod nuptials?  I still need to get ready & clear my already empty calendar.   Christmas in July. 

I am going out to a friend's home on Saturday. Small get together only 6 of us. The two women are my best friends of 41 years and our husbands. I won't have on my mask, but no hugging or we joked no making out with each other! I am going to miss the wedding! I expect a full recap! With pictures! 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The Rod wedding is supposed to be this Saturday, I don't think Jill has told us what time to arrive.

Pee sticks are ready. I expect pregnancy announcements by next Saturday....both mother and daughter.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I am going out to a friend's home on Saturday. Small get together only 6 of us. The two women are my best friends of 41 years and our husbands. I won't have on my mask, but no hugging or we joked no making out with each other! I am going to miss the wedding! I expect a full recap! With pictures! 

Well, I debated whether to post this link for quite a while. It’s your decision, obviously, but maybe rethink the masks?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/how-a-small-birthday-lunch-in-tacoma-became-a-coronavirus-cluster/

• Useful 4
  • Love 10

Ugh.  My God-daughter's high school graduation party is at a restaurant this Saturday, masks required.  And another friend's son's in-person graduation party is the following Satuday, outdoors, masks optional.

I'm seriously considering not attending either party.  I'd hate to miss my God-daughter's part, but I'm still so nervous about COVID.  I'm in Michigan, and we're making a bit of a COVID comeback.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Well, I debated whether to post this link for quite a while. It’s your decision, obviously, but maybe rethink the masks?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/how-a-small-birthday-lunch-in-tacoma-became-a-coronavirus-cluster/

I don't mind you sharing it. I am still kind of torn and might just beg off. I love my friends dearly but I know my friend has had her nieces and nephews and their kids over to swim in her pool. Her niece alone has 8 children! 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I saw that article last week and shared it with my husband, who has been a very good sport about staying home.  Pretty much convinced us that staying in our cocoon is the right idea.

• Love 8